Page 456 of 526 FirstFirst ... 356406446452453454455456457458459460466506 ... LastLast
Results 11,376 to 11,400 of 13142

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

  1. #11376
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Complexity View Post
    I've never heard anyone calling Phantom Hourglass Wind Waker 2.
    It wasn't revealed as such.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  2. #11377
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Complexity View Post
    I've never heard anyone calling Phantom Hourglass Wind Waker 2.
    Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Twilight Princess referred to as Wind Waker 2 when it was first unveiled?


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

  3. #11378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Twilight Princess referred to as Wind Waker 2 when it was first unveiled?
    Only in the very, very earliest stages of development, when it was little more than whispers of the eventual next Zelda title. "Twilight Princess" was a sticking title as soon as the game was shown in any tangible form.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  4. #11379
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,080

    Default

    Is theargument of what to call it before the name is revealed necessary? Anybody else see the five minute long footage yet?
    Last edited by ParaChomp; 19th April 2013 at 3:10 AM.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  5. #11380
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Is theargument of what to call it before the name is revealed necessary? Anybody else see the five minute long footage yet?
    I would imagine anyone who cares would have seen it by this point, yes.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  6. #11381
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    It wasn't revealed as such.
    Neither was this. They just said it's set in the same world, ala Phantom Hourglass being set in the same world as WW.

  7. #11382
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Complexity View Post
    Neither was this. They just said it's set in the same world, ala Phantom Hourglass being set in the same world as WW.
    The Japanese direct revealed it as ALttP 2, so at this point that's the name we've got to work with.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  8. #11383
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Idols
    Posts
    1,059

    Default

    Wait, what 5 minute footage? Did I miss something?
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

  9. #11384
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    Wait, what 5 minute footage? Did I miss something?
    Here's 10 minutes of footage http://youtu.be/U4X-pg7w8KU

  10. #11385
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Complexity View Post
    Neither was this. They just said it's set in the same world, ala Phantom Hourglass being set in the same world as WW.
    But The Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass were set in different worlds, as evident in the ending of the latter game.
    Last edited by Poetry; 19th April 2013 at 7:09 AM.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

  11. #11386
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    But The Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass were set in different worlds, as evident in the ending of the latter
    Phantom Hourglass was the same world as wind waker, with same characters and everything.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    The Japanese direct revealed it as ALttP 2, so at this point that's the name we've got to work with.
    Oh, but I'm sure we'll be calling it by its english name soon enough.

  12. #11387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    But The Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass were set in different worlds, as evident in the ending of the latter game.
    I am unsure as to where you got this impression. The latter was a direct sequel to the former. Spirit Tracks was in turn a sequel to Phantom Hourglass.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  13. #11388
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Complexity View Post
    Neither was this. They just said it's set in the same world, ala Phantom Hourglass being set in the same world as WW.
    Logic would surely dictate that if it's set in the same word as A Link to the Past then it's going to be a sequel, otherwise what's the point of setting it in the same world?

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    I am unsure as to where you got this impression.
    He's referring to Phantom Hourglass ending where it was revealed that the event may have been a dream, though that argument is moot since the beginning of game is pretty much just recapping the event that happened in Wind Waker.
    Last edited by blaze boy; 19th April 2013 at 1:39 PM.


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

  14. #11389
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    But The Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass were set in different worlds, as evident in the ending of the latter game.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    I am unsure as to where you got this impression. The latter was a direct sequel to the former. Spirit Tracks was in turn a sequel to Phantom Hourglass.
    All three games take place in the same world, Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks are just far away from the 'Great Sea' of Wind Waker. I think it's explained briefly in Historia.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  15. #11390
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,107

    Default

    I appear to have misunderstood. I understand that PH takes place directly after WW, therefore in the same "world", but I was under the impression that the discussion was referring to "overworlds", here referring to the fact that PH takes place in a different location, or "overworld", than WW, yet is still in the same "world" as WW.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

  16. #11391
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    I appear to have misunderstood. I understand that PH takes place directly after WW, therefore in the same "world", but I was under the impression that the discussion was referring to "overworlds", here referring to the fact that PH takes place in a different location, or "overworld", than WW, yet is still in the same "world" as WW.
    The new ALttP is the same as far as I understand it, everything is entirely original, but it's the same world.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  17. #11392
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Logic would surely dictate that if it's set in the same word as A Link to the Past then it's going to be a sequel, otherwise what's the point of setting it in the same world?
    Obviously it's going to be a sequel. All I'm saying is it is not going to be called A Link to the Past 2, nor is anyone going to call it that.

  18. #11393
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Complexity View Post
    Obviously it's going to be a sequel. All I'm saying is it is not going to be called A Link to the Past 2, nor is anyone going to call it that.
    We'll see and that's the alias for now. Is this really worth discussing, in the 3DS thread no less?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  19. #11394
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Is this really worth discussing, in the 3DS thread no less?
    Yes .

  20. #11395
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Complexity View Post
    Yes.
    Correction; no, it isn't, since there's a thread specifically for discussing Zelda.

    Change of topic - What games are currently on your to-get list?

    Mine is:

    DKCR3D (only a little over a month to go!)
    Pokemon X Version
    Zelda 3DS (that's what I'm calling it 'til otherwise notified)
    Bravely Default
    Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
    Ghost Watch

    That last one probably won't come out 'til next year though.

    ~The Head Honchkrow~
    Last edited by The Head Honchkrow; 19th April 2013 at 8:23 PM.

    A journey most XtraordinarY is about to begin...

  21. #11396
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,080

    Default

        Spoiler:- gets other list out:
    That said, I have to go to my local EB Games to reserve all of this...
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  22. #11397
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Idols
    Posts
    1,059

    Default

    Mine:
    Dream team
    Zelda 3ds
    pokemon X or Y

    I'm poor ;_;
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

  23. #11398
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Oxford, England
    Posts
    3,098

    Default

    What's this about a 3DS LL on serebii's news page? Is it a new console like the lite or dsi or is it a typo?
    Will-Powered Spriter

  24. #11399
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Idols
    Posts
    1,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Will-powered Spriter View Post
    What's this about a 3DS LL on serebii's news page? Is it a new console like the lite or dsi or is it a typo?
    Not a typo, its the Japanese title for the XL.
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

  25. #11400
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Will-powered Spriter View Post
    What's this about a 3DS LL on serebii's news page? Is it a new console like the lite or dsi or is it a typo?
    3DS LL is the name for the 3DS XL in Japan.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Page 456 of 526 FirstFirst ... 356406446452453454455456457458459460466506 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •