Page 429 of 526 FirstFirst ... 329379419425426427428429430431432433439479 ... LastLast
Results 10,701 to 10,725 of 13143

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer X View Post
    Well, looks like everyone's getting along well.

Is anybody planning to acquire Fire Emblem this Monday? Seeing as though the demo was addictive, plus my 3DS is around two years old, I'm probably getting the bundle package.
    I'd love to get it! I've played the demo and it was amazing. Only problem is, I may not have enough money.
    I'll put something here...eventually

Is anybody planning to acquire Fire Emblem this Monday? Seeing as though the demo was addictive, plus my 3DS is around two years old, I'm probably getting the bundle package.
    I was just getting excited, then I realised I live in Europe.

Damn you various languages, damn you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Fire Emblem: Awakening is coming out sometime in April in Australia, so it looks like I'll be late to the party... Again. Actually, I might just wait an extra month to get it as a birthday present so I can save $70. I'll just have to keep myself busy until then.

I'm getting it, I barely played the demo. I didn't want to have to play through the same levels all over again when I got the real thing. I just downloaded it to check out the graphics and gameplay.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Is anybody planning to acquire Fire Emblem
    I am still on the fence whether to get the game nor not, since I don't like how I have no control of my character in battle and I just watch them duke it out.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    I am still on the fence whether to get the game nor not, since I don't like how I have no control of my character in battle and I just watch them duke it out.
    You've never played a Fire Emblem game before, have you? You have all the control over your character, that's why its about strategy. You know exactly how much damage you'll do, how much your opponent will do, hit chance, crit chance what bonuses you'll get etc etc.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    You've never played a Fire Emblem game before, have you? You have all the control over your character, that's why its about strategy. You know exactly how much damage you'll do, how much your opponent will do, hit chance, crit chance what bonuses you'll get etc etc.
    This. The only instance that you'll be left watching unable to save your character is if it's the enemy turn and they attack you. But remember, you can view their movement and attack range and, provided you can reach them, find out how much damage they will deal or just run away if you don't want to take the risk.
    Provided you're a competent strategist, only long-range magic tomes, crits or enemies ganging up on you should pose a risk.

Unless of course you refer to how you only press a button rather than actively control your character and thus the battle. In which case, find a different genre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Bundle the whole way!
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

Yeah, can't wait for FE.

Now, to see if my GS is actually getting it on the 8th like they told me is another matter ;_;

Was worried that picking up my pre-ordered game 5 days late would compromise the availability of my artbook. So I decided to call the local Gamestop and ask if they could hold on to one for me.

Artbook secured.

EDIT: Also, I remember hearing in the background that they're gonna start distributing on the 5th rather than the 4th. Not that it makes anymore significance seeing as how we probably know this already.
    Last edited by Recon; 2nd February 2013 at 7:56 PM.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    Provided you're a competent strategist, only long-range magic tomes, crits or enemies ganging up on you should pose a risk.
    If you're actually competent, you really should factor those things in unless you want to get pissed off a lot, j/s

Since we're on it, while I'm completely stoked that Awakening is (almost) out, I'm also completely broke and likely won't be able to afford it for a while. Plus, my backlog is already big enough. But then again, this is Fire Emblem we're talking about. Hm...

I plan to get it and hope I can get it within the time frame of the free DLC.

3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

I just got a new 3DS and I'm currently playing through TWEWY (and I also picked up a Golden Sun game), but I'll give FE a go next week.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    Plus, my backlog is already big enough. But then again, this is Fire Emblem we're talking about. Hm...
    Just do what I do, accept you wont beat or ever play most of your games and then your backlog shrinks exponentially.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    I just got a new 3DS and I'm currently playing through TWEWY (and I also picked up a Golden Sun game), but I'll give FE a go next week.
    Golden Sun is good.

Golden Sun is good.
    Seconded. Ignore usertitle The music and graphics, along with gameplay were absolutely wonderful. The points of no return are quite bothersome, though, but still a great game.

On the topic of Fire Emblem: Awakening, my Gamestop told me yesterday that the game is being released here on the 5th, though it took at least 15 minutes for him to find anything in the database, so I'm hoping he's just ill-informed or something (It's only an extra day wait, otherwise, so no big deal, but still...). On the other hand, I've heard that most shipments are expected to arrive Monday as usual, so I'm going to stick with Monday.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    On the topic of Fire Emblem: Awakening, my Gamestop told me yesterday that the game is being released here on the 5th, though it took at least 15 minutes for him to find anything in the database, so I'm hoping he's just ill-informed or something (It's only an extra day wait, otherwise, so no big deal, but still...). On the other hand, I've heard that most shipments are expected to arrive Monday as usual, so I'm going to stick with Monday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    Also, I remember hearing in the background of my call that they're gonna start distributing on Tuesday rather than Monday.
    On the topic of Golden Sun, I liked Dark Dawn, but for some reason, I felt like it should have been longer, and given the number of dungeons it had, I expected a couple more bosses (couldn't they have used a giant snake for the Ouroboros? Or maybe something comprising all of the symbols of the zodiac at the end of the Craggy Peak Ruins?). I dunno, it may just be me though.
    Last edited by Recon; 2nd February 2013 at 9:23 PM.

Just do what I do, accept you wont beat or ever play most of your games and then your backlog shrinks exponentially.
    But then you feel sad for throwing your money down the drain.

except not really

On the topic of Golden Sun, I liked Dark Dawn, but for some reason, I felt like it should have been longer, and given the number of dungeons it had, I expected a couple more bosses (couldn't they have used a giant snake for the Ouroboros? Or maybe something comprising all of the symbols of the zodiac at the end of the Craggy Peak Ruins?). I dunno, it may just be me though.
    dammit

that's the one I got

I dunno, I thought it was quite good. The first two are better, but Dark Dawn is a fantastic game in its own right.

dammit

that's the one I got
    Have you played the first two?

Have you played the first two?
    Nope. I only got the double D because it was $12 and I've heard amazingly good things about the series from a few people.

I dunno, I thought it was quite good. The first two are better, but Dark Dawn is a fantastic game in its own right.
    It was definitely great, though I agree that there were many places that a boss fight should have been added. I personally feel, though, that right after the last point of no return, the end of the game was kinda thrown together in a rush to complete the game.

Nope. I only got the double D because it was $12 and I've heard amazingly good things about the series from a few people.
    You shouldn't be disappointed, though in case you haven't been aware of it yet, it's a painfully easy game, with the exception of a few boss fights. The game is definitely worth the $12 you paid for it.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

I'd recommend playing the first two first, since it a continuing story.

Is it really that necessary?

You should understand that it was entirely an impulse buy because it was dirt cheap; I'd rather not dump any more actual money on games than I have to, considering that I haven't even put DD in my 3DS yet, and I've got a couple of other games I'd like to play through first and such.

Is it still even possible at this point? I'd rather not go to Ebay...

I have actually played Fire Emblem Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones and I enjoyed some aspect of the game.

I think the problem is me expecting every JRPG to play the same.

Is it still even possible at this point? I'd rather not go to Ebay...
    If you have a Wii U just wait until Nintendo puts the Game Boy Advance games up on the Virtual console.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

I think the problem is me expecting every JRPG to play the same.
    FE isn't really a JRPG in the same vein as something like Final Fantasy, though. It's a tactical RPG, which is a whole different ballbeast in its own right.

If you have a Wii U just wait until Nintendo puts the Game Boy Advance games up on the Virtual console.
    I don't have one, I don't know when they'll be on the Virtual Console, and I already own Dark Dawn.

Page 429 of 526 FirstFirst ... 329379419425426427428429430431432433439479 ... LastLast