Page 13 of 524 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    It also says there's an entertaining story. What's your point?

Also, *Looks at thread title* we're in the 3DS thread, not the debate over whether companies use misleading claims to get you to buy things thread. Maybe we should get back on topic before a mod shows up...
    Yeah.
    New topic: What buttons do you want the 3DS to have?

I want an an analog stick to replace the dpad, and possibly a second analog stick above the abxy buttons. A dpad could fit below the first analog stick, I suppose.
    Last edited by 42; 4th April 2010 at 5:30 AM.
    Events:
    On a 3rd Gen Game (Temporarily Unavailable for Trade-Missing DS with a GBA Slot): Bonus Disk Jirachi, 10 ANIV Celebi, 10 ANIV Typhlosion, 10 ANIV Suicune, 10 ANIV Espeon, MYSTRY Mew, XD Lugia
    On a 4th Gen Game: ALAMOS Darkrai, Japanese Member Card Darkrai, Zoroark Movie Scizor, 11219 Mew, NZ Jirachi, Japanese Regigagas to activate the event
    On a 5th Gen Game: GAMESTOP Suicune, May 2012 Darkrai x 3, June 2012 Victini x 2, Spring 2012 Reshiram, Spring 2012 Zekrom, 2012 Arceus, Liberty Island Victini

^ You have a point there.

Anyway, might as well get this out of the way.

Anyone think this might also be a flop like the Virtual Boy?
    MK Wii FC: 4125-3565-2043

98% of teenagers cannot perform basic math. If you're one of the 7% who can, copy and paste this into your sig.

I hack pokemon with my AR. Don't like it? Tough.

FFIII DS sucks, and MMX6 sucks even more, but MMX7 is just crap.

It is said that when it roars, a volcano erupts somewhere around the globe.

ENTEI embodies the passion of magma. This POKEMON is thought to have been born in the eruption of a volcano. It blasts fire that consumes all it touches.

ENTEI learns Roar at level 15.
    >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon-dana
    But seriously, I agree with BitchBlast's point from a few posts back.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzBlast View Post
    Anyone think this might also be a flop like the Virtual Boy?
    It has nothing in common with the Virtual Boy aside from the Nintendo logo stamped on it and the promise of "3D" gameplay, and on the count of the latter, technology has had 15 years to advance.

So... I dunno, you tell me: does that seem likely to you?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Not much, especially considering that this isn't being rushed out before it's ready, and is clearly going to be billed as the sequel to the DS and not something to go along with it.

Yeah we're in a time where this is actually possible. As opposed to the Virtual Boy's time where you had to sacrifice your eyes for '3D' games.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Yeah.
    New topic: What buttons do you want the dsi xl to have?

Just the usual.

Saw this on another forum I visit -

Sharp had a press release on Friday that describes a 3D touchscreen LCD that can switch from 3D to 2D. Sounds exactly like what Nintendo would need for the 3DS.

Also check out the link at the bottom of that page and you can see the display in action (which also supports turning on its side, just like a DS):

Quote Originally Posted by Zerokku View Post
    Sharp had a press release on Friday that describes a 3D touchscreen LCD that can switch from 3D to 2D. Sounds exactly like what Nintendo would need for the 3DS.
    Basically. An autostereoscopic display - as seen in the photos you posted - is the most practical way to do "3D" without glasses, and the rumors do say that Sharp is providing the LCD screens for this system, so it's certainly very plausible that this is the technology Nintendo intends to use for the system.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 5th April 2010 at 9:05 AM.

-----
    Words to|live by

It definitely makes the most sense. Easiest way to accomplish both 3D and 2D and I sure as hell hope some developers still make 2D games.
    Last edited by Hydrohs; 5th April 2010 at 3:43 PM.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

http://kotaku.com/5510693/is-this-th...thing/gallery/

Possible test model shown on this blog. Looks very similar to the Sharp 3D touchscreen revealed a few days ago.

Edit: On closer inspection the pictures do seem to have been photoshopped, although I personally do like the design concept. Unlikely as it is for a leak like this to occur, I guess it is possible though, but it is always better to wait for official confirmation for these sort of things.
    Last edited by slowkingsley; 7th April 2010 at 8:08 AM.

Protect the King

And pre-emptively, if anyone posts "wow, the new system looks awesome! Is that real?!?!", I may have to find a way to go upside your head using the Internet. To reiterate, that's a "possible test model", meaning its origins and authenticity are dubious at best.

Now, with that said, it's a nice concept. Very interesting.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 7th April 2010 at 5:45 AM.

-----
    Words to|live by

Ignoring the high chance of that being fake (where did this guy get one, I doubt he would be allowed to show it off like this, the slots seem a bit too small for either SD or game card, that control "stick" seems even less useful then the PSP nub, the control pad looks horrible to use, in fact that whole control area seems a bit cramped) one has to admit that's a very nice looking concept.

Also it's a small thing, but I would hope that they don't get rid of the flip-top design the DS has. I really liked that, made me feel like my screen was safer.

Definitely a Photoshop.

Look at picture 3's upper right corner.

Yeah, books don't work like that. And it's not a rip; rips on those things are pretty distinctive.
    MK Wii FC: 4125-3565-2043

98% of teenagers cannot perform basic math. If you're one of the 7% who can, copy and paste this into your sig.

I hack pokemon with my AR. Don't like it? Tough.

FFIII DS sucks, and MMX6 sucks even more, but MMX7 is just crap.

It is said that when it roars, a volcano erupts somewhere around the globe.

ENTEI embodies the passion of magma. This POKEMON is thought to have been born in the eruption of a volcano. It blasts fire that consumes all it touches.

ENTEI learns Roar at level 15.
    >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon-dana
    But seriously, I agree with BitchBlast's point from a few posts back.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzBlast View Post
    Definitely a Photoshop.
    I don't think anyone was under the impression that the thing was real, physically or conceptually. You can tell just by looking at some of the photos of the unit itself, particularly the control surfaces, that are just a bit too perfect.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 7th April 2010 at 8:42 AM.

-----
    Words to|live by

TBH, I kind of like it. It looks alright, though I do agree with being slightly dissapointed that they may be getting rid of the flip top. Sure, it means no more broken hinges, but it also means much more scratched screens.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    they may be getting rid of the flip top
    Even with "may", you're giving this mockup far, far too much credit. It's about as real as the Earth is flat. There is nothing yet to give any indication as to what direction they elected to take with the design.

-----
    Words to|live by

Im still a bit confused on the 3DS, is it a 3d format, where for example a pokemon would do a flamethrower and it would appear to be coming into our faces with some sort of 3D glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by kemal07 View Post
    Im still a bit confused on the 3DS, is it a 3d format, where for example a pokemon would do a flamethrower and it would appear to be coming into our faces with some sort of 3D glasses.
    Yes except its without the glasses.
    BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Even with "may", you're giving this mockup far, far too much credit. It's about as real as the Earth is flat. There is nothing yet to give any indication as to what direction they elected to take with the design.
    The Earth is flat!? What!?

That mockup there is also quite big when compared to Nintendo's other handhelds, barring the DSi XL of course. But that's a special case.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    Yes except its without the glasses.
    And it doesn't come out of the screen.

It technically should have the sense that its popping out, seeing how that's exactly what "3D" is.
    BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    It technically should have the sense that its popping out, seeing how that's exactly what "3D" is.
    Nope. That's stereoscopic 3D and requires glass. Autostereoscopic does not require glasses and adds depth to the screen. Everything is in the screen, it just appears farther or closer to you, and it's orientation changes based on the way you look at it.

This: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWAg1s7xfz0

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Nope. That's stereoscopic 3D and requires glass. Autostereoscopic does not require glasses and adds depth to the screen. Everything is in the screen, it just appears farther or closer to you, and it's orientation changes based on the way you look at it.

Oh wow, that looks really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post

My mind was just blown.

Quoting my opinion's from another site;

I've said this at multiple places so I really feel like a record player; now then the DS is probably my favorite handheld console so I don't really mind a lack of gameplay innovation since this sounds better than the announcement about containing motion sensors + It matters to me more if the titles are innovative. I just really hope the 3D isn't overused a lot or when it's used it's actually used to improve gameplay, or better yet, optional.

For the rest it's neat to see at least an analog stick and rumored gamecube like graphics from a week back; Opens up the door to a good deal of potential

So on one hand we don't have anything particularly to shun this out yet based on the news we've gotten about it, and some of the news, or at least the rumored stuff sounds at least decent.

on the other hand considering how the phat played compared to the DSlite I'm heavily afraid that they'll make a partly half-assed controller scheme or find something to mess up upon and then make a really good one 2 years later with improvements that will force me to buy the same system twice. I hated having to sell my DS as soon as possible for a Lite.

so I shall just sit here and wait as the info comes along. We only have 3 months to go and i have enough on my hands right now just on gaming on it's own so I'll wait patiently.

http://www.rockntech.com.br/2010/04/...tendo-3ds.html Looks pretty cool actually, though I doubt it it is the actual thing, but who knows.

Page 13 of 524 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast