Page 14 of 526 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BassGS View Post
    http://www.rockntech.com.br/2010/04/...tendo-3ds.html Looks pretty cool actually, though I doubt it it is the actual thing, but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by slowkingsley View Post
    http://kotaku.com/5510693/is-this-th...thing/gallery/

Possible test model shown on this blog. Looks very similar to the Sharp 3D touchscreen revealed a few days ago.

Edit: On closer inspection the pictures do seem to have been photoshopped, although I personally do like the design concept. Unlikely as it is for a leak like this to occur, I guess it is possible though, but it is always better to wait for official confirmation for these sort of things.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    And pre-emptively, if anyone posts "wow, the new system looks awesome! Is that real?!?!", I may have to find a way to go upside your head using the Internet. To reiterate, that's a "possible test model", meaning its origins and authenticity are dubious at best.

Now, with that said, it's a nice concept. Very interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzBlast View Post
    Definitely a Photoshop.

Look at picture 3's upper right corner.

Yeah, books don't work like that. And it's not a rip; rips on those things are pretty distinctive.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    I don't think anyone was under the impression that the thing was real, physically or conceptually. You can tell just by looking at some of the photos of the unit itself, particularly the control surfaces, that are just a bit too perfect.
    This is why it is suggested you read before posting. And don't complain you can't be bothered to read the thread, it was all of a page ago.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 8th April 2010 at 2:42 AM.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Nope. That's stereoscopic 3D and requires glass. Autostereoscopic does not require glasses and adds depth to the screen. Everything is in the screen, it just appears farther or closer to you, and it's orientation changes based on the way you look at it.

This: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWAg1s7xfz0
    Jesus. That looks so cool.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

If it's anything like the Virtual Boy, I'm not interested. At this point, Nintendo is trying too hard to stay in business, ever since they very nearly did before the Wii's release. You can pretty much tell.
    Pokémon Friend Codes
    Diamond Version: 1676 9701 1288 (Mikau)
    HeartGold Version: 5414 2296 6074 (Mikau)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikau Seafox View Post
    If it's anything like the Virtual Boy, I'm not interested. At this point, Nintendo is trying too hard to stay in business, ever since they very nearly did before the Wii's release. You can pretty much tell.
    Yeah cause having billions of dollars coming in each month means a company is surely struggling.
    BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    Yeah cause having billions of dollars coming in each month means a company is surely struggling.
    Yeah, not much more to say than that xD

Nintendo is in no danger at all of going out of business. I don't even think they've ever been close (since they got into toys and by extension games, I know they had a lot of troubles before that period), even when the N64 and GCN weren't as successful as their older brothers.
    Last edited by Hydrohs; 8th April 2010 at 1:53 PM.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Late to the party, but there's no way you were serious with this. Someone's trying too hard, for sure, but it's not Nintendo.

-----
    Words to|live by

http://kotaku.com/5515794/nintendo-s...dheld-platform
    As a nice reference for the dolts calling the original announcement fake.
    BLAH

http://kotaku.com/5515794/nintendo-s...dheld-platform
    As a nice reference for the dolts calling the original announcement fake.
    Thank you for posting that. We can finally put at least one argument to rest.

Although there will still be those who think it's stupid or disagree.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by (s.i.e) View Post
    jesus christ give me some time to enjoy my current handheld, i'm not made of money.
    That's pretty much me as well.

I'm interested in the new system myself, but I plan on waiting to upgrade until all of the bugs and glitches are worked out of it.

I plan on keeping my old DS for the dual slot thing, and getting a new one as a back up to play DS games on.
    Looking forward to the release of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

The DS has been out for 6 years now, has that not been enough time for you folks to enjoy it?

The DS has been out for 6 years now, has that not been enough time for you folks to enjoy it?
    Yea. But not everyone can afford to get a new system right away.

Enjoying it is one thing -- being able to afford another new system is a whole other matter.

If this system costs over $200 -- then I'm definitely planning on not only waiting til' all of the bugs and glitches are worked out of it... I'll also be waiting until the price comes down to a sane level. That would be WAY too much price wise for a hand held system.

A console I can see... but in terms of hand helds, the most I'll pay would be around $160 or less. No more.
    Looking forward to the release of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by WishIhadaManafi5 View Post

Enjoying it is one thing -- being able to afford another new system is a whole other matter.

If this system costs over $200 -- then I'm definitely planning on not only waiting til' all of the bugs and glitches are worked out of it... I'll also be waiting until the price comes down to a sane level. That would be WAY too much price wise for a hand held system.

A console I can see... but in terms of hand helds, the most I'll pay would be around $160 or less. No more.
    He was talking about enjoying it. 6 years is plenty of time to enjoy a console, I'm aware not everyone can afford new hardware when it's released, or ever.

It wont be any more than 200. It likely wont be any more than the DS when it launched, maybe a little more.

OK... and? To put it as bluntly as possible, too bad for them. Video games are not a life necessity; if you can't afford them, you don't need them. Are you suggesting all commerce screech to a halt because people can't afford certain entertainment products?

See above. Video games are a want, not a need.

Nintendo has never marketed a handheld at more than $190 and never launched one at its outset for more than $150 or $160. Given that they've launched four distinctly separate handhelds in the last 20+ years - Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, DS - and released countless updated versions of those four in that time span and not a one of them has exceeded $200 American in price, wouldn't that seem to indicate that they don't release new hardware until they can market it at a price point below $200?

-----
    Words to|live by

Hell, one of the main points of how well a handheld will do is price. A console can get away with a ridiculous price tag, but not a handheld.

Nintendo setting the price at $200 would be financial suicide, as it would mean taking a huge risk with their recently gained casual crowd, and the fact that if it's at $200 it must be as expensive as hell to make.
    MK Wii FC: 4125-3565-2043

98% of teenagers cannot perform basic math. If you're one of the 7% who can, copy and paste this into your sig.

I hack pokemon with my AR. Don't like it? Tough.

FFIII DS sucks, and MMX6 sucks even more, but MMX7 is just crap.

It is said that when it roars, a volcano erupts somewhere around the globe.

ENTEI embodies the passion of magma. This POKEMON is thought to have been born in the eruption of a volcano. It blasts fire that consumes all it touches.

ENTEI learns Roar at level 15.
    >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon-dana
    But seriously, I agree with BitchBlast's point from a few posts back.

So apparently the DRM is tight as hell on this and the 3D has a fall back for those of us who don't want it, as said in an interview with Iwata.
    BLAH

So apparently the DRM is tight as hell on this and the 3D has a fall back for those of us who don't want it, as said in an interview with Iwata.
    Where is this interview with him? I figured you'd be able to turn off the 3D or whatever. But not necessarily in the 3D designed games, that's pretty cool.

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2010/...o_7585210.html
    Here you go. This thing is starting to become an interesting project, cause as Kotaku mentioned, if this can be done for every game, the 3D might just turn into a gimmick. And seeing how this is Nintendo, I won't exactly put this behind them, but then again 2 screens started that way and blew people's minds.
    BLAH

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2010/...o_7585210.html
    Here you go. This thing is starting to become an interesting project, cause as Kotaku mentioned, if this can be done for every game, the 3D might just turn into a gimmick. And seeing how this is Nintendo, I won't exactly put this behind them, but then again 2 screens started that way and blew people's minds.
    Thank you, sir.

It'll probably be similar to the DS, only Nintendo and a select few Third Party games will actually use the 3D to good effect, and then you'll have all the shovelware.

Babiez in 3D.....thanks for the shivers. And as a note, Nintendo's using the fall back not to damage the eyes and viewpoints of children.
    Last edited by mitchman_93; 9th May 2010 at 12:07 PM.
    BLAH

Babiez in 3D.....thanks for the shivers. And as a note, Nintendo's using the fall back not to damage the eyes and viewpoints of children.
    Well if they're doing it the way that DSi game does it there shouldn't be anything that would strain your eyes. Maybe they're just using as an excuse because they know some people just wont want to use the 3D because they feel it's a gimmick.

Well if they're doing it the way that DSi game does it there shouldn't be anything that would strain your eyes. Maybe they're just using as an excuse because they know some people just wont want to use the 3D because they feel it's a gimmick.
    I would think that kind of 3D can still be a pain on the eyes, especially after prolonged periods.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    I would think that kind of 3D can still be a pain on the eyes, especially after prolonged periods.
    No more so than a game already is.

It's still messing with your eyes to create depth on a screen, though.

I dunno, I probably won't be able to say anything about it until I actually try some of these for an extended period.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    It's still messing with your eyes to create depth on a screen, though.

I dunno, I probably won't be able to say anything about it until I actually try some of these for an extended period.
    It might confuse your brain, but not your eyes. It's just images, they're just arranged in a way to create depth. It's not like with the glasses where your eyes are being forced into seeing to different things.

I haven't given much interest in the 3DS (due to me not being a big fan of the DS in general) but I do admit I'm looking forward to seeing the 3DS games at E3. I am interested in seeing how the 3D effects work, especially if they aren't gonna need glasses.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Page 14 of 526 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast