Page 2 of 525 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    You really don't understand what 3D means, do you?
    Yes it's **** popping out of your screen. But pokemon games always adapt to the next big thing possible on their console whether the normal 3D or the 3D spoken of here.
    And please as if nintendo would come out with something that would harm people. They learned their lesson with the virtual boy.

Twin: PhQnix Bishie: Kurapica Cartoon Bishie: Freakazoid Pair: Leona

Samba Dinos don't need context.
    Xanga |Last FM

It seems that Nintendo is going into the whole 3D craze as well. I blame hollywood for this (not really). Anyway, I'm not sure if I'll get it in day one because I'm still saving my money for Disneyland.

It's about time.

Though I'm dying to see the hard specs of the device itself..

It's funny because I remember nintendo complaining that 3D would immerse a gamer into a game too much. Now they're using it.

Xanga |Last FM

Show me games or I don't care. It's too early for me to able to judge the system based on it's library, so I am not really interested. (Pokemon Gen 5 would be a good start, though I would probably be irritaed about having to buy a new handheld for it, so 5th gen would have to be a big step up.)

Quote Originally Posted by Skiks View Post
    And please as if nintendo would come out with something that would harm people. They learned their lesson with the virtual boy.
    In the article it specifically says Nintendo is looking up possible health side effects.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Oh...I just got the "pun". 3DS as in 3D graphics. Haha. Wonder what the "S" stands for unless it's just there to connect this console to the normal DS. Anyway, not the kind of thing I was expecting to see this early. Apparently it won't be released for quite a while, which is a bummer. Some people were hoping to see Pokemon's Gen 5 on that thing. I want to see what the 3DS can handle

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    Yeah if gimmicks equals to refreshing the market in such a crazy and unexpected way that they dominate the market from day 1 and **** every one over to the extent of having to catch up with them 3 years later in a desperate attempt to become as much as a success Nintendo have been.
    Yup. That and giving kids siezures right?

3D doesn't seem very refreshing to me. It's new to the game market, yes, but a gimmick's a gimmick, and it really doesn't seem worth it to spend my hard-earned $160+ on a system that relies on 3D alone as it's main hook when a newer version is just gonna come out 12 to 18 months later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krake View Post
    The current DS has been out for 6 years.
    I believe he was talking about the multitude of different versions of DSs that have been released lately.
    Not currently accepting challenges for Pokemon since I'm making a new team.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiks View Post
    It's funny because I remember nintendo complaining that 3D would immerse a gamer into a game too much. Now they're using it.
    Miyamoto felt the same way with CD based games, now he uses it. You just are forced to keep up with the times if you want to stay in business.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

I guess if the 5th gen pokemon games are coming out for this I will probably be gettng it. I will obviously keep my ds lite though for the gba games.

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Eye View Post
    In the article it specifically says Nintendo is looking up possible health side effects.
    Thats probably why they don't want people to use the 3D lens since most gamers like to play for a long time. We are warned not to play for more than an hour without breaks but we ignore that already.

Xanga |Last FM

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Maybe you shouldn't be buying every DSiware title that comes out then.
    says the ugly guy with the mariohat. i can afford to focus on one tiny sector of my big gaminghobby at a time, at the moment i'm busy with the DSi and PS3 whenever something catches my eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles2007 View Post
    I guess if the 5th gen pokemon games are coming out for this I will probably be gettng it. I will obviously keep my ds lite though for the gba games.
    You can bet Pokemon games will be on the 3DS at some point. Pokemon is a major franchise and money maker so why not? Seems like a dumb move on their part if they don't make good use of it. I also remember hearing that some developers received the kits for the DS successor so they are most likely working on something.

Note that 5th Gen doesn't just mean the new games coming out at the end of 2010.

Another rumor!

This information comes from Nikkei, which is generally a very reliable source of information. Just to be sure, though, I’m marking these details as speculation…

- Analog Stick
    - vibration pack
    - tilt sensor under decision
    - wireless connection speed up
    - battery life up
    - smaller than 4″ screen
    Source

That's interesting.... an analog stick?
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

When I say I don't want 3D in the main Pokemon games, I mean the cheap gimmicky pop-out-of-the-screen stuff that is enough to put an epileptic in the emergency room in five minutes flat. I'm fine with 3D in-game models, and I in fact want Game Freak to put more of those into the fifth generation games.

I love the rumors of a built-in Rumble Pack and Tilt controls though. Tilt controls would add a whole new dimension to the games. If this thing is powered by Tegra 2, it should be able to rival the Gamecube in graphic capabilities, which is a huge step up from the pixel-y DS.

Also note how they said it was compatible with DS and DSi games, meaning that there are cameras in it. Hopefully they step up the game and make the cameras high-quality.

Improved battery life and extended wireless capabilities are always a plus for me. IMO, Nintendo should work towards communicating with people all over the world without having to use a Wi-Fi connection (meaning you could be in the Amazon jungle and still be able to use the GTS in Pokemon).

I think the 3DS proves Nintendo can still be ahead of the competition in technology. It may be a bit weird to use on car journeys though.
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/1zfl8k6.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing_Pikachu View Post
    I knew holding out all these years with nothing but a busted-up 2004 DS Phat would pay off.
    I've stuck with the Phat since my first Phat. My sister bought a DS Lite, and I got her Phat to replace my busted Phat. So yeah. I'm a Phat person and proud.
    by Leyniar

Cool Fan art I requested: WOLFMIN PLATNIUM CHAMPIONS

I'm on deviantART!

Quote Originally Posted by nintendude 64 View Post
    Does anyone else get the feeling Nintendo, as far as systems go, is becoming a company that relies on gimmicks alone to get sales?
    Nintendo is about innovation - The GameBoy was an early handheld, the DS was a first to utilize touch technology, the Wii of course took advantage of motion control, so now a 3D video game on a handheld without the use of glasses is, quite simply, innovation, not gimmicks.

I do agree with Dattebayo, though - just another company hopping on the 3d bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    Oh...I just got the "pun". 3DS as in 3D graphics. Haha. Wonder what the "S" stands for unless it's just there to connect this console to the normal DS.
    Well, I would assume that this one would also have a Double Screen feature.
    Last edited by Fused; 23rd March 2010 at 9:06 PM.

Wow. This seems like a cool new Nintendo handheld. Good thing it has backwards compatibility with the DS and DSi. I'll be sure to get it when the time comes. So, it is supposed to go on sale between Apr. 2010 and Mar. 2011?

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    Improved battery life and extended wireless capabilities are always a plus for me. IMO, Nintendo should work towards communicating with people all over the world without having to use a Wi-Fi connection (meaning you could be in the Amazon jungle and still be able to use the GTS in Pokemon).
    That would never happen as you'd have to pay for it. And nintendo would never want to charge people.

Xanga |Last FM

I'm really disappointed with this news, it's bad enough 3D is starting to become the norm in Theaters and now there's a 3D Tv that's come out too, but a 3D Nintendo console? I can't enjoy any of it. Why? Because 3D literally makes me nauseous.

My only hope is that Nintendo has figured out a new way of 3D that will not have severe side effects for people like myself. If they haven't, well then at least thank goodness the 5th gen is supposedly coming out on the DS so I can enjoy that because once they switch to the 3DS I will no longer be able to follow the pokemon franchise

Darn it, I hate 3D if it takes over I will never be able to watch movies or play video games again... T_T
    "Two players, two sides. One is light, one is dark."

I never have a problem with 3D, but I hope for the people who become nauseous, or have seizures, etc. that Nintendo will include an off Setting for this New console. Also, NO ANALOG STICK! I hate those things, after a few hours, my thumbs become tired, and after a few days of playing hours at a time, I am unable to play due to the muscles tearing. Also, I know it's not going to happen, but I wish they would include a button select system that operates by voice command, that way when I get a mosquito bite, I can still play. LOL :P

Quote Originally Posted by Fused View Post
    Nintendo is about innovation - The GameBoy was an early handheld, the DS was a first to utilize touch technology, the Wii of course took advantage of motion control, so now a 3D video game on a handheld without the use of glasses is, quite simply, innovation, not gimmicks
    This is no innovation. This technology is not new. It is a gimmick. In order for Nintendo to use this and remain cheap it wont be to it's full potential and will quickly be outpaced. They're doing it to get sales, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Neurotic Nuckelavee View Post
    I'm really disappointed with this news, it's bad enough 3D is starting to become the norm in Theaters and now there's a 3D Tv that's come out too, but a 3D Nintendo console? I can't enjoy any of it. Why? Because 3D literally makes me nauseous.
    It's not that kind of 3D.

It's this kind:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5QSc...layer_embedded

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Sunshine remake seems even more likely with the announcement of the analog stick-Which I hope doesn't replace the dpad, but won't be too upset if it does (I use classic controllers analog stick for Super Mario World and it plays just as good).

I wonder if its this 3d: http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=118193 or movie theater style 3d without glasses? Though, I doubt it's the 3d I linked to, because that could be achieved wth simply the accelometer it's confirmed to have.

What I meant by App Store was like the app store but only with games. It seems possible, the App Store is making a ton of money, and Nintendo has copied things because they made money before (Miyamoto said online play was just a fad, though we got it on wii/ds). I mean, it is the only advantage the iTouch has over a normal iPod other than internet and youtube.

Some people are believing in SSBDS again. Analog stick seems to slightly boost this rumor, and since Nintendo's added DLC to wifi since Brawl, that'd be a plus. But I still doubt it.
    Events:
    On a 3rd Gen Game (Temporarily Unavailable for Trade-Missing DS with a GBA Slot): Bonus Disk Jirachi, 10 ANIV Celebi, 10 ANIV Typhlosion, 10 ANIV Suicune, 10 ANIV Espeon, MYSTRY Mew, XD Lugia
    On a 4th Gen Game: ALAMOS Darkrai, Japanese Member Card Darkrai, Zoroark Movie Scizor, 11219 Mew, NZ Jirachi, Japanese Regigagas to activate the event
    On a 5th Gen Game: GAMESTOP Suicune, May 2012 Darkrai x 3, June 2012 Victini x 2, Spring 2012 Reshiram, Spring 2012 Zekrom, 2012 Arceus, Liberty Island Victini

When did Nintendo say it would have an analog stick...?

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

So far all I can gather is that it’s in 3D and a bit fancier. They’ll need a better gimmick than that to get me to cough up the dough. I didn't even bother with the DSi. :V

Page 2 of 525 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast