Page 357 of 525 FirstFirst ... 257307347353354355356357358359360361367407457 ... LastLast
Results 8,901 to 8,925 of 13114

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitarquake View Post
    I don't think you realize that this argument was about the screen size, not the D-Pad.
    My bad, I thought it was the comparisons between playing DS games on a DS and playing them on a 3DS as a whole. I do agree that screen size really shouldn't be an issue, unless you mention the DSi/3DS XL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

I am looking to get a new 3DS game before KH 3D comes out. Anyone have any other third party titles that are good and would be recommended to play?

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Lucario View Post
    I am looking to get a new 3DS game before KH 3D comes out. Anyone have any other third party titles that are good and would be recommended to play?
    What have you played so far? And what genres do you like?

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I have played most of the core Nintendo franchises and beaten them, a few of the third-party games I am looking at are:

- Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars - I am a fan of tactic/strategy games so I thought that it would be interesting to play.
    - Tales of the Abyss - It looks like an interesting RPG and I like the idea of the anime cutscenes, but I want to know how long it would take to complete the story?
    - Heroes of Ruin - Even though its not out yet it looks interesting and was wondering what other peoples thoughts about it are?
    - Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D - I tried the demo and kept getting killed by snakes and crocodiles so I pretty much gave up on it after that.

Tales of the Abyss can run you 100 hours if you play it right.

Tales of the Abyss (Took me 50 hours, and I skipped most of the side quests. Has New Game+)

Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy (It's a really fun homage to Final Fantasy, and it has been receiving some favorable reviews. Extremely replayable and has new DLC songs every two weeks so it never gets old)

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked (It's a Strategy/Turn-based RPG hybrid. The only 3DS game that I sunk over 100 hours into so far. Multiple endings, three of them with 5 hour epilogues exclusive to the 3DS version, and New Game+)

Resident Evil: Revelations (Relatively short gameplay compared to my other suggestions, but this game really pushes the 3DS's graphical capabilities and shouldn't be missed)
    Last edited by ForeverFlame; 9th July 2012 at 5:35 AM.

Not a real big fan of the Resident Evil games, to me they are just a bunch of overrated zombie games that lack any real creativity.

Not a real big fan of the Resident Evil games, to me they are just a bunch of overrated zombie games that lack any real creativity.
    At least beyond RE5. RE4 and below is where it's at.

Try Tales of the Abyss. I clocked in a about 90 hours on my first run-through, that includes a few quests and such. Really good game with a pretty cool story. The battle system, while a little dated compared to current Tales games is better than anything you'd find on the 3DS currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Try Tales of the Abyss. I clocked in a about 90 hours on my first run-through, that includes a few quests and such. Really good game with a pretty cool story. The battle system, while a little dated compared to current Tales games is better than anything you'd find on the 3DS currently.
    0__0

Take that back! In terms of hours, yes, it will eat up that much time and more. What are we looking for exactly?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Well I know im getting Heros of Ruin on the 18th of july. I would recommend Metal gear solid, i think the graphics are really good and the gameplay is fantastic.
    I claim Mewugirom and ultimate Kyurem Credit by BrutakaBlazikin

3ds fc- 2664-2274-9834
    Pokemon White FC-0347-1829-1770

Clans
    KI:U- [в˛κ] born 2 kill
    MK7- [tAF] team AlphaFreeze

Can't wait till Pokémon X and Y

I have played most of the core Nintendo franchises and beaten them, a few of the third-party games I am looking at are:

- Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars - I am a fan of tactic/strategy games so I thought that it would be interesting to play.
    - Tales of the Abyss - It looks like an interesting RPG and I like the idea of the anime cutscenes, but I want to know how long it would take to complete the story?
    - Heroes of Ruin - Even though its not out yet it looks interesting and was wondering what other peoples thoughts about it are?
    - Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D - I tried the demo and kept getting killed by snakes and crocodiles so I pretty much gave up on it after that.
    I got tales of the abyss 3 days ago and am around 13 hours in so I don't know how long is left, but I would highly recommend the game.
    If you haven't got access to MGS HD collection, you should try MGS3D, the game is very good and has new game +.
    I claim Larvitar!

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    At least beyond RE5. RE4 and below is where it's at.
    Revelations is beyond RE5, so no not everything after RE5 is crap. Leon's bits in RE6 are also looking to redeem the games existence.
    BLAH

I beat Abyss in around 50 hours, just going through the story normally, not rushing myself or anything. If you can find it it's the best game to hold you over.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Tales of the Abyss is awesome because (trying to be as vague as possible) there are two points in the game where you think "Oh my God this is the end," and it turns out that the end isn't even close. I mean, you uncover the entire world map about 1/3 of the way in, but the game amazingly still manages to carry on. Tales of the Abyss is definitely the game to buy if you want a 3DS game with a long-*** story. The only downside to TotA, really, is the awful 3D effects. But you can easily just turn the 3D off and it looks like a regular non-3D PS2 game, which isn't a bad thing at all.

Ever since the 3DS came out I have been wanting to see some other Nintendo franchises move onto this platform. I would like to see them make a new Metroid 3D, Golden Sun 3D (Dark Dawn left a pretty open ending for a sequel.)

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I beat Abyss in around 50 hours, just going through the story normally, not rushing myself or anything. If you can find it it's the best game to hold you over.
    That's good to hear siince I've been looking for a game that takes a while to complete. Especially if its handheld.
    I claim Larvitar!

xDoN904™ is offline ⓈⓅⒺⒺⒹⓎ★ⓈⓅⒺⒺⒹ★ⒷⓄⓎ

Yea Abyss is pretty good i manage to beat it in 46 hours without too much problems. Right now i am playing Theatrhythm Final Fantasy nonstop and i am working on the Ultimate difficulty songs and its pretty challenging since my reaction time messes up on the long run playing. Overall its worth buying imo.

3DS FC: 3523 2818 0917 X IGN: PsychoDon904 Y IGN: PsychoDon904

NOTICE: I just started my part time job recently and I don't have as much time to trade so on the weekdays I am available between 12pm - 3pm/11pm - 4am EST Monday - Friday and all day Sundays when I wake up.

Pokemon Y Is my main of the two with over 999:59+ Hours invested since launch.

Pokemon X&Y!!!
    FS type: Electric (Stunfisk, Electrode and Galvantula)

Y MM Tries: 11
    Current MM: N/A
    Successful MM: 3IV Deino (73rd egg)/3IV Honedge (433rd egg)/4IV Gible (8th egg)/5IV Goomy (8th Egg)/4IV(0 Spe) Honedge (100th egg)/4IV (0 Def....GARBAGE!!!) Pumpkaboo XL (12th egg)/5IV Machop (72nd egg)

Funny thing is, the Coin Block in NSMB2 was in SM3DL, too. It just was a minor, unmentioned power up.

|Pokemon Parodies|Newest Parody:"The Dog Who is Staying"|

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz14456_Whenwilltheychangeitback View Post
    Funny thing is, the Coin Block in NSMB2 was in SM3DL, too. It just was a minor, unmentioned power up.
    No one was talking about this, but regardless. The coin block in NSMB2 is different from the one in 3DL. It gives a lot more coins, and I don't think Nintendo has ever said it was brand new or exclusive to NSMB2.

I'm looking into Tales of the Abyss as well. I love RPG's and need something that will keep me occupied for a bit if I don't rush.

3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

Quote Originally Posted by Arcamenel View Post
    I'm looking into Tales of the Abyss as well. I love RPG's and need something that will keep me occupied for a bit if I don't rush.
    Even if you rush you're looking at 35-40 hours to beat it.

Hopefully by the time I've drained this game out, all the copies in CeX would be sold out and the price should go up. So I can get more for trade ins.
    I claim Larvitar!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitarquake View Post
    Hopefully by the time I've drained this game out, all the copies in CeX would be sold out and the price should go up. So I can get more for trade ins.
    Boo!

You sound like a reseller and you should be ashamed of yourself.

People like are why it's hard to find a copy of a tales game at a decent price.

Anyway I am thinking of passing up on buying New Super Mario Bros 2 until my little brother get a 3DS.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Boo!

You sound like a reseller and you should be ashamed of yourself.

People like are why it's hard to find a copy of a tales game at a decent price.

Anyway I am thinking of passing up on buying New Super Mario Bros 2 until my little brother get a 3DS.
    I only sell games when I get completely bored of them i.e. I don't play them for a very long time, or never will play them again.
    I claim Larvitar!

Page 357 of 525 FirstFirst ... 257307347353354355356357358359360361367407457 ... LastLast