Page 428 of 522 FirstFirst ... 328378418424425426427428429430431432438478 ... LastLast
Results 10,676 to 10,700 of 13033

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysaries View Post
    Why wait? Price drop? The Pikachu 3ds XL will probably be hard to get then. I want a Pika but I'm not sure it's really worth it. You could get a ton of N64 games or a new computer screen (I don't need one, just an example) instead of another 3ds (XL) that doesn't bring anything real new to the table
    I'm not waiting for a price drop and I doubt they'll drop it any further now considering they dropped the 3DS by $80 shortly before the XL's release. Money is no problem for me I just don't have a good enough reason to go off and buy it right now.
    The only reason why I'm getting another 3DS is so that if the one I currently have breaks beyond repair I'll still have the ability to play since I'll have another 3DS. Granite for some that would be a good enough reason to, it's just not an absolute need right now just more of a want. As well I don't have anyone around me that has a 3DS and plays the same games as I do that requires two people to fully play/complete the game. When Pokemon X and Y are released I'll be getting both and since I only have one 3DS and no one else around I won't be able to trade over pokemon, etc. An like I said it's more of a want(of course) then a need atm, I'd like to have a back up but still be able to play without having to buy a new one or send it in for repairs.
    Which is why I'm waiting, especially for a special edition. They don't make many and can sometimes be hard to find if your not lucky. But Pokemon X and Y won't be released for another 9 months so it's not something I'm to worried about.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    -Super Mario 3D Land 2
    I'm sure this'll come eventually.

-Super Mario Sunshine remake
    While I'd love this, it'd be better suited to console I think.

-New Metroid game with similar gameplay to Prime and/or Fusion.
    Again, a better fit on console. I'd like a nice 2D sidescroller like the Metroids of old.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Arceus493 View Post
    It's not really easy to make a console smaller to put in a bigger battery, unless the console is more conservative/wouldn't be a battery hogger. Besides, isn't the 3DS (not the XL) small enough?
    They can use different battery technology to achieve it. The 3DS is a nice size, but it's not very comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonViper View Post
    I doubt this would ever happen but the people that have 3DS's should get a free upgrade to the 2 analog console if nintendo ever made it. Plus if you really look at it nintendo won't really be losing money from that because they would be gaining money from the Wii U sales.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Especially if they made Ruby and Saphire 2.
    lol
    I doubt this would ever happen but the people that have 3DS's should get a free upgrade to the 2 analog console if nintendo ever made it. Plus if you really look at it nintendo won't really be losing money from that because they would be gaining money from the Wii U sales.
    Hohohohohohhoho!

-Super Mario 3D Land 2
    I wouldn't be surprise if Nintendo announce that at E3 this year.

Not possible since the 3DS doesn't have analog triggers.

-Pokemon Ruby 2 and Sapphire 2
    If the 3DS get a Hoenn game it will be a Ruby and Sapphire remake not a sequel, beside what would a Hoenn sequel add, that Emerald didn't do.

-6th gen Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game with all 700 something Pokemon recruitable.
    Let just wait for Pokémon X and Y before talking about any gen 6 spin off game.

-New 2.5D/3D Kirby game with similar gameplay to 64 and Return to Dreamland
    It wouldn't surprise me if they do that.

Depend if Nintendo wants to do a Metroid game, since Metroid Other M bomb in sale and the fact that Nintendo didn't celebrate the series 25th anniversary.

Nintendo would gain all the respect they've lost from me over the years if they made those games happen. Especially if they made Ruby and Saphire 2.
    Interesting....

Not really, I thought it was a load of nonsense.

Pfft whahahhahaaha!

That isn't how a business make money, in fact it's the sure fire way to lose money.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    I refuse to rest until Nintendo releases a 3DS the size of GBA SP.

Man, that thing was small. Also sturdy; I've dropped mine down the stairs multiple times, and besides the outside being scuffed up, it works just fine.
    God no the GBA SP size was terrible as it felt awkward to hold and the thing didn't even have a headphone jack, unless you brought an adapter.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    While I'd love this, it'd be better suited to console I think.
    Yeah, you're probably right. The Gamepad would be pretty helpful as far as aiming FLUDD.

Again, a better fit on console. I'd like a nice 2D sidescroller like the Metroids of old.
    I don't see why they have to have another 2D Metroid on the 3DS, after all, they don't call it the 3DS for nothing. Maybe they could do something in 2.5D like Other M or something.

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Not possible since the 3DS doesn't have analog triggers.
    And why exactly is that so essential to Sunshine gameplay? While I admit that it would be unlikely, I don't see how a 3DS Sunshine remake would fall outside the realm of possibility.

If the 3DS get a Hoenn game it will be a Ruby and Sapphire remake not a sequel, beside what would a Hoenn sequel add, that Emerald didn't do.
    The thing about a straight remake is that it doesn't really give you a different experience from the original. So if you've already played the original, you don't really get much value out of it. If they were to do a sequel instead of a straight remake, they could enhance the game even further by changing the plot, storyline path, and Pokedex to make it feel even more like a modern day Pokemon game. And the nostalgia would still be there, old areas and characters would still appear, and the plot would resemble the old but be independent enough that you don't need to have played the original to follow what's going on. It's a better way for both old and new players to get a new experience out of the game.

At any rate, even if it doesn't quite happen now, I would like to see other Pokemon games get the BW2 treatment, I think there's a lot of potential in something like that.

Let just wait for Pokémon X and Y before talking about any gen 6 spin off game.
    I'm thinking a bit more long term as far as Pokemon is concerned, we probably will get a 6th gen Mystery Dungeon around 2014/2015ish. In fact, here's what I think the 6th gen timeline might look something like this:

2013- XY
    2014- off year that releases some 6th gen spinoffs (probably 6th gen Mystery Dungeon and Ranger), maybe even XY DLC
    2015- some sort of RS related game
    2016- another off year, more spinoffs
    2017- Z/XY2
    2018- another off year, even more spinoffs
    2019/2020- 7th gen (the 3DS' successor will likely be out around then anyway)
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 31st January 2013 at 8:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

There's no way gen 6 is gonna last 7 years.

Maybe 3 or 4, but not 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    And all Nintendo consoles are simply awesome when it comes to build-quality.
    I've broken the screens on all of my DS, DSi, and 3DS.

God no the GBA SP size was terrible as it felt awkward to hold
    You're putting too much hand into it.

Try holding it and pressing buttons with the same hand, and using your other hand to hold a beverage. It works.

and the thing didn't even have a headphone jack, unless you brought an adapter.
    eh

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

I did one for Wii U, so I may as well do one for 3DS, here's some games I hope we'll get over the next few years:

-Super Mario 3D Land 2
    -Pokemon Ruby 2 and Sapphire 2
    -6th gen Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game with all 700something Pokemon recruitable.
    -New 2.5D/3D Kirby game with similar gameplay to 64 and Return to Dreamland
    Ruby 2/ Sapphaire 2. Oh yes. Oh yes. Make it happen.
    Metroid on 3DS would be amazing, but a 2D one like Fusion/Super what be perfect!

I would also love to see a Donkey Kong game and maybe a Pikmin 3DS.
    All the other kids with the pumped up kicks you better run, better run...

If you want to see my Event Pokemon, PM me

If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    There's no way gen 6 is gonna last 7 years.

Maybe 3 or 4, but not 7.
    The way I see it, Game Freak has a choice to make in regards to generation length/timing. Either they need to start lengthening Pokemon generations more, or they're going to have to continue what they did with 5th gen and have multiple generations on the same consoles, because console generations certainly aren't going to be anywhere near 3 or 4 years anymore. I mean, the 7th gen of console has lasted about 7 years, so it's no wonder that 5th gen had to remain on the DS. And I think the former of the two options is probably better off for them, sure, you get Pokemon games less often, but it's better in the long run because then they can spend more time on them to make sure the quality remains high. Besides, Pokemon games have (in theory, anyway) infinite replay value, they have enough to keep you busy for 2 or 3 years and by spacing out Pokemon generations and new game releases, you can get more out of them. 7 years would be a bit more reasonable in that sense, then, because it matches up better with what's likely going to happen with hardware in the future, I expect the 3DS to last until about somewhere near the end of this decade.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 31st January 2013 at 9:36 PM.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

The way I see it, Game Freak has a choice to make in regards to generation length/timing. Either they need to start lengthening Pokemon generations more, or they're going to have to continue what they did with 5th gen and have multiple generations on the same consoles, because console generations certainly aren't going to be anywhere near 3 or 4 years anymore. I mean, the 7th gen of console has lasted about 7 years, so it's no wonder that 5th gen had to remain on the DS. And I think the former of the two options is probably better off for them, sure, you get Pokemon games less often, but it's better in the long run because then they can spend more time on them to make sure the quality remains high. Besides, Pokemon games have (in theory, anyway) infinite replay value, they have enough to keep you busy for 2 or 3 years and by spacing out Pokemon generations and new game releases, you can get more out of them. 7 years would be a bit more reasonable in that sense, then, because it matches up better with what's likely going to happen with hardware in the future, I expect the 3DS to last until about somewhere near the end of this decade.
    You're forgetting about the anime. I'm sure the fans (which includes me) won't be happy with five years of filler sagas.

I don't see why they have to have another 2D Metroid on the 3DS, after all, they don't call it the 3DS for nothing. Maybe they could do something in 2.5D like Other M or something.
    That might work, I just find that typically the free-roaming open-world type games like the Prime series are easier to navigate with a larger screen. Spritework is better for screens with limited space.

I've broken the screens on all of my DS, DSi, and 3DS.
    How did you manage that?

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    You're forgetting about the anime. I'm sure the fans (which includes me) won't be happy with five years of filler sagas.
    You don't matter in the slightest to Game Freak.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

You don't matter in the slightest to Game Freak.
    Hm, that's true.

They wouldn't have that problem if they gave the anime an actual plot.

Unless they did the smart thing and made the anime arcs short. Like a single region in 52 eps and just made new series whenever new main games were out. Not sure how the anime fanbase would react lol

7th generation discussion already? I can hear it already, "The designs look horrible!" Seriously, aren't we jumping the gun here? Pokémon isn't like Mario Kart where you can pick up and play. Competitive battlers will get their fill in generation 6 with Smogon's always changing tiers but casual players? Not a chance. If the achievement system returns, I can see RPG players constantly coming back for more. Otherwise, updates would be very handy, the more there is to do, the more players will come back for more. Maybe instead of event Pokémon just being handed out to you, a dungeon in the game gets revamped and you're forced to forge a path through the constant strong wild Pokémon and many brutal trainer battles to reach the end where a rare Pokémon lurks. Longlong story short, I think it would be best to keep this generation long and bulk up the games with updates along with some paid DLC here and there.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    7th generation discussion already? I can hear it already, "The designs look horrible!" Seriously, aren't we jumping the gun here? Pokémon isn't like Mario Kart where you can pick up and play. Competitive battlers will get their fill in generation 6 with Smogon's always changing tiers but casual players? Not a chance. If the achievement system returns, I can see RPG players constantly coming back for more. Otherwise, updates would be very handy, the more there is to do, the more players will come back for more. Maybe instead of event Pokémon just being handed out to you, a dungeon in the game gets revamped and you're forced to forge a path through the constant strong wild Pokémon and many brutal trainer battles to reach the end where a rare Pokémon lurks. Longlong story short, I think it would be best to keep this generation long and bulk up the games with updates along with some paid DLC here and there.

You sir/or lady get a cookie!

I have wanted the event Pokemon to be earned via a challenge not just something you download and oh this guy gives you it.

2019/2020- 7th gen (the 3DS' successor will likely be out around then anyway)
    Your math doesn't take into account that the 3DS is almost two years old right now, and will be two and a half years old by the time XY are released. Nine years is an exceedingly long lifespan for a handheld console, and I highly doubt the 3DS will make it that long. Besides, after the fiasco with BW2 being released on the DS (which, by the way, have sold about 52% as much as BW1), Nintendo will probably be pushing GameFreak harder to release Gen VII closer to the 4DS's launch window.

Also, why the two years for development for main series games? GameFreak's been cranking out a game a year since 2007; they have multiple dev teams, and I'm sure they're not worried about lack of quality or anything. Maybe a two year gap for the start of Gen VII, but probably not throughout the rest of the generation.

The anime has always followed the games' lead. If there was a 15-year gap between game releases, you'd have 12 years of filler sagas and you'd like it.

How did you manage that?
    The DSi and 3DS were separate instances, about a year after getting both of them. The DS phat broke with my 3DS.

EDIT: ermahgered Surrnurrh

i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

And why exactly is that so essential to Sunshine gameplay? While I admit that it would be unlikely, I don't see how a 3DS Sunshine remake would fall outside the realm of possibility.
    It was part of F.L.U.D.D control which would change how much water to squirt out depend on if you where pushing the L/R triggers all the way in or just slightly pushing it in.

The thing about a straight remake is that it doesn't really give you a different experience from the original. So if you've already played the original, you don't really get much value out of it. If they were to do a sequel instead of a straight remake, they could enhance the game even further by changing the plot, storyline path, and Pokedex to make it feel even more like a modern day Pokemon game. And the nostalgia would still be there, old areas and characters would still appear, and the plot would resemble the old but be independent enough that you don't need to have played the original to follow what's going on. It's a better way for both old and new players to get a new experience out of the game.
    It will be a new experience for the player who haven't play the original Hoenn game, furthermore everything you are asking for is what would be covered in a remake and still would appeal to the new and old players.

It worked for the Kanto and Johto remake and it will work for the Hoenn remake.

At any rate, even if it doesn't quite happen now, I would like to see other Pokemon games get the BW2 treatment, I think there's a lot of potential in something like that.
    I am sure that they might do it for Pokémon X and Y.

I'm thinking a bit more long term as far as Pokemon is concerned, we probably will get a 6th gen Mystery Dungeon around 2014/2015ish. In fact, here's what I think the 6th gen timeline might look something like this:

No Jb is right. There is no way that generation 6 will last for 7 years, it will last for 3-4 years and then boom gen 7 will be here, as it isn't possible to stretch a generation out to make it last 7 years.

If in 3-4 years Game Freak has to put generation 7 on the 3DS then they will do so, they showed that it worked for generation 5 so there is no reason why it can't work again.
    Last edited by blaze boy; 31st January 2013 at 10:40 PM.

And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

^ Best post ever.

Also adding that whole statement was basically wishing they'd do that so Pokemon doesn't have a drop in quality, which hasn't happened yet.

[
    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    I'm looking pretty far into the future for this, though. I don't think we'll get 7th gen until at least 2017, maybe even later than that depending on how long the 3DS lasts.

Your math doesn't take into account that the 3DS is almost two years old right now, and will be two and a half years old by the time XY are released. Nine years is an exceedingly long lifespan for a handheld console, and I highly doubt the 3DS will make it that long. Besides, after the fiasco with BW2 being released on the DS (which, by the way, have sold about 52% as much as BW1), Nintendo will probably be pushing GameFreak harder to release Gen VII closer to the 4DS's launch window.
    The DS lasted 7 years, so I don't think a 9 year lifespan for the 3DS is completely out of the question. At any rate, this is a rough estimate, and it depends on what happens with the hardware.

Also, why the two years for development for main series games? GameFreak's been cranking out a game a year since 2007; they have multiple dev teams, and I'm sure they're not worried about lack of quality or anything. Maybe a two year gap for the start of Gen VII, but probably not throughout the rest of the generation.
    1-2 years is a pretty reasonable gap between games, and we don't get a Pokemon game every single year either (in Japan, 2011 was an off year, while elsewhere, 2008 was). But maybe it could be more like this, though:

2013- XY
    2014- still an off year
    2015- RS game
    2016- Z/XY2
    2017/2018- 7th gen

And that would match up better with a 7 year 3DS lifespan. Still, the issue of Pokemon generations vs. console generations is still going to be equally problematic if they continue making console generations this long, so it's something to think about in the long run. But I'm getting a bit ahead of myself at this point, so I'll leave it at that.

It will be a new experience for the player who haven't play the original Hoenn game, furthermore everything you are asking for is what would be covered in a remake and still would appeal to the new and old players.
    No it is not. Straight remakes cannot diverge from the original game too much in terms of storyline and Pokemon available, but sequels can.

I am sure that they might do it for Pokémon X and Y.
    Okay, but what about Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh, they could benefit from a BW2 style sequel.

No JD is right. There is no way that generation 6 will last for 7 years, it will last for 3-4 years and then boom gen 7 will be here, as it isn't possible to stretch a generation out to make it last 7 years.
    DLC makes this very possible. Besides, I think expecting a Pokemon game every single year reflects a stupid sense of self entitlement, Pokemon games have a ton of replay value, and there is more than enough to do in the games to last you 2 years.

If in 3-4 years Game Freak has to put generation 7 on the 3DS then they will do so, they showed that it worked for generation 5 so there is no reason why it can't work again.
    Did it really? 5th gen reflected a step back for the series in several ways, removing many key features from the game like trainer rematches (though Vs. Seeker, phone, etc.), simplistic regional design, and bad Pokemon distribution in the areas (in BW2). It didn't really add much substance to the series, it merely took substance away from the series to make it feel "fresh", and I definitely got the feeling that 5th gen was doing little more than trying to tide us over until XY.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Also adding that whole statement was basically wishing they'd do that so Pokemon doesn't have a drop in quality, which hasn't happened yet.
    See above.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 31st January 2013 at 10:45 PM.

I'm looking pretty far into the future for this, though. I don't think we'll get 7th gen until at least 2017, maybe even later than that depending on how long the 3DS lasts.
    And at that point the 3DS will be 5 years old, there is no problem.

The DS lasted 7 years, so I don't think a 9 year lifespan for the 3DS is completely out of the question. At any rate, this is a rough estimate, and it depends on what happens with the hardware.
    That was because it was selling like hot cakes so Nintendo left it in the market to squeeze some more profit before killing off.

1-2 years is a pretty reasonable gap between games, and we don't get a Pokemon game every single year either (in Japan, 2011 was an off year, while elsewhere, 2008 was). But maybe it could be more like this, though:

2013- XY
    2014- still an off year
    2015- RS game
    2016- Z/XY2
    2017/2018- 7th gen

And that would match up better with a 7 year 3DS lifespan. Still, the issue of Pokemon generations vs. console generations is still going to be equally problematic if they continue making console generations this long, so it's something to think about in the long run. But I'm getting a bit ahead of myself at this point, so I'll leave it at that.
    That assuming Game Freak stick to that plan we have no idea what Pokémon X and Y will bring or what direction pokémon will go.

No it is not. Straight remakes cannot diverge from the original game too much in terms of storyline and Pokemon available, but sequels can.
    The Kanto and Johto remake are so different from their original counterpart that it feels like a new game for new player and old players.

They can and will do the same for the Hoenn remake.

Okay, but what about Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh, they could benefit from a BW2 style sequel.
    Kanto got a sequel it was called Gold and Sliver. Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh wrapped the story up leaving nothing left to explore. A sequel just wouldn't work.

So just drop the idea.

DLC makes this very possible. Besides, I think expecting a Pokemon game every single year reflects a stupid sense of self entitlement, Pokemon games have a ton of replay value, and there is more than enough to do in the games to last you 2 years.
    Why waste money on DLC when Game Freak can make a whole new generation and charge you full price for it.

Did it really? 5th gen reflected a step back for the series in several ways, removing many key features from the game like trainer rematches (though Vs. Seeker, phone, etc.), simplistic regional design, and bad Pokemon distribution in the areas (in BW2). It didn't really add much substance to the series, it merely took substance away from the series to make it feel "fresh", and I definitely got the feeling that 5th gen was doing little more than trying to tide us over until XY.
    Generation 5 sold by the bucket load, it clearly worked. As for the other gameplay design that you are complaining about that has nothing to do with generation 5 being on the DS, even if they where made for the 3DS Game Freak still would have made the same decision.

^ Best post ever.

That assuming Game Freak stick to that plan we have no idea what Pokémon X and Y will bring or what direction pokémon will go.
    True, but again, it's more of a rough estimate.

The Kanto and Johto remake are so different from their original counterpart that it feels like a new game for new player and old players.
    No it's not. Same story, same areas, same Pokemon (until postgame), and same dialogue do not make for a different experience from the original.

Kanto got a sequel it was called Gold and Sliver.
    Gold and Silver didn't expand on Kanto, though. In fact they did the exact opposite, they removed and downgraded areas making Kanto feel like a shell of its former self. No, I'm thinking Kanto could greatly benefit from having new areas added, giving the region some much needed variety and depth.

Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh wrapped the story up leaving nothing left to explore. A sequel just wouldn't work.
    You have no sense of imagination, do you? They can always add new characters, give old characters new motivations, create new areas with storyline significance (Kanto and Johto especially could stand to expand their storylines in this way) to make it work. And you're wrong about Sinnoh's story being wrapped up, they left the plot equally as open ended as BW1, especially if they continue Platinum's story. Cyrus is in the Distortion World, but Lucas/Dawn could very well have not even caught Giratina and left it to roam the Distortion World (making Giratina's capture not canon), or release it later on, so he could always find a reason to come back. Meanwhile, the rest of Team Galactic is still very much intent on continuing their goals, which could lead to a Galactic revival in a theoretical DP2. Anyway, they can always do something with the storyline, so that's not an issue. I was looking at it more from a gameplay perspective, and in that respect, the games could certainly benefit from something like this, especially older regions like Kanto and Johto which pale in comparison to more modern ones in terms of regional design and Pokedex distribution. Saying that it couldn't possibly happen because the storyline merely appears to be over is very narrow minded.

Why waste money on DLC when Game Freak can make a whole new generation and charge you full price for it.
    Well for one, DLC is a better way of slapping on minimal new content to an existing game than releasing a Pokemon Z which is almost exactly the same as X and Y but with a few new features, they need to start making games more worth it like they did with BW2. They can simply include any leftover ideas that they would normally make an entirely new game for as DLC.

No it's not. Same story, same areas, same Pokemon (until postgame), and same dialogue do not make for a different experience from the original.
    They added in new areas, updated the game mechanic, expanded the story, upgraded the pokédex for Johto and altered the dialogue. The remake are not 100% identical to the original.

Gold and Silver didn't expand on Kanto, though. In fact they did the exact opposite, they removed and downgraded areas making Kanto feel like a shell of its former self.
    But it did continued the story from Red/Blue that all that matters.

No, I'm thinking Kanto could greatly benefit from having new areas added, giving the region some much needed variety and depth.
    Which is what Fire Red/ Leaf Green did by adding the Sevii Island.

You have no sense of imagination, do you?
    I am writer I have a good sense of imagination.

They can always add new characters, give old characters new motivations, create new areas with storyline significance (Kanto and Johto especially could stand to expand their storylines in this way) to make it work.
    For what purpose though? It seem that all you want from a sequel is new area which can be easily be done in a remake, you're just being stubborn and refusing to accept that.

And you're wrong about Sinnoh's story being wrapped up, they left the plot equally as open ended as BW1, especially if they continue Platinum's story. Cyrus is in the Distortion World, but Lucas/Dawn could very well have not even caught Giratina and left it to roam the Distortion World (making Giratina's capture not canon), or release it later on, so he could always find a reason to come back.
    But why would Cyrus do that since he is trapped in the Distortion World and is the universe that he wanted.

Meanwhile, the rest of Team Galactic is still very much intent on continuing their goals, which could lead to a Galactic revival in a theoretical DP2.
    Go and play Platinum again and you will see that the ex member of Team Galactic have reform, with the exception of Charon who got taken to jail by Looker.

Anyway, they can always do something with the storyline, so that's not an issue. I was looking at it more from a gameplay perspective, and in that respect, the games could certainly benefit from something like this, especially older regions like Kanto and Johto which pale in comparison to more modern ones in terms of regional design and Pokedex distribution.
    Which can be done in a remake, I am still failing to see how a sequel will be any better.

Saying that it couldn't possibly happen because the storyline merely appears to be over is very narrow minded.
    Because it's the only reason why a sequel will exist Game Freak aren't going to make a Hoenn sequel add new areas but keep the story the same, they might as well call it a remake.

The only way for a sequel to work is that they would need a new story but at that point it might as well be a new pokémon game.

Well for one, DLC is a better way of slapping on minimal new content to an existing game than releasing a Pokemon Z which is almost exactly the same as X and Y but with a few new features, they need to start making games more worth it like they did with BW2. They can simply include any leftover ideas that they would normally make an entirely new game for as DLC.
    You make it sound like that Game Freak is forcing you to buy the third version, if you don't like what the game content you don't have to buy it.

^ Best post ever.

They added in new areas, updated the game mechanic, expanded the story, upgraded the pokédex for Johto and altered the dialogue. The remake are not 100% identical to the original.
    To some degree, maybe, but a remake cannot diverge too far from the source material, which is the problem. Sure, you can add new areas, but they're likely to merely be optional areas (like Rt. 47/48 in HGSS). You can't change the storyline path that much, which means you're stuck with whatever the original game did. In HGSS's case, for example, you're stuck with a tiny and linear Johto region with a shallow and open ended Kanto region right after. Imagine, if you will, Kanto and Johto were completely separated from each other and developed independently (meaning you'd only have access to one of them throughout the entire game), and you could explore previously unaccessible areas to the north and Johto's west, to the point where they have the size and explorability of Hoenn and Sinnoh. Imagine if you took a different path through Hoenn, instead of sailing south to Dewford Town, you had to skip it until you learned Surf, and instead simply continued through Rusturf Tunnel to Verdanturf Town.

Furthermore, remakes don't really do much if anything with the Pokedex, they like to keep it similar to the original. The only reason they even added any Pokemon to the Johto Pokedex was because they were new evolutions of Johto Dex Pokemon that they couldn't really restrict you from getting. But from a modern perspective, Kanto and Johto's Pokedex were both pretty terrible. There were less than 3 Dragon and Ghost type families catchable. There were little to no Dark and Steel types. There were a ton of Normal and Poison types. A remake wouldn't really fix this issue, but a sequel would. What if you could catch an Excadrill for your team in Kanto? What if you could catch a Garchomp for your team in Hoenn? And I mean, yeah, you probably could trade them over from other games (although you certainly couldn't for FRLG, which went as far as to deny any sort of Pokemon that didn't exist in the originals from being obtained until the National Dex was obtained), but it adds a lot more depth, strategy, and challenge if both you, the random trainers throughout the game, and the gym leaders and Elite 4 members had access to them throughout the storyline instead of merely in post game like a remake would do.

A remake may not be 100% similar to the original, but it's still a good 80-90% similar. Remakes cannot take these kinds of liberties, but a sequel can. I think there's a lot of untapped potential in the idea of sequels, and there's a lot more to gain from them in terms of design and gameplay.

Well, looks like everyone's getting along well.

Is anybody planning to acquire Fire Emblem this Monday? Seeing as though the demo was addictive, plus my 3DS is around two years old, I'm probably getting the bundle package.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

Page 428 of 522 FirstFirst ... 328378418424425426427428429430431432438478 ... LastLast