Page 35 of 526 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Arceus-sama View Post
    Did they say whether or not the 3DS is region locked? I really hope not cause even if its not 300 dollars its still expensive. and even though i'll probabaly have a better job then, buying more than one is gonna cost me. At least i have the time to save some money. I want to make sure I can buy it even if I move out on my own.
    I'm fairly certain all of Nintendo's console's are region locked. And even then, if you moved out would you leave the continent...?

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I hope virtual console gets a good amount of pokemon games. I would love to play through Hoenn (assuming they don't do remakes of course.) and FRLG, I was absent from the 3rd gen for much of the time and this gives me a great chance to feel it.
    EDIT: God, I hope it's true. All my excitement and anticipation will be for nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

The presentation can now be viewed dubbed with English audio.
    Last edited by Rhonin the wizard; 29th September 2010 at 6:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I'm fairly certain all of Nintendo's console's are region locked. And even then, if you moved out would you leave the continent...?
    no im not talking about moving out of the country. What i meant more specifically was moving out of my parents' house and to my own apartment where id have to pay all my bills which would mean i have less money for games and systems, so if they are region locked I dont want to have to spend 400+ dollars on both an american and japanese 3DS, so i can play games from both regions, not to mention buying stuff for the virtual console, because if Pokemon games are on VC, you know i'll be buying them. Some of the japanese 3DS games also look pretty awesome

So, what is the whole passing-by thing supposed to be? It shows in the trailer that the 3DS connects to other 3DSs on the streets, but never really explains what it's supposed to be.

Another thing: Will RE: Revelation be a prequel or a sequel to RE: 5? I haven't actually played RE: 5 but I know what happens with Jill, so what is this?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonin the wizard View Post
    The presentation can now be viewed dubbed with English audio.
    Is that actually Iwata doing the voice over?

... Holy ****, he acknowledged the Virtual Boy.
    Last edited by Clamps; 29th September 2010 at 7:28 PM.

Is Paper Mario 3DS a launch title? And are we going to get a name for it?

Quote Originally Posted by TehLulzMastur View Post
    So, what is the whole passing-by thing supposed to be? It shows in the trailer that the 3DS connects to other 3DSs on the streets, but never really explains what it's supposed to be.
    It exchanges various kinds of data.
    natie respect Takahashi Meijin. He is Champion. He can push a button continuously no less than 16 times in 1 second. It's sooooooooooooo great!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aurawarrior8 View Post
    I hope virtual console gets a good amount of pokemon games. I would love to play through Hoenn (assuming they don't do remakes of course.) and FRLG, I was absent from the 3rd gen for much of the time and this gives me a great chance to feel it.
    EDIT: God, I hope it's true. All my excitement and anticipation will be for nothing.
    There are no GBA games. It's only GB/C games.

Quote Originally Posted by Arceus-sama View Post
    no im not talking about moving out of the country. What i meant more specifically was moving out of my parents' house and to my own apartment where id have to pay all my bills which would mean i have less money for games and systems, so if they are region locked I dont want to have to spend 400+ dollars on both an american and japanese 3DS, so i can play games from both regions, not to mention buying stuff for the virtual console, because if Pokemon games are on VC, you know i'll be buying them. Some of the japanese 3DS games also look pretty awesome
    Ahhh. Well count on it being region-locked.

Quote Originally Posted by TehLulzMastur View Post
    It's Tag mode.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Aww ****, I just read. It's going to cost $300 as an opening US Price xP

That's more then any Xbox 360 (It's beyond sad).

Anyways, I was excited for it, but all of a sudden, I'm pissed. Anyways, the games look great, but not $300 great

$300?! That's ****! The Wii cost less when it was released and I'd say that the Wii probably had more than the 3DS. $175 would have been a good starting point for the 3DS. Hopefully they wont release a BW Third Version or any Pokémon Main Series Game until I can scare up enough money for it.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Where did you read that? I've read that the opening price in Japan is 25,000 Yen (I think), and it is equal to around 300 US dollars, but from what I've heard, that does not necessarily mean that the U.S. price will be $300.
    Team Rocket will pay for their crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    $300?! That's ****! The Wii cost less when it was released and I'd say that the Wii probably had more than the 3DS. $175 would have been a good starting point for the 3DS. Hopefully they wont release a BW Third Version or any Pokémon Main Series Game until I can scare up enough money for it.
    I can't believe it either. You might as well save up the extra money and buy a PS3 ($350) instead of a Handheld xP

What the hell was Nintendo thinking. NO ONE IS GOING TO BUY THIS UNTIL IT'S CHEAPER!

Well, I know one person, but that's not the point:

From what I heard, it will have Gamecube Graphics and Wii Graphics with 3D. Who CARES about 3D if it bumps up the price to be more then almost all the Home Consoles (PS3 is $350).

Anyways, had I known it would've been this much, I wouldn't have bought an XBox 360. Anyways, maybe Nintendo will reconsider their God Awful, ****ing price. This may turn out like the Philips CDi or Virtual Boy or even PSP Go (That's right, I went there).

Anyways, nothing can be none, here in the US, we have no power to convince Nintendo to change the price

Mew2: I didn't, but odds are, it will be worth that much in the US cause Nintendo knows they have Customer who would pay money for any of their products, good or shitty.
    Last edited by The Mewtwo Master; 29th September 2010 at 9:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mewtwo Master View Post
    I can't believe it either. You might as well save up the extra money and buy a PS3 ($350) instead of a Handheld xP

What the hell was Nintendo thinking. NO ONE IS GOING TO BUY THIS UNTIL IT'S CHEAPER!

Well, I know one person, but that's not the point:

From what I heard, it will have Gamecube Graphics and Wii Graphics with 3D. Who CARES about 3D if it bumps up the price to be more then almost all the Home Consoles (PS3 is $350).

Anyways, had I known it would've been this much, I wouldn't have bought an XBox 360. Anyways, maybe Nintendo will reconsider their God Awful, ****ing price. This may turn out like the Philips CDi or Virtual Boy or even PSP Go (That's right, I went there).

Anyways, nothing can be none, here in the US, we have no power to convince Nintendo to change the price

Mew2: I didn't, but odds are, it will be worth that much in the US cause Nintendo knows they have Customer who would pay money for any of their products, good or shitty.
    Source? Proof?

Quote Originally Posted by Empoleon Bonaparte View Post
    Source? Proof?
    I assumed, and I'm usually good at predictions. If I'm wrong, you can have a Ho-Oh for a Magikarp xP

Anyways, it'll probably be in the US:

$250-$300

Anyways, I don't care if anyone believe me or not, this is my prediction.

Aww ****, I just read. It's going to cost $300 as an opening US Price xP
    IWhat the hell was Nintendo thinking. NO ONE IS GOING TO BUY THIS UNTIL IT'S CHEAPER!
    Son, what have we said about going off like this without reading the rest of the thread first?

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Will retail for 25,000 yen in Japan, which equates to about $300 American but does not - read me, hear me, does not - automatically mean it will cost $300 when it launches in America. Please read this, learn this, know this, love this before you go off ranting about how expensive it will be.
    The main site pointed out something that I hadn't realized, that the Wii retailed for 25,000 yen at launch, the same as what the 3DS will launch at, and we got it for $250 and that included the cost of Wii Sports packed in (Wii Sports was not packed in with Wii units in Japan, just to clarify). That would mean, in theory, that exchange rates have since inflated by enough that we can't yet draw any conclusions about what the American price will eventually be. Food for thought.
    I assumed, and I'm usually good at predictions. If I'm wrong, you can have a Ho-Oh for a Magikarp xP

$250-$300

This isn't a prediction, it's an overreaction entirely on your part based on the current yen-to-dollar exchange rate. Calm down and start thinking more clearly, please.

Quote Originally Posted by natie View Post
    you said most, if not all, evidence pointed towards a release in the near(er) future.
    Pretty sure I never said anything of the sort.

But don't take my word for it. Let's go to the videotape. Roll film, boys!

*film reel noises*

They've been elusive at every possible turn about the release date. It's not at all out of the question that this sees release in time for the holidays. Just like it's not out of the question that it ends up a March 2011 release. There's literally nothing indicating one way or another right now.
    I repeat: the only thing we can be sure of about the release is that it'll be out sometime between October of this year and March of next year. To try and make the case one way or another right now is nothing more than a speculative effort, no matter how well supported.
    They haven't gone so far as to say the opposite, but at every possible opportunity, they've been completely noncommittal about the release date. The only reasonable conclusion at the moment is that it will be out "at some point" - to gravitate to one possibility or the other is a speculative motion.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 29th September 2010 at 10:09 PM.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

$250-$300

BCVM beat me to it, but yes. This is just mere speculation.

People should stop assuming.....seriously.
    Here's a look at past systems to get an idea why the price is generaly higher in Japan:
    Price for Nintendo DSi in Japan: ~169 dollars and it's on sale.
    Price for Nintendo DSi in the US: 150 dollars.
    Price for Nintendo DS lite in Japan: ~200 dollars.
    Price for Nintendo DS lite in the US: 139 dollars.
    Many games are just more expensive over there in yen due to the general cost of living and the higher yen rate these days.

Twin: PhQnix Bishie: Kurapica Cartoon Bishie: Freakazoid Pair: Leona

Samba Dinos don't need context.
    Xanga |Last FM

Quote Originally Posted by Skiks View Post
    People should stop assuming.....seriously.
    Here's a look at past systems to get an idea why the price is generaly higher in Japan:

Many games are just more expensive over there in yen due to the general cost of living and the higher yen rate these days.
    Phew. I really needed a post like that.

Sorry everyone, I'll stay off this thread now ._.

Did anyone see my posts? It's gonna be $300 US. It's got alot of features, so we'll just have to wait.
    Seriously, you guys keep pushing it down to the second page. Not fun for us. Mind registering so we can reach our goal of 35 players? Seriously, come on. Register pl0x. It's in the games forum just for future refrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Devastator2000 View Post
    Did anyone see my posts? It's gonna be $300 US. It's got alot of features, so we'll just have to wait.
    I won't believe it till we have an official US price listing. If you can point that out to me I will gladly agree.

Twin: PhQnix Bishie: Kurapica Cartoon Bishie: Freakazoid Pair: Leona

Samba Dinos don't need context.
    Xanga |Last FM

Devastator, unless you know 100%, please stop posting your speculation as facts.

It was at that Nintendo Confrence thingy. It's going to be $300 US. I do know 100%, because that's what they said at the Nintendo Confrence.
    Seriously, you guys keep pushing it down to the second page. Not fun for us. Mind registering so we can reach our goal of 35 players? Seriously, come on. Register pl0x. It's in the games forum just for future refrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Devastator2000 View Post
    It was at that Nintendo Confrence thingy. It's going to be $300 US. I do know 100%, because that's what they said at the Nintendo Confrence.
    Link? Video? Anything?

T_T Look at the posts back in this thread, please.

Page 35 of 526 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast