Page 440 of 526 FirstFirst ... 340390430436437438439440441442443444450490 ... LastLast
Results 10,976 to 11,000 of 13142

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rakansen View Post
    What's the better thing to spend Play Coins on? Find Mii or Puzzle Swap? I currently just spend them on Find Mii because it irritates me when I buy a puzzle piece that I already have. Unfortunately, as a result, my puzzle collection is really small. So, I've been wondering, what's the better game to spend Play Coins on?
    I've been doing Find Mii for that very same reason. Duplicates really sour my desire to shell out Play Coins for Puzzle Pieces.

...Though I do use them for Kid Icarus Uprising as well.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Duplicates meant my coins went into Find Mii for basically ever. Hiring heroes, buying potions....it takes a lot but at least you're working towards something.
    Even now that I've finally, finally, fully completed Find Mii 2 I'm still probably not going to use coins on the Puzzles until an update comes along that allows you to pull Pink pieces.

For now I think I'm saving them for Animal Crossing.

I've given up on Puzzle Swap due to a combination of not having puzzles I actually want to complete, a lack of StreetPasses other than my brother, the inability to receive pink pieces and, of course, the potential for duplicates. I haven't played StreetPass Quest in a long time, either, though I would like to finish it some time (I've completely cleared the first one and have started the second). I've just got better things to do with my time at the moment.

I'm still stuck on the original Streetpass Quest(Find me for you Americans), 2nd run. 10 coins a day doesn't do much, and no streetpass hits make it a maddening task. I have not completed any puzzles, and only have 5-6 pieces for 3 puzzles. Never got duplicates thankfully, but I just know I will one day. I really wish the daily limit was 20-30 and not just 10. I easily rack up 5k footsteps a day and it would be nice to get more coins for that many steps and not just 10.
    BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    There's now a second Twitter message from Squenix about Bravely Default.

It's just more Engrish saying that they care about us...I think.
    Who cares about that when we could get Dragon Quest VII 3DS.
    Last edited by Jb; 5th March 2013 at 6:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    I care about Bravely Default and Dragon Quest VII 3DS, beside it's clear that Square Enix isn't going to localize both of those games unless Nintendo steps in do it for them.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

DQVII is not a case of "unless Nintendo steps in, DQ is a case where Nintendo will step in. DQ's exclusivity to Nintendo platforms goes hand in hand with responsibility for the localization of the series on Nintendo's part, and I do not see them stopping now. VII is likely going to arrive by years end/beginning of 2014 for the best, and I assume at some point DQX will become the Wii U MMO game heavily pushed by Nintendo. Bravely Default is the only game people should worry about not being localized out of the two. For me? I want that car mecha RPG that's for kids to be localized more then either of them. It might be an average game, but I'm a sucker for transformer style mechas, especially if they're in an open world RPG.
    BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Why not have both? Dragon Quest VII is my most awaited 3DS game, but I'm certainly interested in Bravely Default.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    I'm still stuck on the original Streetpass Quest(Find me for you Americans), 2nd run. 10 coins a day doesn't do much, and no streetpass hits make it a maddening task. I have not completed any puzzles, and only have 5-6 pieces for 3 puzzles. Never got duplicates thankfully, but I just know I will one day. I really wish the daily limit was 20-30 and not just 10. I easily rack up 5k footsteps a day and it would be nice to get more coins for that many steps and not just 10.
    If you think it's maddening for the original, just wait until you hit the sequel. Due the pair up mechanic the enemies overall are much tougher, the quest is longer, and there are many rooms that require 2 of the same color to clear out. Then there's the potions...

had I not had a consistent string of streetpasses I'd probably still be playing it

Yeah but doesn't it allow some form of using previous heroes? Or is that just for Streetpass hits?
    BLAH

What I'm probably going to do is spend all my Play Coins on Find Mii and only get puzzles for Puzzle Swap from other people in StreetPass. I'm going to complete the puzzles that I have the most pieces in, then I'll spend coins on Puzzle Swap since there's less of a chance of me getting duplicates.

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

Yeah but doesn't it allow some form of using previous heroes? Or is that just for Streetpass hits?
    That's for streetpass hits, yeah, even if you got them before unlocking Find Mii 2.
    The price to rehire is [Level]+2 coins.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    If you think it's maddening for the original, just wait until you hit the sequel. Due the pair up mechanic the enemies overall are much tougher, the quest is longer, and there are many rooms that require 2 of the same color to clear out. Then there's the potions...

had I not had a consistent string of streetpasses I'd probably still be playing it
    I haven't had any issues with Find Mii 2. I've just about finished it, I'm in the thrown room, and I don't even know what potions are. I've got Scott Moffit's Mii as well as this one guy who I passed three times in a row that I just keep pairing up, its easy as pie. I've barely played it, I might remember to go in and do it once a month.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I haven't had any issues with Find Mii 2. I've just about finished it, I'm in the thrown room, and I don't even know what potions are. I've got Scott Moffit's Mii as well as this one guy who I passed three times in a row that I just keep pairing up, its easy as pie. I've barely played it, I might remember to go in and do it once a month.
    It's not hard, mind, but can get kind of pricey depending on the heroes you're rehiring or how many wandering dudes you need to go through etc. And the final bosses are giant walls of HP with level lowering gas.
    Also I suppose I should restate that: Find Mii 2 Secret Quest is the real beast. It's longer, there's several more rooms with sheilds and obstacles to get around (notables: Shadowlight shield, Poison rooms, GREEN SLIMES). If you want to complete it in a reasonable time frame you want to use things like the dispelling potion and the resummoning potion.
    And you will probably want to go through it in a reasonable amount of time because it takes at least...7? Ish? Runs through Secret Quest to unlock all the paths and collect all the hats (~3 for vanilla Find Mii 2)
    The worst part is when you've passed a whole bunch of people, but then go into a room where you lack the puzzle solution so you just waste away everyone....

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    That's for streetpass hits, yeah, even if you got them before unlocking Find Mii 2.
    The price to rehire is [Level]+2 coins.
    Wait you have to pay to use them again? Oh FFS I'm never going to get through it.
    BLAH

Wait you have to pay to use them again? Oh FFS I'm never going to get through it.
    Just take your 3DS around with you, you'll be rolling in Play Coins.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

10 a day isn't enough to be honest. Especially if you have to deal with the shields, and you can easily spend 70 waiting for the right color.
    BLAH

Just set for it 11:59pm everytime you reach 10 coins...
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/351ipzt.png[/IMG]

10 a day isn't enough to be honest. Especially if you have to deal with the shields, and you can easily spend 70 waiting for the right color.
    You can select both wandering heroes (From random) and from previous streetpasses. So it's really not that bad if you've streetpassed some at least. Also, 10 a day isn't that bad at all. In a month of that you'll be at 300, which is the cap, and then you can use them as sparingly or not as you'd like. Apologies if patience isn't on your side when it comes to a minigame that is built into the machine to encourage carrying your 3DS with you.

Oh no trust me I get the fact that its encouraging you to take it with you, but the fact that I get no streetpass hits(I literally have to be the only person in the city with a 3DS) when I'm all over the city at all times gets infuriating.
    BLAH

Oh no trust me I get the fact that its encouraging you to take it with you, but the fact that I get no streetpass hits(I literally have to be the only person in the city with a 3DS) when I'm all over the city at all times gets infuriating.
    I know this will come out as a very obvious answer, but if you go to GameStop, Best Buy, or in some cases, Toys 'R' Us, you're practically guaranteed a Streetpass hit. There's the workers there, the gamers around you, and the demo stations. If you have a convention or an event near you, go there too. I once went to the Cherry Blossom Festival in San Francisco, which has nothing to do with gaming, and I got a TON of hits.

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

I second the above. PAX last year was amazing how many Streetpasses I got. In just a single day of bringing my 3DS along I got all but 1 province of Canada and a total of 160 passes overall. It was insane. I would almost literally close my 3DS and then open it back up to 10 more new passes. Really made the lines go by quickly.

I live in Greece, only closest thing to TRU is 20 minutes outside the city, and the closest game convention is in Germany. You don't think if I wanted to I would already have? Damn the ignorance in here is strong, when I specifically called it Streetpass Quest cause of its European name....
    BLAH

I've gotten a mere two streetpasses since I got my 3DS in August. One from some random person I passed while riding in the car, and one from someone at one of the busier shopping centers in the state.

I really think they need to allow for some method of using the streetpass functionality over WiFi with people on your friends list or something...
    Black 2 FC: 3654-8394-0937

3DS FC: 4511-1815-7291 (Spearow, Swanna, Doduo)

So it's our fault you live in a boring non-gaming city?
    Add me on Pokemon X! FC- 2809-9372-1773

Looking For Shiny Tyrunt!

Page 440 of 526 FirstFirst ... 340390430436437438439440441442443444450490 ... LastLast