Page 430 of 526 FirstFirst ... 330380420426427428429430431432433434440480 ... LastLast
Results 10,726 to 10,750 of 13142

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    I have actually played Fire Emblem Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones and I enjoyed some aspect of the game.

I think the problem is me expecting every JRPG to play the same.
    Fire Emblem isn't even a JRPG. It's a Strategy RPG made in Japan.

There's a difference.

I am trying to decide which 3DS game to pick up next. Should I get Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate or Fire Emblem Awkaing(which comes out April for us Australians)?
    All the other kids with the pumped up kicks you better run, better run...

If you want to see my Event Pokemon, PM me

If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by empoleon49 View Post
    I am trying to decide which 3DS game to pick up next. Should I get Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate or Fire Emblem Awkaing(which comes out April for us Australians)?
    Which do you enjoy more, hunting monsters in an action RPG, or commanding armies in a tactical RPG?

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    FE isn't really a JRPG in the same vein as something like Final Fantasy, though. It's a tactical RPG, which is a whole different ballbeast in its own right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Fire Emblem isn't even a JRPG. It's a Strategy RPG made in Japan.

There's a difference.
    Well that clears thing up for me maybe I should give Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones another go now that I know that it's a Strategy/tactical RPG, since I really do want to play and enjoy the game.

I don't have one, I don't know when they'll be on the Virtual Console, and I already own Dark Dawn.
    Well don't worry too much, since I have a sneaky feeling that Nintendo will eventually put Game Boy Advance on the 3DS Virtual Console.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Just do what I do, accept you wont beat or ever play most of your games and then your backlog shrinks exponentially.
    Valid point. Though I think that still takes off only maybe 3 out of 15 or so, because most of them are games I really do need to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    On the topic of Golden Sun, I liked Dark Dawn, but for some reason, I felt like it should have been longer, and given the number of dungeons it had, I expected a couple more bosses (couldn't they have used a giant snake for the Ouroboros? Or maybe something comprising all of the symbols of the zodiac at the end of the Craggy Peak Ruins?). I dunno, it may just be me though.
    It definitely should have been longer, or at least the ending should've felt more climactic. That was the main issue with me, it felt like the game was just starting to really get going and then it was done. I mean, the first Golden Sun did pretty much the same thing, except once you caught up to the bosses, you pretty much knew it was the end, and continuing on was more surprising.

Is it really that necessary?

You should understand that it was entirely an impulse buy because it was dirt cheap; I'd rather not dump any more actual money on games than I have to, considering that I haven't even put DD in my 3DS yet, and I've got a couple of other games I'd like to play through first and such.
    It's probably not necessary, but it couldn't possibly hurt to play them, and they are, in my opinion, superior games (not to take anything away from Dark Dawn).

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Well that clears thing up for me maybe I should give Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones another go now that I know that it's a Strategy/tactical RPG, since I really do want to play and enjoy the game.
    This isn't a serious statement, is it? I can't tell.

Also, fyi, you've played what are indubitably the worst two out of the five that left Japan.

Is it really that necessary?

You should understand that it was entirely an impulse buy because it was dirt cheap; I'd rather not dump any more actual money on games than I have to, considering that I haven't even put DD in my 3DS yet, and I've got a couple of other games I'd like to play through first and such.
    Well, I guess in your case it's not really necessary, no.

Is it still even possible at this point? I'd rather not go to Ebay...
    Depends on your area I would imagine.

Get them both, they're both vastly different games. You'll have some time to play around with MH3U before Awakening comes out for you, and Awakening shouldn't take too long to beat so then you an just go back to MH.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    Also, fyi, you've played what are indubitably the worst two out of the five that left Japan.
    You're talking about Shadow Dragon and Sacred Stones, right? Because I know you're not implying Awakening is a bad game.

How is Sacred Stones bad? Shadow Dragon isn't either, so long as you know which of the few units don't have the **** stat growths. I finally managed to beat it last week. After four years of being put off by how terrible so many characters were.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

You're talking about Shadow Dragon and Sacred Stones, right? Because I know you're not implying Awakening is a bad game.
    You know me well. I also wasn't even counting Awakening in the five, since technically it hasn't been released overseas yet (and more importantly, I haven't played it and can't really judge it).

How is Sacred Stones bad? Shadow Dragon isn't either, so long as you know which of the few units don't have the **** stat growths. I finally managed to beat it last week. After four years of being put off by how terrible so many characters were.
    Sacred Stones isn't bad, but surely it doesn't beat out the other three games, does it? And I dunno, I was just never able to gather the wherewithal to finish Shadow Dragon, either (I think I got close, though. The, uh, bad guy was split into clones and holding Falchion or something?), probably because there was no characterization in the game. But regardless, it has more flaws than any of the other games, imo

Sacred Stones isn't bad, but surely it doesn't beat out the other three games, does it? And I dunno, I was just never able to gather the wherewithal to finish Shadow Dragon, either (I think I got close, though. The, uh, bad guy was split into clones and holding Falchion or something?), probably because there was no characterization in the game. But regardless, it has more flaws than any of the other games, imo
    I do agree with Shadow dragon, though not so much on Sacred Stones. Perhaps its because that it was the game that brought me into FE, I personally think it's slightly better than RD. There's more characterization in SS with all the Support Convos and the branching paths allows for two different stories to play out, though one has more story elements than the other.

In fact, I would like to see branching paths again in future FE games. And I'm also probably one of the few that's kind of miffed at the fact Joshua isn't present as Spotpass DLC, as he was one of my best characters in SS.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

I just realised that the Pikachu 3ds XL (in my country atleast) costs 2/3 of a Wii U premium edition... Now it just seems stupid not to wish for a brand new consol instead of a console I kinda already own... But it's still a lot of money so it'll have to wait until christmas :P

My FC (Y): 3995-6945-2972 (Fairy) ||Banner Credit to Sworn Metalhead!
    Trainer's Card ||
    http://9gag.com/chrysaries || Pokememes/Memebase||Battle FC: 3182 4147 0411
    Quote Originally Posted by 0LdSk00lMew View Post
    I'm not going to lie you have the best stuff around xD

I think Sacred Stones is one of the best of the five, almost as good as Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, definitely better than the 'original' (for those outside of Japan). Shadow Dragon is at an obvious disadvantage because it's a remake of the first game, so naturally ti's not going to be quite as good. You were relatively close, there are only 25 chapters and I believe you go to about 22.

Which do you enjoy more, hunting monsters in an action RPG, or commanding armies in a tactical RPG?
    I really don't know having never tried either of those games. Lack of 3DS online is making me lean towards Fire Emblem, plus I do enjoy strategy games.
    All the other kids with the pumped up kicks you better run, better run...

If you want to see my Event Pokemon, PM me

If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.

I really don't know having never tried either of those games. Lack of 3DS online is making me lean towards Fire Emblem, plus I do enjoy strategy games.
    Monster Hunter is better played over local wireless anyway. Much better with your friends around to yell at when they die because a Rathalos breathed fire in their face and they were too busy distracting it from you to dodge.

Monster Hunter is better played over local wireless anyway. Much better with your friends around to yell at when they die because a Rathalos breathed fire in their face and they were too busy distracting it from you to dodge.
    Well, I'm confirmed to get Fire Emblem after school tomorrow when it comes out, just because the demo shows me a well-made game with good graphics, interesting combat style, and good use of other nick-nacks. If Monster Hunter is praised enough, I may try it, but probably not.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer X View Post
    Well, I'm confirmed to get Fire Emblem after school tomorrow when it comes out, just because the demo shows me a well-made game with good graphics, interesting combat style, and good use of other nick-nacks. If Monster Hunter is praised enough, I may try it, but probably not.
    Monster Hunter typically doesn't get much praise, its improved over recent years, but its usually reviewed badly because its reviewed by people who are bad at it and they blame the game. They go in expecting some romp through some pretty areas where you swing a giant sword at some wyverns and they fall at your knees. It's not that at all. It's a beautiful game that requires real skill and thought and is far and away the most rewarding game I've ever played. Actually Dark Souls has that title, but MH is a close second.

Man, why are all the good 3DS rps Dungeons Crawlers or in First Person...

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Man, why are all the good 3DS rps Dungeons Crawlers or in First Person...
    The 3D really adds to the dungeon crawling experience.

But SMT4 is third person, and it has some open areas to go with the dungeons. So it's not all first person dungeon crawlers.

I do agree with Shadow dragon, though not so much on Sacred Stones. Perhaps its because that it was the game that brought me into FE, I personally think it's slightly better than RD. There's more characterization in SS with all the Support Convos and the branching paths allows for two different stories to play out, though one has more story elements than the other.

In fact, I would like to see branching paths again in future FE games. And I'm also probably one of the few that's kind of miffed at the fact Joshua isn't present as Spotpass DLC, as he was one of my best characters in SS.
    The branching paths wasn't bad, but I preferred what RD did, with you having separate armies to use along the separate paths, instead of just playing it through, with basically all of the same characters, twice.

Also, the lack of supports is seriously the only thing I can think of that RD did worse than any of the other games in the series (don't get me wrong, it's a big drawback, as they're a huge part of Fire Emblem, but it doesn't ruin the rest of the game). Compared to the first (aka seventh) Fire Emblem, Sacred Stones' story and characters fell kinda flat, and being able to play in the Tower/Ruins/skirmishes and visit shops whenever you want diminishes a lot of the difficulty. In my opinion, anywho.

I think Sacred Stones is one of the best of the five, almost as good as Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, definitely better than the 'original' (for those outside of Japan). Shadow Dragon is at an obvious disadvantage because it's a remake of the first game, so naturally ti's not going to be quite as good. You were relatively close, there are only 25 chapters and I believe you go to about 22.
    I dunno, I've heard good things about New Mystery of the Emblem, so being a remake of an old game isn't necessarily an excuse (even if it was obviously the reason SD pales in comparison to the other games). Like I said, I don't see SS as being better than the first one, but opinions. They are pretty close.

Monster Hunter typically doesn't get much praise, its improved over recent years, but its usually reviewed badly because its reviewed by people who are bad at it and they blame the game. They go in expecting some romp through some pretty areas where you swing a giant sword at some wyverns and they fall at your knees. It's not that at all. It's a beautiful game that requires real skill and thought and is far and away the most rewarding game I've ever played. Actually Dark Souls has that title, but MH is a close second.
    Monster Hunter doesn't get praised? Is Tri the exception to the rule? I'd always heard great things about it, but when I finally got it, I could just not get into it. Granted, I never did online, but the world seemed small, the battles were fairly tedious, and it didn't seem like there were any real goals: not my type of game. I just don't get the appeal.

The branching paths wasn't bad, but I preferred what RD did, with you having separate armies to use along the separate paths, instead of just playing it through, with basically all of the same characters, twice.

Also, the lack of supports is seriously the only thing I can think of that RD did worse than any of the other games in the series (don't get me wrong, it's a big drawback, as they're a huge part of Fire Emblem, but it doesn't ruin the rest of the game). Compared to the first (aka seventh) Fire Emblem, Sacred Stones' story and characters fell kinda flat, and being able to play in the Tower/Ruins/skirmishes and visit shops whenever you want diminishes a lot of the difficulty. In my opinion, anywho.
    I can agree that story was kind of one-note, and while some characters were one-note as well, there are a couple diamonds in the rough, most notably Joshua. I bet few were expecting his royal status when they first recruited him.

As for the ability to grind, I always like being extra prepared for every mission, so I didn't mind tower grinding as much. The skirmishes were also one of the only ways I could level the healers faster too, Torch is so useful.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Monster Hunter doesn't get praised? Is Tri the exception to the rule? I'd always heard great things about it, but when I finally got it, I could just not get into it. Granted, I never did online, but the world seemed small, the battles were fairly tedious, and it didn't seem like there were any real goals: not my type of game. I just don't get the appeal.
    Tri was around the time Capcom really started trying with MH in the west, before that they were not received well. Also, Tri is terrible. It's a stripped down version of MH, missing alot of stuff. Really bad example of the game.

Tri was around the time Capcom really started trying with MH in the west, before that they were not received well. Also, Tri is terrible. It's a stripped down version of MH, missing alot of stuff. Really bad example of the game.
    What about Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate? I'd really like to try that for Wii U provided I have a spare summer or otherwise boatloads of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    What about Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate? I'd really like to try that for Wii U provided I have a spare summer or otherwise boatloads of time.
    MH3U is good, at least in terms of content. Monster Hunter always goes through a series of content updates, MH3U is the last for MH3. All your weapon types are there, whereas there were quite a few missing in Tri, and you get all the areas from Tri as well as those added in Portable 3rd (The Japan only PSP game). Your gameplay is going to be the same as it was in Tri as far as I can tell, Wii U Pro controller seems nicer to use than the Classic Controller though.

I just pre-ordered MH3U for both 3DS and Wii U today, really looking forward to it.

I think I'm going to upgrade to a 3DS XL pretty soon. Does anyone have any recommendations for an XL screen protector? From what I've seen, the HORI one seems like the best, but I'd like to know if you think there are better ones out there. Also, do you think the top screen protector is really necessary? In the past, I've only used one for the touch screen, but does the XL scratch itself like the original 3DS models do?
        Spoiler:- Friend Code & Trade Offers:

Quote Originally Posted by GravityStorm View Post
    I think I'm going to upgrade to a 3DS XL pretty soon. Does anyone have any recommendations for an XL screen protector? From what I've seen, the HORI one seems like the best, but I'd like to know if you think there are better ones out there. Also, do you think the top screen protector is really necessary? In the past, I've only used one for the touch screen, but does the XL scratch itself like the original 3DS models do?
    I never had any issues with my 3DS scratching its screen, it would smudge but that's it. In any event, the XL solved pretty much all the design faults of the 3DS, there's no contact between the buttons and pads and the top screen.
    Last edited by Hydrohs; 5th February 2013 at 3:35 PM.

Page 430 of 526 FirstFirst ... 330380420426427428429430431432433434440480 ... LastLast