Page 30 of 522 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Pretty good except from 16 onwards proper English stopped happening.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Zerokku View Post
    If anyone is interested, one of the posters over at NeoGAF put together a pretty comprehensive FAQ for the 3DS -

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=404493
    Hmm. The pictures comparisons are helpful. Graphics look amazing.

I need to save up some money.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Pretty good except from 16 onwards proper English stopped happening.
    If I'm not mistaken, english is not that poster's native tongue. So it's forgivable imo.

Quote Originally Posted by The FAQ
    14 – Will Flash cards, like M3 or R4, work on it?
    No. Nintendo has emphasized strong new anti-piracy technologies and THQ representatives have been quoted as saying the hardware is "hacker-proof". The DSi still hasn't been fully hacked, so it is likely the 3DS will stay secure for a while.
    The topic creator clearly doesn't know a thing about hacking. It should say "Will current flashcarts work on it?", because everyone knows Nintendo will obviously block all current available forms of piracy on its handhelds from working on the 3DS. Eventually, there will be a way to hack it though.

Eventually.
    natie respect Takahashi Meijin. He is Champion. He can push a button continuously no less than 16 times in 1 second. It's sooooooooooooo great!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zerokku View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, english is not that poster's native tongue. So it's forgivable imo.
    But they were doing so well beforehand... Makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by natie View Post
    Eventually.
    Hopefully. The PS3 has been out for 4 years now and still hasn't been hacked. In fact just today some USB 'mod chip' showed up, but it hasn't been proven to be completely true yet. But if someone can get homebrew running on the 3DS that would be fantastic.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Rayman Origins (not confirmed yet)

i'm going to sell my 360 for this if i need to

Hopefully. The PS3 has been out for 4 years now and still hasn't been hacked. In fact just today some USB 'mod chip' showed up, but it hasn't been proven to be completely true yet. But if someone can get homebrew running on the 3DS that would be fantastic.
    You mean this?

C_L

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

In fact just today some USB 'mod chip' showed up, but it hasn't been proven to be completely true yet.
    It is true and it's working, but the only problem is this.

But if someone can get homebrew running on the 3DS that would be fantastic.
    Sure, it would be great, but there's a difference between just getting homebrew running and making it actually functional. Look at the DSi, it was hacked by a hacker named Yasu in only 3 days time (he made a Hello World sorta thing, see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaKxWSENwGo), but nothing functional has come out of it yet (of course, Nintendo's updates prevent these things, but the last update was more than a year ago so I didn't take it into account).
    natie respect Takahashi Meijin. He is Champion. He can push a button continuously no less than 16 times in 1 second. It's sooooooooooooo great!!

I'm really looking forward to this being released, but I'll probably check out my friend's version (who will buy it the same week it comes out) before paying for one myself.

And we'll probably get several "updated" versions as well, just like there was a DSLite, DSi, etc..

Visit my Youtube Channel

Pokemon Y: Name: Yoda FC: 0001-3341-1988

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVader
    You may dispense with the pleasantries Commander; I am here to put you back on schedule.

I gotta start saving now... After I buy Halo Reach...

Translated Twitter
    “On November 20th, the 11 goods I designed for use with the 3DS will go on sale simultaneously. Those of you buying the 3DS, please buy them while you’re at it! This will be officially announced on the homepage eventually, lol. Best regards.”

Above is a Twitter of an employee of Keys Factory, he was hinting about 3DS Release date, which is in 2 months in Japan. We don't know if it's genuine or not (the twitter is), but for sure that the tweet has already been deleted. So no points to find the real tweet.
    Keys Factory was known as DS/Wii/PSP accessories, and worked with Nintendo to create the Human Tetris Style game.
    Can't post the source as it's a piracy-related website.

Seems pretty cool to me. Now I only need to get some money.

Can't post the source as it's a piracy-related website.

Seems pretty cool to me. Now I only need to get some money.
    You can still post the source. We're not discussing how to pirate anything.

If it's true that's pretty cool. Might see it in North America before Christmas.

But I thought anything piracy related (even if the actual content of what you source is not) was strictly forbidden here?

But I thought anything piracy related (even if the actual content of what you source is not) was strictly forbidden here?
    You can talk about it, just not how to do it.

C_L

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

The leak is important information, you can't tell somone to stop discussing it if it has nothing to do with piracy. At least I think so...........................

Don't let us down, Nintendo! Release it before Christmas in USA!
    3DS FC (Pokemon X): 1848-1667-7668
    Friend safari is Ice with Snorunt, Beartic, and Cloyster. Looking for Dragon safaris, safaris with Whirlipede or Espurr, and Y-exclusive Mega Stones.

Shiny Chains (D/P): Ralts, Magnemite, Beldum
    Targets: Shinx
    Shiny Chains (X/Y): None
    Targets: Clauncher/Clawitzer, Swirlix, Smeargle

Another "leak" in a Japanese Newspaper stated that Paper Mario 3DS will be released by the end of the year, thus pointing once more at a release in 2010.
    ....why would they release Kirby, DK, Mario Collection, Pokemon, and the 3DS wihin four monthes of eachother though?
    Events:
    On a 3rd Gen Game (Temporarily Unavailable for Trade-Missing DS with a GBA Slot): Bonus Disk Jirachi, 10 ANIV Celebi, 10 ANIV Typhlosion, 10 ANIV Suicune, 10 ANIV Espeon, MYSTRY Mew, XD Lugia
    On a 4th Gen Game: ALAMOS Darkrai, Japanese Member Card Darkrai, Zoroark Movie Scizor, 11219 Mew, NZ Jirachi, Japanese Regigagas to activate the event
    On a 5th Gen Game: GAMESTOP Suicune, May 2012 Darkrai x 3, June 2012 Victini x 2, Spring 2012 Reshiram, Spring 2012 Zekrom, 2012 Arceus, Liberty Island Victini

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    ....why would they release Kirby, DK, Mario Collection, Pokemon, and the 3DS wihin four monthes of eachother though?
    Though there will certainly be people who elect to play it on their newly-minted 3DS, Pokémon isn't a 3DS title, so you can take that off the list.

The other three are Wii titles and Mario Collection is a budget anniversary title, and one that's basically just a SNES title on a Wii disc with some nice hard-copy extras at that.

So what's the confusion...?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Okay, here's the source.

Don't blame me if it isn't allowed after all.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Though there will certainly be people who elect to play it on their newly-minted 3DS, Pokémon isn't a 3DS title, so you can take that off the list.

The other three are Wii titles and Mario Collection is a budget anniversary title, and one that's basically just a SNES title on a Wii disc with some nice hard-copy extras at that.

So what's the confusion...?
    It simply puzzles me that they'd release several titles that will surely sell well at the same time, thus making buyers choose between different titles, rather than having a bigger gap between releases.
    Events:
    On a 3rd Gen Game (Temporarily Unavailable for Trade-Missing DS with a GBA Slot): Bonus Disk Jirachi, 10 ANIV Celebi, 10 ANIV Typhlosion, 10 ANIV Suicune, 10 ANIV Espeon, MYSTRY Mew, XD Lugia
    On a 4th Gen Game: ALAMOS Darkrai, Japanese Member Card Darkrai, Zoroark Movie Scizor, 11219 Mew, NZ Jirachi, Japanese Regigagas to activate the event
    On a 5th Gen Game: GAMESTOP Suicune, May 2012 Darkrai x 3, June 2012 Victini x 2, Spring 2012 Reshiram, Spring 2012 Zekrom, 2012 Arceus, Liberty Island Victini

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    It simply puzzles me that they'd release several titles that will surely sell well at the same time, thus making buyers choose between different titles, rather than having a bigger gap between releases.
    As mentioned, Pokémon Black/White is a DS title, while the others are for the Wii, which is part of your answer right there. In addition to that, it comes out in a matter of days, September 18.

Mario Collection is a budget anniversary title, which has no bearing on anything. They assume, and rightly so I think, that no one is going to say "yeah, I have this SNES game re-released on a Wii disc, I'm good for the next six months, thanks."

DKC Returns and Kirby are being released a month apart (Kirby in October, DKCR in November), which is not at all uncommon with second-tier titles, because they again assume and again rightly so that if someone does elect not to buy both, it will not be because they already bought one, i.e. they feel that relatively few people if any will say "I don't want/need [DK/Kirby] because I already have [Kirby/DK]" and to tie into the Pokémon question, they again again assume and again again rightly so that if someone elects not to buy one or the other or neither, it will not be because Black/White just released.

Very little of this is odd.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Nintendo's setting up a huge holiday season.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Ahhh. I can't decide!!! 3DS or 360...

Quote Originally Posted by King World View Post
    Ahhh. I can't decide!!! 3DS or 360...
    Well the 360 is likely nearing the end of its lifespan. Where the 3DS is a new console.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs;
    Well the 360 is likely nearing the end of its lifespan. Where the 3DS is a new console.
    Well Microsoft said they expected at least another five years with the console.

Quote Originally Posted by King World View Post
    Well Microsoft said they expected at least another five years with the console.
    What they say and what they do is often completely different.

Page 30 of 522 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast