Page 24 of 525 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by natie View Post
    Hideki Konno confirmed it. It's because Luigi's Mansion was actually designed for a 3D console at first, but then got released for the Gamecube.
    Well, the Gamecube was a 3D console to begin with, but then again, that may have been graphics-wise only (if you know what I mean).

I came very close to beating the original game, but I just couldn't beat King Boo.

And to think, when I was born, we were just getting into the 16-bit era. The NES/Famicom and Game Boy were all that Nintendo had in January of 1990 - the Super NES/Super Famicom had yet to be released (Japan would get it later in 1990, with the West getting it over the next two years), and the Genesis was slowly eating up the market share of the NES.

Look at how far video gaming has come over the last 20 years.
    Last edited by Pikachu Fan Number Nine; 27th June 2010 at 10:39 PM.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Well I can't remember where I heard it but I remember (it may have been one of the special Iwata Asks interviews) them talking about how Luigi's Mansion was one of the first games they tried in 3D, now this was long before the 3DS would have been created.

So it would make sense that they'd want to, at the very least, port it over.
    That'd be pretty cool, as I've never actually bothered to play that game. I'd be curious to see how it would look on the 3DS.

C_L

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Just like to post this:

http://kotaku.com/5574144/nintendo-e...l+%28Kotaku%29

Release date, yet again, no longer set in stone?

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Just like to post this:

http://kotaku.com/5574144/nintendo-e...l+%28Kotaku%29

Release date, yet again, no longer set in stone?
    Now, this makes much more sense. It would be much more viable to release the 3DS during the Holiday season.

Goddammit, if this turns out to be the real release date, I apologise to all of you for being wrong. D:
    natie respect Takahashi Meijin. He is Champion. He can push a button continuously no less than 16 times in 1 second. It's sooooooooooooo great!!

Goddammit, if this turns out to be the real release date, I apologise to all of you for being wrong. D:
    Don't apologise for being wrong, apologise for being an *** about being right.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Be an *** in what way? I just rubbed the fact that I won (although in the end I didn't D:) in your face.
    natie respect Takahashi Meijin. He is Champion. He can push a button continuously no less than 16 times in 1 second. It's sooooooooooooo great!!

Be an *** in what way?
    You've answered your own question:

I just rubbed the fact that I won (although in the end I didn't D:) in your face.

Hence I put the :rolleyes: smiley.

Aaand more news, this time on price. If it hold true it's nothing we didn't expect, really.

http://www.gamesradar.com/3ds/ninten...90694808879128

The lowest I can see it being at launch is $180. $200 seems about right, all things considered.

Aaand more news, this time on price. If it hold true it's nothing we didn't expect, really.

http://www.gamesradar.com/3ds/ninten...90694808879128
    Expected, but still disappointing. What happen to the good old days when consoles wouldn't cost you more than a hundred bucks?

Quote Originally Posted by Meganium Ex View Post
    What happen to the good old days when consoles wouldn't cost you more than a hundred bucks?
    Were they ever here at all? What console launched for under $100?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Expected, but still disappointing. What happen to the good old days when consoles wouldn't cost you more than a hundred bucks?
    That never happened, what consoles are you talking about? O_o

Never happened until years after their launch, anyway.

Shoot, none of the DSes have been under $100.

I think DS Phat was like $200, maybe a little lower.

Nintendo hasn't launched any hardware, period, at under $100 since the original Game Boy and Game Boy Color, which launched at $90 and $80 respectively.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 1st July 2010 at 9:54 AM. Reason: Yes, Meganium, it was a typo.

-----
    Words to|live by

Bah, whatever. All I know is I bought a GameCube and a PS2 for a 100 dollars. Wasn't at launch but wasn't too much time after. I got a good deal on the DS too, so maybe that's why a handheld priced at $200 seemed off.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Nintendo hasn't launched any hardware, period, at under $200 since the original Game Boy and Game Boy Color, which launched at $90 and $80 respectively.
    The SP launched at $99, and the DS launched at $150?

Yeah, I'm just going to assume that's a typo.
    Last edited by Meganium Ex; 1st July 2010 at 9:31 AM.

GBA was $100 when I got it. (Month of launch)

All I know is I bought a GameCube and a PS2 for a 100 dollars. Wasn't at launch but wasn't too much time after.
    The 'Cube didn't drop to $100 until two years after launch - September 2003 - and the PS2 didn't get as low as $100 until only about a year ago.

Yeah, I'm just going to assume that's a typo.
    It was. And is now fixed.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 1st July 2010 at 9:55 AM.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    The 'Cube didn't drop to $100 until two years after launch - September 2003 - and the PS2 didn't get as low as $100 until only about a year ago.

Then I don't know what the hell I'm smoking.

Then I don't know what the hell I'm smoking.
    Must be breathing the fumes that arise from hot silicon. Computers will do that to you.

Movies? From Disney, which could also mean Pixar? On a Nintendo handheld? In 3D?

I love you, Nintendo.

Also, I can't believe how they're bringing all these franchises to the 3DS: Metal Gear, Kid Icarus, Contra, etc.

One more thing...

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=254021

PLEASE NINTENDO!! MAKE THIS A GAME!!

Aww, I really wanted the Gold one.
    Oh well, I think I'll go with either blue or red. Or both. My DS that I got launch day came broke, and I definately don't want the 3DS to do the same.
    Events:
    On a 3rd Gen Game (Temporarily Unavailable for Trade-Missing DS with a GBA Slot): Bonus Disk Jirachi, 10 ANIV Celebi, 10 ANIV Typhlosion, 10 ANIV Suicune, 10 ANIV Espeon, MYSTRY Mew, XD Lugia
    On a 4th Gen Game: ALAMOS Darkrai, Japanese Member Card Darkrai, Zoroark Movie Scizor, 11219 Mew, NZ Jirachi, Japanese Regigagas to activate the event
    On a 5th Gen Game: GAMESTOP Suicune, May 2012 Darkrai x 3, June 2012 Victini x 2, Spring 2012 Reshiram, Spring 2012 Zekrom, 2012 Arceus, Liberty Island Victini

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Aww, I really wanted the Gold one.
    Oh well, I think I'll go with either blue or red. Or both. My DS that I got launch day came broke, and I definately don't want the 3DS to do the same.
    That was a listing from a Dutch sight. Colours may vary based on region.

Likewise, those are probably the only stock photos they have of the thing. The final design, while probably similar, will most likely differ in some areas.

Like not having the top part of the inside of the lid be black on all color schemes

Page 24 of 525 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast