Page 441 of 526 FirstFirst ... 341391431437438439440441442443444445451491 ... LastLast
Results 11,001 to 11,025 of 13142

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by [ACE] Zero View Post
    So it's our fault you live in a boring non-gaming city?
    I don't believe he implied that in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    I don't believe he implied that in any way.
    He's upset that he never encounters another individual with a 3DS in the location he resides, that is what he implies.
    Add me on Pokemon X! FC- 2809-9372-1773

Looking For Shiny Tyrunt!

I still have only 11 Streetpasses despite being an Ambassador. That's mostly because of the games I've played in the past 2 years though. Oot3D, Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones and Kid Icarus: Uprising are my 3 most played games and I tend to have long sessions lasting nearly 2 hours on each of them. That's not really practical when I'm in the car or at school or something so I just left them at home. Only Minish Cap and 3D Land could be played portably, so I generally haven't brought it with me in the past.
    It's slightly weird that I've treated my 3DS more like a home console than a portable one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

He's upset that he never encounters another individual with a 3DS in the location he resides, that is what he implies.
    Yes, he is upset. How does one make the jump from that to "He's blaming us!"?

....Seriously. I'm pretty sure a thread on the 3DS is a viable medium to ***** about the fact that I can't get streetpass hits on a feature that could be considered pretty noteworthy, and I won't be apologizing if you consider my posts a waste of time, cause I'm pretty sure I think the same about a lot of people.
    BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    ....Seriously. I'm pretty sure a thread on the 3DS is a viable medium to ***** about the fact that I can't get streetpass hits on a feature that could be considered pretty noteworthy, and I won't be apologizing if you consider my posts a waste of time, cause I'm pretty sure I think the same about a lot of people.
    Your post wasn't a waste of time, I'm sure many people have the same problem, I know I do. I live in a small town, closest city is about 30 minutes away, closest major centre is 1 hour away. I got my 3DS the day it was released, and to this day, the only streetpass hits I got were from visits at the EB Games. I rarely travel with my 3DS on hand lately because of the lack of hits.
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & Lapras

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

It should be noted the intent of Streetpass in facilitating bringing your 3DS with you in as many public places as you can to pass people though. Which it does greatly. I love Nintendo and bring my 3DS places just on the off chance I get some down time between classes or at lunch or something, but Streetpassing just means I'm more likely to keep it on while I travel to get all those delicious passes. It encourages me to bring my 3DS out with me in public places. Which is what it was supposed to do. Now walking and traveling with my 3DS can be fun. If you're not streetpassing you're just not finding people, plain and simple. The technology is working but you're just not finding others.

It should be noted that Streetpass was developed with Japan in mind. Most other places are very, very different.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    It should be noted that Streetpass was developed with Japan in mind. Most other places are very, very different.
    However many other places are like Japan,such as New York, LA, San Francisco, Dallas, Houston..etc.. there are alot of places similar to Japan in terms of people and gaming experiences.

However many other places are like Japan,such as New York, LA, San Francisco, Dallas, Houston..etc.. there are alot of places similar to Japan in terms of people and gaming experiences.
    I don't think even some of the big US cities can compare to Japan.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I don't think even some of the big US cities can compare to Japan.
    Fair enough. Your opinion, but ive been to a good amount of mid sized cities conventions and gotten a generous amount of streetpasses and whatnot, we dont have to be in a overpopulated place and get 99999999999999999 streetpasses, there are a large number of U.S locations that provide large interaction for Gamers.

Yeah in Japan streetpass works the most, considering how many people carry their handhelds around. In fact DQIX for the DS is a brilliant example of this, the dungeon feature used on the cart that had you pass by others worked brilliantly over there, but not so much in the west.
    BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    Yeah in Japan streetpass works the most, considering how many people carry their handhelds around. In fact DQIX for the DS is a brilliant example of this, the dungeon feature used on the cart that had you pass by others worked brilliantly over there, but not so much in the west.
    The issue is not so much that more people in Japan have the system, the issue is that more people in Japan keep the wireless on for the feature to work. Many, many people in the west simply turn the wireless off or never activate the feature in the first place to save battery life.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    The issue is not so much that more people in Japan have the system, the issue is that more people in Japan keep the wireless on for the feature to work. Many, many people in the west simply turn the wireless off or never activate the feature in the first place to save battery life.
    Ah yes this also, I've also seen where people dont know how to turn it on or even that they had WiFi.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    The fact that the population in Japan is concentrated in comparison to North America also helps.

Fair enough. Your opinion, but ive been to a good amount of mid sized cities conventions and gotten a generous amount of streetpasses and whatnot, we dont have to be in a overpopulated place and get 99999999999999999 streetpasses, there are a large number of U.S locations that provide large interaction for Gamers.
    Then there's people like me, who live in the boonies, and the closest large center is several hours away. There aren't any conventions in my area, (Actually, I don't think I've ever heard of one in my province) so I have to settle for getting 2 or 3 hits at my local EB Games.

Quote Originally Posted by Iris Mist View Post
    Then there's people like me, who live in the boonies, and the closest large center is several hours away. There aren't any conventions in my area, (Actually, I don't think I've ever heard of one in my province) so I have to settle for getting 2 or 3 hits at my local EB Games.
    Animaritime is held there every year, pretty sure. At least a couple times, anyway. Not sure which town/city you live in specifically, so it could still be an hour or two away, but there have been a couple things up there.

Animaritime is held there every year, pretty sure. At least a couple times, anyway. Not sure which town/city you live in specifically, so it could still be an hour or two away, but there have been a couple things up there.
    I'm in central NB, about an hour north of Moncton. If I remember correctly, it was held in Moncton last time, but I only found out about it after it was over, and I was working, so I wouldn't have been able to go. This year, it's in Fredericton, which is about 2 hours away, quite a drive just to get some hits :P (And I don't like driving around that city)

It would be nice if there were more than one per year though.

I know this is kind of creepy, but the best way to get Streetpasses is through young children. I walk past an elementary school playground every day and that's where I get the majority of my Streetpasses. I also get a lot of Streetpasses at work from parents shopping with their children.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    I know this is kind of creepy, but the best way to get Streetpasses is through young children. I walk past an elementary school playground every day and that's where I get the majority of my Streetpasses. I also get a lot of Streetpasses at work from parents shopping with their children.

If this isn't a fantastic indicator that maaaaaaaaaybe we need to find a new topic, I'm not sure what is.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    That's true. I sometimes get a streetpass when I pass through an elementary school on my way home from school. My high school is way better, though, I get an average of 6 streetpasses a day there.

Oh, and Disney works wonders, too. I got 15 streetpasses in one day there.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Don't forget airports. Everyone brings their 3DS for the flights. I got a ton there, mostly from kids I assume.

How much longer can we keep the discussion of children going...?

How much longer can we keep the discussion of children going...?
    Until MI5 shut down SPPf and begin hunting us down.

As it happens, my school recently expanded to include a junior school(basically ages 7-11). While I pass through there often I've gotten at least 1 Streetpass each time I have. Suddenly Streetpass quest seems at least remotely possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Played the Monster Hunter 3 demo, and boy was this demo bad. Not really the game as much (although I don't think I'd enjoy that gameplay style), but the demo itself isn't very newbie friendly. I was walking around for a while until I got attacked by some kind of mutant bear/bunny thing, and then when the battle started I spent the entire time trying to figure out how to attack the damn thing while it was kicking my ***.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Played the Monster Hunter 3 demo, and boy was this demo bad. Not really the game as much (although I don't think I'd enjoy that gameplay style), but the demo itself isn't very newbie friendly. I was walking around for a while until I got attacked by some kind of mutant bear/bunny thing, and then when the battle started I spent the entire time trying to figure out how to attack the damn thing while it was kicking my ***.
    Welcome to Monster Hunter. That is the game. It doesn't teach you, you have to learn. Once you have, it's incredibly rewarding. It's like the real world in that sense.

Page 441 of 526 FirstFirst ... 341391431437438439440441442443444445451491 ... LastLast