Page 295 of 522 FirstFirst ... 195245285291292293294295296297298299305345395 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,375 of 13033

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Huh? You are talking about the one in the crag right?'... Where is the Nam Cobanda Island?

Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    Huh? You are talking about the one in the crag right?'... Where is the Nam Cobanda Island?
    It's a optional super boss of the game. Just look at a quest guide before you beat the game. It has a C. Core you will probably want if you're going to do a second playthrough.

And yes, it's no pushover. In fact Luke is worst person to have in the battle. I can tell you who it is if you don't mind spoilers.

Eh don't spoil it, I have a feeling that its going to be far worse than the collosseum exhibitionists.

Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    Nope. Actually Vesperia has the best real time battle system.
    That feel when I can't play Vesperia again since I no longer have a 360 and the PS3 port won't be localized.

Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    huh? I thought it was legendia and the other one...
    As mentioned, we very much got Legendia (though some would prefer we hadn't). What we didn't get with Legendia was the ending half of the game with voice acting. Namco-Bandai half-assed it by not dubbing the later half of the game.

I honesty wouldn't be saying if it wasn't obvious that they're going to make another version on a different system.
    Doubt it. Symphonia and Vesperia got ported because they were on consoles no one in Japan really bought; the GameCube and Xbox. The consoles they ported them to? Consoles that were selling well; the PlayStation 2 and PlayStation 3. As for Graces? Obviously due to the PS3 offering more power than the Wii. So unless the Wii U is more powerful than the PS3 (it won't be), then there's a good chance Xillia isn't going to be ported to another platform.

Updated? Possibly. But definitely not ported to another platform with more added on.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Ah, very true. In that case I smell lots of DLC in future. That seems to be all the rage with rpgs these days. *looks at FF*

Ah, very true. In that case I smell lots of DLC in future. That seems to be all the rage with rpgs these days. *looks at FF*
    Hell, look at the Tales series itself. Tons of DLC in the form of costumes.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    So unless the Wii U is more powerful than the PS3 (it won't be)
    It might be, but not by any significant margin. I do really want Xillia to be localized, I don't care what system it's for as long as it's not on the 360.

But boy have we gone off topic... is there a Tales thread? xD

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Sadly no... as long as we don't get anymore half-make beta's I am content

I take full credit for this idea.

There's a Tales of Thread now. Hopefully it wasn't too half-assed.
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    So unless the Wii U is more powerful than the PS3 (it won't be)
    Why would you think this? Of course it will be more powerful than the PS3. Besides the fact that numerous developers have been quoted saying such, it's next-generation console. Nintendo is clearly focusing a lot on attracting third party developers this time around. They aren't stupid; they know a less powerful machine will just turn away third parties. Which, based on their recent behavior is exactly what they don't want to do. The hypothetical PS4 will probably be more powerful than the Wii U, but the PS3 is not going to outclass the Wii U. That's just silly.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigglychu View Post
    Why would you think this? Of course it will be more powerful than the PS3. Besides the fact that numerous developers have been quoted saying such, it's next-generation console. Nintendo is clearly focusing a lot on attracting third party developers this time around. They aren't stupid; they know a less powerful machine will just turn away third parties. Which, based on their recent behavior is exactly what they don't want to do. The hypothetical PS4 will probably be more powerful than the Wii U, but the PS3 is not going to outclass the Wii U. That's just silly.
    It's not a next-generation console. It has small gains, at most, over the PS3 and 360.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    It's not a next-generation console. It has small gains, at most, over the PS3 and 360.
    Several developers have said that it's 50% more powerful than the PS3.

Several developers have said that it's 50% more powerful than the PS3.
    There have been all kinds of numbers thrown all over the place, I'm sure that is some areas it is 50% more powerful than the PS3, but not overall.

There have been all kinds of numbers thrown all over the place, I'm sure that is some areas it is 50% more powerful than the PS3, but not overall.
    Whether it's better or not, that doesn't change the fact this is going to be a next generation console, even if it isn't as powerful or advanced as we'd hope it to be.

It takes a few beautiful character models to convince people that a game is awesome. But luckily, Nintendo has the best first-party games. The Wii U will surely allow for more creativity to be used.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

I'm not even sure why Nintendo wants to get out there first. It's pretty obvious that the next PS and Xbox are going to be more powerful, and now with even MORE motion controlls say hello to more crappy movie knock off titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Whether it's better or not, that doesn't change the fact this is going to be a next generation console, even if it isn't as powerful or advanced as we'd hope it to be.
    It will have no real extra capability and will feature the exact same games as we've already got, it's a middle-road. It's not a next-gen console.

I'm not even sure why Nintendo wants to get out there first.
    If they're smart they'll release a true next-gen console whenever Microsoft and Sony release theirs.

It will have no real extra capability and will feature the exact same games as we've already got, it's a middle-road. It's not a next-gen console.
    Are we talking about the same console? The Wii U games are not going to be the "exact same ones we've already got". Wii does not have Pikmin 3, the new Zelda, or SSB4. Wii U games will not work on a Wii. And it's got no extra capability? There's the 1080p, the screentroller, the streaming, the near field communication, and the online that is vastly superior to the Wii's.

If they're smart they'll release a true next-gen console whenever Microsoft and Sony release theirs.
    This is a next-gen console, by definition. The games on the future system will be incompatible with the current system. Generation is dictated by time, not power.

Are we talking about the same console? The Wii U games are not going to be the "exact same ones we've already got". Wii does not have Pikmin 3, the new Zelda, or SSB4. Wii U games will not work on a Wii. And it's got no extra capability? There's the 1080p, the screentroller, the streaming, the near field communication, and the online that is vastly superior to the Wii's.
    I'm not talking about Nintendo games. I'm talking about all the games that have skipped the Wii in favour of the PS3 and 360, those are the games we'll getting for the Wii U. We're not going to see developers start skipping the 360/PS3 because they're significantly less powerful, everything will finally be equal. That's why I don't consider the Wii U a next-gen console, next-gen for Nintendo but not when compared to the rest.

Next gen has nothing to do with specs. If any company were to release a new console that featured 8 bit graphics, it would still be next gen.

Also, there comes a point where video games will look so good they can barely be distinguished from reality anymore unless you hold your eyes a couple of millimeters from the screen. Will any console released after this not be 'next gen'? Of course not, your point is moot.
    natie respect Takahashi Meijin. He is Champion. He can push a button continuously no less than 16 times in 1 second. It's sooooooooooooo great!!

Quote Originally Posted by natie View Post
    Next gen has nothing to do with specs. If any company were to release a new console that featured 8 bit graphics, it would still be next gen.

Also, there comes a point where video games will look so good they can barely be distinguished from reality anymore unless you hold your eyes a couple of millimeters from the screen. Will any console released after this not be 'next gen'? Of course not, your point is moot.
    There wouldn't be any need to release new consoles after that point =/

Quote Originally Posted by natie View Post

^^^ This! couldnt have put it better myself.

I honestly dont see how specs determine if a console is nexg gen or not, plus Nintendo has said it is the Next-Gen console, thats enough for me, it definetly beats some random person saying they dont consider it next gen just because moot points.
    Add me on Pokemon X! FC- 2809-9372-1773

Looking For Shiny Tyrunt!

Quote Originally Posted by xX ZeR0 Xx View Post
    ^^^ This! couldnt have put it better myself.

I honestly dont see how specs determine if a console is nexg gen or not, plus Nintendo has said it is the Next-Gen console, thats enough for me, it definetly beats some random person saying they dont consider it next gen just because moot points.
    ... Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by xX ZeR0 Xx View Post
    plus Nintendo has said it is the Next-Gen console, thats enough for me
    Nintendo also said motion control is fun but look how that turned out.
    Last edited by Jb; 28th February 2012 at 7:29 PM.

There's actually a debate over this now?

The Wii U IS a next-gen console, any other saying is invalid.

Page 295 of 522 FirstFirst ... 195245285291292293294295296297298299305345395 ... LastLast