Page 391 of 526 FirstFirst ... 291341381387388389390391392393394395401441491 ... LastLast
Results 9,751 to 9,775 of 13142

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    do u guys think that we will ever be able to play pokemon red/blue/yellow and/or gold/silver/crystal on the 3ds?
    If you're so annoyed by the colour, spray paint it (but be cautious while doing so)...wait...what Chris said.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    do u guys think that we will ever be able to play pokemon red/blue/yellow and/or gold/silver/crystal on the 3ds?
    This topic usually results in a heated debate, so we avoid it altogether. But IMO it's totally possible. Nintendo added wireless to Ice Climber NES so there's no reason why they can't do it with Pokemon on the GB/GBC (this is the only real barrier that's preventing them from being released on the VC - Pokemon is all about trading and the 3DS is incompatible with the old link cables obviously).

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    But IMO it's totally possible. Nintendo added wireless to Ice Climber NES so there's no reason why they can't do it with Pokemon on the GB/GBC (this is the only real barrier that's preventing them from being released on the VC - Pokemon is all about trading and the 3DS is incompatible with the old link cables obviously).
    Apart from the fact that it would require Nintendo to put time, money and effort to make the original Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal WI-FI compatible, a feat which isn't easy since it would require rewriting the game code.

So having said that the original Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You don't need to work at GameFreak to see the logic. Time is money, and it would be hard to justify doing all the work necessary. Sure, it's possible that they could be released, but it's also possible the world ends tomorrow.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    You don't need to work at GameFreak to see the logic. Time is money, and it would be hard to justify doing all the work necessary. Sure, it's possible that they could be released, but it's also possible the world ends tomorrow.
    I would think the money they would make by releasing a Pokemon game on the eshop would be very much worth tweaking the coding of the older games, no?
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Apart from the fact that it would require Nintendo to put time, money and effort to make the original Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal WI-FI compatible, a feat which isn't easy since it would require rewriting the game code.

So having said that the original Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop.
    Given how old and simple the programming is compared to a modern Pokémon game, the "feat" you just described is reduced to a mere inconvenience.
    Never assume anything in absolutes, unleless you want to look like that guy on Gamefaqs who said
        Spoiler:- Major spoilers for Black & White 2:
    Last edited by Eternalserenity; 10th October 2012 at 1:47 AM. Reason: Because my warning was too "casual" for some people

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSword7 View Post
    Given how old and simple the programming is compared to a modern Pokémon game, the "feat" you just described is reduced to a mere inconvenience.
    Never assume anything in absolutes, unleless you want to look like that guy on Gamefaqs who said
        Spoiler:- Major spoilers for Black & White 2:
    To the people who are wondering what's in that tag, beware. He just tossed a heavy spoiler for Black 2 & White 2 so casually.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    To the people who are wondering what's in that tag, beware. He just tossed a heavy spoiler for Black 2 & White 2 so casually.
    The spoiler tag is marked "Major spoilers for Black & White 2". Nothing casual about it. 'Twas a warning.
    edit: But since you're so concerned, I'll add an extra layer or two of spoilers.
    Last edited by Eternalserenity; 10th October 2012 at 1:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    I would think the money they would make by releasing a Pokemon game on the eshop would be very much worth tweaking the coding of the older games, no?
    It's certainly possible, but it's a risk. A risk not necessarily worth taking for a company. Especially since it's not a simple tweak.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSword7 View Post
    You shouldn't speak of things you know nothing about. The fact that it's older will work against it, it will make it all the more difficult to modify, especially adding something that wasn't even a consideration at the time. It's like with the 3D Classics, they stopped doing it because it required almost entire re-writes of the code. Games are coded for the systems that they are designed for, porting is hard enough, having to then add in a method of communication for hardware that didn't exist is a whole other can of worms.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

But... but that's the entire reason he labelled it as a "Major spoiler for Black/White 2". Granted, I clicked on it anyway, but that's only because I had I feeling I knew what it was already (which is because it was inadvertently shoved in my face while I was perusing Bulbapedia on an entirely different sort of page. Fuck them. And come to think of it, fuck Serebii, too, for putting the next/recent Japanese anime episodes right at the top of the main site). If something's labeled, and you don't want to know, but you look anyway, it's your own fault.

Also, why are people so intent on having RBY and GSC on the Virtual Console, anyway? Maybe the GBA games, sure, since you can't play them on current systems, but what's the point in re-releasing old games that already have updated versions available? I mean, I see some points (nostalgia, dead batteries in real copies of GSC, etc.), but on the whole it seems almost entirely unnecessary, especially given that they would have to put effort in to render them functional (regardless of how much/little it is).

On an entirely separate subject, I finally got a 3DS today, a refurbished red one from Best Buy. The only issue I've noticed is that it doesn't have an included memory card (or instruction manual, but eh), so I have a question: do I miss out on any added functionality (besides downloading games/whatevers from the eShop) by not getting a memory card?

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    On an entirely separate subject, I finally got a 3DS today, a refurbished red one from Best Buy. The only issue I've noticed is that it doesn't have an included memory card (or instruction manual, but eh), so I have a question: do I miss out on any added functionality (besides downloading games/whatevers from the eShop) by not getting a memory card?
    No, and you can download stuff anyway. SD cards are cheap though, when/if you need more space it'll be pocket change.

Anyone else looking forward to liberation maiden and nightsky?

Froakie master race reporting in.

REALLY SHOULD MAKE SPOILER TEXT BIGGER.

Fakk.

I'm temped to click it, but I'm only just getting to the 6th gym. Will I still be spoiled?

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    I'm temped to click it, but I'm only just getting to the 6th gym. Will I still be spoiled?
    Like a dead fish in the sun. (that means yes)

Yes. It's endgame spoilers. Not that you should care, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Depends, did you check out the gym leader's and elite four's new teams? If not, Shauntal now has a Drifblim as opposed to a Jellicent in round 1. Seriously, if you want to be mildly surprised, don't look it up. Sadly, I filled myself with every bit of info as Serebii delivered coverage each day. Anyways, back on topic...
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I don't really get the point of trying to hide yourself from spoilers in a game where the story is hardly the main focus. It's pretty predictable, anyway - defeat eight gyms, defeat evil team, defeat E4, defeat champion. That's just me, though.

Am I the only one interested in buying any of the titles Level-5 announced in the Nintendo Direct presentation, by the way?

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    I don't really get the point of trying to hide yourself from spoilers in a game where the story is hardly the main focus. It's pretty predictable, anyway - defeat eight gyms, defeat evil team, defeat E4, defeat champion. That's just me, though.
    I was thinking the same thing, but then I realized that we all have silly thing we don't wish to be spoiled over. For me, it would be Metroid games.

Am I the only one interested in buying any of the titles Level-5 announced in the Nintendo Direct presentation, by the way?
    If you're into Professor Layton, then no.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I was thinking the same thing, but then I realized that we all have silly thing we don't wish to be spoiled over. For me, it would be Metroid games.
    For me, it's Professor Layton games. Which is strange, because I didn't even blink an eye when I found all these spoilers about Inazuma Eleven and the Ace Attorney games, despite me wanting them too. =p

If you're into Professor Layton, then no.
    I meant Liberation Maiden, Crimson Shroud, and that other airport game-thingy. Or are they just for Europe? (but yes, I am into Professor Layton.)

Funniest post I've read in like a month

Quote Originally Posted by Aurachannellerchris
    I don't have the game, and I intend to get it, but couldn't resist clicking the spoiler anyway.
    I think I'm too stupid to understand what the spoiler is saying, because I haven't a clue.
    Thank goodness.
    I claim Larvitar!

Why must classic Pokémon games have wireless capabilities if they were to be released via the eShop?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitarquake View Post
    I don't have the game, and I intend to get it, but couldn't resist clicking the spoiler anyway.
    I think I'm too stupid to understand what the spoiler is saying, because I haven't a clue.
    Thank goodness.
    What, really? It requires basic reading comprehension.

Not going to lie, I found this funny.

I meant Liberation Maiden, Crimson Shroud, and that other airport game-thingy. Or are they just for Europe? (but yes, I am into Professor Layton.)
    If I recall correctly they will be released on the US 3DS e-shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitarquake View Post
    Funniest post I've read in like a month
    I know, hence why I quoted it in my signature.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    Why must classic Pokémon games have wireless capabilities if they were to be released via the eShop?
    For trading, battling purposes and evolving certain pokémon. Do remember that a part of the Pokémon series is being able to trade and battle with other people.
    Last edited by blaze boy; 10th October 2012 at 9:49 PM.

Page 391 of 526 FirstFirst ... 291341381387388389390391392393394395401441491 ... LastLast