Page 435 of 526 FirstFirst ... 335385425431432433434435436437438439445485 ... LastLast
Results 10,851 to 10,875 of 13142

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Your comment is pointless, since we can actually play the game with out the Wiimote gimmick which put a lot off from playing the game.
    The Wiimote isn't that gimmicky. The game is still very much playable with or without it.

Which is why Nintendo is releasing it digitally on the E-shop.
    It's too soon for a rerelease.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Depending on the price, I -might- get it. I've never played the Wii version, and I've heard it's good.
    If you liked the originals, you'll probably like this. It's not quite the same, but it's good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Namely, if it's $30>, I'll get it, since I believe that's what the Wii version is retailing for now.
    Well new 3DS games typically go for about $35 IIRC, so that's what I expect the price to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Not necessarily. The Wii is (or should be) dead now, it's something of a hassle to play Wii games on the WiiU, and if it's too soon now, that doesn't mean it won't be when the game releases.

If you liked the originals, you'll probably like this. It's not quite the same, but it's good enough.
    I'm too young for the originals.

Well new 3DS games typically go for about $35 IIRC, so that's what I expect the price to be.
    I b'lieve the big titles go for $40, but I could see a rerelease dipping below $30.

Yeah but bolt the cat don't you realize it wouldn't be a Donkey Kong Country game if it isn't released for a handheld a few years later?
    BLAH

Anyone else exited for dream team? bowsers inside story was my 3rd favorite game. What are you hopes for the villian?

[spoiler]I want fawful back, with more of his SSS personality, IIRC he didn't die at the end of BIS[/spoiler]
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

It's not a damned Paper Mario game, so it's already good. Alpha Dream does make good Mario RPGs now.

So many 3DS games announced! Really excited for Dream Team! Mario Golf & Mario and Donkey both look pretty cool. Since I never got a chance to get DKCR on the Wii, I'll definitely get it for the 3DS, even though the Wii version is $30. Hopefully the 3DS version has some new features!

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

The Wiimote isn't that gimmicky.
    Yes it was since the Wiimote was the sole reason why the Wii sold by the bucket load.

The game is still very much playable with or without it.
    You can't play Donkey Kong County Return without using the Wiimote since shaking it did just about everything, which was one of the reason why some people just couldn't get into the game. Which is a shame because the game was amazing.

Not according to Nintendo, it isn't so your complaint is invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    It's not a damned Paper Mario game, so it's already good. Alpha Dream does make good Mario RPGs now.
    I find it so funny that Mario and Luigi Dream Team actually has a traditional turn base battle system that Paper Mario: Sticker Star didn't have. That alone makes it the better game.
    Last edited by blaze boy; 15th February 2013 at 1:51 AM.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

I would have preferred Dream Team go back to the SSS/PiT gameplay. I wasn't a fan of the 2D platforming in BIS, and I felt it suffered greatly from those sections. Fortunately it seems like they're keeping the battle system and at least some of the normal gameplay.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
        Spoiler:- Friend Code & Trade Offers:

The motion controls didn't feel gimmicky to me, they felt fine (I was playing with the Wii-mote and Nunchuck). I think it's more money in Nintendo's wallet look at Ocarina of Time, still fully available for $10 on the Wii Shop channel. No less, who needs that when you can pay more to have it in your pocket? Same can be said here but luckily, the price increase here won't be as steep. Now, everything is now button controlled which is a good thing since the motion controls did upset a good number. Most importantly is the 3D, if you have played Donkey Kong Country Returns before, you know how much depth the background has and from the video you can download of the eShop, it looks so much more lush. If there are two downsides, it's the possible lack of multiplayer (which isn't too bad) and the fact that this is a port.

That said, people who haven't played the game yet, swing on over to your local game store when the 3DS version comes out, you won't regret it. Plus, there will be fans of the game who will be willing to play it again on the go. I know I'm not one of those fans but this move doesn't bother me in the slightest. If there's something you should question, it's if this is what Retro Studios had up their sleeve their entire time.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    That said, people who haven't played the game yet, swing on over to your local game store when the 3DS version comes out, you won't regret it. Plus, there will be fans of the game who will be willing to play it again on the go. I know I'm not one of those fans but this move doesn't bother me in the slightest. If there's something you should question, it's if this is what Retro Studios had up their sleeve their entire time.
    I would sincerely hope that they have not been spending x amount of years, resources and hiring new talent for the sake of porting over DKCR

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    If there's something you should question, it's if this is what Retro Studios had up their sleeve their entire time.
    That in itself isn't terribly likely - Nintendo knows what they have in Retro Studios and wouldn't be putting them to work solely on this - but if you look at Star Fox 64 3D and Ocarina 3D, they both had smaller developers doing a fair amount of the heavy lifting on those ports. I suspect that's the case here as well.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    Yeah but bolt the cat don't you realize it wouldn't be a Donkey Kong Country game if it isn't released for a handheld a few years later?
    I hope you're joking.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

IMO more DKC games will follow if this is a success. Not to mention more Wii ports, which I'm also supportive of. Xenoblade 3DS? Yes please.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    IMO more DKC games will follow if this is a success. Not to mention more Wii ports, which I'm also supportive of. Xenoblade 3DS? Yes please.
    While that would be nice, not so sure there's really a correlation there. I don't think we should look at this as a possible first of many, but merely just a thing that's happening.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Xenoblade 3DS? Yes please.
    oh mah sweet aunt sally

if this were true

i would just lose it

and just start singing tmbg demos and dancing and crashing into walls and having heart attacks moreso than i already am

pleasepleasepleasepleaseooohhhhmmmaaaaiiiiigaaawww d

do it instead of Wind Waker Wii U

I'm getting so many 3DS games this year it's insane.

I think it may be more along the lines that they're trying to hold us off while the good stuff's in development. Kind of like how they're remaking Wind Waker to keep people busy while they're working on the new Zelda game for Wii U.

I think it may be more along the lines that they're trying to hold us off while the good stuff's in development. Kind of like how they're remaking Wind Waker to keep people busy while they're working on the new Zelda game for Wii U.
    Exactly. Now shut up and (port or not) play our awesome product!

Still can't wait for Mario and Luigi. Someone stated their annoyance of collecting puzzle pieces to gain a new special attack. I agree with you completely but I got an odd feeling they only apply to Mario. Did I like Bowser's Inside Story? It was a great game but I can't tell where it ranks on my list of top games as the day I got it, I played it from start to finish in one go. Oh, I felt horrible after that.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I find it so funny that Mario and Luigi Dream Team actually has a traditional turn base battle system that Paper Mario: Sticker Star didn't have. That alone makes it the better game.
    I dunno, I found Sticker Star to be pretty enjoyable. That being said, games I'm excited for, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, Etrian Odyssey IV, and Pokemon X/Y. There are others, but those are the ones that I'm ecstatic for.

As far as DKC3DR...well, I mean it's not like this isn't the first time this happened.
    Last edited by CyberBlastoise; 15th February 2013 at 7:04 PM.

Cyber's PC
    Credit to PikaPal_Lyra for the Banner

3DS Friend Code: 2320-7298-6586

Quote Originally Posted by CyberBlastoise View Post
    It is a completely original follow-up to the original Donkey Kong Country.
    Don't you mean the GBC and GBA re-releases of Donkey Kong Country?

Huh, watching the Mario and Donkey Kong trailer again, I think I'm gonna love it even more then I originally thought. Its the lemmings style ordering around the mini-mario's combined with Pipe Dream, and there seems to be SM64DS style minigames also included in the game. Those were really fun, and if we get at least 10 of them along with the main game, I seriously cannot wait to get it. Luigi's Mansion 2 is also looking like the sequel the original always deserved, if not something more.
    BLAH

It looks promising, but I don't know why they delayed it... I hope it is worth the delays
    『ポケモン不思議のダンジョン ~�� �グナゲートと∞迷宮(むげんだいめ� ��きゅう~』
    "I AM ERROR"~ZeldaII: The Adventure of Link
    Find me on the Pokemon TCGO forums, Fusemon, Pokefarm, and Chicken Smoothie! (Same screen name)

I AM A LEGIT SHINY TRADER, AND I ONLY TRADE LEGIT.
    I HAVE CLAIMED THE MASTER OF THE WINDS-TORNADUS!!!
    I FINALLY GOT A SHINY FLAWLESS ZORUA! YAY ME!

PROUD OWNER OF THE SECOND LEGIT SHINY RESHIRAM from the Mirage Spots in OR/AS. 11/26/14 on Japanese Omega Ruby. If anyone doesn't believe me or would just like to see it, it would be happy to battle you. PM me!

Digimon World Re: Digitize is coming to the 3DS! And I'm pretty optimistic that Bandai will bring it over. They're relaunching their Digimon merchandise in 2014 to coincide with Digimon Fusion and this would be perfect.

Now all we need is Digimon Adventure on the 3DS.

Digimon World Re: Digitize is coming to the 3DS! And I'm pretty optimistic that Bandai will bring it over. They're relaunching their Digimon merchandise in 2014 to coincide with Digimon Fusion and this would be perfect.

Now all we need is Digimon Adventure on the 3DS.
    Whoa! Where did you head that from?

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Whoa! Where did you head that from?
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...e-heads-to-3ds

As for Bandai relaunching Digimon, that was confirmed in one of Saban's flyers for Digimon Fusion.

Page 435 of 526 FirstFirst ... 335385425431432433434435436437438439445485 ... LastLast