Page 445 of 509 FirstFirst ... 345395435441442443444445446447448449455495 ... LastLast
Results 11,101 to 11,125 of 12711

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Manaphy View Post
    Wow, that's a great deal. Is it in store only or will it be available online?
    As far as I can find it's going to be in-store only. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I called my local Target and apparently they don't even know if they are getting any so hoping they'll know by next week or so.

3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

I saw another website talking about the Pikachu 3DS XL at Target and it said this reduced price is going on from the 24th - 30th. Even better it's not just for the special edition Pikachu, Targets also reducing the price on regular 3DS for $129.99 and 3DS XL's($159.99).
    I'm pretty sure there's going to be a lot of people at Target when this starts I just hope I can get there to grab me one of those Pikachu 3DS XL's
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
        Spoiler:- 6 Region Nuzlocke Challenge:

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

Quote Originally Posted by Arcamenel View Post
    As far as I can find it's going to be in-store only. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I called my local Target and apparently they don't even know if they are getting any so hoping they'll know by next week or so.
    Bummer. I'm just afraid of the limited in-store stock.. I wonder if they're any other hidden Pokemon fans over here?
    Trade Shop =)

2021 6809 5368

SS FC =]

Bummer. I'm just afraid of the limited in-store stock.. I wonder if they're any other hidden Pokemon fans over here?
    Just depends where you live I guess.
    I remember when B/W were released I pre-ordered it(thank god), went to the Mall where Gamestop was at and I was shocked to see how many people arrived to get it.
    Luckily I got there early so about 10 people were in front of me still took forever anyways but there was long line of people when the store finally opened. When I left the store the line literally tripled in size I couldn't even see the end, I didn't know there were so many Pokemon fans in my location.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo

Quote Originally Posted by Zyon View Post
    Just depends where you live I guess.
    I remember when B/W were released I pre-ordered it(thank god), went to the Mall where Gamestop was at and I was shocked to see how many people arrived to get it.
    Luckily I got there early so about 10 people were in front of me still took forever anyways but there was long line of people when the store finally opened. When I left the store the line literally tripled in size I couldn't even see the end, I didn't know there were so many Pokemon fans in my location.
    I wish I had that kind of audience within my general location. Sadly enough, 'tis not the case. Since the 3DS' price is to be brought down such, perhaps I should renew mine when the time comes. It is around two years old now. Still working like a boss, but it's gotten some dinks, plus one horrid middle school girl at my school took it from my hands, I took it back two seconds later (honest to Arceus), and it came back to me with a huge freaking scratched spot on the touch screen. Goodness, that, along with the 'innocent face' she gave me...I was about to blow.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

True.. I kind of live in the Southern region so I doubt it would be sold out.. On another note, I think I read somewhere that 3DS XL doesn't come with a charger or something? x.x
    Trade Shop =)

2021 6809 5368

SS FC =]

Only in Japan and Europe. It comes with a charger in North America (and Australia and Korea) and can otherwise use the standard DSi/XL/3DS AC adapter.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

True.. I kind of live in the Southern region so I doubt it would be sold out.. On another note, I think I read somewhere that 3DS XL doesn't come with a charger or something? x.x
    Yea the 3DS XL's here in NA and even a few other regions don't come with the charging stand like the 3DS but it does come with the AC adapter.
    Not really that big of a deal IMO though.
    -Mewtwo

Yea the 3DS XL's here in NA and even a few other regions don't come with the charging stand like the 3DS but it does come with the AC adapter.
    Not really that big of a deal IMO though.
    Newer 3DS models don't come with the charging stand, the Fire Emblem one sure didn't and I'd be willing to bet that any potential future limited editions and 3DS's in smaller boxes like the Fire Emblem one won't either.

Hm I see. Then I won't have to worry about buying an AC adapter ahead of time then! Now I patiently wait for the next 7 days! Pretty excited!
    Trade Shop =)

2021 6809 5368

SS FC =]

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Newer 3DS models don't come with the charging stand, the Fire Emblem one sure didn't and I'd be willing to bet that any potential future limited editions and 3DS's in smaller boxes like the Fire Emblem one won't either.
    Hmm I had no idea in 2012 that they started making smaller boxes that removed the charging stand(cradle). I guess I just never noticed the smaller boxes lol. I got my 3DS when they first released and later on my sister got hers when the price was first cut $80 and she still got one.
    Strange how the stores websites still show the charging stand still comes inside the box. I believe you can probably still get a new 3DS with the cradle inside, however because the 3DS is now almost 3 years old(March 27th for NA) those original boxes are probably very rare and hard to come by(that is unless their completely sold out/removed from shelves entirely).
    It was good accessory that came with the 3DS much easier to just place it in the cradle instead of plugging/unplugging it. You can actually still buy it separately for about $15-20, but in all honesty though it's not really worth buying it's just a nice little charging stand.
    -Mewtwo

Hmm I had no idea in 2012 that they started making smaller boxes that removed the charging stand(cradle). I guess I just never noticed the smaller boxes lol. I got my 3DS when they first released and later on my sister got hers when the price was first cut $80 and she still got one.
    Strange how the stores websites still show the charging stand still comes inside the box. I believe you can probably still get a new 3DS with the cradle inside, however because the 3DS is now almost 3 years old(March 27th for NA) those original boxes are probably very rare and hard to come by(that is unless their completely sold out/removed from shelves entirely).
    It was good accessory that came with the 3DS much easier to just place it in the cradle instead of plugging/unplugging it. You can actually still buy it separately for about $15-20, but in all honesty though it's not really worth buying it's just a nice little charging stand.
    I no longer use the charging cradle. It can be nice when you have a permanent spot to rest it in, otherwise, it's pretty much just in the way. I was using an aftermarket charging cable which had a hookup for both my 3DS and my DS Lite (until it broke), and since I usually charged both units at the same time, I ended up storing the stand.
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & ???

Currently playing: Pokemon Y

Quote Originally Posted by Iris Mist View Post
    I no longer use the charging cradle. It can be nice when you have a permanent spot to rest it in, otherwise, it's pretty much just in the way. I was using an aftermarket charging cable which had a hookup for both my 3DS and my DS Lite (until it broke), and since I usually charged both units at the same time, I ended up storing the stand.
    I have a universal charging cable but it will not charge the 3DS directly, I have to plug it into the cradle to get it to work, but I do have a permanent spot for it so no big deal.

B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)
    *I can breed all Pokemon in X&Y now.*
    **Items are in BW & B2W2 only**

Pokemon Y friend code: 3797 - 7081 - 3314
    Pokemon X friend code: 4296 - 4159 - 0229

I have now enough money to buy a 3DS, but I'm not 18 yet and my father is ill, so I have to wait. Should I get a normal 3DS or a 3DS XL? It's because of the new Flipnote Studio on the 3DS.
    Last edited by SpeedDeoxys; 18th March 2013 at 7:55 PM. Reason: grammar
    Black 2 Friend Code: 4900-4933-8066

I can trade:

Lickie by PopPrincess_Lyra

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedDeoxys View Post
    I have now enough money to buy a 3DS, but I'm not 18 yet and my father is ill, so I have to wait. Should I get a normal 3DS or a 3DS XL? It's because of the new Flipnote Studio on the 3DS.
    I would say 3DS XL. IMO it just feels better and the larger screen is nice.
    ---------------

Anyway, I'm kinda hoping I can get a my hands on one of the pikachu 3DS XLs and sell my red one (maybe). I still have tax money so that's not a problem, I just hope they don't sell out...

3DS FC: 4313-0937-1327
    Friend Safari: Ghost; Lampent, Gourgheist, and IDk yet
    Nintendo Network: Raiin3

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedDeoxys View Post
    I recommend the 3DS. Nintendo made the same mistake with both XL versions. They put in a larger screen with out improving its aspect ratio, so everything is slightly blurry. If you can live with that than get a 3DS XL, i couldnt, so i bought the OG 3DS.

B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)

Quote Originally Posted by BJPalmer85 View Post
    I recommend the 3DS. Nintendo made the same mistake with both XL versions. They put in a larger screen with out improving its aspect ratio, so everything is slightly blurry. If you can live with that than get a 3DS XL, i couldnt, so i bought the OG 3DS.

B
    The aspect ratio is unchanged, it's identical to that of the smaller version. Everything looks blurry because the resolution is the same, which wasn't a mistake, it was the point. In order to increase the resolution they would have to have two things: A more powerful machine, and basically a second game on each cartridge that would support the larger resolution.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Anyone pick up Entrain Odyssey IV? I'm thinking of picking it up if I ever get the chance. If you have it, can you please tell me how is it?

Like Apples to Apples? Like Pokemon? The you'll love Apples to Apples: Pokestyle!

Pokemon Drama Island - Episode 4: Extreme Makeover: Pokemon Home Edition
    My popular story from FF.net has come to the forums! Joy!
    34 Pokemon come arrive to an island to take part in a reality show that could get them rich and famous! However, can they survive the harsh gauntlet of challenges up ahead?

Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    Anyone pick up Entrain Odyssey IV? I'm thinking of picking it up if I ever get the chance. If you have it, can you please tell me how is it?
    There's a demo you can try out

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    There's a demo you can try out
    Unfortunately, I lack a reliable wireless internet at my campus for my 3DS. It's a very wonky system which requires a verification certificate in order to use the wireless, which can't be downloaded onto handheld systems.

Like Apples to Apples? Like Pokemon? The you'll love Apples to Apples: Pokestyle!

Pokemon Drama Island - Episode 4: Extreme Makeover: Pokemon Home Edition
    My popular story from FF.net has come to the forums! Joy!
    34 Pokemon come arrive to an island to take part in a reality show that could get them rich and famous! However, can they survive the harsh gauntlet of challenges up ahead?

Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    Unfortunately, I lack a reliable wireless internet at my campus for my 3DS. It's a very wonky system which requires a verification certificate in order to use the wireless, which can't be downloaded onto handheld systems.
    do you have a smartphone capable of making a wifi hotspot? That would work

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    The aspect ratio is unchanged, it's identical to that of the smaller version. Everything looks blurry because the resolution is the same, which wasn't a mistake, it was the point. In order to increase the resolution they would have to have two things: A more powerful machine, and basically a second game on each cartridge that would support the larger resolution.
    Duh! aspect ratio is not what I meant. my bad, big brain fart!!

You are correct, the resolution is the problem. I do understand what would have been required to have a non blurry screen, but it is still a mistake in my opinion. why release something with a blurry screen? seems pointless to me, but I am not running things at Nintendo so to each their own.

B
    Last edited by BJPalmer85; 19th March 2013 at 12:16 PM.

Duh! aspect ratio is not what I meant. my bad, big brain fart!!

You are correct, the resolution is the problem. I do understand what would have been required to have a non blurry screen, but it is still a mistake in my opinion. why release something with a blurry screen? seems pointless to me, but I am not running things at Nintendo so to each their own.

B
    Because it's meant to enlarge it, for people who have bad eyesight.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Because it's meant to enlarge it, for people who have bad eyesight.
    That is a good way to look at instead of just a means to make more money. It doesn't seem so stupid that way.

B

That is a good way to look at instead of just a means to make more money. It doesn't seem so stupid that way.

B
    That was why Nintendo initially released the DSi XL, it was aimed towards older people who had trouble playing with the smaller screens. It's also why it came with a much larger, easier to hold stylus.

That was why Nintendo initially released the DSi XL, it was aimed towards older people who had trouble playing with the smaller screens. It's also why it came with a much larger, easier to hold stylus.
    I'm not a fan for the larger system versions, but I am happy for that reason that Nintendo makes them. At least they're trying to appeal to the other audiences as well.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

Page 445 of 509 FirstFirst ... 345395435441442443444445446447448449455495 ... LastLast