Page 12 of 526 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by skorp View Post
    thanks.So,i guess 3DS will have 93% bigger screens too.Cool.
    Wanna tell me how you arrived at that conclusion? Because I see no connection here.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

That's like seeing the gameboy micro and saying, "oh, I guess the new DS will be the same size, because it would be ridiculous to think they would change anything." Your statement has no grounds and is ridiculous. Good going.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    When you have tax of 13% come talk to me.
    Hi. I'm affected by that and you don't see me complaining :/ (I used to... but then I realized that it really doesn't matter)

C_L

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Quote Originally Posted by Skiks View Post
    Or you could wait till you actually get a game you do want and only buy then. And why do you need a guide book you have gamefaqs.
    You'd be surprised how much of a good read guidebooks can be.

Especially in the bathroom.

Being serious here.
    MK Wii FC: 4125-3565-2043

98% of teenagers cannot perform basic math. If you're one of the 7% who can, copy and paste this into your sig.

I hack pokemon with my AR. Don't like it? Tough.

FFIII DS sucks, and MMX6 sucks even more, but MMX7 is just crap.

It is said that when it roars, a volcano erupts somewhere around the globe.

ENTEI embodies the passion of magma. This POKEMON is thought to have been born in the eruption of a volcano. It blasts fire that consumes all it touches.

ENTEI learns Roar at level 15.
    >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon-dana
    But seriously, I agree with BitchBlast's point from a few posts back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    Hi. I'm affected by that and you don't see me complaining :/ (I used to... but then I realized that it really doesn't matter)

C_L
    I was referring to the fact that he was complaining about 8.9% tax. Tax means nothing to me, it's always been there, and in fact it used to be higher.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

If that happened, the 3DS wouldn't be able to fit in your hands. It would probably be quite heavy, too.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzBlast View Post

Being serious here.
    This is the truth as truth should be.

Aww and here I was planning on getting a DSi XL
    I'm back and with a 3DS friend code if you want to add me: 5026 4445 5102

Being serious here.
    Back in my day no one had any guidebooks. Till this day I usually go through a game without a guide first.

Twin: PhQnix Bishie: Kurapica Cartoon Bishie: Freakazoid Pair: Leona

Samba Dinos don't need context.
    Xanga |Last FM

Sorry if this has been mentioned but...
    I was think if the 3D effect has something to do with the screens then surely DS games would be played in 3D as well

Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity
    To seize everything you ever wanted-
    One moment
    Would you capture it or just let it slip?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitar trainer View Post
    Sorry if this has been mentioned but...
    I was think if the 3D effect has something to do with the screens then surely DS games would be played in 3D as well
    No because the games have to be designed to use that feature.

Being serious here.
    You'd be surprised how bad some guidebooks can be. The HGSS one didn't even cover past the ELITE FOUR. That's barely halfway through the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    The HGSS one didn't even cover past the ELITE FOUR. That's barely halfway through the game.
    Sure it did. It's just that they elected to cut the guide in half and sell the Kanto half as a separate guidebook of equal price that won't be published for another month. Terrific strategy, right?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

You'd be surprised how bad some guidebooks can be. The HGSS one didn't even cover past the ELITE FOUR. That's barely halfway through the game.
    They've done that since Firered/Leafgreen. Guidebooks suck. Hence why I no longer buy any of them.
    Events:
    On a 3rd Gen Game (Temporarily Unavailable for Trade-Missing DS with a GBA Slot): Bonus Disk Jirachi, 10 ANIV Celebi, 10 ANIV Typhlosion, 10 ANIV Suicune, 10 ANIV Espeon, MYSTRY Mew, XD Lugia
    On a 4th Gen Game: ALAMOS Darkrai, Japanese Member Card Darkrai, Zoroark Movie Scizor, 11219 Mew, NZ Jirachi, Japanese Regigagas to activate the event
    On a 5th Gen Game: GAMESTOP Suicune, May 2012 Darkrai x 3, June 2012 Victini x 2, Spring 2012 Reshiram, Spring 2012 Zekrom, 2012 Arceus, Liberty Island Victini

The Platinum Guide book is good and also very useful
    I use mine alot

Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity
    To seize everything you ever wanted-
    One moment
    Would you capture it or just let it slip?

When it comes to guidebooks, you can be assured the Prima ones will in general suck.

Still, the internet makes them useless for anything but light reading.

Which they, especially if they're the official ones, can do very well by providing extra background information.

I mean, just look at the Official Wind Waker guide; 3-5 pages detailing every character, enemy, and boss in the game.

98% of teenagers cannot perform basic math. If you're one of the 7% who can, copy and paste this into your sig.

ENTEI embodies the passion of magma. This POKEMON is thought to have been born in the eruption of a volcano. It blasts fire that consumes all it touches.

>_<

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Sure it did. It's just that they elected to cut the guide in half and sell the Kanto half as a separate guidebook of equal price that won't be published for another month. Terrific strategy, right?
    Question: Do you understand why consumers might be upset by this?

Forget about business sense, monetary gain or corporate policy. Can you understand why some people might be surprised at buying a guide for a game, only to find out half the guide is missing any they need to buy another if they wish to have a guide for the rest of the game?
    SAPH

Question: Do you understand sarcasm?

Although, in the interest of fairness, the guide is supertitled, clearly, "The Official Pokemon Johto Guide & Johto Pokedex", which would at least indicate to a potential buyer that it only covers Johto.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 3rd April 2010 at 1:07 AM.

-----
    Words to|live by

Although, in the interest of fairness, the guide is supertitled, clearly, "The Official Pokemon Johto Guide & Johto Pokedex", which would at least indicate to a potential buyer that it only covers Johto.
    Although, in the interest of fairness, the guide is titled, clearly, "Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver", which would at indicate to most buyers that it covers those games. Which generally means the whole game.

Besides, we're already paying for one game twice, why the hell should we have to do the same for the strategy guide?

Although, in the interest of fairness, the guide is titled, clearly, "Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver", which would at indicate to most buyers that it covers those games. Which generally means the whole game.
    Just saying. The guide pretty clearly indicates that it doesn't cover the whole game, meaning it's sort of your fault if you buy it expecting the full rundown. The merits of the practice or lack thereof are a completely different matter.

-----
    Words to|live by

The guidebook gives really bad detail on even the Johto part anyway. It only gives to locations for each Pokemon. Regardless of whether or not they can be found in more than one place, among other things.

Nintendo should start publishing their guides again, they weren't too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    The guidebook gives really bad detail on even the Johto part anyway. It only gives to locations for each Pokemon. Regardless of whether or not they can be found in more than one place, among other things.

Nintendo should start publishing their guides again, they weren't too bad.
    They were leagues better than the ones being published by Prima. The only things they really didn't go into detail on (in Pokemon games, anyway) were things unobtainable in the single player experience, and things you aren't really supposed to know about anyways, like IVs and EVs.

I don't see a lot of sarcasm, other than 'terrific strategy'. It still looks like your typical devil's advocate stance.

To the dedicated fan, maybe, but to the actual target audience (young children) and their parents, a lot less obvious.
    SAPH

Quote Originally Posted by Saph View Post
    I don't see a lot of sarcasm, other than 'terrific strategy'.
    What, seriously?

It's just that they elected to cut the guide in half and sell the Kanto half as a separate guidebook of equal price that won't be published for another month.
    This reads to you as someone championing this decision, particularly when qualified with "terrific strategy, right?" at the end?

It still looks like your typical devil's advocate stance.
    When do I play devil's advocate? I advocate common sense. Devil's advocate would have me arguing something for nothing more than the heck of it.

To the dedicated fan, maybe, but to the actual target audience (young children) and their parents, a lot less obvious.
    Young children and their parents can't read perfectly visible lettering at the very top of the cover?

Look, don't think I'm arguing something I'm not; you can entirely decide for yourself what you think of what they decided to do with the HG/SS guide(s). I'm simply pointing out an entirely separate matter, that regardless of what you may think of that course of action - and again, I don't really care what that may be, since everyone's going to basically have the same response - that in no way are they misleading anyone capable of reading the cover as to what the guide contains.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 3rd April 2010 at 11:57 AM.

-----
    Words to|live by

What.

Basic reading ability has been necessary since the very beginning.

Also...

Notice how there are only Johto gym leaders there?

And the text at the top?

>_<

Basic reading ability has been necessary since the very beginning.
    It also says there's an entertaining story. What's your point?

Also, *Looks at thread title* we're in the 3DS thread, not the debate over whether companies use misleading claims to get you to buy things thread. Maybe we should get back on topic before a mod shows up...

Page 12 of 526 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast