Page 104 of 509 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 12725

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by EnvyTheirGreed View Post
    EDIT: Isn't it also about the size of DSXL?
    No. But it's a little close. The top screen is wider than the DSI XL (820 Pixels for 3DS games in 3D and a little bit shorter than that for DS games, and 240 Pixes if you hold Start and select, like a DSI, DSI XL, DS lite, and DS)

I can bet that next week we will hear some progess on the eshop, I can't wait much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Vīnoga View Post
    I'm a bit dissapointed that 3DS runs DS games at blurrier resolution, and even if you go to the shrink mode the screen is way smaller than DS'. ><
    Any answer why they did that?
    Because it's a higher resolution screen. It has a higher PPI ratio, so the picture will be smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by EnvyTheirGreed View Post
    EDIT: Isn't it also about the size of DSXL?
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkmbl View Post
    No. But it's a little close. The top screen is wider than the DSI XL (820 Pixels for 3DS games in 3D and a little bit shorter than that for DS games, and 240 Pixes if you hold Start and select, like a DSI, DSI XL, DS lite, and DS)
    It's nowhere near the size of a DSi XL O_o it's closer to the size of a Lite/DSi.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    If change bothers you that much, stick to your Gameboy Color. Oh wait, games shouldn't be in color. Gameboy, then.
    Love this quote.

Anyways, I finally took the plunge and got my first 3DS game today (Asphalt). I've been playing Spirit Tracks and White since 3DS launch day, and I bought this game because I purchased Urban GT for the original DS on launch. I also was getting tired of waiting for DoA...

Do the Robot!

The eShop is pushed back to the evening of June 6 Pacific Time for the US and June 7 for Japan, Australia & Europe.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/201...rmware_update/

http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/det...i0e53E0XtWMk4s

The bottom site talks about in being Pacific Time and although I don't know where GoNintendo got the Europe & Australian releases.

I wonder why they have to push this back. The evening of June 6 Pacific Time would probably mean June 7 for me, depending on what time it exactly is Pacific Time on that day.
        Spoiler:- My Pokémon Teams & Video Game Identities:

Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

That'd be the day of Nintendo's E3 conference. Either they have something else in store for the eShop that they're going to announce, or they'd rather the release not be in May only to be immediately overshadowed by E3. Hopefully, it's both.

HYPE MODE, ACTIVATE! DISAPPOINTMENT MODE, STANDBY!
    Last edited by Electivirus; 12th May 2011 at 1:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Electivirus View Post
    That'd be the day of Nintendo's E3 conference. Either they have something else in store for the eShop that they're going to announce, or they'd rather the release not be in May only to be immediately overshadowed by E3. Hopefully, it's both.

HYPE MODE, ACTIVATE! DISAPPOINTMENT MODE, STANDBY!
    I'm pretty sure E3 isn't going to overshadow an online shop... At all.

I'm pretty confident this has nothing to do with Nintendo thinking something else is going to steal spotlight away from it. The eShop is arguably one of the most important features of the 3DS, and for many what they're most looking forward to.

It's not a game that can be forgotten about and miss out on sales, it's something that's going to always be there. They're either, like you said, planning something else for it that they may announce at E3, or it's simply not ready.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    The eShop is pushed back to the evening of June 6 Pacific Time for the US and June 7 for Japan, Australia & Europe.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/201...rmware_update/

http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/det...i0e53E0XtWMk4s

The bottom site talks about in being Pacific Time and although I don't know where GoNintendo got the Europe & Australian releases.

I wonder why they have to push this back. The evening of June 6 Pacific Time would probably mean June 7 for me, depending on what time it exactly is Pacific Time on that day.
    Such a shame it's pushed back . At least there's an exact date for it. Oh well.

I was hoping for it to come out this week... At least we only have 3 weeks left before it comes out. I just hope it does not get delayed again, as I want to get the internet browser as I am sick of that message.

Do you guys think the internet will allow us to watch Youtube and such (unlike the DSi). And did they ever mention if GBA games might go on the 3DS eShop?
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    Do you guys think the internet will allow us to watch Youtube and such (unlike the DSi).
    No it wont, doesn't have Flash.

And did they ever mention if GBA games might go on the 3DS eShop?
    They haven't said anything about it.

Ung without flash, it's kinda a useless internet for me, I'd jut use my laptop instead, especially if it's not free.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    Ung without flash, it's kinda a useless internet for me, I'd jut use my laptop instead, especially if it's not free.
    Well the browser is free. I still don't know why you'd use anything other than your laptop if you've got one. Nothing is going to be as fast as it.

I bet it is June 6th to match E3 for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    They haven't said anything about it.
    Not true. They said the Virtual Console was for both GBA and GB games, from the first I remember of it.
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by King World View Post
    Not true. They said the Virtual Console was for both GBA and GB games, from the first I remember of it.
    Did they? Sure your not thinking wrong?

No, they never said anything about GBA games.

No, you're misremembering. They specifically said no GBA titles, at least for now.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    Did they? Sure your not thinking wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    No, they never said anything about GBA games.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    No, you're misremembering. They specifically said no GBA titles, at least for now.
    Now that I've looked around on Google, BCVM22, you were closest. They said there might be some, but not this early.
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

I hate it. It hurts my eyes. It is so expensive.

Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Quote Originally Posted by Inchtall View Post
    I hate it.
    We care.

It hurts my eyes.
    Your problem. Turn off the 3D.

It is so expensive.
    Don't buy one, then. The world turns.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I hate it. It hurts my eyes. It is so expensive.
    Fine. Why should we care? One person not getting it doesn't really matter.
    Douglas Adams

Fine. Why should we care? One person not getting it doesn't really matter.
    Hey, sheep, BCVM already covered it. No need to echo statements and hope for acceptance.

Quote Originally Posted by fhqwhgads View Post
    Hey, sheep, BCVM already covered it. No need to echo statements and hope for acceptance.
    I was typing it at the same time. How would I have known?
    Douglas Adams

Wow... I'm seeing a lot of kids at the office of the psychiatrist I'm going to playing with their 3DSes... I'm kind of jealous... I'm like "You lucky little rich kids..." to myself because gone are the days when I can sweet talk mom to getting one for Christmas...

I did watch one of the kids for a little while. It looks interesting. Hopefully the price goes down soon so I can buy it. But I have adult priorities and I'm satisfied with my DS.
    Betelgueseshipper for life Yo!

Okay, I'm about to go really lazy on y'all.
    I'm going to be in France for a little while this summer and provided I don't see anything that I really want in terms of souvenirs I'd like to buy one of these gizmos over there. Is it region locked or no?

Page 104 of 509 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast