Page 455 of 523 FirstFirst ... 355405445451452453454455456457458459465505 ... LastLast
Results 11,351 to 11,375 of 13055

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Out of those, the most interesting (and surprising I suppose) for myself include Earthbound (but I need a Wii U first =p), Bravely Default (yay for it actually coming over) and also the new LoZ. Looked interesting from what little I could see from my rubbish net.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: The Coffee Guy's Rants: Remakes! He doesn't like them.
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Wow...Just when you think this Direct was gonna be hella boring, they pull out a cacophony of awesomeness outta their hat...
    Firstly, THANK GAWD they announced Bravely Default. So much HNNNGH, it hurts.
    Odd thing though; they said "2013" as year of release in the EU Direct, but "2014" in the US Direct...
    And HOORAY for ol' school Zelda (I don't care much for the "new-style" Zeldas). Definitely on my to-get list.

~The Head Honchkrow~

A journey most XtraordinarY is about to begin...

2013 is shaping up to be the best year for the 3DS

3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

So much great stuff coming. A Link To The Past remake looked great, as did Bravely Default.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Loving the new zelda
    Maybe I'll ask for the mario party for christmas or something.
    Probably won't be getting yoshi's island 3

Whats bravely default like? I know its an RPG, Im just wondering what its all about.
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL ~ Kid Icarus club ~ Attack on Titan club ~ Xat New Leaf dream code: 4800 2561 7674

Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    Whats bravely default like? I know its an RPG, Im just wondering what its all about.
    It's what Final Fantasy XI and beyond should've been like from the beginning.

Longer answer, it's a turn-based game where you can customize your characters with different Jobs to access different skills in battle, though it has a lot of other mechanics like unleashing multiple attacks in a row.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Special: Ace Attorney - All Breakdowns (+ PL & PW:AA)

Animal Crossing 3DS XL is coming!!!

Thank you soooo much NOA!!

And yes BD FF. Dat 2014 though...well at least we're getting it...doesn't look like Square was gonna take it unless Nintendo helped.

Link to the Past 2? My body was not ready for that. My prayers have been answered and we're getting the first old-school Zelda game in 10 years. Rejoice!

Quote Originally Posted by Hankka View Post
    So much great stuff coming. A Link To The Past remake looked great, as did Bravely Default.
    It's a sequel, not a remake.

Hopefully Bravely Default gets here by early 2014. Apart from this Summer, which is already partly filled by FE: A DLC, after October I'll be thoroughly occupied with Pokemon XY and a Wii U. I'd imagine this would be a game that's relatively hard to find so I'd like to get it near release.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    It's a sequel, not a remake.
    Was it actually confirmed to be a sequel?
    I thought it was just a spiritual successor of sorts...

~The Head Honchkrow~

Quote Originally Posted by The Head Honchkrow View Post
    I thought it was just a spiritual successor of sorts...

~The Head Honchkrow~
    Well, actually I'm not sure but, it's certainly not just a remake. I'll have to rewatch it sometime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Well, it's been confirmed; Bravely Default will in fact arrive on European shores (or at least, the UK) this year, ahead of the US release next year.
    SOURCE

I think this may mean that we won't get English VA...:/
    But hey, if I get to play the game, I'm cool widdit.

~The Head Honchkrow~

Quote Originally Posted by The Head Honchkrow View Post
    Well, what I can say is that it's not a remake due to the obvious "picture wall walk" item.

In the japanese direct it straight up had a 2 in the title
    so

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    In the japanese direct it straight up had a 2 in the title
    so
    I do hope that title changes. I'd imagine it likely will.

All the 3DS games shown at the direct today looked great. I'm happy a new Zelda game was announced for the 3DS and that we got news for games like World Tour & Dream Team. Mario Party 3DS also looks very interesting. Though I liked MP9's car mode, I still preferred the classic mode more, so it's nice to see it returning. Hopefully this one has online.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    I do hope that title changes. I'd imagine it likely will.
    Why? Is there really a need? It's just a title, it'll probably end up being referred to as ALttP2 to the community regardless.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Why? Is there really a need? It's just a title, it'll probably end up being referred to as ALttP2 to the community regardless.
    It's weird, honestly. Adventure of Link was the only Zelda title with a 2. Not even direct sequels like Majora's Mask or Phantom Hourglass did that.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

So many games; Mario and Luigi, Mario vs. Donkey Kong, Zelda. Why must Nintendo devour my monies!?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    All the 3DS games shown at the direct today looked great. I'm happy a new Zelda game was announced for the 3DS and that we got news for games like World Tour & Dream Team. Mario Party 3DS also looks very interesting. Though I liked MP9's car mode, I still preferred the classic mode more, so it's nice to see it returning. Hopefully this one has online.
    Mario Party does look interesting. And I definitely want to get Dream Team now. It looked like fun when it was first announced, but it just keeps getting better.
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & Lapras

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

Nice to see that Mario and Luigi is still as quirky as ever.

Yay, Katamari Luigi.

My biggest fear is that with Dream Team (Pi'illo, hah I get it) , it messes with the formula way too much, and ruis the great series's standing. That said, I'm really excited for all the games they've been announced, especially the Legend of Zelda game, and I'm curious to see what they'll do with it.

Thank you based Turpoo

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu725 View Post
    My biggest fear is that with Dream Team (Pi'illo, hah I get it) , it messes with the formula way too much, and ruis the great series's standing. That said, I'm really excited for all the games they've been announced, especially the Legend of Zelda game, and I'm curious to see what they'll do with it.
    BIS never ruined the formula. There's no need to fear a drastic change here.

Unless people at Club Nintendo don't care about the story that forces Miyamoto to avoid making a plot, but this is too late for it to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    It's weird, honestly. Adventure of Link was the only Zelda title with a 2. Not even direct sequels like Majora's Mask or Phantom Hourglass did that.
    That was properly because the Zelda series was just starting out and the game was dircetly tied into the first game so it made sense to call it Zelda 2 at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu725 View Post
    My biggest fear is that with Dream Team (Pi'illo, hah I get it) , it messes with the formula way too much, and ruis the great series's standing.
    It doesn't, if anything the trailer show that it's still the same Mario and Luigi RPG that we know and love.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Unless people at Club Nintendo don't care about the story that forces Miyamoto to avoid making a plot, but this is too late for it to happen.
    Still doesn't explain why Nintendo made Paper Mario: Sticker Star random battle so redundant and pointless. From what I have heard the game should have not been a rpg.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Still doesn't explain why Nintendo made Paper Mario: Sticker Star random battle so redundant and pointless. From what I have heard the game should have not been a rpg.
    You heard correctly. Between the lack of an EXP system, and the fact that every attack was "consumable", there really was no incentive to do battles at all. So if there's virtually no story, and battles are optional to the point of being discouraged... why bother making it an RPG at all?

That said, Dream Team looks like it stays true to the M&L formula, while adding new gameplay mechanics (the multiple Luigi's being the obvious one). I have high hopes for this one, as the Mario & Luigi series has yet to disappoint me.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I've never heard anyone calling Phantom Hourglass Wind Waker 2.

Dream Team is probably the most similar to its prequel I have ever seen in any video game. It will be fine.

Page 455 of 523 FirstFirst ... 355405445451452453454455456457458459465505 ... LastLast