Page 11 of 526 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kabutopzilla View Post
    Originally, I would not be getting this. Why? Because I had a DS Phat I got in 2005 which I maintained in factory-fresh condition (took extra care of it) until about yesterday, when my dogs got excited and yanked the charger, it fell off the table, hit the ground directly flat and not on a corner, the system was closed, and the top screen literally snapped off. I don't know how that works. Maybe Nintendo's God, saying "get rid of your still-extremely good condition DS Phat and buy a DSi so we can slap you in the face with a new handheld in a few months".

I'm suffering from SoulSilver withdraw. ;_;

But I'm going to get a 3DS when my DSi breaks, and knowing how good I am at keeping things entirely intact, that could mean at least four years.
    So by that logic you'll be complaining about Nintendo ****ing you over with another new console when you're ready to get the 3DS...

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

when my dogs got excited and yanked the charger, it fell off the table, hit the ground directly flat and not on a corner, the system was closed, and the top screen literally snapped off. I don't know how that works.
    I would check your dogs' offshore bank accounts for any recent transfers originating in Japan.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzBlast View Post
    It must have been an act of God.

I mean, this is a Nintendo handheld we're talking about here.

I've chucked my DS Lite down the freaking stairs and it works perfectly fine.
    Yeah. Turns out, the only part of the DS Phat that isn't made of Nintendium is the hinges, which are exactly what broke.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    So by that logic you'll be complaining about Nintendo ****ing you over with another new console when you're ready to get the 3DS...
    Nah, I won't be complaining. I don't keep up with the latest handheld stuff these days.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    I would check your dogs' offshore bank accounts for any recent transfers originating in Japan.
    Maybe I should...

...even though I don't import.
    Fetilĺse sge jütěkxěyalä çät kijütěkxěyaläyé.
    I've arrived at the conclusion that jumping to conclusions is highly inconclusive.
    deviantART | last.fm | Pogeymanz
    5 years at SPPf.
    I'm Stewart Pidd, the King of Sofas!

...even though I don't import.
    The joke was that Nintendo surreptiously paid your dogs to axe your DS, hence money transfers from Japan.

-----
    Words to|live by

BCVM...

Are you saying that Kabutopzilla's dog was a Nintendog?

*beat*
    MK Wii FC: 4125-3565-2043

98% of teenagers cannot perform basic math. If you're one of the 7% who can, copy and paste this into your sig.

I hack pokemon with my AR. Don't like it? Tough.

FFIII DS sucks, and MMX6 sucks even more, but MMX7 is just crap.

It is said that when it roars, a volcano erupts somewhere around the globe.

ENTEI embodies the passion of magma. This POKEMON is thought to have been born in the eruption of a volcano. It blasts fire that consumes all it touches.

ENTEI learns Roar at level 15.
    >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon-dana
    But seriously, I agree with BitchBlast's point from a few posts back.

Hey. HEY. I make the jokes around here, son.

>:|

-----
    Words to|live by

Who are you and what have you done to BCVM22?
    MK Wii FC: 4125-3565-2043

98% of teenagers cannot perform basic math. If you're one of the 7% who can, copy and paste this into your sig.

I hack pokemon with my AR. Don't like it? Tough.

FFIII DS sucks, and MMX6 sucks even more, but MMX7 is just crap.

It is said that when it roars, a volcano erupts somewhere around the globe.

ENTEI embodies the passion of magma. This POKEMON is thought to have been born in the eruption of a volcano. It blasts fire that consumes all it touches.

ENTEI learns Roar at level 15.
    >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon-dana
    But seriously, I agree with BitchBlast's point from a few posts back.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzBlast View Post
    Who are you and what have you done to BCVM22?
    He's got a sense of humour. It's just usually lost under all his sarcasm. xD

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by King World View Post
    They've been getting up there now. The DSi was $169.99 plus 10% tax(Where I live.) so about $188.00. So I will assume that it may be around $200.00 plus tax so about $220.00. But I'll do about $250.00 to be safe.
    Or you could be a sane person and buy it online with free shipping and zero tax. But I'll go a step further and wait till a price cut.

Twin: PhQnix Bishie: Kurapica Cartoon Bishie: Freakazoid Pair: Leona

Samba Dinos don't need context.
    Xanga |Last FM

Quote Originally Posted by Skiks View Post
    Or you could be a sane person and buy it online with free shipping and zero tax. But I'll go a step further and wait till a price cut.
    That largely depends on where you live. Business can't offer free shipping or no tax for everyone.

That largely depends on where you live. Business can't offer free shipping or no tax for everyone.
    I'm pretty sure amazon covers most of the USA. I'm sure the guy I quoted lived in an area that could do so.

Xanga |Last FM

Ah but now even Amazon has a sales tax for me as of last month. Besides I probably will get it at Gamestop where they will probably have a deal if you trade in your DSi or XL. But there is still the sales tax for the state where I live in which while is not 10&#37; it is getting there. Two weeks ago they raised it up from 8.6% to 8.9%. Sales tax in my state is the same everywhere in the state. I buy something the same price at a Best Buy in one part of the state and in another part of the same state it is still the same price. The thing is thaat the sales tax is the same everywhere in my state.

Then there is the problem if it will be able to fit in my pocket. I would rather have it like the DS Lite more than the old DS.

But I can wait until the E3 conference.
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    I don't care as long as Game Freak stays the hell away from 3D in the main Pokemon games. It's bad enough that Pokemon is already responsible for giving kids seizures, but now an entire handheld is going that way. You better get your lawyer ready...
    Oh yeah, the seizure incident does sound like a reason to keep pokemon out of 3D.
    That's good news for me because I pray that I'm not going to have to get a whole new console- handheld or otherwise- in order to play the 5th gen pokemon games when they come out. I have over $100 saved up and don't have much to spend any on, so I'm certain I'll be able to save up enough to buy one of these if it turns out I need to, but having enough to get the system and the game(s) is another story.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

The 3D-effects in a Pokemon game could be used during the attacks and weather, other than that I don't think it would fit well.

I am not letting go of my DS Phat until the top screen completely falls off. Both hinges are disconnected now and the top screen won't even stay up supported. Nonetheless, Nintendo's not getting any of my money until I buy the completely new console from them.

That would be terrible if the 3DS was 200 dollars - then it would be as much as a Wii!

Quote Originally Posted by Albus Dumbledore
    Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it.

My deviantART
    | Suggested Alternative News: The Juice Rap News and The Corbett Report

Quote Originally Posted by King World View Post
    But there is still the sales tax for the state where I live in which while is not 10% it is getting there. Two weeks ago they raised it up from 8.6% to 8.9%.
    When you have tax of 13% come talk to me.

Quote Originally Posted by celebitrainer View Post
    Oh yeah, the seizure incident does sound like a reason to keep pokemon out of 3D.
    That's good news for me because I pray that I'm not going to have to get a whole new console- handheld or otherwise- in order to play the 5th gen pokemon games when they come out. I have over $100 saved up and don't have much to spend any on, so I'm certain I'll be able to save up enough to buy one of these if it turns out I need to, but having enough to get the system and the game(s) is another story.
    Surely in a year you can scrape together another hundred...?

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyC View Post
    That would be terrible if the 3DS was 200 dollars - then it would be as much as a Wii!
    but hopefully would ahve good games!

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyC View Post
    I guarantee it will be as much.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post
    I guarantee it will be as much.
    Uh huh. Based on...?

Honestly, people.

-----
    Words to|live by

Surely in a year you can scrape together another hundred...?

Good point, but the problem with it is figuring out how much money I can get away with spending while still having enough by the time of the release. I'm guessing that when the new games come out (assuming they once again have two games at first) it will cost about $100 for both games and the strategy guide. Given that fact it seems I will need about $300 if I want to ensure that I'm in the clear and have enough for the games and the system.
    Either way, I would certainly not be dissapointed if they decided to have the games on the normal DS (maybe they could have 2 versions of each game, 1 for the DS & 1 for the 3DS).
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

If it's different : /

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mudkip View Post
    If it's different : /
    Okay. The PR itself said the 3DS was a successor to the DS series which means it will be a new platform.

One question:Is nintendo Dsi XL already out in USA?
    If you don`t know my name,you can call me skorp!
    My Diamond fc:1247 0819 1720
    My Platinum fc:0044 9888 2312
    In need for a TM51 Roost

Quote Originally Posted by skorp View Post
    One question:Is nintendo Dsi XL already out in USA?
    Yes, it was released two days ago, on March 28.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

Quote Originally Posted by celebitrainer View Post
    Good point, but the problem with it is figuring out how much money I can get away with spending while still having enough by the time of the release. I'm guessing that when the new games come out (assuming they once again have two games at first) it will cost about $100 for both games and the strategy guide. Given that fact it seems I will need about $300 if I want to ensure that I'm in the clear and have enough for the games and the system.
    Or you could wait till you actually get a game you do want and only buy then. And why do you need a guide book you have gamefaqs.

Xanga |Last FM

thanks.So,i guess 3DS will have 93% bigger screens too.Cool.
    If you don`t know my name,you can call me skorp!
    My Diamond fc:1247 0819 1720
    My Platinum fc:0044 9888 2312
    In need for a TM51 Roost

Page 11 of 526 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast