Page 406 of 525 FirstFirst ... 306356396402403404405406407408409410416456506 ... LastLast
Results 10,126 to 10,150 of 13114

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

  1. #10126
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitarquake View Post
    Damn, I would never have guessed that by the way you type. I read that your parents wouldn't let you play games with higher age ratings, but in general, people shouldn't let age ratings scare them off.

    Unless of course it's something sexual or horror-based. Wouldn't want kids playing those. Violent games are fine with me though, I'm not one to rush off to join the army after playing CoD for an hour. I'm only 15, but I don't care about the age ratings at all. If it's a game that I want to play, I'll play it.

    If parents or ID are stopping someone from playing a game, then it's okay by me but if someone doesn't want to play a game by their own choice just because of a number on the box, that's strange, IMO.
    I think it's a psychological thing. Society conditions kids to follow the rules. While most do break the norm, there are those who continue to follow the rules. Thus, they are turned away from things they think are breaking the rules.

    Another possibility can be seen if we look another way. Kids may want to play M-rated games because it makes them look older. Those who don't want to play way just be content with their age and don't care about looking older.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  2. #10127
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Temsik Park
    Posts
    5,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    It's just an opinion, don't get so worked up about it. Fine then, let's try and bring some positivity back to this thread. What games are coming out in the next year that you would consider "good"?
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf? Not sure if it floats your boat, but it's worth mentioning anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitarquake View Post
    Unless of course it's something sexual or horror-based. Wouldn't want kids playing those. Violent games are fine with me though, I'm not one to rush off to join the army after playing CoD for an hour. I'm only 15, but I don't care about the age ratings at all. If it's a game that I want to play, I'll play it.
    Yeah, it depends on the content. I'd never play anything sexual or horror-based either, even if I had the choice to.

  3. #10128
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Hyrule Castle Town
    Posts
    1,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRecon View Post
    I think it's a psychological thing. Society conditions kids to follow the rules. While most do break the norm, there are those who continue to follow the rules. Thus, they are turned away from things they think are breaking the rules.

    Another possibility can be seen if we look another way. Kids may want to play M-rated games because it makes them look older. Those who don't want to play way just be content with their age and don't care about looking older.
    I'm talking about games that a person wants to play because it's a game they would like, but wont, because of the age rating.

    Say, I like Monster Hunter, which is usually 16 here, but I'm 15 so I'm too young. I want to play this game because it's fun, not because I want to look older. But I wont, because of the age rating.Also just to clarify I do play it regardless of age rating, and I'm 16 tomorow so it doesn't matter either way.
    I claim Larvitar!


  4. #10129
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    It's just an opinion, don't get so worked up about it.
    Except you were trying to pass your opinion as fact, also opinion aren't infallible so don't use "It's just an opinion" as an excuse.

    [QUOTE=Bolt the Cat;15375909]Fine then, let's try and bring some positivity back to this thread.

    You will be lucky.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    What games are coming out in the next year that you would consider "good"?
    Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate, Dragon Quest VII (Japan only at the moment), Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon and the 2013 Sonic game.

    Expect more to be shown off at E3 next year.


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

  5. #10130
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    and the 2013 Sonic game.
    And how can you say anything about a game in which we know nothing about?

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Expect more to be shown off at E3 next year.
    I couldn't be any more impatient for E3 2013 to come than I am now. And I still think they could've shown us something more than they did with E3 2012. This year's E3 was extremely disappointing.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  6. #10131
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    ...where DO I live?
    Posts
    865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    And how can you say anything about a game in which we know nothing about?



    I couldn't be any more impatient for E3 2013 to come than I am now. And I still think they could've shown us something more than they did with E3 2012. This year's E3 was extremely disappointing.
    Ugh, tell me about it. The only good game I noticed was Sleeping Dogs (or whatever it was called), and some YouTube guy, decently famous, had to pick out of a bad lot for most of the top 5 of the event. Then again, Halo 4 was actually pretty awesome.


        Spoiler:- Credits:

    I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

  7. #10132
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer X View Post
    Ugh, tell me about it. The only good game I noticed was Sleeping Dogs (or whatever it was called), and some YouTube guy, decently famous, had to pick out of a bad lot for most of the top 5 of the event. Then again, Halo 4 was actually pretty awesome.
    The only games I remotely liked from this year's E3 were Assassin's Creed III, Rayman Legends, and that new God of War game. And even then, none of those really impressed me. Everything else was kind of meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  8. #10133
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    593

    Default

    I've finally given in to the madness and started saving for a 3DS ;_; I didn't want to originally, because I recently bought a DSi (on day of BW release), but oh well. The reason I changed my mind is that future pokemon games are going to be 3DS (I believe) and Animal Crossing: New Leaf is 3DS exclusive -____- I think it goes without saying that I like Animal Crossing.


    Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile




    Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

    *credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

  9. #10134
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    ...where DO I live?
    Posts
    865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    The only games I remotely liked from this year's E3 were Assassin's Creed III, Rayman Legends, and that new God of War game. And even then, none of those really impressed me. Everything else was kind of meh.
    Hopefully, the Wii U is better than they showed it. I just might think of it for Christmas (I really have nothing else that I want).

    Quote Originally Posted by PocketMonstre View Post
    I've finally given in to the madness and started saving for a 3DS ;_; I didn't want to originally, because I recently bought a DSi (on day of BW release), but oh well. The reason I changed my mind is that future pokemon games are going to be 3DS (I believe) and Animal Crossing: New Leaf is 3DS exclusive -____- I think it goes without saying that I like Animal Crossing.
    Well, I sold my DSi to my sis for $60, got a little funds from my parents, and then used saved-up pocket change and got it the day that it came out. Honestly, I don't think I've had a day that I regret that decision. It's a really nice system to have, and all the kinds of games that it offers is just too good for me to pass up. In my opinion, it's a good investment.


        Spoiler:- Credits:

    I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

  10. #10135
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PocketMonstre View Post
    I've finally given in to the madness and started saving for a 3DS ;_; I didn't want to originally, because I recently bought a DSi (on day of BW release), but oh well. The reason I changed my mind is that future pokemon games are going to be 3DS (I believe) and Animal Crossing: New Leaf is 3DS exclusive -____- I think it goes without saying that I like Animal Crossing.
    Yeah. Join us!!!

  11. #10136
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Temsik Park
    Posts
    5,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PocketMonstre View Post
    I've finally given in to the madness and started saving for a 3DS ;_; I didn't want to originally, because I recently bought a DSi (on day of BW release), but oh well. The reason I changed my mind is that future pokemon games are going to be 3DS (I believe) and Animal Crossing: New Leaf is 3DS exclusive -____- I think it goes without saying that I like Animal Crossing.
    The DS is pretty much dead by now, anyway - the only upcoming releases are TV/movie tie-ins and the like, and the European Nintendo sites have even removed the DS section completely. It's about time. Besides, there are loads of great games upcoming for the 3DS, like Fire Emblem: Awakening and Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, as well as ones that already exist, such as Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask and Kid Icarus: Uprising.

    Also, just wondering, am I a little too optimistic to hope that PLvsAA will get localized in Europe? ;~;

  12. #10137
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    ...where DO I live?
    Posts
    865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    Also, just wondering, am I a little too optimistic to hope that PLvsAA will get localized in Europe? ;~;
    What's that? I haven't heard of it.


        Spoiler:- Credits:

    I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

  13. #10138
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    The DS is pretty much dead by now, anyway - the only upcoming releases are TV/movie tie-ins and the like, and the European Nintendo sites have even removed the DS section completely. It's about time. Besides, there are loads of great games upcoming for the 3DS, like Fire Emblem: Awakening and Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, as well as ones that already exist, such as Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask and Kid Icarus: Uprising.

    Also, just wondering, am I a little too optimistic to hope that PLvsAA will get localized in Europe? ;~;
    I saw a picture that was said about games they planned for the UK and that was one of them. funny enough EX Troopers was on it too even though Capcom said they were only doing a Japanese release. Not sure what to believe tbh

  14. #10139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nanami View Post
    I saw a picture that was said about games they planned for the UK and that was one of them
    Not quite.

    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    oh hey the neograf thread on this
    I'm deeply sorry for putting anyone's hopes up, but I was talking earlier with a former colleague (let's call him A), who had spoken with the guy who went to the event (B). But I've just talked to B and he can confirm that it was just a list of both upcoming games and titles released in other regions that may or may not come to Europe. No one confirmed any release.



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  15. #10140
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Temsik Park
    Posts
    5,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer X View Post
    What's that? I haven't heard of it.
    Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney.

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Not quite.
    Judging from the fact that PLvsAA got a dub name change despite there being absolutely no other need to, I'll still remain hopeful. =p

  16. #10141
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    ...where DO I live?
    Posts
    865

    Default

    Oh, that thing. Yeah, it's a good idea to me. A genius detective working alongside the greatest defense attorney in the universe (Twilight proved that).


        Spoiler:- Credits:

    I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

  17. #10142
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Temsik Park
    Posts
    5,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer X View Post
    Oh, that thing. Yeah, it's a good idea to me. A genius detective working alongside the greatest defense attorney in the universe (Twilight proved that).
    OBJECTION! Firstly, Professor Layton is a professor of archaeology, not a detective. Secondly, the greatest defense attorney in the universe is Atticus Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird.

    ...Sorry, I just had to say that.

  18. #10143
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Camelot
    Posts
    3,160

    Default

    ^ Did we read the same story?

    Im sorry Atticus Finch cant stand in the company of the likes of Sherlock Holmes and Batman.

    Classics man classics
    Last edited by arceus7; 20th November 2012 at 11:33 PM.

  19. #10144
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Temsik Park
    Posts
    5,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    ^ Did we read the same story?

    Im sorry Atticus Finch cant stand in the company of the likes of Sherlock Holmes and Batman.

    Classics man classics
    Sherlock Holmes =/= Defense Attorney
    Batman =/= Defense Attorney
    Atticus Finch = Defense Attorney

  20. #10145
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    884

    Default

    Is the Ace Attorney series any good?

    ~

  21. #10146
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Camelot
    Posts
    3,160

    Default

    Didnt you have detective there....

    Attorneys are a whole nother matter.

    Bet you have yet to see the likes of Harvey Spectre.

  22. #10147
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Temsik Park
    Posts
    5,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    Didnt you have detective there....

    Attorneys are a whole nother matter.

    Bet you have yet to see the likes of Harvey Spectre.
    No, I never said that. Unless you count the part where I said that Layton isn't a detective.

  23. #10148
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadeAce View Post
    Is the Ace Attorney series any good?
    They're very simple point and click adventure however the plots and characters are very well written and finding the lies within the testimonies is very satisfying. They're worth picking up. Last time I checked, the first 3 games are available on the Wii Virtual Console (or Wii U eShop) for a much cheaper price. I have to double check but I think the games might available on iTunes.

    Also, Wright is the best lawyer ever! Why? Because he's in a fighting game. Tell me another lawyer who's been in a fighting game.

    is given profiles of the cast of Street Fighter

    Nevermind.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  24. #10149
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    ...where DO I live?
    Posts
    865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    No, I never said that. Unless you count the part where I said that Layton isn't a detective.
    Dear lord, what have I started?


        Spoiler:- Credits:

    I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

  25. #10150
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Temsik Park
    Posts
    5,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer X View Post
    Dear lord, what have I started?
    Sherlock Holmes: Ace Attorney.

    And an off-topic discussion, too.

Page 406 of 525 FirstFirst ... 306356396402403404405406407408409410416456506 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •