Page 397 of 522 FirstFirst ... 297347387393394395396397398399400401407447497 ... LastLast
Results 9,901 to 9,925 of 13033

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

So how do you guys feel about monster hunter tri ultimate?

Sounds like my 3ds purchase was validated. I will probably forget about b2w2 when it comes aroun, or any other game for that matter.

Its a shame the power pad pro got canned though, would have been awesome in unison with mh3u

Remember that rumor that the 7th game in a famous Square Enix JRPG series was being remade for the 3DS? Well, it turns out it was true.

Dragon Quest VII holds a special place in my heart because it's the longest JRPG I've ever played. 100 hours just to complete the main story, which is completely unheard of nowadays.
    Last edited by ForeverFlame; 30th October 2012 at 6:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    Remember that rumor that the 7th game in a famous Squaer Enix JRPG series was being remade for the 3DS? Well, it turns out it was true.

Dragon Quest VII holds a special place in my heart because it's the longest JRPG I've ever played. 100 hours just to complete the main story, which is completely unheard of nowadays.
    Never liked DQ but this is good for the fans. Hopefully it comes to the USA since I'm sure it would do well over here.

Still waiting for Square to remake a certain game from my childhood and not just for ios XD
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/21r0gk.png[/IMG]

Dragon Quest VII: February 2013
    Monster Hunter IV: March 2013

Anyone who knows Japan's taste in video games will know how extraordinary this is.

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/...-red-and-green

for those who got color confused from VLR

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    Dragon Quest VII: February 2013
    Monster Hunter IV: March 2013

Anyone who knows Japan's taste in video games will know how extraordinary this is.
    Yeah, PSVita can just give up now, pretty much.

Oh god Zero III is freaking hilarious XD

Lol @ the southern, to the crazy mannic bunny speech pattern. I love its pissed off voice too XD at one point it was even talking like this girl http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc...kiu8o1_500.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by The renegade View Post
    So how do you guys feel about monster hunter tri ultimate?
    It's a day 1 purchase for me.

Really hoping the DQ remake gets localised. D:
    I claim Larvitar!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitarquake View Post

Really hoping the DQ remake gets localised. D:
    Same here .

I could never get into dq, never liked toriyamas art style =/

Me as well, I'll be getting it on both Wii U and 3DS. Really looking forward to it.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    More like Playstation Mortis.

Quote Originally Posted by The renegade View Post
    Same here .

I could never get into dq, never liked toriyamas art style =/
    I don't like the art style too much myself, but I still enjoy the games.

Also how likely do you guys think MH4 will get localised? I'm pretty confident it will since it has online, which is mainly aimed at the western audience. I just hope it gets localised before the end of 2013.
    I claim Larvitar!

I don't like the art style too much myself, but I still enjoy the games.

Also how likely do you guys think MH4 will get localised? I'm pretty confident it will since it has online, which is mainly aimed at the western audience. I just hope it gets localised before the end of 2013.
    They've been pretty good about localizing recently, so it'll probably happen. But they could also make the decision based on how well Ultimate does.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

DQVII and MH4 will both be localized. DQVII might be a little tricker because the DS remakes flopped horribly, but the 3DS is so starved for JRPGs right now that DQVII (and by extension EOIV, DS:SH, BD:FF and SMT4) would do better business than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Oh you jest Vita has fun games like AC Liberations and...and...well...um does P4G count even though it is a remake? XD

Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    Oh you jest Vita has fun games like AC Liberations and...and...well...um does P4G count even though it is a remake? XD
    Even if it did count, what else does it have?
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    So many glitches that game has...well it is AC they all have funny glitches XD. I just really want a Megaman BN Collection for 3DS with 3D sprites,wifi net battles and streetpass for data and battlechips

Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    I just really want a Megaman BN Collection for 3DS with 3D sprites,wifi net battles and streetpass for data and battlechips
    I second this. And no stupid brotherband system like Starforce.

Recommended Vita games:
        Spoiler:- list:

Recommended 3DS games:
        Spoiler:- list:

Port or Remake

I'm missing a bunch of games, but you generally get the gist of what I mean. Owning a 3DS is a lot more rewarding than owning a Vita. I'm regretting buying one at launch like crazy. Hopefully Sony comes up with an ambassador program or something to make me feel better.
    Last edited by ForeverFlame; 2nd November 2012 at 12:09 AM.

I'm quite interested in getting Fire Emblem: Awakening, though I haven't played any previous games in the series before. What's it like? Oh, and what's its age rating in Europe?

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    I'm quite interested in getting Fire Emblem: Awakening, though I haven't played any previous games in the series before. What's it like? Oh, and what's its age rating in Europe?
    It's a turn-based strategy game, with a rock-paper-scissors weapon strength/weakness system, a lot of unique characters, many different unit classes and great storylines, though the final boss usually ends up as a dragon or demon or god/god-like creature. Also, if you lose a unit in battle, they are gone forever, you cannot get them back again.

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    As far as I know the age rating for Europe isn't known. I'd expect it to be a 12. It certainly does have some dark story elements in it like all Fire Emblem games.

My only Fire Emblem experience is with Sacred Stones(thank you Ambassador programme!). The thing that struck me most is how well each of the 20-30 playable characters were developed. They all have backstories, personalities and have 3-11 different endings each through support conversations. Its all the more painful if they end up dying. The game mechanics leave relatively little to luck(it outright tells you how much damage you'll do to an enemy before you attack) so its almost always your fault as well. It should be noted that all Fire Emblem titles have permanent death. You can turn it off in Awakening though.
    One things for sure is that it will eat up a lot of your time if you focus on the strategy. I spent about 30 minutes before every chapter looking up every onscreen enemy and planning my formation from the start to the boss fight. Each chapter took about 2 hours in the end.

I'd highly recommend the series. The unique and endearing characters mask a very solid turn-based strategy game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Just to note, the game seems to be getting a T rating in the US. But it could differ (by 'differ' I mean not get the equivalent EU rating, I am aware that EU doesn't use ESRB).
    Turn based. You move units on the map to attack. Enemies counter.
    Enemy phase they attack, you character can counter.

Physical weapon triangle Sword>Axe>Lance>Sword
    The magic triangle is absent from this game. (The GBA games had Light>Anima>Dark>Light, and there is an inner triangle among Thunder, Wind, and Fire but I'm too lazy to remember and it doesn't matter since it's not in this game)

This is the first English FE to include the 'Avatar'(People who have been keeping tabs on the japanese release probably call it 'My Unit') and the ability to disable permadeath.
    The Avatar system allows the creation of a player character. This is a bit different than how some games do it. (There aren't really any dialogue choces or character alignment, or anything.)

There is also the support system in this game. Most characters (of opposite gender) can reach a 'S' support, and get married. Otherwise it maxes at 'A'. (Support levels, least to highest, CBAS)

There's more to it but going over it all once is kinda overwhelming.

Serenes FAQ. There is a picture on one of the headers that look spoilery. But it really isn't it's a picture from the first chapter in the game, lol (You'll know it when you see it)
    http://www.serenesforest.net/fe13/faq.html
    Depending on your defenition of 'spoiler' you may not want to read it, but the first part on gameplay mechanics isn't spoilery.

If you're really sensitive don't go past section 2. Don't highlight Black bars/spoilers.

Classes(Type of unit a character is): http://www.serenesforest.net/fe13/class.html
    Last edited by lindsy95; 2nd November 2012 at 1:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lindsy95 View Post
    Just to note, the game seems to be getting a T rating in the US. But it could differ (by 'differ' I mean not get the equivalent EU rating, I am aware that EU doesn't use ESRB).
    Turn based. You move units on the map to attack. Enemies counter.
    Enemy phase they attack, you character can counter.

Physical weapon triangle Sword>Axe>Lance>Sword
    The magic triangle is absent from this game. (The GBA games had Light>Anima>Dark>Light, and there is an inner triangle among Thunder, Wind, and Fire but I'm too lazy to remember and it doesn't matter since it's not in this game)

This is the first English FE to include the 'Avatar'(People who have been keeping tabs on the japanese release probably call it 'My Unit') and the ability to disable permadeath.
    The Avatar system allows the creation of a player character. This is a bit different than how some games do it. (There aren't really any dialogue choces or character alignment, or anything.)

There is also the support system in this game. Most characters (of opposite gender) can reach a 'S' support, and get married. Otherwise it maxes at 'A'. (Support levels, least to highest, CBAS)

There's more to it but going over it all once is kinda overwhelming.

Serenes FAQ. There is a picture on one of the headers that look spoilery. But it really isn't it's a picture from the first chapter in the game, lol (You'll know it when you see it)
    http://www.serenesforest.net/fe13/faq.html
    Depending on your defenition of 'spoiler' you may not want to read it, but the first part on gameplay mechanics isn't spoilery.

If you're really sensitive don't go past section 2. Don't highlight Black bars/spoilers.

Classes(Type of unit a character is): http://www.serenesforest.net/fe13/class.html
    You certainly had fun writing all this.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

Page 397 of 522 FirstFirst ... 297347387393394395396397398399400401407447497 ... LastLast