Page 443 of 526 FirstFirst ... 343393433439440441442443444445446447453493 ... LastLast
Results 11,051 to 11,075 of 13142

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Yeah. Largely because they were pretty unpopular, and partly because there's something satisfying about shooting monsters in the face.

Probably going to play with light and heavy bowguns equally once I get Ultimate. As far as melee weapons go, I'll give the sword and shield and hunting horn a go eventually, since I felt the most comfortable with those in the demo, plus they're also pretty uncommon.
    There's no point in using SnS, LBG is also pretty pointless, the two are uncommon for a reason. HBG is more useful than LBG in pretty well every way. HH are excellent, and I miss having an HH user in my group.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyon View Post
    I'm still new to the whole Monster Hunter games so excuse me if this is a stupid question. I probably already know the answer to this but I'll ask anyways.

Are you able to change your weapon to something else whenever, or is it were you choose a weapon and can't change it unless you make an new game file?
    Example: I chose Long Sword then want to change to Heavy Bowgun.
    You can have as many different weapons of any type as you want, and you can switch your weapons and equipment any time you're in the village. The only time you're locked to equipment is once you've gone on a quest.

You're free to switch to whatever weapon you want between quests.

Ultimate is nice in this regard, as they have a basic weapon of every type in the storage box from the get-go, unlike Tri, where you need to make them all.
    Tri is actually the only MH game that did that, added to the fact that it only had half the usual weapons, it was incredibly stupid.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    There's no point in using SnS, LBG is also pretty pointless, the two are uncommon for a reason. HBG is more useful than LBG in pretty well every way. HH are excellent, and I miss having an HH user in my group.
    No weapon is "pointless".

SnS is still one of the best weapons for applying status effects and got a damage buff from Tri.

LBGs are more practical then HBGs against monsters that move around a lot, because their main shots used to cause damage (Elemental and explosive) don't require you to be at a certain range in order to deal full damage, plus there's seemingly nothing that can rival the sheer damage output of rapid fired dragon shots. Their higher ammo efficiency also makes them better at applying status effects.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 9th March 2013 at 10:08 PM.

No weapon is "pointless".

SnS is still one of the best weapons for applying status effects and got a damage buff from Tri.

LBGs are more practical then HBGs against monsters that move around a lot, because their main shots used to cause damage (Elemental and explosive) don't require you to be at a certain range in order to deal full damage, plus there's seemingly nothing that can rival the sheer damage output of rapid fired dragon shots. Their higher ammo efficiency also makes them better at applying status effects.
    I exaggerated, for sure. But there are so few times, unless you're trying to get a specific item or maybe fighting in a group, that you'd want to use SnS. As for LBG and HBG, I've never been a fan of either so I'm going by what I've seen other players using and saying, HBG is the clear winner from what I've seen, it seems the majority favour its greater power. Applying status effects doesn't have that great a significance most of the time. DS is still king there, anyway.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Bowguns are actually the best status weapons, as unlike melee weapons, their shots cause status effects 100% of the time, as opposed to around 25%, so you'll know exactly how many times you need to hit a monster before it works.

They can also use multiple status effects, so they can keep a monster locked down for a really long time by inflicting each status in succession (IE, paralyzing, KOing, then putting it to sleep so someone can put a trap under it). Pretty much all of the speed hunts for item farming I see Japanese players doing have a light bowgun user just for this purpose.

Bowguns are actually the best status weapons, as unlike melee weapons, their shots cause status effects 100% of the time, as opposed to around 25%, so you'll know exactly how many times you need to hit a monster before it works.

They can also use multiple status effects, so they can keep a monster locked down for a really long time by inflicting each status in succession (IE, paralyzing, KOing, then putting it to sleep so someone can put a trap under it). Pretty much all of the speed hunts for item farming I see Japanese players doing have a light bowgun user just for this purpose.
    Ahhh. I did not know that, that's pretty interesting. I could never get the hang of them myself, but maybe I'll have to try harder. If it makes farming for materials any easier...

Anyone pick up Etrian Odyssey IV? If so, how is it? I'm thinking of picking it up.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

2 major news stories people.
    One:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOrZT...layer_embedded
    Flipnote 3D confirmed. HELL TO THE MOTHER****ING YES!
    Two:
    http://nintendoeverything.com/115659...ce-attorney-5/
    Apollo is back for Ace Attorney 5. I can't flipping wait for the game.
    BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    2 major news stories people.
    One:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOrZT...layer_embedded
    Flipnote 3D confirmed. HELL TO THE MOTHER****ING YES!
    That Wii U debug thing predicts the future in vague ways.

F-f-f-flipnote 3d?

HOLY CRAP OH GOD OH GOD IFVIEDNISVKEAMRDJRSMIEF652CL000000009000HUINDDMUEB JGHUEHUEHUWEGS UEVHHHHHHHH
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

It is, only you need to pay a monthly fee to upload your flipnotes to the world servers.
    BLAH

Sweet their gonna bring flipnotes to the 3DS and be in 3D.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

And they're closing the Flipnote Hatena site for the DSi on March 31.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    And they're closing the Flipnote Hatena site for the DSi on March 31.
    THANK GOD, I loved flipnote, but my god that online community was horrible, hopefully the fee will drive out those idiots.
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

Offical Pokemon Facebook page teasing about some Pikachu news. I'm hoping it's the Pikachu 3DS XL because I'd be willing to get rid of my ambassador 3DS for that beauty.

3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

Well a Gates to Infinity commercial did have a moment where a kid was seen holding the Pikachu 3DSXL, so I would assume it's about the Pikachu 3DSXL
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

I thought it was a creepy old man holding it.

Oh wait, never mind.

Hey guys, do you think it's worth it to buy a 3DS XL over the regular 3DS? Pros? Cons? I was already planning to buy a 3DS.. but with the recent announcement of the Pikachu 3DS XL .__. I'm conflicted.. I always thought the 3DS was big and bulky
    Trade Shop =)

2021 6809 5368

SS FC =]

Quote Originally Posted by Manaphy View Post
    Hey guys, do you think it's worth it to buy a 3DS XL over the regular 3DS? Pros? Cons? I was already planning to buy a 3DS.. but with the recent announcement of the Pikachu 3DS XL .__. I'm conflicted.. I always thought the 3DS was big and bulky
    The 3DS XL is designed better, buttons are nicer. The 3DS is easier to hold and transport and everything looks nicer on the screens since its not being stretched.

I also hear that the 3DS XL's 3D effects pop out more, but I don't know from first hand experience.

The 3DS is smaller, cheaper and more easily transported. The XL feels sturdier and much better in the hand. The screens really are a matter of preference - graphics look some degree better on the XL's larger screens, but not so much better that it should be the sole reason you go one over the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    I also hear that the 3DS XL's 3D effects pop out more, but I don't know from first hand experience.
    They don't "pop out" any more than is the difference between a smaller screen and a bigger screen, really.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

The 3DSXL design sure is sturdier, but the glass on the 3DS lid is a pretty nice design feature. I own both, but boy do I prefer the 3DS in terms of looks over the XL.
    BLAH

I've got them both as well, and I used the XL exclusively for a while, but I've switched back to the 3DS now. The crisper image and smaller size did it for me, I just wish the buttons were the same as on the XL.

The XL is much better for playing regular DS games than the original. The system itself also doesn't collect fingerprints on every surface like its smaller counterpart. Although if that kind of thing bothers you, you can easily find a shell/skin/case for it.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
        Spoiler:- Friend Code & Trade Offers:

Honestly, the stylus placement on the XL is reason enough for me to have considered getting one, despite getting a 3DS at launch...

I can handle the battery life fine, but that stylus placement almost sealed a purchase for me.

Page 443 of 526 FirstFirst ... 343393433439440441442443444445446447453493 ... LastLast