Page 452 of 526 FirstFirst ... 352402442448449450451452453454455456462502 ... LastLast
Results 11,276 to 11,300 of 13142

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Please help, I'm planning to sell my normal-size 3DS so I can buy the MIGHTY Pikachu 3DS XL, but I 've downloaded to my 3DS some eShop games that I would not like to loose, so my question is, is there any way to don't loose this games? I know there's the program ambassador, but I will FIRST sell my 3DS and then BUY the Pikachu 3DS XL

3DS FC:1547 5453 7012
    Please, keep a minute of silence RIP WIFI DS
    Searching for pokemon battles, please PM me! Also, I'm always keen to get friends in the 3DS, just pm me
    Friend safari: Poison (Garbodor, Cascoon, Muk) Thanks to Chilliwray

Quote Originally Posted by AlexBW View Post
    Please help, I'm planning to sell my normal-size 3DS so I can buy the MIGHTY Pikachu 3DS XL, but I 've downloaded to my 3DS some eShop games that I would not like to loose, so my question is, is there any way to don't loose this games? I know there's the program ambassador, but I will FIRST sell my 3DS and then BUY the Pikachu 3DS XL
    Unless the clerk is nice enough to allow you to perform a system transfer process between both consoles...

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/03/bravely-default-flying-fairy-will-be-localized-for-the-west/

Bravley Default? Please be true!

Year of the 3DS man. So many good games coming out for it this year.

Please help, I'm planning to sell my normal-size 3DS so I can buy the MIGHTY Pikachu 3DS XL, but I 've downloaded to my 3DS some eShop games that I would not like to loose, so my question is, is there any way to don't loose this games?
    There is not. You'd have to be dependent upon a store employee probably bending a rule or two to accomodate you, and that's never something on which someone should be dependent.

I know there's the program ambassador
    The Ambassador program has nothing to do with system transfers and will be of no help to you.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

You need both 3DSes in you possession to do a system transfer.

Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

I want to be excited by the news but "trusted sources" has me kind of skeptical. Anyway I hope it really is going to be localized as well as Fantasy Life :c

3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

Quote Originally Posted by Arcamenel View Post
    I want to be excited by the news but "trusted sources" has me kind of skeptical. Anyway I hope it really is going to be localized as well as Fantasy Life :c
    Fantasy Life has been trademarked already, so it's pretty much guaranteed for localization

There is a way to keep those games and other various data it's called a system transfer which I highly recommend you do "before" selling your 3DS. First take your 3DS with you when you buy your new 3DS XL, before you buy it ask the employee if you can perform a system transfer you'll need access to wi-fi in order to perform it. If they ask you what that even is/why tell them so that you can keep your digital games you've paid for and other important data that's on your 3DS and it'll be put on the new 3DS XL.

If your selling your 3DS to get the extra money to buy the 3DS XL, then trade it in for in store credit(If possible). This is one reason why taking it with you when you buy it is a good idea to do the system transfer.
    Now depending were your buying the 3DS XL and how understanding the employee is. Gamestop should be more than happy to help you with it unless they suggest the system transfer right away.

The process takes half hour or more depending upon how much data is on your system. Nintendo has a step-by-step guide on how to perform the transfer(which is the link below) which explains everything. There's a quick little video that explains it, and there's a few videos on Youtube that take it step-by-step so which ever you prefer.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/sys...tware-transfer

*Note: It's important to make sure the "source system" is your regular 3DS, and that the "target system" is the new 3DS XL!
    Last edited by Zyon; 4th April 2013 at 5:34 AM.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

Quote Originally Posted by Zyon View Post
    There is a way to keep those games and other various data it's called a system transfer which I highly recommend you do "before" selling your 3DS. First take your 3DS with you when you buy your new 3DS XL, before you buy it ask the employee if you can perform a system transfer you'll need access to wi-fi in order to perform it. If they ask you what that even is/why tell them so that you can keep your digital games you've paid for and other important data that's on your 3DS and it'll be put on the new 3DS XL.
    Lost in the shuffle of people continuing to suggest this ill-advised course of action is that you need an active wireless Internet connection for both handhelds, which many stores - and most Gamestop stores - don't have.

Again, there's no good way to achieve this. Counting on a store employee to bend the rules and hoping that a store has something that most stores don't is not a reliable course of action.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Capcom keeps on delivering the goods for the Nintendo 3ds.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    Capcom keeps on delivering the goods for the Nintendo 3ds.
    Question is, is it going to reach our shores?
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    Question is, is it going to reach our shores?
    Maybe not..... But it looks interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    Fantasy Life has been trademarked already, so it's pretty much guaranteed for localization
    That's not what a trademark means at all.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    That's not what a trademark means at all.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/20...rseas-release/

Not really.

Trademarks do not mean it'll be released. Trademarks just guarantee that a company can use that name if they want to. I know I'm not describing too well, so Wikipedia link

For example, iirc Game Freak or Nintendo have trademarked many potential names for Pokemon games, but they never plan on using most of them. Like Pokemon Grey, for one
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

For Level-5 it usually does, and that's particularly what the article points out:

Level-5 has a habit of filing trademarks in the West before releasing games. See: Inazuma Eleven Strikers, three of Guild 01′s games, and pretty much every Professor Layton game.
    Of course it's not the same situation for all companies, but it notes that this has been the case for Level 5. Feel free to point it out if it turns out they're wrong and it's not coming though.
    Last edited by Manna; 4th April 2013 at 5:42 PM.

For Level-5 it usually does, and that's particularly what the article points out:

Of course it's not the same situation for all companies, but it notes that this has been the case for Level 5. Feel free to point it out if it turns out they're wrong and it's not coming though.
    And so does pretty much every other company that brings things over. Intellectual property is a lot, and companies do not like to be infringed upon. You wouldn't release, or even announce a game, then file a trademark.

I'm not trying to damper your hope, but I really can't think of why anyone wouldn't trademark something before announcing it
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Darkness View Post
    And so does pretty much every other company that brings things over. Intellectual property is a lot, and companies do not like to be infringed upon. You wouldn't release, or even announce a game, then file a trademark.

I'm not trying to damper your hope, but I really can't think of why anyone wouldn't trademark something before announcing it
    I don't know what you're arguing here. The article is pointing out clear as day a trend. That recently, Level-5 has made trademarks in countries, and has followed those trademarks up with an eventual localization in that respective country (it even links to those articles.) Thus, it's not to far-fetched to say that this trademark will be followed up by a release in this case for this company. This is only concerning Level 5. Not all companies are the same. Please read the article.

And in Other news, A new system update is out

Seems like this update only just fixes some more little stuff. Though I have to say that the next big update won't be until like sometime in like later on this Spring. That being such since that'll more than likely the update that'll bring Miiverse over here to the system. The only reason why I'm saying around late Spring is that since that is around when it comes out for web based browsing.

there's no Battle Frontier?!

I don't know what you're arguing here. The article is pointing out clear as day a trend. That recently, Level-5 has made trademarks in countries, and has followed those trademarks up with an eventual localization in that respective country (it even links to those articles.) Thus, it's not to far-fetched to say that this trademark will be followed up by a release in this case for this company. This is only concerning Level 5. Not all companies are the same. Please read the article.
    I was pointing out that you did not know what trademark means. You pretty much said that a trademark=localization. I was saying that is not the case.

I never said that it wouldn't be released here, I was just trying to tell you what a trademark means
    Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Darkness View Post
    I was pointing out that you did not know what trademark means. You pretty much said that a trademark=localization. I was saying that is not the case.

I never said that it wouldn't be released here, I was just trying to tell you what a trademark means
    I'm aware of what a trademark means.

I was saying that a localization is what a trademark leads to for that company. So yes, in that vein, trademark = localization for that company.

I'm aware of what a trademark means.

I was saying that a localization is what a trademark leads to for that company. So yes, in that vein, trademark = localization for that company.
    Alright, you're probably right. I dunno much about Level-5. I was just basing it on prior knowledge from most companies, where a trademark does not necessarily mean that the game is coming over
    Douglas Adams

Do the system transfer. You must have BOTH 3DSs to perform the transfer... Also, I think the data is erased, so you can't keep any save data.... You'd have to start over your games.... Sorry. Also, the Pikachu is nice. I personally kept both my Pikachu xl AND my Flare Red one- I like them both...image.jpg
    EDIT: my xl is overheating!!!!! Normally it's my RED one that does that.... Was it the paper I put it on??? (Everything I take pictures of is taken over a sheet of paper- plain background.)
    Last edited by giratina519; 5th April 2013 at 6:47 PM.
    『ポケモン不思議のダンジョン ~�� �グナゲートと∞迷宮(むげんだいめ� ��きゅう~』
    "I AM ERROR"~ZeldaII: The Adventure of Link
    Find me on the Pokemon TCGO forums, Fusemon, Pokefarm, and Chicken Smoothie! (Same screen name)

I AM A LEGIT SHINY TRADER, AND I ONLY TRADE LEGIT.
    I HAVE CLAIMED THE MASTER OF THE WINDS-TORNADUS!!!
    I FINALLY GOT A SHINY FLAWLESS ZORUA! YAY ME!

PROUD OWNER OF THE SECOND LEGIT SHINY RESHIRAM from the Mirage Spots in OR/AS. 11/26/14 on Japanese Omega Ruby. If anyone doesn't believe me or would just like to see it, it would be happy to battle you. PM me!

Page 452 of 526 FirstFirst ... 352402442448449450451452453454455456462502 ... LastLast