Page 10 of 523 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 13055

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

  1. #226
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    On the floor
    Posts
    4,200

    Default

    Mr. Mudkip, your point sucks.

    Seriously.

    I mean, all we've established from this entire argument is that the amount of GBA spin offs and DS spin offs are equal.

    We haven't even seen the damn 3DS yet, so I don't even know why you're so angry about the use of DS cartridges.
    MK Wii FC: 4125-3565-2043

    98% of teenagers cannot perform basic math. If you're one of the 7% who can, copy and paste this into your sig.

    I hack pokemon with my AR. Don't like it? Tough.

    FFIII DS sucks, and MMX6 sucks even more, but MMX7 is just crap.

    It is said that when it roars, a volcano erupts somewhere around the globe.

    ENTEI embodies the passion of magma. This POKEMON is thought to have been born in the eruption of a volcano. It blasts fire that consumes all it touches.

    ENTEI learns Roar at level 15.
    >_<

    Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon-dana
    But seriously, I agree with BitchBlast's point from a few posts back.

  2. #227
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    7,528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzBlast View Post
    We haven't even seen the damn 3DS yet, so I don't even know why you're so angry about the use of DS cartridges.
    Low memory capacity perhaps?

    *shot*

    C_L


    "I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

    "But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

    - Cobaltios

  3. #228
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Je vous jetterez en prison.
    Posts
    3,201

    Default

    I'm not angry about it in the slightest, I just said they have burned through a lot of handhelds without offering anything besides DLC and cameras : /

  4. #229
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    On the floor
    Posts
    4,200

    Default

    And, again, they've done it before.
    MK Wii FC: 4125-3565-2043

    98% of teenagers cannot perform basic math. If you're one of the 7% who can, copy and paste this into your sig.

    I hack pokemon with my AR. Don't like it? Tough.

    FFIII DS sucks, and MMX6 sucks even more, but MMX7 is just crap.

    It is said that when it roars, a volcano erupts somewhere around the globe.

    ENTEI embodies the passion of magma. This POKEMON is thought to have been born in the eruption of a volcano. It blasts fire that consumes all it touches.

    ENTEI learns Roar at level 15.
    >_<

    Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon-dana
    But seriously, I agree with BitchBlast's point from a few posts back.

  5. #230
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Je vous jetterez en prison.
    Posts
    3,201

    Default

    Never denied it, though my point about the Gameboy Micro still stands.

  6. #231
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    On the floor
    Posts
    4,200

    Default

    Not really.

    It doesn't matter when it was released. It's still a spin-off of the GBA, and it still uses the same cartridge.
    MK Wii FC: 4125-3565-2043

    98% of teenagers cannot perform basic math. If you're one of the 7% who can, copy and paste this into your sig.

    I hack pokemon with my AR. Don't like it? Tough.

    FFIII DS sucks, and MMX6 sucks even more, but MMX7 is just crap.

    It is said that when it roars, a volcano erupts somewhere around the globe.

    ENTEI embodies the passion of magma. This POKEMON is thought to have been born in the eruption of a volcano. It blasts fire that consumes all it touches.

    ENTEI learns Roar at level 15.
    >_<

    Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon-dana
    But seriously, I agree with BitchBlast's point from a few posts back.

  7. #232
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Je vous jetterez en prison.
    Posts
    3,201

    Default

    But my point is they churned out a lot of systems without releasing a handheld utilising a new cartridge.
    The DS came before the gameboy micro.

  8. #233
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    On the floor
    Posts
    4,200

    Default

    Again, (what is this, the third time I'm typing this?) it doesn't matter that the DS came out before the Micro.

    At that point Nintendo intended to manage both at the same time, so they released another GBA spin-off.

    Incidentally, why is it so important to you to use new cartridges constantly? There really is no point to the shape as long as it can store the necessary data.
    MK Wii FC: 4125-3565-2043

    98% of teenagers cannot perform basic math. If you're one of the 7% who can, copy and paste this into your sig.

    I hack pokemon with my AR. Don't like it? Tough.

    FFIII DS sucks, and MMX6 sucks even more, but MMX7 is just crap.

    It is said that when it roars, a volcano erupts somewhere around the globe.

    ENTEI embodies the passion of magma. This POKEMON is thought to have been born in the eruption of a volcano. It blasts fire that consumes all it touches.

    ENTEI learns Roar at level 15.
    >_<

    Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon-dana
    But seriously, I agree with BitchBlast's point from a few posts back.

  9. #234
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fred FredburgerFred Fredburger
    Posts
    5,980

    Default

    Need to save money up for it. Curse you Nintendo with the Wii 2 and now the 3DS.

    I need to save a lot of money.
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams



        Spoiler:- Spoiler:

  10. #235
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    ------->
    Posts
    2,440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King World View Post
    Need to save money up for it. Curse you Nintendo with the Wii 2 and now the 3DS.

    I need to save a lot of money.
    It's about time he finally posted somewhere other than the Sonic thread.
    .
    GT: Steeel Woool
    (Let me know you're from SPPF if you send a request)

  11. #236
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    7,528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King World View Post
    Need to save money up for it. Curse you Nintendo with the Wii 2 and now the 3DS.

    I need to save a lot of money.
    No worries, you still have at least 1 year to save up for it. It's not coming out for a while.

    C_L


    "I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

    "But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

    - Cobaltios

  12. #237
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fred FredburgerFred Fredburger
    Posts
    5,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    No worries, you still have at least 1 year to save up for it. It's not coming out for a while.

    C_L
    One year. Not enough time. All the great DS games that are coming out it better be less than 250 than.
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams



        Spoiler:- Spoiler:

  13. #238
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King World View Post
    One year. Not enough time. All the great DS games that are coming out it better be less than 250 than.
    Nintendo's handhelds've always been under 200, no reason to assume otherwise now.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  14. #239
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Je vous jetterez en prison.
    Posts
    3,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzBlast View Post
    Again, (what is this, the third time I'm typing this?) it doesn't matter that the DS came out before the Micro.

    At that point Nintendo intended to manage both at the same time, so they released another GBA spin-off.

    Incidentally, why is it so important to you to use new cartridges constantly? There really is no point to the shape as long as it can store the necessary data.
    You're joking.
    They had released a system with a new cartridge before the Micro came out. The DS. That means they had only released The:
    Gameboy Advance
    Gameboy Advance SP
    Before they released a system with a new cartrige. so that's two (2) systems, three (3) if you count the frontlit/backlit Switch.

    The DS generation had:
    NDS
    DS Lite
    DSi
    DSi XL

    that's four (4) maybe more if the 3DS uses the same cartridge.

    In either case.
    2 is less than 4
    3 is less than 4

    And I don't care so much about them not changing the cartridge, I just made an observation, but you're ridiculousness is bothering the hell out of me.

  15. #240
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    On the floor
    Posts
    4,200

    Default

    Okay, seriously?

    You have yet to explain how the release of the DS was so groundbreaking that it disqualified the Micro from being a GBA spin-off.

    I don't know what you're arguing about, but I'm pointing out that the amount of GBA spin-offs and DS spin-offs are the same.

    Either way, for an observation you sure can be rather forward about things.

    But I digress, we've gotten way off topic.
    MK Wii FC: 4125-3565-2043

    98% of teenagers cannot perform basic math. If you're one of the 7% who can, copy and paste this into your sig.

    I hack pokemon with my AR. Don't like it? Tough.

    FFIII DS sucks, and MMX6 sucks even more, but MMX7 is just crap.

    It is said that when it roars, a volcano erupts somewhere around the globe.

    ENTEI embodies the passion of magma. This POKEMON is thought to have been born in the eruption of a volcano. It blasts fire that consumes all it touches.

    ENTEI learns Roar at level 15.
    >_<

    Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon-dana
    But seriously, I agree with BitchBlast's point from a few posts back.

  16. #241
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Je vous jetterez en prison.
    Posts
    3,201

    Default

    It still is a GBA spin-off.
    That was released after a new cartridge.
    I'm talking about number of handhelds leading up to a new cartridge.

  17. #242
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fred FredburgerFred Fredburger
    Posts
    5,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Nintendo's handhelds've always been under 200, no reason to assume otherwise now.
    They've been getting up there now. The DSi was $169.99 plus 10% tax(Where I live.) so about $188.00. So I will assume that it may be around $200.00 plus tax so about $220.00. But I'll do about $250.00 to be safe.
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams



        Spoiler:- Spoiler:

  18. #243

    Default

    Why are you counting tax in the price exactly?

  19. #244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King World View Post
    So I will assume that it may be around $200.00 plus tax so about $220.00. But I'll do about $250.00 to be safe.
    No, that's a flawed assumption all the way around. They've never, once, ever marketed a handheld at more than $190 and even that's only for the gargantuan and fully-featured DSi XL. They have never launched a first-run handheld for more than $150. They would not launch a handheld for more than the $160-$170 range because the lower price is a key reason as to how they've maintained handheld dominance for so long, going all the way back to the original Game Boy vs. the Game Gear. And regarding your erroneous inclusion of the sales tax in your listing--

    Quote Originally Posted by A d v e n t™ View Post
    Why are you counting tax in the price exactly?
    --is a good question, because you shouldn't be. Sales tax is different in every state, every county, every town. No one's all that interested in how much tax you paid because it's completely irrelevant to them. When discussing a system's price, just use the printed MSRP.



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  20. #245
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A d v e n t™ View Post
    Why are you counting tax in the price exactly?
    Because he's Kings World.

    Anyways, a guess on price can not be made until we know the system's features. The more expensive it is to make, the more expensive the system will be.
    Events:
    On a 3rd Gen Game (Temporarily Unavailable for Trade-Missing DS with a GBA Slot): Bonus Disk Jirachi, 10 ANIV Celebi, 10 ANIV Typhlosion, 10 ANIV Suicune, 10 ANIV Espeon, MYSTRY Mew, XD Lugia
    On a 4th Gen Game: ALAMOS Darkrai, Japanese Member Card Darkrai, Zoroark Movie Scizor, 11219 Mew, NZ Jirachi, Japanese Regigagas to activate the event
    On a 5th Gen Game: GAMESTOP Suicune, May 2012 Darkrai x 3, June 2012 Victini x 2, Spring 2012 Reshiram, Spring 2012 Zekrom, 2012 Arceus, Liberty Island Victini

  21. #246
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    On the floor
    Posts
    4,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mudkip View Post
    It still is a GBA spin-off.
    That was released after a new cartridge.
    I'm talking about number of handhelds leading up to a new cartridge.
    Ah.

    That explians a lot.

    Well now I feel stupider then normal.
    MK Wii FC: 4125-3565-2043

    98% of teenagers cannot perform basic math. If you're one of the 7% who can, copy and paste this into your sig.

    I hack pokemon with my AR. Don't like it? Tough.

    FFIII DS sucks, and MMX6 sucks even more, but MMX7 is just crap.

    It is said that when it roars, a volcano erupts somewhere around the globe.

    ENTEI embodies the passion of magma. This POKEMON is thought to have been born in the eruption of a volcano. It blasts fire that consumes all it touches.

    ENTEI learns Roar at level 15.
    >_<

    Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon-dana
    But seriously, I agree with BitchBlast's point from a few posts back.

  22. #247
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Because he's Kings World.

    Anyways, a guess on price can not be made until we know the system's features. The more expensive it is to make, the more expensive the system will be.
    Nintendo wont make something if they have to raise the price. They'll find a way to make it cheaper to get the price point they want.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  23. #248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Anyways, a guess on price can not be made until we know the system's features.
    No, we can guess, and likely guess quite accurately. Again, Nintendo has never marketed a handheld over $190 American and never launched one at more than $150. They wouldn't be putting this one on the market if it couldn't be sold at a comparable cost to the consumer.



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  24. #249
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Alrorei, South Klimsan
    Posts
    1,533

    Default

    Originally, I would not be getting this. Why? Because I had a DS Phat I got in 2005 which I maintained in factory-fresh condition (took extra care of it) until about yesterday, when my dogs got excited and yanked the charger, it fell off the table, hit the ground directly flat and not on a corner, the system was closed, and the top screen literally snapped off. I don't know how that works. Maybe Nintendo's God, saying "get rid of your still-extremely good condition DS Phat and buy a DSi so we can slap you in the face with a new handheld in a few months".

    I'm suffering from SoulSilver withdraw. ;_;

    But I'm going to get a 3DS when my DSi breaks, and knowing how good I am at keeping things entirely intact, that could mean at least four years.
    Fetilĺse sge jütěkxěyalä çät kijütěkxěyaläyé.
    I've arrived at the conclusion that jumping to conclusions is highly inconclusive.
    deviantART | last.fm | Pogeymanz
    5 years at SPPf.
    I'm Stewart Pidd, the King of Sofas!

  25. #250
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    On the floor
    Posts
    4,200

    Default

    It must have been an act of God.

    I mean, this is a Nintendo handheld we're talking about here.

    I've chucked my DS Lite down the freaking stairs and it works perfectly fine.
    MK Wii FC: 4125-3565-2043

    98% of teenagers cannot perform basic math. If you're one of the 7% who can, copy and paste this into your sig.

    I hack pokemon with my AR. Don't like it? Tough.

    FFIII DS sucks, and MMX6 sucks even more, but MMX7 is just crap.

    It is said that when it roars, a volcano erupts somewhere around the globe.

    ENTEI embodies the passion of magma. This POKEMON is thought to have been born in the eruption of a volcano. It blasts fire that consumes all it touches.

    ENTEI learns Roar at level 15.
    >_<

    Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon-dana
    But seriously, I agree with BitchBlast's point from a few posts back.

Page 10 of 523 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •