Page 4 of 526 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Great news! Day one purchase for me and i knew this was inevitable. I'm interested in how this will affect pokemon games with 3d integration.

The World God Only knows

Quote Originally Posted by MetaPheonixPal View Post
    I read somewhere something about being backwards compatible with normal DS games, is this true?

And with this I'm guessing I'm going to have to keep my DS lite or GBA if I want to play GBA games? Or is there a chance that this 3DS will be compatible with GBA games?
    Yes it will play DS games. No it will not play GBA games. Nintendo made it clear with the DSi that they are no longer supporting the GBA.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I hope there is no analog, thos things always annoy me and they would probably make the DS thicker which is always a down :/ and the megapixels HAVE to be to upped. .03 is nothing compared to the average camera today which iirc goes up to 12. That is 400x better than the DSi. I'm definately not excpecting a 12 megapixel camera but at least 1 or 2 megapixels should be the minimum.

I have an old 3 megapixel camera and even then the quality is not something that keeps me satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by ijea4444 View Post
    I hope there is no analog, thos things always annoy me and they would probably make the DS thicker which is always a down :/ and the megapixels HAVE to be to upped. .03 is nothing compared to the average camera today which iirc goes up to 12. That is 400x better than the DSi. I'm definately not excpecting a 12 megapixel camera but at least 1 or 2 megapixels should be the minimum.

I have an old 3 megapixel camera and even then the quality is not something that keeps me satisfied.
    An analog stick really wouldn't increase it's size by that much, if at all. As for the camera, it's really a secondary feature. If you're really intending to take pictures with it you're doing it wrong. A real digital camera is smaller and obviously much better.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    That sounds terrific on paper, but it loses something if you try and translate that to reality. These screens, supposedly won't be anywhere near the size of the XL and may not be that much larger than what the DSi gives us.

With that in mind, what good are eye-popping graphics if the screens on which you're playing them aren't even 4 inches?
    Well you are basically only a few inches away when playing the DS, while with regular TVs you're ideally standing a few feet away. So in regards to perspective I'm not really seeing a difference.

And I don't see why that would be a bad thing either, I don't see why the quality (graphics) of a game should suffer just because the screens are small.

Think of it this way, watching movies in theaters is definitely a better experience but that's not stopping someone from buying a DVD and watching it on a much smaller screen.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Well you are basically only a few inches away when playing the DS, while with regular TVs you're ideally standing a few feet away. So in regards to perspective I'm not really seeing a difference.

And I don't see why that would be a bad thing either, I don't see why the quality (graphics) of a game should suffer just because the screens are small.

Think of it this way, watching movies in theaters is definitely a better experience but that's not stopping someone from buying a DVD and watching it on a much smaller screen.
    My point was that as the quality of the graphics grows but the display size doesn't, you lose visible detail, even if it's still there graphically.

I'll put it this way: if you took the best-looking title from the GameCube library and played it on a 4-inch screen, you don't think you'd lose some of the visible detail and intricacy of the graphics?

Just food for thought.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

The GBA is dead, sorry to break it to you guys. There's absolutely no reason for Nintendo to include them in the 3DS, and if they did, it would be by Virtual Console (so they can force you to buy your entire game catalogue all over again, yay!).

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    What exactly do you deem to be "precise" because if we're going reaction time here buttons react much quicker than analog sticks. Analog stick allow for greater movement, other than that there's not much.
    Yeah, that's what I meant.
    natie respect Takahashi Meijin. He is Champion. He can push a button continuously no less than 16 times in 1 second. It's sooooooooooooo great!!

My point was that as the quality of the graphics grows but the display size doesn't, you lose visible detail, even if it's still there graphically.

I'll put it this way: if you took the best-looking title from the GameCube library and played it on a 4-inch screen, you don't think you'd lose some of the visible detail and intricacy of the graphics?

Just food for thought.
    Perhaps but I really doubt they'd just port gamecube games over to the 3DS if it was capable of those graphics. They'd probably change a few things to make it look better for the handheld console. I mean super mario 64 DS looks pretty fine by being on a DS. Something similar (gamecube game wise) on the 3DS wouldn't be bad either.

I think as long as the game plays smoothly, I'm not sure the loss of detail would be that bad. And who knows since this is a 3DS were talking about any loss of details on a bigger screen would be made up for the "3D without glasses" part especially if it's anything like that one video of the DSIWare game of using the camera as a head tracking thing giving it sort of a 3D feel.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Obviously not the first to say this but it looks Gen 5 is gonna be in 3d!!

For anyone who doubted it i now have evidence......My sig says it all...i've been rolling with this idea since Gen 5 announcement.....oh yessss....i'm so happy

Credit goes to the very talented Skiyomi for this awesome Banner!!!!

I claimed Palpitoad.....yay???

Quote Originally Posted by BM14murph View Post
    Obviously not the first to say this but it looks Gen 5 is gonna be in 3d!!

For anyone who doubted it i now have evidence......My sig says it all...i've been rolling with this idea since Gen 5 announcement.....oh yessss....i'm so happy
    If that was the case why would Iwata say it was for the DS...?

If that was the case why would Iwata say it was for the DS...?
    So that he didn't have to reveal the 3DS prematurely?
    Onward! to the land of one variety!

Quote Originally Posted by supersarepi View Post
    So that he didn't have to reveal the 3DS prematurely?
    Then they could have just ignored what console it was on completely. Saying it's going to be on the DS means it'll be on the DS.

Wow, one year. Well, I'm hoping Genreation 5 is at least on the first DS. Then I'll think about buying it.

I'm worried about the 3-D. What if the graphics suck?

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Well, it shows better on a bigger screen, but you don't sit 30 cm from your TV screen, do you? You'll most likely be able to see just as much details on the 3DS than on a big screen with more or less the same amount of pixels.
    natie respect Takahashi Meijin. He is Champion. He can push a button continuously no less than 16 times in 1 second. It's sooooooooooooo great!!

Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post
    Wow, one year. Well, I'm hoping Genreation 5 is at least on the first DS. Then I'll think about buying it.

Well, it's supposed to have GCN type graphics, so, they should be pretty good. And it is (supposedly) being created with the help of NVidia, so they probably won't be any worse than the DSPhat/DSLite/DSi.

Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post
    They can't be any worse than the current DS. And since they're supposedly using an actual GPU now it's almost guaranteed they'd be better.

They can't be any worse than the current DS. And since they're supposedly using an actual GPU now it's almost guaranteed they'd be better.
    Please excuse my ignorance but what is a GPU?
    Onward! to the land of one variety!

Graphics Processing Unit. Graphics card, basically.

According to wikipedia, it's 'Graphics processing unit', check out the link for info.

If the 3DS has the same graphics as the current DS systems, the 3D might suck. But of couse I haven't seen 3D vision for N64 graphics. I really don't care about gprahics, but to make the 3D vision to it's best, you'll probably need better graphics than N64 graphics. Also, the pixels might become bigger and the graphics might look even worse than they are now. I do of course appreciate good graphics so having better graphics than the DS has now would be great. I love how they added a joystick, nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas666 View Post
    Well, it's supposed to have GCN type graphics, so, they should be pretty good. And it is (supposedly) being created with the help of NVidia, so they probably won't be any worse than the DSPhat/DSLite/DSi.
    Wow, GCN type graphics? Interesting. Hopefully they turn out good.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

I remember a a few weeks ago i read a post quoting a gamefreak employee who said that it had motion control was that statement fact?

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom champion Z View Post
    I remember a a few weeks ago i read a post quoting a gamefreak employee who said that it had motion control was that statement fact?
    It is not fact. Yet. Rumors say it has an accelerometer - not tantamount to actual motion control, for the record - but that's all they are for the moment.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Bigger pixels =/= blurryness... Have you compared a DSi LL to a DS Phat or Lite yet? It actually looks better...

Page 4 of 526 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast