Page 419 of 522 FirstFirst ... 319369409415416417418419420421422423429469519 ... LastLast
Results 10,451 to 10,475 of 13036

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    That's nice to hear, but... what kind of game is Code of Princess, anyway?
    To be more exact, or from what I've seen, it seems to be a side-scrolling RPG game from Atlus, who apparently is as good as 343 Industries, makers of Halo 4. I tried getting it tonight while I was out in the mall, but both the possible sellers were sold out xD

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer X View Post
    To be more exact, or from what I've seen, it seems to be a side-scrolling RPG game from Atlus, who apparently is as good as 343 Industries, makers of Halo 4. I tried getting it tonight while I was out in the mall, but both the possible sellers were sold out xD
    The hell? Atlus only localizes games, and it's not an RPG so much as it's a beat'em up with RPG stat upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    The hell? Atlus only localizes games, and it's not an RPG so much as it's a beat'em up with RPG stat upgrades.
    Well, that's what I was told.

Uhh no they develop too

Well, that's what I was told.
    Why would you compare Atlus to 343 anyway? They're nothing alike.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    Uhh no they develop too
    Atlus Japan, maybe, but Atlas USA is strictly a publisher and nowadays is barely even related to Atlus Japan, aside from having an exclusive contract to localize any games they wish to. They localize much, much more than games by Atlus Japan.
    Last edited by Clamps; 29th December 2012 at 4:28 AM.

Well, from what I can tell, they're two gaming companies that are on the side, yet they were praised for the work on some of their games.

Atlus Japan, maybe, but Atlas USA is strictly a publisher and nowadays is barely even related to Atlus Japan, aside from having an exclusive contract to localize any games they wish to. They localize much, much more than games by Atlus Japan.
    Ah my bad thought you meant Atlus as a whole.

Well, from what I can tell, they're two gaming companies that are on the side, yet they were praised for the work on some of their games.
    343 is new, they've made one game, and ported another. They are exclusively a Halo developer. As Clamps already mentioned, Atlus' USA branch is a publisher. The two are literally nothing alike.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Anyone brought a 3ds xl recently? Wandering when the promotion will go up for the free game download...

Soon I'll have you, after years and years XD

Free game download? What's all this now?

Free game download? What's all this now?
    I believe there was a promotion where if you bought a 3DS XL recently you got a free download of a full retail game.

That a promotion Nintendo put out or some retailer?

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

http://microsite.nintendo-europe.com.../termsENG.html

Official link, looks like im gonna be playin some Super Mario 3D Land.

EDIT: Nevermind, checked on my account and was able to select the game (SM3DL). They said they will send the e-mail code within the next couple of days. Perfect start to the new year!
    Last edited by HRRlion; 31st December 2012 at 11:21 PM.

Soon I'll have you, after years and years XD

Is that Europe only?
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    Is that Europe only?
    This promotion is valid for residents of the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Belgium, the Netherlands, Portugal and Russia.
    Looks like it's available in some Europe countries only.
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & ???

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

Still not enough to make me get a new one.

Aw yeah, first post of the year!

So the dude behind Mutant Mudds is getting worried about 3DS piracy.

http://joolswatsham.blogspot.co.uk/2...ds-piracy.html
    If piracy gets bad on the 3DS, we will have no choice but to stop supporting the platform with new games. Some say that piracy leads to more game sales, claiming that it enables players to try before they buy. ********. The percentage of people who will spend money on a game that they already got for free is surely very small – especially with so many “free” games already in the market. The line between what should/should not be free is getting very blurry.

If these hackers really want to mess with the guts of a 3DS, why not become legit developers for it and let the world enjoy their talents? Many of today’s great programmers used to be hackers back in the day. It is a great way to learn the craft. Putting ones efforts towards the creation of legit games instead of potentially crippling the market seems like a much more fulfilling path.

I thought they were still working on 3DS piracy?

Also he's completely wrong, there are plenty of DS and Wii games I wouldn't have ever bought if it weren't for piracy. Both Zack and Wiki and The Great Giana Sisters were games that I was on the fence about, but only bought because when I pirated them the games were good enough that I felt they were worth a purchase. If people are pirating a game and don't buy it afterwards, they generally weren't going to buy the game in the first place.

I thought they were still working on 3DS piracy?

Also he's completely wrong, there are plenty of DS and Wii games I wouldn't have ever bought if it weren't for piracy. Both Zack and Wiki and The Great Giana Sisters were games that I was on the fence about, but only bought because when I pirated them the games were good enough that I felt they were worth a purchase. If people are pirating a game and don't buy it afterwards, they generally weren't going to buy the game in the first place.
    Yeah, but companies will always attribute a single download to a lost sale.

But that's completely retarded.

But that's completely retarded.
    I will never disagree with you there. It's just the way things go.

I saw the free game as well. I was incredibly interested in it since I just received a 3DS XL for Christmas. Guess the US loses out again. Out of curiosity, what kind of SD card do you guys use in your 3DS? I am looking at expanding past the 4GB they gave me. I know 32GB is good enough, but if I going to pay for a SD card, I want to buy it one time only. I was looking at 64GB at the very least.
    PSN: DCCBruceWayneSAS
    3DS Friend Code: 5129-0459-2616

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Elliot View Post
    I saw the free game as well. I was incredibly interested in it since I just received a 3DS XL for Christmas. Guess the US loses out again. Out of curiosity, what kind of SD card do you guys use in your 3DS? I am looking at expanding past the 4GB they gave me. I know 32GB is good enough, but if I going to pay for a SD card, I want to buy it one time only. I was looking at 64GB at the very least.
    64GB wont work. The 3DS can't read SDXC.

A 32GB SD card should last the entire system's life provided you don't want to buy every game that will ever be made for the system anyway. 64GB would be nice, but it seems like it'd be overkill considering most games are barely scratching 1GB in the first place.

A 32GB SD card should last the entire system's life provided you don't want to buy every game that will ever be made for the system anyway. 64GB would be nice, but it seems like it'd be overkill considering most games are barely scratching 1GB in the first place.
    Alternatively, it might just fill up faster if you're the kind of people who likes dumping a lot of music files and 3D videos.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

Page 419 of 522 FirstFirst ... 319369409415416417418419420421422423429469519 ... LastLast