Page 437 of 525 FirstFirst ... 337387427433434435436437438439440441447487 ... LastLast
Results 10,901 to 10,925 of 13108

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Okay, sorry for the double post, but new demos for Europe are up. Castlevania and MonHun3 Ultimate to be specific. Haven't played the latter yet, but I have played a bit of Mirror of Fate. And you know what? Screw the haters. I love Igavania as much as the next guy, don't get me wrong, but this new game, it might just be worthy of being a handheld Vania. The combat is solid, actually does work with the 2D feel of the game, and its not as easy as things are. Dodging works, and there is some difficulty in bringing enemies down. Abilities unlock with each level it seems, and EXP isn't gained easily. Starts you out at level 12 instead of 1, so I can see the game being really hard at the beginning, and in a good way. Some graphical niggles that are likely ironed out already, but otherwise its solid for now. Exploration verdict will come later, just started playing it. Exploration on first contact seems a bit simple. Not overly simple to the point of boring, but simple that will likely unfold into something. If the game opens up like this for all 3 characters I would not mind, as even with the 1 character I'm having a lot of fun. Willy nilly dropping from top to bottom has been taken out, if you drop all the way down you lose health. I like stuff like that, so this is all subjective of course. Scratch that, it does open up after the first level. Objective marker is to guide you, but there are sidetracking areas if you want. The demo sold me for sure. Music is gonna need headphones though, 3DS speaker compression is ruining a solid soundtrack.
    Last edited by mitchman_93; 21st February 2013 at 6:29 PM.
    BLAH

2013 is an insane year for the 3DS in Japan. All it's really lacking is Final Fantasy when it comes to megaton JRPG series.

Downloading MH3U as I type. Really looking forward to this.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Finally getting my 3DS back from repairs tomorrow, hopefully. I'm going to have to try out EO4 and MH3U, even though I wasn't really hooked by Tri.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    Finally getting my 3DS back from repairs tomorrow, hopefully. I'm going to have to try out EO4 and MH3U, even though I wasn't really hooked by Tri.
    Forget everything about Tri. It's a bad game. Missing a lot of content that's usually in MH.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

If you're basing that on the demo, farming for items and complex moves were somewhat missing from it, not the game itself. Unless I'm missing something...
    BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    If you're basing that on the demo, farming for items and complex moves were somewhat missing from it, not the game itself. Unless I'm missing something...
    It had way less monsters than usual, not to mention only half the weapon types. You don't even start out with all the available weapon types at your disposal. It's just not very good.

Monster hunter Tri is a good game... Just wish the special MH 3DS came to the U.S...
    『ポケモン不思議のダンジョン ~�� �グナゲートと∞迷宮(むげんだいめ� ��きゅう~』
    "I AM ERROR"~ZeldaII: The Adventure of Link
    Find me on the Pokemon TCGO forums, Fusemon, Pokefarm, and Chicken Smoothie! (Same screen name)

I AM A LEGIT SHINY TRADER, AND I ONLY TRADE LEGIT.
    I HAVE CLAIMED THE MASTER OF THE WINDS-TORNADUS!!!
    I FINALLY GOT A SHINY FLAWLESS ZORUA! YAY ME!
    DON'T TRADE WITH Dj!/Dj2K HE SCAMMED ME OUT OF A SHINY FOR HIS SHINY MEW, WHICH WAS HACKED, AND WAS RUDE TO ME WHEN ASKED TO TRADE BACK!!! PM ME IF YOU HAVE ANY INQUIRIES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    It had way less monsters than usual, not to mention only half the weapon types. You don't even start out with all the available weapon types at your disposal. It's just not very good.
    Are you talking about Tri, or MH3U demo that just got released?

I've never played a Monster Hunter Game before I just downloaded the demo earlier today and played around with it for a while. Apart from it being just a typical demo I'm both impressed and dying to play the real thing. I messed around with all the classes except Dual Sword/Long Sword/Lance/and Heavy Bow just seeing what they all do and how well I am with them. I'm most likely going to get a CPP(I don't even care if this is the only game that uses it), but besides that I can't wait to play this game next month, that and getting Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
    Last edited by Zyon; 22nd February 2013 at 4:27 AM.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

Quote Originally Posted by Zyon View Post
    Are you talking about Tri, or MH3U demo that just got released?

I've never played a Monster Hunter Game before I just downloaded the demo earlier today and played around with it for a while. Apart from it being just a typical demo I'm both impressed and dying to play the real thing. I messed around with all the classes except Dual Sword/Long Sword/Lance/and Heavy Bow just seeing what they all do and how well I am with them. I'm most likely going to get a CPP(I don't even care if this is the only game that uses it), but besides that I can't wait to play this game next month, that and getting Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
    I'm talking about Tri. MH3U is fine, despite the water controls being next to impossible without a CPP. I'm disappointed the water combat was put back in, since its incredibly cumbersome but it's too late now. I'll have to buy a CPP XL whenever they release here.

If you're having trouble picking a weapon, Longswords are a great place to start. They're easy to use and are relatively forgiving. It's a good weapon to learn the game with, and then you can branch out later when you're more familiar with the monsters and environments.

There is a monster hunter WiiU coming out?!?!?
    『ポケモン不思議のダンジョン ~�� �グナゲートと∞迷宮(むげんだいめ� ��きゅう~』
    "I AM ERROR"~ZeldaII: The Adventure of Link
    Find me on the Pokemon TCGO forums, Fusemon, Pokefarm, and Chicken Smoothie! (Same screen name)

I AM A LEGIT SHINY TRADER, AND I ONLY TRADE LEGIT.
    I HAVE CLAIMED THE MASTER OF THE WINDS-TORNADUS!!!
    I FINALLY GOT A SHINY FLAWLESS ZORUA! YAY ME!
    DON'T TRADE WITH Dj!/Dj2K HE SCAMMED ME OUT OF A SHINY FOR HIS SHINY MEW, WHICH WAS HACKED, AND WAS RUDE TO ME WHEN ASKED TO TRADE BACK!!! PM ME IF YOU HAVE ANY INQUIRIES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by giratina519 View Post
    There is a monster hunter WiiU coming out?!?!?
    Well yea, it's coming out for the WiiU same as the 3DS. The WiiU is going to be the only one that can connect online, 3DS can only do local :P
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo

Well yea, it's coming out for the WiiU same as the 3DS. The WiiU is going to be the only one that can connect online, 3DS can only do local :P
    Although, perhaps the 3DS may be able to connect with the Wii U. They say it'll be done for the new Smash Bros game coming out for it too, so we could figure as such.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer X View Post
    Although, perhaps the 3DS may be able to connect with the Wii U. They say it'll be done for the new Smash Bros game coming out for it too, so we could figure as such.
    The save files can be transferred between versions, can they not?

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    The save files can be transferred between versions, can they not?
    From what I heard, yes they can.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer X View Post
    In Japan, they're releasing some silly dongle that will let you play the 3DS version online, but you can only connect to a lobby created by a Wii U console. So that's as far as the 3DS can get in terms of online play for MH.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    In Japan, they're releasing some silly dongle that will let you play the 3DS version online, but you can only connect to a lobby created by a Wii U console. So that's as far as the 3DS can get in terms of online play for MH.
    It's still slightly disappointing for me since I don't have a WiiU
    ....oh well.
    -Mewtwo

I tried out the MH3U demo today.

Having played Tri, I didn't have any issues taking down the two monsters available using a light bowgun (My preferred weapon in the original).

I welcomed the addition of the ability to automatically turn the camera towards the monsters. It seems especially useful for underwater combat.

Can 3DS not connect to the original DS and DSi?

i ask because i had HG in my 3DS and Pearl in my DS and couldnt get the union room to work.

Neither trainer was showing up in the other games union room
    Last edited by pikasaur; 23rd February 2013 at 4:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pikasaur View Post
    Can 3DS not connect to the original DS and DSi?

i ask because i had HG in my 3DS and Pearl in my DS and couldnt get the union room to work.

Neither trainer was showing up in the other games union room
    Turn the 3DS's wireless on.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Turn the 3DS's wireless on.
    suppose that would help

usually have it off because my 3DS games have no wireless content. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by pikasaur View Post
    suppose that would help

usually have it off because my 3DS games have no wireless content. Thanks.
    Ha, I knew it.

But remember. For some evil corporate reason, you can't turn it back on if you turn it off while playing a DS game.

Ha, I knew it.

But remember. For some evil corporate reason, you can't turn it back on if you turn it off while playing a DS game.
    Its not an "evil "corporate reason" that you can't, its because the DS emulation does not support it thanks to the DSi being software based instead of hardware based.
    BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    Its not an "evil "corporate reason" that you can't, its because the DS emulation does not support it thanks to the DSi being software based instead of hardware based.
    I was being dramatic.

I was being dramatic.
    Oh good, cause my dramatic meter was off today. I was worried for a second that someone actually had something so minute to use as an against towards Nintendo.
    BLAH

Page 437 of 525 FirstFirst ... 337387427433434435436437438439440441447487 ... LastLast