Page 446 of 518 FirstFirst ... 346396436442443444445446447448449450456496 ... LastLast
Results 11,126 to 11,150 of 12945

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

  1. #11126
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BJPalmer85 View Post
    do you have a smartphone capable of making a wifi hotspot? That would work
    Nope, my school blocks that kind of stuff, government contract policy and all that.

    Like Apples to Apples? Like Pokemon? The you'll love Apples to Apples: Pokestyle!

    Pokemon Drama Island - Episode 4: Extreme Makeover: Pokemon Home Edition
    My popular story from FF.net has come to the forums! Joy!
    34 Pokemon come arrive to an island to take part in a reality show that could get them rich and famous! However, can they survive the harsh gauntlet of challenges up ahead?

        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  2. #11127
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    Nope, my school blocks that kind of stuff, government contract policy and all that.
    Wait...what? How is that even possible. Your phone takes the carrier data signal and broadcasts it like a wireless router. How can they stop that? It is an internal function on the phone, that seem impossible to block it without direct access to the phone. Is your school at the Pentagon or something?

    B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

    Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)
    *I can breed all Pokemon in X&Y now.*
    **Items are in BW & B2W2 only**

    Pokemon Y friend code: 3797 - 7081 - 3314
    Pokemon X friend code: 4296 - 4159 - 0229


  3. #11128
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BJPalmer85 View Post
    Wait...what? How is that even possible. Your phone takes the carrier data signal and broadcasts it like a wireless router. How can they stop that? It is an internal function on the phone, that seem impossible to block it without direct access to the phone. Is your school at the Pentagon or something?

    B
    The signals are very weak and tend to be uch slower compared to the campus wifi. I could buy my own router, but if you consider the fact that I'm a working student that's gonna have to pay thousands of dollars in loans upon graduation, I'm not shelling out money for something that I'm only gonna use on occasion.

    Like Apples to Apples? Like Pokemon? The you'll love Apples to Apples: Pokestyle!

    Pokemon Drama Island - Episode 4: Extreme Makeover: Pokemon Home Edition
    My popular story from FF.net has come to the forums! Joy!
    34 Pokemon come arrive to an island to take part in a reality show that could get them rich and famous! However, can they survive the harsh gauntlet of challenges up ahead?

        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  4. #11129

    Default

    Just enter a McDonalds. Presto.

    Never alone, together forever. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Metroid Prime Trilogy - Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

  5. #11130
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Just enter a McDonalds. Presto.
    None of them within walking or biking distance.

    No Starbucks either.
    Last edited by Recon; 19th March 2013 at 5:31 PM.

    Like Apples to Apples? Like Pokemon? The you'll love Apples to Apples: Pokestyle!

    Pokemon Drama Island - Episode 4: Extreme Makeover: Pokemon Home Edition
    My popular story from FF.net has come to the forums! Joy!
    34 Pokemon come arrive to an island to take part in a reality show that could get them rich and famous! However, can they survive the harsh gauntlet of challenges up ahead?

        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  6. #11131
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    716

    Default

    I might not be getting the Pikachu 3DS XL after all. I was really counting on the sale at Target, but so far every day that I've called and on one occasion even going to the store, no one seems to have any idea what I'm talking about. One employee said he heard about it but had no confirmation that their location would be getting any. He wasn't even sure if they would be doing the sale on XL's during that week either. I wanted to upgrade but only if I could offset the cost by selling my Ambassador 3DS. I have one guy willing to pay $110.00 for it, but I can't sell it to him until I'm sure they'll have the XL's in stock or have them on sale. I have it on ebay as well but so far the highest bid is only at 52 dollars which is only about 3 more dollars than what Gamestop said they'd give me if I traded in for store credit.

    3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

  7. #11132
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    On the Miillennium Falcon
    Posts
    773

    Default

    I just recently bought a 3ds on Amazon for 140 bucks. The person that sold it to me only played it for a hour, and put it back in the box so it's literally brand new, and it doesn't have a single scratch on it, and plus it came with Super Mario 3d Land. Recently, I heard a rumor that Toy's R Us might sell the Pikachu 3ds XL for $150.00. From what I hear it's just a rumor, and we know how rumors are. I'm usually a sucker for limited edition Pokemon items so maybe I'll get the Pikachu 3ds at some point. Overall, im very impressed with the 3ds. I love it. I just recently bought Pokemon Black and White 2 for it.
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 19th March 2013 at 10:04 PM.

    My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

  8. #11133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    None of them within walking or biking distance.

    No Starbucks either.
    ...Sucks to be in a forgotten-like city, huh? Yes, I've been there.

    Never alone, together forever. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Metroid Prime Trilogy - Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

  9. #11134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcamenel View Post
    I might not be getting the Pikachu 3DS XL after all. I was really counting on the sale at Target, but so far every day that I've called and on one occasion even going to the store, no one seems to have any idea what I'm talking about. One employee said he heard about it but had no confirmation that their location would be getting any. He wasn't even sure if they would be doing the sale on XL's during that week either
    Don't let this be the sole factor. Ground level employees don't know about this sort of thing in advance, and unless they're a manager of some sort, wouldn't have any reason to.

    If it's a timing thing, as in you absolutely have to be sure of X before you can do Y in order to get Z, then do what you have to, but don't let the fact that the part-timer you talked to at Target doesn't know his/her store's stock in advance be the sole deciding factor.



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  10. #11135
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Don't let this be the sole factor. Ground level employees don't know about this sort of thing in advance, and unless they're a manager of some sort, wouldn't have any reason to.

    If it's a timing thing, as in you absolutely have to be sure of X before you can do Y in order to get Z, then do what you have to, but don't let the fact that the part-timer you talked to at Target doesn't know his/her store's stock in advance be the sole deciding factor.
    Yeah I know what you mean. The guy whose interested in buying my old 3DS said he'll let me know by Friday if he can get the cash. I figure by then Target and possibly TRU(heard they are having them on sale too) should know if they will have them or not.

    I don't work so I can't afford to buy it at full price at Gamestop. Add in the fact that if I were to trade in my old 3DS to say Gamestop for store credit, I'm only saving about 40-50 bucks. I'm also losing my ambassador games since none of the Gamestops near me have an internet connection where I could do a system transfer in store. There is one in the mall which has wi-fi but for some reason I can't seem to connect to it with my 3DS. I also have a few e-shop exclusive downloads and apps. Sakura Samurai and Pokemon Dream Radar for example.

    Technically if I were to upgrade to an XL I would really only be getting a bigger screen out of it since I have a Nyko PowerPak for my current 3DS which would become useless if I do upgrade. This is another reason I want to make sure I make as much as I can off my old 3DS.

    Basically it comes down to offsetting my losses. If I just buy it somewhere else that isn't doing a sale, I'm losing more than I gain and I couldn't justify the purchase. However, if I were to sell my 3DS for say 100 bucks and then get the XL(Pikachu or one of the others) for a reduced price, I wouldn't feel like I'm losing as much. I don't play any of my ambassador games anyway but it's the fact that they do have value that matters to me.

    3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

  11. #11136
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fred FredburgerFred Fredburger
    Posts
    5,938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    Anyone pick up Entrain Odyssey IV? I'm thinking of picking it up if I ever get the chance. If you have it, can you please tell me how is it?
    It's pretty good. I haven't played it much, since I'm also playing Fire Emblem and Devil Survivor, but it's a solid RPG, even if it has no deep plot
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams



        Spoiler:- Spoiler:

  12. #11137
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Don't let this be the sole factor. Ground level employees don't know about this sort of thing in advance, and unless they're a manager of some sort, wouldn't have any reason to.

    If it's a timing thing, as in you absolutely have to be sure of X before you can do Y in order to get Z, then do what you have to, but don't let the fact that the part-timer you talked to at Target doesn't know his/her store's stock in advance be the sole deciding factor.
    ditto!

    consult a manager. Ive always had luck with the website. If the web site says its going to be one price, 99% of the time it is the same in store.

    Quote Originally Posted by NintendoFan82 View Post
    I just recently bought a 3ds on Amazon for 140 bucks. The person that sold it to me only played it for a hour, and put it back in the box so it's literally brand new, and it doesn't have a single scratch on it, and plus it came with Super Mario 3d Land. Recently, I heard a rumor that Toy's R Us might sell the Pikachu 3ds XL for $150.00. From what I hear it's just a rumor, and we know how rumors are. I'm usually a sucker for limited edition Pokemon items so maybe I'll get the Pikachu 3ds at some point. Overall, im very impressed with the 3ds. I love it. I just recently bought Pokemon Black and White 2 for it.
    Glad you like it! I am not a fan of the 3D all that much but the better resolution of the 3DS compared to the DS was worth the cash for me

    B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

    Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)
    *I can breed all Pokemon in X&Y now.*
    **Items are in BW & B2W2 only**

    Pokemon Y friend code: 3797 - 7081 - 3314
    Pokemon X friend code: 4296 - 4159 - 0229


  13. #11138
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    716

    Default

    TRU says they will be getting some but no word on any sale. The manager at Target I talked to this morning said they won't know if they get them until early Sunday morning >_>

    3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

  14. #11139
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    None of them within walking or biking distance.

    No Starbucks either.
    Comic convention. Works wonders but you have to stop in place every 10 minutes to check your goodies. The time it takes to use them all along with the schedule and massive crowd doesn't work well. Then there's the entry fee...
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  15. #11140

    Default

    So... reading around the internet it seems some places are only getting one or two Pikachu 3DS XL in stock. I'm pretty scared if I go buy one, they won't have any =(
    Trade Shop =)

    2021 6809 5368

    SS FC =]

  16. #11141
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    696

    Default

    http://gematsu.com/2013/03/level-5-t...life-in-europe

    Holy crap yessssssss I want this so badly!

  17. #11142

    Default

    Ok I'm gonna be honest, the 3d is a gimmick and a DS with better specs would've been just as good. I don't use the 3D. And it alienates the audience under 7 or whatever the recomended age is for the 3D. That's an audience they shoot for.

    But I LOVE 3ds. Favorite Nintendo system right now, with the better specs there's just so much opportunity. I love pretty much every game I own for it ^_^
    This "Pokemon Rainbow" rumored game is already killing me. I want it!

    Also, general nintendo fans will probably like my youtube. I make unboxings and collection videos.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/EnragedSwalot?feature=mhee
    Thanks if you check it out

  18. #11143
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    On the Miillennium Falcon
    Posts
    773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BJPalmer85 View Post
    ditto!

    consult a manager. Ive always had luck with the website. If the web site says its going to be one price, 99% of the time it is the same in store.



    Glad you like it! I am not a fan of the 3D all that much but the better resolution of the 3DS compared to the DS was worth the cash for me

    B
    I don't mind the 3d, but to be honest most of the games look just as good on the 3ds without 3d on in my opinion. I am very happy with my purchase. Theres some really fun games for the 3ds.

    My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

  19. #11144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EnragedSwalot View Post
    Ok I'm gonna be honest, the 3d is a gimmick and a DS with better specs would've been just as good.
    And... if you really are so against the 3D and choose to ignore it, what is the 3DS if not that?

    Quote Originally Posted by EnragedSwalot View Post
    And it alienates the audience under 7 or whatever the recomended age is for the 3D. That's an audience they shoot for.
    No it doesn't, any more than the warning labels on hair dryers that say DON'T DROP ME IN THE WATER alienate people with long hair.



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  20. #11145
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    And... if you really are so against the 3D and choose to ignore it, what is the 3DS if not that?
    A fair point here. That is how I use my 3DS, i just leave the 3D off and enjoy the more crisp and clear screen. I do enjoy how much faster my DS lite is over my 3DS. It loads faster, saves faster and accesses wifi faster.

    B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

    Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)
    *I can breed all Pokemon in X&Y now.*
    **Items are in BW & B2W2 only**

    Pokemon Y friend code: 3797 - 7081 - 3314
    Pokemon X friend code: 4296 - 4159 - 0229


  21. #11146
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BJPalmer85 View Post
    A fair point here. That is how I use my 3DS, i just leave the 3D off and enjoy the more crisp and clear screen. I do enjoy how much faster my DS lite is over my 3DS. It loads faster, saves faster and accesses wifi faster.

    B
    The former two you can't really compare, since that's entirely dependant on the game cartridges, the latter is just down to flukey networking.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  22. #11147
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    The former two you can't really compare, since that's entirely dependant on the game cartridges, the latter is just down to flukey networking.
    Tried with multiple cartridges. Loaded, saved & switched. Same result, the DS lite was faster. Both were used on my home wifi, the DS was faster.

    B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

    Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)
    *I can breed all Pokemon in X&Y now.*
    **Items are in BW & B2W2 only**

    Pokemon Y friend code: 3797 - 7081 - 3314
    Pokemon X friend code: 4296 - 4159 - 0229


  23. #11148
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BJPalmer85 View Post
    Tried with multiple cartridges. Loaded, saved & switched. Same result, the DS lite was faster. Both were used on my home wifi, the DS was faster.

    B
    Yes, but one is using 3DS cartridges and one is using DS cartridges. And again, networking is flukey. You could probably get 10 different DS Lites and none of them would connect to a router at the same speed.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  24. #11149
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Yes, but one is using 3DS cartridges and one is using DS cartridges. And again, networking is flukey. You could probably get 10 different DS Lites and none of them would connect to a router at the same speed.
    That is true, DS is faster when using DS carts.

    B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

    Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)
    *I can breed all Pokemon in X&Y now.*
    **Items are in BW & B2W2 only**

    Pokemon Y friend code: 3797 - 7081 - 3314
    Pokemon X friend code: 4296 - 4159 - 0229


  25. #11150

    Default

    Pokedex 3D Pro is at a discounter price now: $9.99

    Never alone, together forever. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Metroid Prime Trilogy - Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

Page 446 of 518 FirstFirst ... 346396436442443444445446447448449450456496 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •