Page 434 of 509 FirstFirst ... 334384424430431432433434435436437438444484 ... LastLast
Results 10,826 to 10,850 of 12711

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

  1. #10826
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    5,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    DONKEY KONG RETURNS 3D! All my money Nintendo, all the money in my wallet, the bank, and any future savings!
    What?! Did I miss this, or are they not showing it to Europe? :|

  2. #10827
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    South of Nowhere
    Posts
    7,861

    Default

    It was on the Japanese Stream. eShop only, dunno if its the full game or otherwise. Most likely going to be released in the west as well. Also apparently a Rolling Dillon sequel is coming.
    Edit: Oh god, Mario and Donkey Kong for eShop as well. Its a new game in the Mario VS Donkey Series, and it looks like its mixing pipe dream in there as well. And DKCR3D is confirmed for Europe. Its apparently the whole game remade.
    Last edited by mitchman_93; 14th February 2013 at 2:39 PM.
    BLAH

  3. #10828
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    5,923

    Default

    They're announcing Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D now. A 3D trailer will be up on the eShop later today.

  4. #10829
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,189

    Default

    I might buy Mario Golf, but that's really that only new game announced that I'm interested in. Maybe DKCR.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  5. #10830
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Route 12
    Posts
    809

    Default

    Nintendo Direct just got over for NA, I really liked it. They started off by showing Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon for Year of Luigi!! As well a new Mario & Luigi RPG for the 3DS was shown which looks pretty cool. So many cools games, I'm gonna be broke by the end of this year lol.
    They also showed off Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and a demo version that's being released on Feb 21st. Gonna check that out and can't wait for it to be released.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
        Spoiler:- 6 Region Nuzlocke Challenge:

    3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

  6. #10831

    Default

    I'm really looking forward to Mario & Luigi: Dream Team. It seems like you'll only be playing as Mario this time, while you use Luigi's outside body to manipulate the field, ala like Bowser in Bowser's Inside Story.

    Kinda a short release window after announcement. Either Nintendo has been keeping it a secret, or it is short/rushed...

  7. #10832
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    South of Nowhere
    Posts
    7,861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Transition & Retribution View Post
    I'm really looking forward to Mario & Luigi: Dream Team. It seems like you'll only be playing as Mario this time, while you use Luigi's outside body to manipulate the field, ala like Bowser in Bowser's Inside Story.

    Kinda a short release window after announcement. Either Nintendo has been keeping it a secret, or it is short/rushed...
    Not his body, but his dreams, you're going into his dreams. This is my favorite of the show, no doubt about it. Mario RPG has always been an excellent series, and this looks on par. I can't wait to see what they got in store for us with it.
    BLAH

  8. #10833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    Not his body, but his dreams, you're going into his dreams.
    Yes I know, but it is a similar concept.

  9. #10834
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Unova, NY
    Posts
    6,139

    Default

    There isn't enough money in the world that I can have Nintendo take.

    Hmm. Going into Luigi's dreams, huh? An interesting concept, but I'm not sure I like the idea of Luigi becoming a plot device.

    Hopefully there will be moments where he can be played as as well.

  10. #10835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    There isn't enough money in the world that I can have Nintendo take.

    Hmm. Going into Luigi's dreams, huh? An interesting concept, but I'm not sure I like the idea of Luigi becoming a plot device.

    Hopefully there will be moments where he can be played as as well.
    It looks like you can make Luigi's spawn inside, and control them for battles and stuff.

  11. #10836
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyon View Post
    They also showed off Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and a demo version that's being released on Feb 21st. Gonna check that out and can't wait for it to be released.
    So looking forward to Monster Hunter. It's been too long since a good one has come out here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Transition & Retribution View Post
    Either Nintendo has been keeping it a secret, or it is short/rushed...
    Nintendo doesn't rush anything. They're just good at preventing leaks.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  12. #10837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Nintendo doesn't rush anything. They're just good at preventing leaks.
    Not leaks, just I just don't think they've had enough footage to show before. I mean Bowser's Inside Story had a trailer ready in early 2008, when it was released late 2009.

  13. #10838
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    South of Nowhere
    Posts
    7,861

    Default

    Had a quick look at the DKCR3D trailer on the 3DS, the 3D is amazingly great for this game. It pops out wonderfully, and even if the footage was a bit crappy, it still did justice for the game.
    BLAH

  14. #10839
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Unova, NY
    Posts
    6,139

    Default

    So the 3DS Donkey Kong is a port or something? Why? The original game came out years ago. This is pointless.

    And even worse, this means we're stuck with the Tikis again.

    Woo...hoo. What boring villains.
    Last edited by lolipiece; 14th February 2013 at 3:51 PM.

  15. #10840
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    South of Nowhere
    Posts
    7,861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    So the 3DS Donkey Kong is a port or something? Why? The original game came out years ago. This is pointless.

    And even worse, this means we're stuck with the Tikis again.

    Woo...hoo. What boring villains.
    Why? Who knows, this is Nintendo. Personally haven't played it, so its kind of cool. Apparently its gonna make it better cause of the lack of waggle, so I guess that's incentive? Not to mention its only DD not retail.
    BLAH

  16. #10841
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Transition & Retribution View Post
    Not leaks, just I just don't think they've had enough footage to show before. I mean Bowser's Inside Story had a trailer ready in early 2008, when it was released late 2009.
    You do realise that the game is due to be release in the summer so it either finished or they are just adding the final touch to it.

    Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    So the 3DS Donkey Kong is a port or something?
    They stated that it's being built from the ground up.

    Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Why?
    Because people like Donkey Kong and we can actually play the game without shaking the Wiimote.

    Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    The original game came out years ago.
    So?

    Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    This is pointless.
    This statement is pointless as you don't have to buy it if you don't want it. So stop complaining.

    Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    And even worse, this means we're stuck with the Tikis again.
    Well duh it's a remake of the original game

    Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Woo...hoo. What boring villains.
    Opinion, since I could say the same about the whatever the original villains was called.


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

  17. #10842
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Where love doesn't reach
    Posts
    1,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Transition & Retribution View Post
    I'm really looking forward to Mario & Luigi: Dream Team. It seems like you'll only be playing as Mario this time
    That's what I initially thought as well but after watching over the trailer again, in the section where Mario is platforming inside Luigi's dreams, there is a jump icon for Luigi as well as Mario. Interesting seeing as whenever they are separated in the games normally only one icon is displayed.

    I don't think Nintendo would just have Mario having all the fun while Luigi would be sleeping anyway, there's bound to be some 3D-overworld exploration for the pair.

  18. #10843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    You do realise that the game is due to be release in the summer so it either finished or they are just adding the final touch to it.
    Yeah I realized. I'm just a tad bit weirded out that we only heard about this game a few months before it's coming out, unlike Bowser's Inside Story which was revealed early 2008 and then came out late 2009.

    Anyway what an awesome year for the 3DS

    Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    That's what I initially thought as well but after watching over the trailer again, in the section where Mario is platforming inside Luigi's dreams, there is a jump icon for Luigi as well as Mario. Interesting seeing as whenever they are separated in the games normally only one icon is displayed.

    I don't think Nintendo would just have Mario having all the fun while Luigi would be sleeping anyway, there's bound to be some 3D-overworld exploration for the pair.
    I think you'll be able to play as multiple Luigi's that you can spawn through Luigi's dreams.

  19. #10844
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    South of Nowhere
    Posts
    7,861

    Default

    Looking at the trailer for Dream Team, I can only assume some parts of the games are in Luigi's Mind were you're traveling in his dreams, where as the other part of the game is gonna be on the proper OW, traveling with Luigi as well, as shown in that bit where you're in town near some shops, like BIS. Summer 2013 is shaping up to be quite a beast for 3DS, and the best is to come likely for winter 2013.
    BLAH

  20. #10845

    Default

    It seems attack pieces are back. I always liked that method of getting special attacks, so that's good.

  21. #10846
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    5,923

    Default

    I can't say I'm too interested in DKCR3D after learning that it's the exact same game as before. I thought it was a new Donkey Kong game for 3DS (I hadn't realised that DKCR is called Donkey Kong Returns in Japan). :P It's a shame, since my 3DS has seen very little use over the past few months. Luigi's Mansion 2 and New Leaf are the only 3DS games I'm going to contemplate buying over the next few months (I don't care for Gates to Infinity due to its disappointing choice of starter and partner Pokémon).

  22. #10847
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    Mario and Luigi, Dark Moon details, Mario vs. Donkey Kong, Fire Emblem DLC...I'M GONNA EXPLODE DUE TO AWESOMENESS!
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  23. #10848
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    9,164

    Default

    Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D is utterly pointless, the game just came out a few years ago. Still nothing to get excited about, as I expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  24. #10849
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D is utterly pointless,
    Your comment is pointless, since we can actually play the game with out the Wiimote gimmick which put a lot off from playing the game.

    Also you don't have to buy it if you don't want it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    the game just came out a few years ago.
    Which is why Nintendo is releasing it digitally on the E-shop.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Still nothing to get excited about, as I expected.
    I disagree and I am sure plenty more people feel the same as me, then again our standard aren't stupidly high like yours.


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

  25. #10850
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hero's Hellhole
    Posts
    9,130

    Default

    Depending on the price, I -might- get it. I've never played the Wii version, and I've heard it's good.

    Namely, if it's $30>, I'll get it, since I believe that's what the Wii version is retailing for now.

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Pokemon can be good if you lower your standards a bit, and not expect anything good.

Page 434 of 509 FirstFirst ... 334384424430431432433434435436437438444484 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •