Page 10 of 523 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Mr. Mudkip, your point sucks.

Seriously.

I mean, all we've established from this entire argument is that the amount of GBA spin offs and DS spin offs are equal.

We haven't even seen the damn 3DS yet, so I don't even know why you're so angry about the use of DS cartridges.
    MK Wii FC: 4125-3565-2043

98% of teenagers cannot perform basic math. If you're one of the 7% who can, copy and paste this into your sig.

I hack pokemon with my AR. Don't like it? Tough.

FFIII DS sucks, and MMX6 sucks even more, but MMX7 is just crap.

It is said that when it roars, a volcano erupts somewhere around the globe.

ENTEI embodies the passion of magma. This POKEMON is thought to have been born in the eruption of a volcano. It blasts fire that consumes all it touches.

ENTEI learns Roar at level 15.
    >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon-dana
    But seriously, I agree with BitchBlast's point from a few posts back.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzBlast View Post
    We haven't even seen the damn 3DS yet, so I don't even know why you're so angry about the use of DS cartridges.
    Low memory capacity perhaps?

*shot*

C_L

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

I'm not angry about it in the slightest, I just said they have burned through a lot of handhelds without offering anything besides DLC and cameras : /

And, again, they've done it before.

98% of teenagers cannot perform basic math. If you're one of the 7% who can, copy and paste this into your sig.

ENTEI embodies the passion of magma. This POKEMON is thought to have been born in the eruption of a volcano. It blasts fire that consumes all it touches.

>_<

Never denied it, though my point about the Gameboy Micro still stands.

Not really.

It doesn't matter when it was released. It's still a spin-off of the GBA, and it still uses the same cartridge.

>_<

But my point is they churned out a lot of systems without releasing a handheld utilising a new cartridge.
    The DS came before the gameboy micro.

Again, (what is this, the third time I'm typing this?) it doesn't matter that the DS came out before the Micro.

At that point Nintendo intended to manage both at the same time, so they released another GBA spin-off.

Incidentally, why is it so important to you to use new cartridges constantly? There really is no point to the shape as long as it can store the necessary data.

>_<

Need to save money up for it. Curse you Nintendo with the Wii 2 and now the 3DS.

I need to save a lot of money.
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by King World View Post
    Need to save money up for it. Curse you Nintendo with the Wii 2 and now the 3DS.

It's about time he finally posted somewhere other than the Sonic thread.
    GT: Steeel Woool
    (Let me know you're from SPPF if you send a request)

No worries, you still have at least 1 year to save up for it. It's not coming out for a while.

C_L

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    No worries, you still have at least 1 year to save up for it. It's not coming out for a while.

C_L
    One year. Not enough time. All the great DS games that are coming out it better be less than 250 than.
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

One year. Not enough time. All the great DS games that are coming out it better be less than 250 than.
    Nintendo's handhelds've always been under 200, no reason to assume otherwise now.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzBlast View Post
    Again, (what is this, the third time I'm typing this?) it doesn't matter that the DS came out before the Micro.

At that point Nintendo intended to manage both at the same time, so they released another GBA spin-off.

Incidentally, why is it so important to you to use new cartridges constantly? There really is no point to the shape as long as it can store the necessary data.
    You're joking.
    They had released a system with a new cartridge before the Micro came out. The DS. That means they had only released The:
    Gameboy Advance
    Gameboy Advance SP
    Before they released a system with a new cartrige. so that's two (2) systems, three (3) if you count the frontlit/backlit Switch.

The DS generation had:
    NDS
    DS Lite
    DSi
    DSi XL

that's four (4) maybe more if the 3DS uses the same cartridge.

In either case.
    2 is less than 4
    3 is less than 4

And I don't care so much about them not changing the cartridge, I just made an observation, but you're ridiculousness is bothering the hell out of me.

Okay, seriously?

You have yet to explain how the release of the DS was so groundbreaking that it disqualified the Micro from being a GBA spin-off.

I don't know what you're arguing about, but I'm pointing out that the amount of GBA spin-offs and DS spin-offs are the same.

Either way, for an observation you sure can be rather forward about things.

But I digress, we've gotten way off topic.

>_<

It still is a GBA spin-off.
    That was released after a new cartridge.
    I'm talking about number of handhelds leading up to a new cartridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Nintendo's handhelds've always been under 200, no reason to assume otherwise now.
    They've been getting up there now. The DSi was $169.99 plus 10% tax(Where I live.) so about $188.00. So I will assume that it may be around $200.00 plus tax so about $220.00. But I'll do about $250.00 to be safe.
    Douglas Adams

Why are you counting tax in the price exactly?

So I will assume that it may be around $200.00 plus tax so about $220.00. But I'll do about $250.00 to be safe.
    No, that's a flawed assumption all the way around. They've never, once, ever marketed a handheld at more than $190 and even that's only for the gargantuan and fully-featured DSi XL. They have never launched a first-run handheld for more than $150. They would not launch a handheld for more than the $160-$170 range because the lower price is a key reason as to how they've maintained handheld dominance for so long, going all the way back to the original Game Boy vs. the Game Gear. And regarding your erroneous inclusion of the sales tax in your listing--

Quote Originally Posted by A d v e n t™ View Post
    --is a good question, because you shouldn't be. Sales tax is different in every state, every county, every town. No one's all that interested in how much tax you paid because it's completely irrelevant to them. When discussing a system's price, just use the printed MSRP.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by A d v e n t™ View Post
    Because he's Kings World.

Anyways, a guess on price can not be made until we know the system's features. The more expensive it is to make, the more expensive the system will be.
    Events:
    On a 3rd Gen Game (Temporarily Unavailable for Trade-Missing DS with a GBA Slot): Bonus Disk Jirachi, 10 ANIV Celebi, 10 ANIV Typhlosion, 10 ANIV Suicune, 10 ANIV Espeon, MYSTRY Mew, XD Lugia
    On a 4th Gen Game: ALAMOS Darkrai, Japanese Member Card Darkrai, Zoroark Movie Scizor, 11219 Mew, NZ Jirachi, Japanese Regigagas to activate the event
    On a 5th Gen Game: GAMESTOP Suicune, May 2012 Darkrai x 3, June 2012 Victini x 2, Spring 2012 Reshiram, Spring 2012 Zekrom, 2012 Arceus, Liberty Island Victini

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mudkip View Post
    It still is a GBA spin-off.
    That was released after a new cartridge.
    I'm talking about number of handhelds leading up to a new cartridge.
    Ah.

That explians a lot.

Well now I feel stupider then normal.

>_<

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Because he's Kings World.

Anyways, a guess on price can not be made until we know the system's features. The more expensive it is to make, the more expensive the system will be.
    Nintendo wont make something if they have to raise the price. They'll find a way to make it cheaper to get the price point they want.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Anyways, a guess on price can not be made until we know the system's features.
    No, we can guess, and likely guess quite accurately. Again, Nintendo has never marketed a handheld over $190 American and never launched one at more than $150. They wouldn't be putting this one on the market if it couldn't be sold at a comparable cost to the consumer.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Originally, I would not be getting this. Why? Because I had a DS Phat I got in 2005 which I maintained in factory-fresh condition (took extra care of it) until about yesterday, when my dogs got excited and yanked the charger, it fell off the table, hit the ground directly flat and not on a corner, the system was closed, and the top screen literally snapped off. I don't know how that works. Maybe Nintendo's God, saying "get rid of your still-extremely good condition DS Phat and buy a DSi so we can slap you in the face with a new handheld in a few months".

I'm suffering from SoulSilver withdraw. ;_;

But I'm going to get a 3DS when my DSi breaks, and knowing how good I am at keeping things entirely intact, that could mean at least four years.
    Fetilĺse sge jütěkxěyalä çät kijütěkxěyaläyé.
    I've arrived at the conclusion that jumping to conclusions is highly inconclusive.
    deviantART | last.fm | Pogeymanz
    5 years at SPPf.
    I'm Stewart Pidd, the King of Sofas!

It must have been an act of God.

I mean, this is a Nintendo handheld we're talking about here.

I've chucked my DS Lite down the freaking stairs and it works perfectly fine.

>_<

Page 10 of 523 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast