Page 22 of 526 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by natie View Post
    Seems like TBG is just an ignorant fool and doesn't want to listen to anything we say...
    Well excuuuuuse me.

Lol, you should've seen my face before I figured out what was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Gentleman View Post
    I'm under the distinct impression that it was because The_Boss_Giygas wasn't intending to argue anything to begin with. He was saying he wouldn't be getting a 3DS and why he would abstain. I'm supposing some of his comments were misunderstood as indirectly telling other people why they shouldn't buy it either, and things spiraled from there.

That's how I'm seeing it, anyhow.
    That's possible, and sounds quite reasonable, too. You look at these posts like a true Gentleman.
    Quote Originally Posted by TehBrawlGuy~ View Post
    Well excuuuuuse me.

Lol, you should've seen my face before I figured out what was going on.
    Hahaha I didn't think of the possibility that there could be multiple people with the initials TBG on here
    natie respect Takahashi Meijin. He is Champion. He can push a button continuously no less than 16 times in 1 second. It's sooooooooooooo great!!

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    But what if they don't make a Nintendo 3DS Lite.
    Will the sun rise tomorrow? yes it will, Will Nintendo make a 3DSLite Yes they will just maybe under a different name.

Anyways, about the Nintendo 3DS coming out during Christmas 2010, I bet that is for Japan only and that the US, Europe & Australia will get the Nintendo 3DS during March 2011.
    I doubt that. This is a brand new DS system so it will released worldwide during Christmas 2010 it would be bad business if they didn't.

In fact I am so confident that the 3DS will be released in Christmas 2010, will cost between Ł100-Ł150 and a "Lite" version will come out at in the due future maybe 2012. That I will bet my soul on it (if it exist)
    Last edited by blaze boy; 24th June 2010 at 5:19 PM.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

The new Nintendo 3DS is pretty good. A bigger screen and 3D graphics are really great. I might get it when it comes out in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    I doubt that this is a brand new DS system so it will released worldwide during Christmas 2010 it would be bad business too.
    You REALLY need to add punctuation in here. Without punctuation it sounds like you're saying you doubt that this is a brand new DS system. Not that you doubt what he was saying.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

That's possible, and sounds quite reasonable, too. You look at these posts like a true Gentleman.

Hahaha I didn't think of the possibility that there could be multiple people with the initials TBG on here
    Yeah, what are the chances? The/Teh is pretty common, but the combination of BG isn't.

I too would bet on a 3DS lite. Moar money, plus they can fix whatever we inevitably hate about the 3DS. I'd think the release will be later, though... more like late February. I doubt they're going to have a 100% working 3DS with good titles only a few months from now, though I wouldn't complain if they did.

I doubt they're going to have a 100% working 3DS with good titles only a few months from now, though I wouldn't complain if they did.
    Again, where does this come from? What is it about anything they've said or done that says "we definitely will not have this out by the end of the year?"

They haven't gone so far as to say the opposite, but at every possible opportunity, they've been completely noncommittal about the release date. The only reasonable conclusion at the moment is that it will be out "at some point" - to gravitate to one possibility or the other is a speculative motion.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 24th June 2010 at 4:54 AM.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    I doubt that this is a brand new DS system so it will released worldwide during Christmas 2010 it would be bad business too.
    It obviously is a new Nintendo DS System. The only time with the DS that it came out worldwide around the same time was with the Nintendo DS., about 6 years ago, correct? I still say Christmas 2010 for Japan and US, Europe & Australia as Early 2011. In a general sense, it would be Before April 2011 for everywhere. Can we at least agree on that?

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

It obviously is a new Nintendo DS System. The only time with the DS that it came out worldwide around the same time was with the Nintendo DS., about 6 years ago, correct? I still say Christmas 2010 for Japan and US, Europe & Australia as Early 2011. In a general sense, it would be Before April 2011 for everywhere. Can we at least agree on that?
    NOPE.

Because when they released the new hardware iterations all areas got them within a short amount of time. With the DS Lite and DSi/XL those were revisions, and Nintendo probably wanted to test the Japanese water to see how they would do.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    NOPE.

Because when they released the new hardware iterations all areas got them within a short amount of time. With the DS Lite and DSi/XL those were revisions, and Nintendo probably wanted to test the Japanese water to see how they would do.
    You make a good point. I guess we will have to wait and see what Nintendo does.

It is safe to assume that the Nintendo 3DS will be out worldwide before Apr. 2011, right?

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

You make a good point. I guess we will have to wait and see what Nintendo does.

It is safe to assume that the Nintendo 3DS will be out worldwide before Apr. 2011, right?
    Before March 31 of 2011. That is when Nintendo's fiscal year ends and that is when they said it would be available in all their major markets.

You REALLY need to add punctuation in here. Without punctuation it sounds like you're saying you doubt that this is a brand new DS system. Not that you doubt what he was saying.
    Thanks for that. I must have been having an off day or something so I went back and fix it.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Again, where does this come from? What is it about anything they've said or done that says "we definitely will not have this out by the end of the year?"

They haven't gone so far as to say the opposite, but at every possible opportunity, they've been completely noncommittal about the release date. The only reasonable conclusion at the moment is that it will be out "at some point" - to gravitate to one possibility or the other is a speculative motion.
    It comes from many things. They said the shown 3DS was possibly not going to be the released 3DS. If that happens, I doubt they can do the redesign, test anything redone, and etc. IMO they probably won't have a supply of finished 3DSes in time to ship if they redo the 3DS.

They also showed many things in trailer form w/o a demo. With it being a new system, it's probably got many more game bugs than other games. I doubt they want anything less than a great launch line-up, as a meh launch (quality or quantity) won't keep that really high demand that gives them sort of a boost. Meh launch also makes those waiting to get a 3DS more skeptical of how much they want one.

Also, public hype. With 5 months to go, there's little hype outside of dedicated gamers. Tommy may have decided he wants an XBox for Christmas before they can hype this.

I'm really hoping for a release this year, the wait is killing me now that E3 has made me so hyped.

It comes from many things. They said the shown 3DS was possibly not going to be the released 3DS. If that happens, I doubt they can do the redesign, test anything redone, and etc. IMO they probably won't have a supply of finished 3DSes in time to ship if they redo the 3DS.

They also showed many things in trailer form w/o a demo. With it being a new system, it's probably got many more game bugs than other games. I doubt they want anything less than a great launch line-up, as a meh launch (quality or quantity) won't keep that really high demand that gives them sort of a boost. Meh launch also makes those waiting to get a 3DS more skeptical of how much they want one.

Also, public hype. With 5 months to go, there's little hype outside of dedicated gamers. Tommy may have decided he wants an XBox for Christmas before they can hype this.
    The hardware is pretty much done. Developers are able to test their games using emulators to work out bugs. They don't need a finished 3DS.

As for redesign, again: The hardware will be pretty much finished at this point, if not completely done. It's just the plastic casing around the unit which is extremely easy to manufacture.

I know nothing regarding 3DS colours is official yet, but out of the ones seen so far what guys do you like the most? Personally I think that Purple one is the best, I absolutely love it.

Quote Originally Posted by IISpacebreakII View Post
    I know nothing regarding 3DS colours is official yet, but out of the ones seen so far what guys do you like the most? Personally I think that Purple one is the best, I absolutely love it.
    Where on Earth have oyu seen purple? O_o

The only colours I've seen are Blue, Black, Blue/Black and Red/Black.

I like the black one the best.

The hardware is pretty much done. Developers are able to test their games using emulators to work out bugs. They don't need a finished 3DS.
    I've always wondered how they can use emulators for games that require additional hardware (like cameras, motion sensors, etc). How does it work?
    natie respect Takahashi Meijin. He is Champion. He can push a button continuously no less than 16 times in 1 second. It's sooooooooooooo great!!

I've always wondered how they can use emulators for games that require additional hardware (like cameras, motion sensors, etc). How does it work?
    Well cameras can be used with web cams and the like, motion control would just involve lots and lots of numbers and sliders.

There were Orange and Purple models in cases in the Nintendo area.

Well cameras can be used with web cams and the like, motion control would just involve lots and lots of numbers and sliders.
    Oh hey speaking of motion control, finally heard the first dev showing off the motion control capabilities of the 3DS

It's the DoA people

Spoiler:

edit we have the worst spoiler tags ever. I mean "spoil" really? Just put the other two letters in rabblerabble
    Last edited by R_N; 26th June 2010 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    Oh hey speaking of motion control, finally heard the first dev showing off the motion control capabilities of the 3DS

It's the DoA people

Spoiler:
    Oh, of course they do. Doesn't surprise me in the least xD

I'm genuinely surprised there was not one DoA game on the Wii

Wow I haven't heard of a pure blue 3DS, well the Purple 3DS hasn't really been showcased anywhere but it was at the E3 demonstration, PALGN took the picture I believe;http://palgn.com.au/nintendo-ds/1676...-3ds-hands-on/

Absolutely delicious, theres also a copper/bronze coloured one that was showcased on that page aswell. I was thinking about Black but every console I have is that sleek colour black, was thinking of mixing it up a bit ^^

Reggie on Jimmy Fallon just confirmed something: 2011 release. This will mean February or March most likely...Januarys right after Christmas, usually a bad month for releasing stuff while everyones in debt from christmas spendin'.
    Also, I doubt Japan gets it too far ahead of us. If not, gentlemen, GET YOUR IMPORTS READY!
    Events:
    On a 3rd Gen Game (Temporarily Unavailable for Trade-Missing DS with a GBA Slot): Bonus Disk Jirachi, 10 ANIV Celebi, 10 ANIV Typhlosion, 10 ANIV Suicune, 10 ANIV Espeon, MYSTRY Mew, XD Lugia
    On a 4th Gen Game: ALAMOS Darkrai, Japanese Member Card Darkrai, Zoroark Movie Scizor, 11219 Mew, NZ Jirachi, Japanese Regigagas to activate the event
    On a 5th Gen Game: GAMESTOP Suicune, May 2012 Darkrai x 3, June 2012 Victini x 2, Spring 2012 Reshiram, Spring 2012 Zekrom, 2012 Arceus, Liberty Island Victini

Well I'm devastated.

I just hope Japan get it this year so I can watch YouTube videos to tide me over.

Page 22 of 526 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast