Page 20 of 526 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Hey everyone,
    I was planning on buying a DSiXL in November when i finish school and since the information of the 3DS I am unsure whether to buy the DSiXL when I originally planned or to wait for the 3DS. What does everyone think I should do??
    Thanks.
    P.S. I live in Australia so the release date for the 3DS will most probably be later then most other countries so keep that into consideration in your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by wheels777 View Post
    Hey everyone,
    I was planning on buying a DSiXL in November when i finish school and since the information of the 3DS I am unsure whether to buy the DSiXL when I originally planned or to wait for the 3DS. What does everyone think I should do??
    Thanks.
    P.S. I live in Australia so the release date for the 3DS will most probably be later then most other countries so keep that into consideration in your reply.
    Honestly I'd wait. Even if it would come out later where you live it would be so worth it. With everything we know about it plus the fact that there are still some features about it yet to be revealed. So yeah I would recommend that you wait it out.

Hey everyone,
    Thanks.
    Would that not be up to you?

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Technically speaking:
    -those textures on Pit seem to be his brawl textures. i only found a difference in a rainbow bracelet he wore
    -assuming some of those 3DS games use all 2GB they can have at launch, that's a lot more space used than by most wii games.
    Yeah the whole game is borrowing from brawl, and to be honest its not a surprise, Sakurai worked on it too you know.
    Yeah that's what wows me the most, a lot of the games will get to have some very big environments with flash graphics. Seriously can't wait for Super Mario Galaxy to come to this and blow our minds. DSiWare transfers? Interesting...
    http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=127503
    Last edited by mitchman_93; 20th June 2010 at 5:50 PM.
    BLAH

Well, DSiWare transfers just sound like it's being talked about. It might not be doable by final release.

Maybe by 3DSi

Hey everyone,
    I was planning on buying a DSiXL in November when i finish school and since the information of the 3DS I am unsure whether to buy the DSiXL when I originally planned or to wait for the 3DS. What does everyone think I should do?
    Wait for the 3DS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    Well, DSiWare transfers just sound like it's being talked about. It might not be doable by final release.
    Why wouldn't it be doable? The system has way better specs than the DSi, so obviously it can do everything the DSi can, and thus also play DSiWare (which most of the times doesn't even use the DSi's capabilities to its fullest anyways).
    natie respect Takahashi Meijin. He is Champion. He can push a button continuously no less than 16 times in 1 second. It's sooooooooooooo great!!

I'd wait, the XL is going to be top of the line for only a year or so.

@Slick: Really? The graphics I get from the Wii are among the best on my TV. It's an old clunker, but it still looks good. Plus, the sheer fact that what gave me those graphics takes up a bunch of space and weighs a lot, and only around 5 years after it launches, something is made that can give me those same graphics, yet fits in my pocket and weighs like one pound is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by natie View Post
    Wait for the 3DS.
    Why wouldn't it be doable? The system has way better specs than the DSi, so obviously it can do everything the DSi can, and thus also play DSiWare (which most of the times doesn't even use the DSi's capabilities to its fullest anyways).
    It's not that it can't play it, it's that transferring is the problem.

If you get a new DSi or the XL, you can't transfer your games over due to the way the shop works. That's what's being asked about.
    More power wouldn't really be able to fix that, so they have find a specific way to make the games come over as well as link the shop.

edit: Also the games wouldn't transfer over period, regardless of shop. Probably should have led with that but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    If you get a new DSi or the XL, you can't transfer your games over due to the way the shop works. That's what's being asked about.
    No no no, you don't seem to get it. The DSiWare becomes system-locked only when it is downloaded to your system. The DSi Shop is the same for every DSi system (of course there is the difference between J/E/U but I don't take that into account here because it doesn't matter anyways). The reason you can't transfer DSiWare from one DSi to another is because it's system-locked, not because of the way the Shop itself works.
    natie respect Takahashi Meijin. He is Champion. He can push a button continuously no less than 16 times in 1 second. It's sooooooooooooo great!!

Quote Originally Posted by Will-powered Spriter View Post
    Quick Question: Does the before March 2011 release date apply to Europe too?

And if not, is there any hints for the Euro release date of the 3DS?
    Nope. It's actually before April 2011 which is for Japan. I believe there haven't been any hints as to a European Nintendo 3DS Release Date, but I'd say 2011 for the US & Europe, or Early 2012.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Meh the only games I play on hand held are pokemon and since they'll continue to work on my old DS there is NO reason to buy something else. Unless this thing can contact aliens on another planet it's nothing special.
    Signature deleted for taunting staff.

- Keep this sh-t up Boss, see what happens.
    Quote by Ethan

You should have talked to me about the sig if the light bondage offended you so much, lack of communication often leads to this, so remember that online citizens who don't like sexy stuff (with women in it anyways).

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    Nope. It's actually before April 2011 which is for Japan. I believe there haven't been any hints as to a European Nintendo 3DS Release Date, but I'd say 2011 for the US & Europe, or Early 2012.
    http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=127503 Cammie said herself that the "within the fiscal year ending March 2011" applies to Japan and the U.S. There is no way we're getting it in 2012. Not since the N64 have the release dates been that far apart. We'll likely get it very close to Japan, if not before like they did with the DS and Wii.
    Events:
    On a 3rd Gen Game (Temporarily Unavailable for Trade-Missing DS with a GBA Slot): Bonus Disk Jirachi, 10 ANIV Celebi, 10 ANIV Typhlosion, 10 ANIV Suicune, 10 ANIV Espeon, MYSTRY Mew, XD Lugia
    On a 4th Gen Game: ALAMOS Darkrai, Japanese Member Card Darkrai, Zoroark Movie Scizor, 11219 Mew, NZ Jirachi, Japanese Regigagas to activate the event
    On a 5th Gen Game: GAMESTOP Suicune, May 2012 Darkrai x 3, June 2012 Victini x 2, Spring 2012 Reshiram, Spring 2012 Zekrom, 2012 Arceus, Liberty Island Victini

Quote Originally Posted by TehBrawlGuy~ View Post
    @Slick: Really? The graphics I get from the Wii are among the best on my TV. It's an old clunker, but it still looks good. Plus, the sheer fact that what gave me those graphics takes up a bunch of space and weighs a lot, and only around 5 years after it launches, something is made that can give me those same graphics, yet fits in my pocket and weighs like one pound is amazing.
    The Wii looks best on old TVs. Because the Wii only displays in 480p with regular old RCA cables. New TVs make that kind of format look like ****.

42 already beat me to it, but consoles now are released every within roughly a month. And NA actually got the DS before Japan.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    42 already beat me to it, but consoles now are released every within roughly a month. And NA actually got the DS before Japan.
    http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=127503 Cammie said herself that the "within the fiscal year ending March 2011" applies to Japan and the U.S. There is no way we're getting it in 2012. Not since the N64 have the release dates been that far apart. We'll likely get it very close to Japan, if not before like they did with the DS and Wii.
    That's true since the Nintendo DSi was released in the Japan on Nov. 1, 2008 and then the US on Apr. 5, 2009. The DSi XL was released on Nov. 21, 2009 in Japan and then Mar. 28, 2010 in the US. Maybe the 3DS will follow the pattern of Japan getting a new DS every November and then the US in March/April that follows. Comments? (By the way, thanks for pointing that out, 42 & Hydrohs.)

White 2:

Well where this is an actual new platform and not just an upgrade to the existing handheld I think Nintendo will probably try to release them close together again.

That's true since the Nintendo DSi was released in the Japan on Nov. 1, 2008 and then the US on Apr. 5, 2009. The DSi XL was released on Nov. 21, 2009 in Japan and then Mar. 28, 2010 in the US. Maybe the 3DS will follow the pattern of Japan getting a new DS every November and then the US in March/April that follows. Comments? (By the way, thanks for pointing that out, 42 & Hydrohs.)
    They're going to aim for the holidays, and if they can't release them then, it will definately be march/april. If they get it out before the holidays, a bunch of people will buy it for christmas. But if they don't, people won't have money for a few monthes after christmas. Children won't, anyway, and that's Nintendo's favorite market.
    Events:
    On a 3rd Gen Game (Temporarily Unavailable for Trade-Missing DS with a GBA Slot): Bonus Disk Jirachi, 10 ANIV Celebi, 10 ANIV Typhlosion, 10 ANIV Suicune, 10 ANIV Espeon, MYSTRY Mew, XD Lugia
    On a 4th Gen Game: ALAMOS Darkrai, Japanese Member Card Darkrai, Zoroark Movie Scizor, 11219 Mew, NZ Jirachi, Japanese Regigagas to activate the event
    On a 5th Gen Game: GAMESTOP Suicune, May 2012 Darkrai x 3, June 2012 Victini x 2, Spring 2012 Reshiram, Spring 2012 Zekrom, 2012 Arceus, Liberty Island Victini

Nintendo of Europe apparently accidentally put up the release date for Paper Mario for the 3DS as March 25th 2011. So the 3DS will definitely be out in Europe before that date, maybe on it. Was Paper Mario confirmed to be a launch game?

They could just as well be teasing around. Paper Mario will most likely be a launch game.

The 3DS will be out in 2011. No way it will be out sooner than that. Or later than March that year.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Boss_Giygas View Post
    Meh the only games I play on hand held are pokemon and since they'll continue to work on my old DS there is NO reason to buy something else. Unless this thing can contact aliens on another planet it's nothing special.
    Thanks for sharing. It wouldn't be a thread without one or two posts saying "well, I just don't see the need to buy this one so I clearly won't and it's obvious that all of you care."

"It's nothing special". Haha. Right. Yes. Of course.

The 3DS will be out in 2011. No way it will be out sooner than that.
    Based on what? They've been elusive at every possible turn about the release date. It's not at all out of the question that this sees release in time for the holidays. Just like it's not out of the question that it ends up a March 2011 release. There's literally nothing indicating one way or another right now.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 21st June 2010 at 11:59 PM.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I want to buy it when it comes out and I am trading in my DS Lite for one given the chance.
    www.kongregate.com - If you go there and sign up tell them TheHighscore referred you, I really REALLY need the points.

HG Friend Code: 3610 3650 4282
    Name: Joey

you cant trade a generation defunct console for a 3DS, you would only be able to trade in a DSi XL or a DSi at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Nintendo of Europe apparently accidentally put up the release date for Paper Mario for the 3DS as March 25th 2011. So the 3DS will definitely be out in Europe before that date, maybe on it. Was Paper Mario confirmed to be a launch game?
    That would fit under the fact that the Nintendo 3DS will be out before March 2011. Maybe it could be true, I guess we will have to wait and see. That would be cool because then the US Release Date wouldn't be too far off.

They're going to aim for the holidays, and if they can't release them then, it will definately be march/april. If they get it out before the holidays, a bunch of people will buy it for christmas. But if they don't, people won't have money for a few monthes after christmas. Children won't, anyway, and that's Nintendo's favorite market.
    I'm guessing you mean December 2010 for the US/Europe? If so, I doubt that the Nintendo 3DS would be out that early for the US/Europe. That would probably be a plausible time for Japan though.

Is it still possible that the Nintendo 3DS could be a tentative name and that the Nintendo 3DS we saw at E3 2010 just be a prototype?

White 2:

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Based on what? They've been elusive at every possible turn about the release date. It's not at all out of the question that this sees release in time for the holidays. Just like it's not out of the question that it ends up a March 2011 release. There's literally nothing indicating one way or another right now.
    Based on the amount of work they still have to put in the 3DS. This being: design, ironing out most bugs and leaks in the firmware, etc.

EDIT: @haters: get with your times already. 3D is the new shit. And it IS 'special'.
    Last edited by natie; 22nd June 2010 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    you cant trade a generation defunct console for a 3DS, you would only be able to trade in a DSi XL or a DSi at best.
    Try again. Any game store will let you trade in anything for credit towards anything; depending on the store, you could trade in an NES for store credit if you so desired. The variable is how much credit you'll receive in turn. At most, trading in said NES would get you a few dollars of store credit; four years after release, a used DS Lite, even in good condition, isn't going to get you much.

Is it still possible that the Nintendo 3DS could be a tentative name
    No. They did not just execute a massive product reveal with a tentative name.

and that the Nintendo 3DS we saw at E3 2010 just be a prototype?
    To any appreciable extent, probably not. Maybe they move the power button, maybe they round down or push out a corner here or there, maybe they make another small change or two, but by and large, what you saw at E3 is what you're going to get.

Based on the amount of work they still have to put in the 3DS. This being: design, ironing out most bugs and leaks in the firmware, etc.
    Which comes back to the original question, that being the one that asks what your basis for this is. Do you know for a fact that they still have massive amounts of work to do on the firmware and design, or are you basing that solely on the fact that you don't think they could reveal hardware in June and release it by year's end?

I repeat: the only thing we can be sure of about the release is that it'll be out sometime between October of this year and March of next year. To try and make the case one way or another right now is nothing more than a speculative effort, no matter how well supported.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

They could just as well be teasing around. Paper Mario will most likely be a launch game.

The 3DS will be out in 2011. No way it will be out sooner than that. Or later than March that year.
    Valve is the only company that teases.

Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    ... No.

Pretty sure you're wrong on this one. Most of that stuff will be long done by now.

Page 20 of 526 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast