Page 457 of 526 FirstFirst ... 357407447453454455456457458459460461467507 ... LastLast
Results 11,401 to 11,425 of 13142

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Shin Megami Tensei 4
    I've been wondering about this series for quite some time.
    What's it like? Will I be confused if I haven't played any previous titles?

~The Head Honchkrow~

A journey most XtraordinarY is about to begin...

Quote Originally Posted by The Head Honchkrow View Post

~The Head Honchkrow~
    From what I have heard the gameplay is somewhat similar to Pokémon, it actually existed long before Pokémon was around, but it has a darker story.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    From what I have heard the gameplay is somewhat similar to Pokémon, it actually existed long before Pokémon was around, but it has a darker story.
    And it's apparently infamous for liberal use of instant death spells.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

I think the new Zelda Game looks neat, but I hope this isn't going to be a standard for future 3DS games for Zelda.

Because I really wanted an Ocarina of Time graphic style game for Zelda, I guess they only want this style, and are saving the other style for home consoles.

I hope I'm wrong, but now, even if there was an Ocarina of time graphic style game, it looks to be a long time from now, don't even know if I'll be able to play it.

Oh well I'd rather focus on Pokemon 6th gen right now.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 20th April 2013 at 12:36 AM.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

~The Head Honchkrow~
    It's like Pokémon but with much more personality, good and evil mythological deities fighting each other, dark plots, and a lot of M-rated stuff.

~The Head Honchkrow~
    It's basically an M-rated Pokemon. Here's an indepth explanation of its history. It's about three years outdated so there's no DeSu2/SMT4/P4G/etc. but it gets the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    It's basically an M-rated Pokemon. Here's an indepth explanation of its history. It's about three years outdated so there's no DeSu2/SMT4/P4G/etc. but it gets the job done.
    Interesting read....
    And HOLY FRIG! I've just seen some of the monster designs (namely Mara and Hazama), and they're truly the most abhorrent, yet awe-inspiring creations I've ever seen.

So yeah, colour me interested.
    Does it matter that I haven't played any previous titles though?

~The Head Honchkrow~

A journey most XtraordinarY is about to begin...

Interesting read....
    And HOLY FRIG! I've just seen some of the monster designs (namely Mara and Hazama), and they're truly the most abhorrent, yet awe-inspiring creations I've ever seen.

So yeah, colour me interested.

~The Head Honchkrow~
    Anywhere is good to start, so it doesn't matter much.

Unless, of course, you play newer entries first and older entries later. Just remember that the series is divided into different sub-series: the numbered series, the Persona series, the Devil Survivor series, the Raidou Kuzunoha series, the odd ones like Strange Journey, and the Digital Devil Saga series. I think I forgot a few more.

I remember Miyamoto saying he did want remake "A Link to the Past", looks kind of like he got his wish

Thank you based Turpoo

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu725 View Post
    I remember Miyamoto saying he did want remake "A Link to the Past", looks kind of like he got his wish
    I'm sure he had some say in that.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

You can start with any game. SMT4 is going to be super user-friendly so it's a great way to get started. You could also try either one of the Devil Survivors (I'd recommend getting Overclocked or waiting for Break Record) or Soul Hackers, though I wouldn't recommend touching any of the pre-Nocturne games like Soul Hackers/Persona 1+2 until you've played at least one modern SMT game.

So I can't decide between getting that SMT game that came out recently or Etrian Odyssey.

Anyone who's played one or both, give an opinion, sway me one way or another? I'm leaning towards getting Soul Hackers, though I do wonder if I should get that Devil Survivor one.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    So I can't decide between getting that SMT game that came out recently or Etrian Odyssey.

Anyone who's played one or both, give an opinion, sway me one way or another? I'm leaning towards getting Soul Hackers, though I do wonder if I should get that Devil Survivor one.
    Not far in Soul Hackers, but Etrian Odyssey is pretty solid. So far, between the two, Etrian Odyssey seems to have the better battle system, but Soul Hackers has a story. The gameplay seems okay, from the five battles I have done(Still having the story get set up for me), but at this point, I can't say which is better
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    A little late to be posting a response but, Shin Megami Tensei has only a superficialy little resemblance to Pokemon (Demi-Kids subseries, not withstanding)

Yes, you fight with monsters and there is a heavily emphasized elemental strength weakness system in both. But the traditional games in the series (like 4) are quite a bit more focused on dungeon exploring and you don't pick a team of monsters, you have to constantly recruit or fuse stronger monsters to keep up with your enemies power level and you fight with a full party rather than 1 on 1.

There is also the Devil Survivor subseries on 3DS, where instead of dungeun exploration you fight in battles on grids. (So it's more of a strategy game spin-off)

Don't get me wrong the SMT games are fun, but I would get one of the games for a pokemon like experience at all. (except maybe Demi-Kids which is their take on a pokemon styled game)

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    You can start with any game. SMT4 is going to be super user-friendly so it's a great way to get started. You could also try either one of the Devil Survivors (I'd recommend getting Overclocked or waiting for Break Record) or Soul Hackers, though I wouldn't recommend touching any of the pre-Nocturne games like Soul Hackers/Persona 1+2 until you've played at least one modern SMT game.
    What's so inaccessible about Persona 2 compared to Nocturne? (I haven't played either, but as far as I know they are both in 3rd person unlike the rest of the older games)
    Last edited by Zazie; 21st April 2013 at 5:58 PM.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post

Tensei would be my suggestion over the two, I'd say pass on Odyssey.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

Nintendo of Europe have unveiled a new promotion. By registering three of a select eight titles on Club Nintendo, you can download a fourth for free.

I hadn't intended on buying any 3DS games in the near future, but I'm quite tempted with the news of this. I'm interested in Luigi's Mansion 2, FE:A, AC:NL, DKCR 3D and maybe Gates to Infinity. None of these games are must-haves for me, though I would like to play them. I've got a while to decide. I want to find out more about FE:A and try out the Gates to Infinity demo when it goes live, but I am put off by the poor selection of Pokémon available.

edit: I didn't see AuraChannelerChris' post in the eShop thread. Oh well.
    Last edited by The Eleventh; 22nd April 2013 at 9:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    I hadn't intended on buying any 3DS games in the near future, but I'm quite tempted with the news of this. I'm interested in Luigi's Mansion 2, FE:A, AC:NL, DKCR 3D and maybe Gates to Infinity. None of these games are must-haves for me, though I would like to play them. I've got a while to decide. I want to find out more about FE:A and try out the Gates to Infinity demo when it goes live, but I am put off by the poor selection of Pokémon available.

Well, I have a few of those if you care for personal reviews. FE:A is probably the first one you would want to get. It's an awesome game, so much variation, and a very well made, detailed story on top of that. It honestly doesn't get that boring for me, you get lots of mileage out of it.

PMD3D is alright. Good story, like the previous Mystery Dungeon's they've had, though the gameplay stays mostly the same. Though there's not much of a character selection in the beginning, they also have Companion Mode, where you can play off-story as one of the other Pokemon that you have recruited to your team.

I haven't got the other ones your mentioned, but I do have a bunch of others, so feel free to ask for any other comments on other games I might have.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

Nintendo of Europe have unveiled a new promotion. By registering three of a select eight titles on Club Nintendo, you can download a fourth for free.

Fire Emblem should definitely be a must-have. Especially if you've played and enjoyed any previous game. There's a ton of content to play around with.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I'm only really only interested in Animal Crossing out of these games and perhaps Mystery Dungeon, as I've never played any the previous games in the series before. I've heard a lot of good things about Fire Emblem but if I'm just going to be purchasing it for the sake of the promotion; to get a game which I may not even want to play, then I think I'll better off going at my own pace instead of going out and buying three games at once.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

I decided to order Fire Emblem: Awakening (I haven't played a previous game in the series, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it) and Luigi's Mansion 2, and I pre-ordered Gates to Infinity. New Leaf will be my free download.

Miiverse is on PC now, still no 3ds version though.
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    Miiverse is on PC now, still no 3ds version though.
    It's also only in beta on the web, give it time.

I think the WiiU one is still in development...
    『ポケモン不思議のダンジョン ~�� �グナゲートと∞迷宮(むげんだいめ� ��きゅう~』
    "I AM ERROR"~ZeldaII: The Adventure of Link
    Find me on the Pokemon TCGO forums, Fusemon, Pokefarm, and Chicken Smoothie! (Same screen name)

I AM A LEGIT SHINY TRADER, AND I ONLY TRADE LEGIT.
    I HAVE CLAIMED THE MASTER OF THE WINDS-TORNADUS!!!
    I FINALLY GOT A SHINY FLAWLESS ZORUA! YAY ME!

PROUD OWNER OF THE SECOND LEGIT SHINY RESHIRAM from the Mirage Spots in OR/AS. 11/26/14 on Japanese Omega Ruby. If anyone doesn't believe me or would just like to see it, it would be happy to battle you. PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by giratina519 View Post
    I think the WiiU one is still in development...
    MiiVerse? In the sense that almost any piece of software will undergo patching. But for all intents and purposes it is a finished product on WiiU.

I think there may be some other updates based on Nintendo of Japan's Nintendo Direct...
    『ポケモン不思議のダンジョン ~�� �グナゲートと∞迷宮(むげんだいめ� ��きゅう~』
    "I AM ERROR"~ZeldaII: The Adventure of Link
    Find me on the Pokemon TCGO forums, Fusemon, Pokefarm, and Chicken Smoothie! (Same screen name)

I AM A LEGIT SHINY TRADER, AND I ONLY TRADE LEGIT.
    I HAVE CLAIMED THE MASTER OF THE WINDS-TORNADUS!!!
    I FINALLY GOT A SHINY FLAWLESS ZORUA! YAY ME!

PROUD OWNER OF THE SECOND LEGIT SHINY RESHIRAM from the Mirage Spots in OR/AS. 11/26/14 on Japanese Omega Ruby. If anyone doesn't believe me or would just like to see it, it would be happy to battle you. PM me!

Page 457 of 526 FirstFirst ... 357407447453454455456457458459460461467507 ... LastLast