Page 339 of 524 FirstFirst ... 239289329335336337338339340341342343349389439 ... LastLast
Results 8,451 to 8,475 of 13099

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WindFlame View Post
    Not sure where I should post this, but this thread feels like the right place. I bought an iPod Touch last Thursday, and I almost bought a 3DS instead. Now I wonder if I made the right decision. The iPod Touch has bite size gaming, which is fun for a while, but there's really no depth. The 3DS has some pretty neat games out right now that received great reviews and have depth. My iPod Touch is always on lowest brightness, with push notifications and all apps cleared when I'm not using them, but the battery life is ridiculously short. I know this is the case with the 3DS as well, but I only planned to use 3D once in a while. Should I trade in my iPod Touch to GameStop with some games and DS Lite to purchase 3DS? Or did I make the right choice in the first place?
    I would evaluate how much I use the iPod Touch for non-gaming purposes. Then I would find out how much it would cost to trade in your iPod Touch and buy a 3DS. If you don't care to lose the things you use your iPod Touch for outside of video games, and if the cost seems reasonable to you, I would do it. If the battery life on the 3DS is too low for you, you can always buy a Nyko battery. Which is definitely worth it if you want more battery life and you don't have any accessories that would not be compatible with the 3DS.

A less complicated way to decide is to simply flip a coin. Say that if you flip heads, you go out and get a 3DS. Tails, you keep your iPod Touch. How you feel about the coin should help you in your decision tremendously.

|Pokemon Parodies|Newest Parody:"The Dog Who is Staying"|

Spoiler:

Not sure where I should post this, but this thread feels like the right place. I bought an iPod Touch last Thursday, and I almost bought a 3DS instead. Now I wonder if I made the right decision. The iPod Touch has bite size gaming, which is fun for a while, but there's really no depth. The 3DS has some pretty neat games out right now that received great reviews and have depth. My iPod Touch is always on lowest brightness, with push notifications and all apps cleared when I'm not using them, but the battery life is ridiculously short. I know this is the case with the 3DS as well, but I only planned to use 3D once in a while. Should I trade in my iPod Touch to GameStop with some games and DS Lite to purchase 3DS? Or did I make the right choice in the first place?
    Depends, I guess. I have both an iPod touch and a 3DS. Games on the iPod are 5 minute plays while the 3DS actually has great games. However, the iPod has superior internet for browsing which doesn't take like 2 mins to load like a 3DS, and you can watch videos on it. Music is also better on the iPod obviously. There may be other factors involved, but when it comes down to gaming the 3DS wins without a doubt.

Thought I wouldn't sell my iPod to get a 3DS, assuming I didn't already have one.
    I claim Larvitar!

If you're going to resell your iPod Touch, return it to the store you got it from. You should get a full refund unlike what they will give you at GameStop.

Thanks for the advice! I actually have an MP3 player for all my music so that could play a roll in my decision as well. The largest factor in me buying an iPod Touch was that my friend had one and said I should get one too. I do like being able to check FB without trying to get on the computer downstairs, but I only use Facebook when I'm bored, and if I owned a 3DS I wouldn't be bored. It's tough to choose who's pros and cons are better than the other, ya know?

There's really nothing special getting the 3DS for. The best games are 3D Land and Kid Icarus Uprising. If those two games make you wanna buy a $200 system then go right on ahead

Hey, the 3DS does have a web browser.

Dunno if its good with FB, though...

Quote Originally Posted by Endoplasmic Reticulum View Post
    There's really nothing special getting the 3DS for. The best games are 3D Land and Kid Icarus Uprising. If those two games make you wanna buy a $200 system then go right on ahead
    How dare you ignore Mario Kart 7, Tales of the Abyss, and SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked? And the crazy eShop games?

And I really want to play Ocarina of Time. I don't want to be "culturally left behind" I suppose. And if I do decide to go through with this I'm definitely buying a Mario game.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    How dare you ignore Mario Kart 7, Tales of the Abyss, and SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked? And the crazy eShop games?
    Two of those are ports and Mario Kart is already on every Nintendo platform that isn't the NES and original Gameboy so that doesn't really make it a system seller for most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Two of those are ports and Mario Kart is already on every Nintendo platform that isn't the NES and original Gameboy so that doesn't really make it a system seller for most people.
    I
    Excuse me?

Mario Kart is kind of sort of one of the biggest system sellers and one of the best selling series Nintendo has.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    There's a reason it's on every console after the NES and Gameboy. It is a system seller to many people.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Tales of the Abyss is reason enough to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Tales of the Abyss is reason enough to get it.
    =__='

Not really (to boot, it's a port)...

Read the reviews, look at what's to come, consider your fandom, and be aware of your wallet.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

30mins till the Nintendo 3ds confrence cant wait
    I claim Mewugirom and ultimate Kyurem Credit by BrutakaBlazikin

3ds fc- 2664-2274-9834
    Pokemon White FC-0347-1829-1770

Clans
    KI:U- [в˛κ] born 2 kill
    MK7- [tAF] team AlphaFreeze

Can't wait till Pokémon X and Y

It's tough to choose who's pros and cons are better than the other, ya know?
    3DS pros:
    Gaming

iPod touch pros:
    Everything else

A touch is a thousand times more capable and useful than a 3DS, and I say this as an owner and frequent user of both. Absolutely do not return/trade in the touch for a 3DS. If you really need both, start saving again and buy a 3DS when you have enough money.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    3DS pros:
    Gaming

iPod touch pros:
    Everything else

A touch is a thousand times more capable and useful than a 3DS, and I say this as an owner and frequent user of both. Absolutely do not return/trade in the touch for a 3DS. If you really need both, start saving again and buy a 3DS when you have enough money.
    Hmm...I dunno BCVM. I had an iTouch and I found myself barely using it at all. I'd definitely trade it in for a 3DS had I not given it to my brother who got it broken in the washing machine

I had an iTouch
    Don't call it that.

and I found myself barely using it at all.
    You really have to try in order to find yourself hardly ever using it. Are you telling me you never listen to music, never have any need to access the Internet, social media, e-mail, live information (weather, sports), never have ten minutes to kill with a quick game somewhere, never need to keep documents or a schedule or a calendar with you conveniently, or never have any need for the hundreds of other utility purposes such a device can serve?

The 3DS is a fine gaming machine, but again, gaming is about the only thing it does better than a touch. If someone bought one for the sole intention of using it as a gaming machine (a puzzling decision, at best) and wants to get value from it solely in that aspect, then there are plenty of deeper and longer games to be purchased for it, including three Sonic titles (only one of which is a port), any number of old Square titles and any number of original titles produced exclusively for the platform.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 7th June 2012 at 2:44 AM.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    =__='

Not really (to boot, it's a port)...
    No, you.
    Don't call it that.
    iTouch~

Don't call it that.
    Fine

You really have to try in order to find yourself hardly ever using it. Are you telling me you never listen to music[/quote]
    Yes but my personal tastes don't have me valuing that feature that much

never have any need to access the Internet, social media, e-mail, live information (weather, sports)
    When I go out, I often go to other places that don't have wifi and iPod touch's don't have data...

never have ten minutes to kill with a quick game somewhere, never need to keep documents or a schedule or a calendar with you conveniently, or never have any need for the
    hundreds of other utility purposes such a device can serve?
    I don't find myself taking advantage of those things that much

The 3DS is a fine gaming machine, but again, gaming is about the only thing it does better than a touch. If someone bought one for the sole intention of using it as a gaming machine (a puzzling decision, at best) and wants to get value from it solely in that aspect, then there are plenty of deeper and longer games to be purchased for it, including three Sonic titles (only one of which is a port), any number of old Square titles and any number of original titles produced exclusively for the platform.
    Yes but it's all about personal tastes. The iPod Touch has various useful things you can do with it but some people feel they don't need it.

I'm not saying the 3DS is better than the iPod Touch, it isn't, but you shouldn't automatically say no to him. If he doesn't find himself using it that much, he should definitely trade it in

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    No, you.
    Ugh...

10char
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I
    Excuse me?

Mario Kart is kind of sort of one of the biggest system sellers and one of the best selling series Nintendo has.
    Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    There's a reason it's on every console after the NES and Gameboy. It is a system seller to many people.
    Hm, I guess it's just me. I've never seen anyone buy a Nintendo system JUST for Mario Kart. It's never seemed like a "I HAVE TO HAVE IT" kind of game to me.

Well the 3DS conference just finished. Nothing we didn't know about but the trailers helped shed some light on the games. New SMB 2 looks good, definitely will be picking that one up. And Paper Mario has me intrigued, even though I've never played on before.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Well the 3DS conference just finished. Nothing we didn't know about but the trailers helped shed some light on the games. New SMB 2 looks good, definitely will be picking that one up. And Paper Mario has me intrigued, even though I've never played on before.
    WHAT?!?!? Dude you have missed out a lot. Find Paper Mario on the Wii store and start playing it. Then move on to Thousand year door and Super Paper Mario. If you like RPGs then you will love Paper Mario. Better than the SuperStar Saga RPGs for the GBA IMO.

I've also never played a Paper Mario game...

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonlink View Post
    WHAT?!?!? Dude you have missed out a lot. Find Paper Mario on the Wii store and start playing it. Then move on to Thousand year door and Super Paper Mario. If you like RPGs then you will love Paper Mario. Better than the SuperStar Saga RPGs for the GBA IMO.
    IMO Super Star Saga > every other mario RPG other than TTYD. The other two are inferior though...

Page 339 of 524 FirstFirst ... 239289329335336337338339340341342343349389439 ... LastLast