Page 351 of 522 FirstFirst ... 251301341347348349350351352353354355361401451 ... LastLast
Results 8,751 to 8,775 of 13045

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

I am currently thinking about getting a Nintendo 3DS because I'd love to play Pokémon White 2 in its entirety and also because my original DS from 2005 has some serious damages — its battery lasts 2h30m at its best. I was actually hoping for a smaller version of the 3DS, a sort of "Lite" version, so this Nintendo 3DS XL just turned my expectations upside down. What I look for in game consoles is great portability, design and technical caratheristics. At a first and distant glance, the first two seem to lack in the Nintendo 3DS XL, at least in my opinion.
    Last edited by Eelijah; 26th June 2012 at 10:49 PM.
    Unus pro omnibus, omnes pro uno

:: Athos :: Porthos :: Aramis
    :: D'Artagnan

Quote Originally Posted by Eelijah View Post
    I was actually hoping for a smaller version of the 3DS, a sort of "Lite" version
    The 3DS differs in size from the Lite by no more than a few millimeters. There's a certain point after which they can't actually shrink stuff any more than they have. The original DS was large and clunky - I'm not sure how people look at the 3DS and see similar amounts of fat that can be trimmed away.

Beyond this particular conversation, you may wish to compare your signature to this.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Do you guys think that GEN 6 of Pokemon will be on the 3DS?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MrComboman77?feature=mhee My channel. Check it OUT.

Click here if you like video games, strategy, teamwork, and unique and creative characters. Oh, and battles: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?r...66512838875708

Let the cold take you...feel its power....

Quote Originally Posted by Comboman77 View Post
    With the way things are going, it's hard to say with 100% accuracy, but it's likely that they will make Gen 6 3DS exclusive.

In my mind, that's what I think will happen. My estimate is around 2015, I'm sure enough people will have had a 3DS by then.
    Want to read an epic reinactment of a series that needs more love? Click the userbar! As of 3/16/13, Chapter 50 is up!

Credit to Trickster44 for the userbar!

I knew that many people would agree with me!
    Anyway, do you guys think that Swapnote should get color?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MrComboman77?feature=mhee My channel. Check it OUT.

Click here if you like video games, strategy, teamwork, and unique and creative characters. Oh, and battles: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?r...66512838875708

Let the cold take you...feel its power....

No.

Is it necessary to keep posting nothing but hypothetical poll questions?

-----
    Words to|live by

Two is hardy many, not that I disagree with them but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Two is hardy many, not that I disagree with them but still.
    Trust me. This guy will keep asking those questions.

Why, he could've asked that Gen 6 question elsewhere in the forum instead of here, for example.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Special: Ace Attorney - All Breakdowns (+ PL & PW:AA)

No, it'll be on the Vita.

May I suggest that we get back on track here before it gets crazy than it is.

Now with that being said, Seen over at Tiny Cartridge that the 3DS XL screens look way bigger in person than it has been seen in the press media. I do though have to say that it ain't as bad as some say it is. I mean, At least that it ain't like the Virtual Boy. Though everything has small faults that people whine about for no reason at all.

Smashin' !

Time to start a revolution (maybe) with hands-on experience on the 3DS XL: http://kotaku.com/5921563/first-3ds-...clear-graphics

From Kotaku:

Several French gaming sites have published the first hands-on impressions. Thanks to Google Translate and friendly NeoGAF Posters, it would appear that the French demonstrators are quite impressed with the new, bigger handheld.

From a hands-on posted to the site Puissance Nintendo come the following impressions, along with the above video and image below (Google Translated via GAF):
    - Huge screen
    - Better viewing angle
    - 3D effect looks better/more effective/more natural
    - 2D mode looks better than regular 3DS
    - Image looks better/softer (they assume there might be some filter but not sure)
    - The grip (round corners) fit nicely
    - Unit fits better in hands (they wonder if it should've been the main design in first place)
    - Unit is lighter than they expected
    - There's a coat in the unit (not fully matte) that gives it a "deluxe plastic imitating metal" look
    - Not sure at the sound as the room was quite noisy

A second preview at Bamar En Live has a similar takeaway, with the translation saying that, vitally, the games don't look degraded on the 3DS XL's bigger screen. "While the image looked worse on a DSiXL than on a DSi, it's not the case here. 3DSXL pixels look as defined as on 3DS."

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Special: Ace Attorney - All Breakdowns (+ PL & PW:AA)

I know it was not practical enough, but I want to keep my old 3ds for the Circle Pad Pro. I like to play Left-Handed Kid Icarus: Uprising, and MGS3D.

I think the XL was a good concept though.

I may be the only one that really liked the CPP.

Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!
    Wakin, I'm already a demon...
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

I'd like it if developers started using it.

EDIT: Anybody know what the update was about?
    Last edited by Icay4321; 27th June 2012 at 4:08 AM.
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

I'd like it if developers started using it.

EDIT: Anybody know what the update was about?
    According to the 3DS gamefaqs boards, it's bug fixes and security updates. Boring crap, basically.

Meh, need to keep up on that stuff, at least they do it often enough so you don't have to worry about big crashes.
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

new update just blocks flashcarts and updates E.shop a bit.
    3DS FC: 0044-2817-7751

GUYS I NEED HELP D;

i have a blue 3ds and i wanna get the 3ds XL, but i have tons of downloadable games downloaded on the 3ds, is there anyway i can transfer my 3ds games to the XL????
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Reading the various links posted throughout the last few pages would have told you that, yes, System Transfer is a basic and included utility.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Time to start a revolution (maybe) with hands-on experience on the 3DS XL: http://kotaku.com/5921563/first-3ds-...clear-graphics
    Damn, that looks nice. If it weren't for the Wii U being released in the near future, I'd consider getting one.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Reading the various links posted throughout the last few pages would have told you that, yes, System Transfer is a basic and included utility.
    Will eb let me do a system transfer in store, because i want to trade my 3ds for an xl :O
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.) View Post
    Will eb let me do a system transfer in store, because i want to trade my 3ds for an xl :O
    Seriously doubt it.

Likely not.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

xDoN904™ is offline ⓈⓅⒺⒺⒹⓎ★ⓈⓅⒺⒺⒹ★ⒷⓄⓎ

As much as i hope for that, they won't just waste their time letting you do that.

3DS FC: 3523 2818 0917 X IGN: PsychoDon904 Y IGN: PsychoDon904

NOTICE: I just started my part time job recently and I don't have as much time to trade so on the weekdays I am available between 12pm - 3pm/11pm - 4am EST Monday - Friday and all day Sundays when I wake up.

Pokemon Y Is my main of the two with over 999:59+ Hours invested since launch.

Pokemon X&Y!!!
    FS type: Electric (Stunfisk, Electrode and Galvantula)

Y MM Tries: 11
    Current MM: N/A
    Successful MM: 3IV Deino (73rd egg)/3IV Honedge (433rd egg)/4IV Gible (8th egg)/5IV Goomy (8th Egg)/4IV(0 Spe) Honedge (100th egg)/4IV (0 Def....GARBAGE!!!) Pumpkaboo XL (12th egg)/5IV Machop (72nd egg)

damn i have a tough choice now :'(
    Latest AmourShipping AMV

Page 351 of 522 FirstFirst ... 251301341347348349350351352353354355361401451 ... LastLast