Page 359 of 525 FirstFirst ... 259309349355356357358359360361362363369409459 ... LastLast
Results 8,951 to 8,975 of 13116

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

  1. #8951
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Only get Sonic Generations game if you don't have the 360/PS3 version as the 3DS version is inferior compare to them.

    I disagree. They only share one level theme and a plot, so levelwise they're two entirely different games. I do agree the console version is superior to the 3DS version, but that's like saying you shouldn't get the DS Version of New Super Mario Bros. because the Wii version is superior.

  2. #8952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterHibiki View Post
    If only there were some good games to be released on the console like the Wii U. I mean, things like Pikmin 3? That's Nintendo gaming gold and there should be more content like this on the Nintendo 3DS. And now they're focusing their working power on the 3DSXL. What? Why? Make the games your focal point before you make another useless system.
    Newbie, we'd like to hear the part where it says they're going to focus totally on the 3DS XL, according to your claim.

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    I disagree. They only share one level theme and a plot, so levelwise they're two entirely different games. I do agree the console version is superior to the 3DS version, but that's like saying you shouldn't get the DS Version of New Super Mario Bros. because the Wii version is superior.
    Yet the two games you mentioned play the same but with their own game mechanics. Also, there's an age gap in there.

  3. #8953
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    I disagree. They only share one level theme and a plot, so levelwise they're two entirely different games. I do agree the console version is superior to the 3DS version, but that's like saying you shouldn't get the DS Version of New Super Mario Bros. because the Wii version is superior.
    Actually, you shouldn't get the Wii version of NSMB because the DS one is far superior.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  4. #8954
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    A white Van with no windows...
    Posts
    3,823

    Default

    unless you like the multiplayer, nothing is more satisfying than tossing your friends into sure death...

  5. #8955
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Yet the two games you mentioned play the same but with their own game mechanics.
    And the New Super Mario Bros. games don't? Wii version multiplayer aside, the only difference they have is one having the SMB3 powerup storage system and one having the SMW powerup storage system.

  6. #8956
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonlink View Post
    Wow people are trashing on the 3DS XL when it is superior to the 3DS for the most part. Sure it sucks not having a charger with the thing in certain areas a but the bigger screen is worth it imo.
    I am sorry but having a bigger screen, especially when the games aren't built with it in mind, with a 1.5 extra battery power isn't a reason to buy a 3DSXL. Especially when's a cheaper alternative model on the market.

    Having to buy a charger separately doesn't help either.

    But hey if some people want to buy it then fine it's their money, but I still think buying or sticking with your 3DS is the better option.


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

  7. #8957

    Default

    They didn't even bother giving it a second Circle Pad. There's very, very little point in purchasing a 3DS XL if one already owns a 3DS.

  8. #8958
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    on Earth
    Posts
    2,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    I am sorry but having a bigger screen, especially when the games aren't built with it in mind, with a 1.5 extra battery power isn't a reason to buy a 3DSXL. Especially when's a cheaper alternative model on the market.

    Having to buy a charger separately doesn't help either.

    But hey if some people want to buy it then fine it's their money, but I still think buying or sticking with your 3DS is the better option.
    The XL will get an increased battery down the line somewhere so I'm not worried about that.

    You saw the video I linked right? The XL's screen doesn't blur the graphics just cause its bigger than the 3DS's screen for Mario Kart 7. Whose to say that games can't support both the small and larger 3DS?

    The main reason I want the XL is for the increased view. The 3DS's small screen strains my eyes sometimes and honestly IMO sucks compared to the old PSP's screen.

    The thing I hate most is the missing 2nd stick but I'll live with it. HMV released an image of a 3DS XL with a 2nd stick and I can't help but think it actually made sense and Nintendo is being way too cheap. Its not like the XL is meant to be portable in pocket form.

    http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/8...urced-picture/
    Last edited by Crimsonlink; 18th July 2012 at 9:51 PM.

  9. #8959
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonlink View Post
    You saw the video I linked right? The XL's screen doesn't blur the graphics just cause its bigger than the 3DS's screen for Mario Kart 7. Whose to say that games can't support both the small and larger 3DS?
    Yes it does. Just because you can't notice doesn't mean it's not happening. The 3DS XL has the exact same resolution stretched over a larger surface area, it is not as clear, fact.

    HMV released an image of a 3DS XL with a 2nd stick
    That was a photoshop someone did as soon as the 3DS XL was announced, as you can see it's a regular 3DS with a stick slapped on it. HMV is full retard and put it on display in their store.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  10. #8960
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    274

    Default

    Hey I see a lot of discussion here about 3DS and it's bigger bro, the XL version. Well I've looked around and saw that some say that buying the XL isn't worth it while others say that if you don't have a 3DS you should go for the 3DS XL.

    Now my question is: I now have a DS Lite, what is the better option to upgrade to? The 3DS of the XL version? I don't really care about the price difference between the two but it's just which would be the better option to choose for. (Considering I will also keep playing my regular DS games.)
    My Shinies -><- My Shinies
    ^These Shinies aren't up for trade!^
    ----------
    BadgeQuest -><- Shiny Card
    Claimed the fluffiest Dragon of all ... ALTARIA

  11. #8961
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Chaos Breeders Leader
    Posts
    525

    Default

    The only real use of the 3DS XL is for apps like Color 3D where you can zoom in or out, so then you can you can cover more area at once while not needing to make the image smaller.
    But the disadvantages of it being less crisp, bigger size which means less portability, and higher price make the 3DS XL much less of a buy then then the 3DS.

    |Pokemon Parodies|Newest Parody:"The Dog Who is Staying"|

        Spoiler:

  12. #8962
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,205

    Default

    Unless you have trouble seeing there's really no need to go for the 3DS XL.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  13. #8963
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    They didn't even bother giving it a second Circle Pad. There's very, very little point in purchasing a 3DS XL if one already owns a 3DS.
    Because it doesn't need one.

    None of the 3DS games require the second Circle Pad to get full enjoyment.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonlink View Post
    The thing I hate most is the missing 2nd stick but I'll live with it. HMV released an image of a 3DS XL with a 2nd stick and I can't help but think it actually made sense and Nintendo is being way too cheap. Its not like the XL is meant to be portable in pocket form.
    OK few things;

    One: even though the 3DSXL is bigger sized it's still a portable gaming device.
    Two: None of the 3DS game need it.
    Three: The 3DSXL isn't a hardware upgrade to replace the 3DS line, it's being sold along side the 3DS.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    HMV is full retard and put it on display in their store.
    HMV is always in full retard.


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

  14. #8964
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,089

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    They didn't even bother giving it a second Circle Pad. There's very, very little point in purchasing a 3DS XL if one already owns a 3DS.
    Well, duh. And Nintendo wouldn't have given it a second Circle Pad anyway because a game that requires a second Circle Pad would alienate all of the people who bought the original 3DS.

  15. #8965
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Chaos Breeders Leader
    Posts
    525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    Well, duh. And Nintendo wouldn't have given it a second Circle Pad anyway because a game that requires a second Circle Pad would alienate all of the people who bought the original 3DS.
    No, because they would made it a requirement that any games that can use the second circle pad/circle pad pro, also have a control option for regular 3DS users.

    |Pokemon Parodies|Newest Parody:"The Dog Who is Staying"|

        Spoiler:

  16. #8966
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    a really nice chair
    Posts
    3,920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz14456_Whenwilltheychangeitback View Post
    No, because they would made it a requirement that any games that can use the second circle pad/circle pad pro, also have a control option for regular 3DS users.
    But then it's not a requirement.

  17. #8967
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz14456_Whenwilltheychangeitback View Post
    No, because they would made it a requirement that any games that can use the second circle pad/circle pad pro, also have a control option for regular 3DS users.
    Then there would be reason to add a second circle pad on the 3DSXL in the first place, your logic fails.


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

  18. #8968
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    on Earth
    Posts
    2,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Then there would be reason to add a second circle pad on the 3DSXL in the first place, your logic fails.
    I actually don't get your logic.

    Nintendo didn't add a 2nd stick to the original 3DS. However certain 3rd party members wanted one so the CPP was created to cater to them. It goes for a ridiculous $20 at Gamestop as an exclusive accessory in the USA. Might as well charge $60 bucks for games that use it. >.>

    Then comes out the XL with no 2nd stick. Then it looks like the XL will get its own CPP. What a shocker.... Another $20 on top of the $200.

    Its optional sure but games that take advantage of a 2nd stick usually play better. There actually should be reason to add a 2nd stick so games such as KH: DDD and Paper Mario can enjoy 2 control sticks instead of just 1 and struggle with the controls. Especially shooters and adventure games that can map the camera to the 2nd stick.

    As for the original 3DS owners, well guess what? People payed $20 bucks to play Skyward Sword with Wii Motion Plus. Pay $20 bucks and you can play with 2 sticks as well.

    If Nintendo products are going to come out incomplete like this then I'm gonna hold off on any purchases from them until a decent version comes out.

    This is just my opinion so no need to bite my head off. Feel free to disagree though.

  19. #8969
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Oxford, England
    Posts
    3,097

    Default

    On a different topic, Nintendo have released another set of puzzle panels. I've got a 8*5 Kirby's 20th Anniversary one, but I think there's other ones.

    Aaaand now I'm even less likely to finish the several panels I'm only one piece away from. Oh boy. It doesn't help I've only had one streetpass since Easter, even the game stores seem to have stopped streetpassing. I used to be guaranteed to get at least one from the nearest large town, sometimes even up to four, but now I hardly find any anywhere.

    All this and more on my tumblr!
    I can breed premier ball Johto starters.
    3DS: 1160-9852-7611
    Will-Powered Spriter

  20. #8970
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonlink View Post
    This is just my opinion so no need to bite my head off. Feel free to disagree though.
    We will disagree. The CPP is optional, you need to understand that. You seem to think that it shouldn't be optional. Games that decided to utilize the optional accessory do work better with it. But because it is optional, developers don't have to create a game that uses it, which means there would have been no sense including it on the 3DS XL and driving up the price. If someone wants a game that can use the CPP, and they actually want to use the CPP, then they can choose to buy it then.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  21. #8971
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Will-powered Spriter View Post
    On a different topic, Nintendo have released another set of puzzle panels. I've got a 8*5 Kirby's 20th Anniversary one, but I think there's other ones.

    Aaaand now I'm even less likely to finish the several panels I'm only one piece away from. Oh boy. It doesn't help I've only had one streetpass since Easter, even the game stores seem to have stopped streetpassing. I used to be guaranteed to get at least one from the nearest large town, sometimes even up to four, but now I hardly find any anywhere.
    noooooooooooo

    pink pieces why must you hate me

  22. #8972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    noooooooooooo

    pink pieces why must you hate me
    Their very existence mocks us people who cannot find a place that feels like Japan's overabundance of 3DS systems.

  23. #8973
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The land of the livid dead.
    Posts
    915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Will-powered Spriter View Post
    On a different topic, Nintendo have released another set of puzzle panels. I've got a 8*5 Kirby's 20th Anniversary one, but I think there's other ones.

    Aaaand now I'm even less likely to finish the several panels I'm only one piece away from. Oh boy. It doesn't help I've only had one streetpass since Easter, even the game stores seem to have stopped streetpassing. I used to be guaranteed to get at least one from the nearest large town, sometimes even up to four, but now I hardly find any anywhere.
    Yay... I went from 2/3 done from the convention to only 1/2 done... IT NEVER ENDS. I also got a Kirby 20th Anniversary one.

    Even in place you'd think you'd get a Streetpass you usually don't. I went to a baseball game once and got no one. Yet once I got a Streetpass at a Chinese restaurant... And yeah, I pass by game stores a lot and haven't gotten any from there.

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Their very existence mocks us people who cannot find a place that feels like Japan's overabundance of 3DS systems.
    Cultural differences... >_>
    Want to read an epic reinactment of a series that needs more love? Click the userbar! As of 3/16/13, Chapter 50 is up!

    Credit to Trickster44 for the userbar!

  24. #8974
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,901

    Default

    I'm kind of lucky in that my college has a number of people with 3dses and puzzle pieces but yeesh

    at least let us spend double for a pink piece or something

  25. #8975
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    716

    Default

    I have yet to complete a single puzzle and I've had a 3DS since launch 8D

    3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

Page 359 of 525 FirstFirst ... 259309349355356357358359360361362363369409459 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •