Page 459 of 526 FirstFirst ... 359409449455456457458459460461462463469509 ... LastLast
Results 11,451 to 11,475 of 13142

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

  1. #11451
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA,USA
    Posts
    1,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    To Nintendo's warranty!
    Yeah I was paranoid and paid $20 for a warranty at GameStop for my Pikachu 3DS XL haha. Btw are you guaranteed a Pikachu 3DS XL or just any 3DS XL?




    Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

    HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

    White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

  2. #11452
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Yeah I was paranoid and paid $20 for a warranty at GameStop for my Pikachu 3DS XL haha. Btw are you guaranteed a Pikachu 3DS XL or just any 3DS XL?
    Nintendo will repair yours.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  3. #11453
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by giratina519 View Post
    Remember that Pikachu 3DSxl I had? It broke... It won't charge or turn on...
    Why are you telling us then? send it to Nintendo and they will fix it for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Yeah I was paranoid and paid $20 for a warranty at GameStop
    Isn't buying a warranty from the store just a rip off?


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

  4. #11454
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA,USA
    Posts
    1,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Isn't buying a warranty from the store just a rip off?
    At the time I was rushing because I woke up late that day and my Target was sold out. I called a GameStop a mile from my house and they said they still had a few Pikachu 3DS XLs left. I guess the clerk was slick asking me that because I couldn't recall in a split second if that was the warranty I needed to send it to Nintendo and be able to get it fixed

    How does it work exactly? If something happens within a year I can send it to Nintendo and get it fixed for free, right? But if it's after a year I have to pay?




    Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

    HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

    White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

  5. #11455
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Isn't buying a warranty from the store just a rip off?
    Usually not, unless it's some back alley dealer or something.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  6. #11456
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    At the time I was rushing because I woke up late that day and my Target was sold out. I called a GameStop a mile from my house and they said they still had a few Pikachu 3DS XLs left. I guess the clerk was slick asking me that because I couldn't recall in a split second if that was the warranty I needed to send it to Nintendo and be able to get it fixed
    All you need to prove that the system is under a year warranty is your receipt from when you brought the system, that's it really.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    How does it work exactly? If something happens within a year I can send it to Nintendo and get it fixed for free, right? But if it's after a year I have to pay?
    That is correct.


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

  7. #11457
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Unova Region
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Nice Job Breaki-

    Uh, why would it break? I blame human error.
    I didn't break it... But human error DID cause it... A.K.A- the manufacuterers at Nintendo... It broke after having it for about a month- no drops, nothing spilled on it, I haven't mistreated it in anyway, it never left the house, and it always sat on my nightstand when I am not playing it- with my other one that is two years old and works like new. (Standard red 3DS, OG model) AND, I haven't touched it for half of that time!!! (Busy with other stuff... =3=) So it might have walked away on its own- broke itself, and then returned to the EXACT same spot I left it two weeks earlier... (What a messed up 3DS, lol)

    BTW, you are not GUARANTEED a Pikachu xl, the guy at Nintendo made me choose a Red or a Blue in the RARE event that it broke beyond repair... He assured me, however, that 99.9% of the time, the people get the same one back- working like new again... So, wish me luck! Shipping it out later next week...
    Last edited by giratina519; 3rd May 2013 at 2:04 AM.
    『ポケモン不思議のダンジョン ~�� �グナゲートと∞迷宮(むげんだいめ� ��きゅう~』
    "I AM ERROR"~ZeldaII: The Adventure of Link
    Find me on the Pokemon TCGO forums, Fusemon, Pokefarm, and Chicken Smoothie! (Same screen name)

    I AM A LEGIT SHINY TRADER, AND I ONLY TRADE LEGIT.
    I HAVE CLAIMED THE MASTER OF THE WINDS-TORNADUS!!!
    I FINALLY GOT A SHINY FLAWLESS ZORUA! YAY ME!

    PROUD OWNER OF THE SECOND LEGIT SHINY RESHIRAM from the Mirage Spots in OR/AS. 11/26/14 on Japanese Omega Ruby. If anyone doesn't believe me or would just like to see it, it would be happy to battle you. PM me!

  8. #11458
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    631

    Default

    So I bid on a brand new unopened Pikachu 3DS XL on evay for 45 dollars and somehow I did not get bid up. All the other auctions for this item were going to at least 300, if not more. I recieved it and it IS onopened, brand new, and authentic US version. So did nobody just catch this auction or is there some secret catch?
    My Y Team:

  9. #11459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akriloth View Post
    or is there some secret catch?
    The catch is that buying stuff on eBay - particularly rare stuff - for cheap is playing Russian roulette at best.

    The chamber you drew didn't appear to have a bullet in it this time, is all.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  10. #11460
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    The catch is that buying stuff on eBay - particularly rare stuff - for cheap is playing Russian roulette at best.

    The chamber you drew didn't appear to have a bullet in it this time, is all.
    So the seller just got really unlucky with nobody seeing his auction?
    I knew it was a risk getting it but at 45 bucks I couldn't NOT take the risk.
    My Y Team:

  11. #11461
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akriloth View Post
    So I bid on a brand new unopened Pikachu 3DS XL on evay for 45 dollars and somehow I did not get bid up. All the other auctions for this item were going to at least 300, if not more. I recieved it and it IS onopened, brand new, and authentic US version. So did nobody just catch this auction or is there some secret catch?
    If there really IS no problem with it, then you are one lucky customer.

    Did you also check the seller and see how reputable they are?
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  12. #11462
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    If there really IS no problem with it, then you are one lucky customer.

    Did you also check the seller and see how reputable they are?
    Yeah they had all good reviews and whatnot.
    My Y Team:

  13. #11463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akriloth View Post
    Yeah they had all good reviews and whatnot.
    $45? I smell a trap.

    If not, holy ----, you're lucky.

  14. #11464
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    $45? I smell a trap.

    If not, holy ----, you're lucky.
    It was only the starting bid. You know how you see a lot of super low starting bids? For some reason nobody seemed to be bidding on this auction, yet the rest of the Pikachu 3DS XL auctions had like 20-50 bids, some up to 600 bucks! It's already been delivered and it was in the original box unopened and it plays without glitches so I think it's legit. My guess is the sucker bought it and hoped to make a profit on it but got SUPER unlucky that nobody saw his auction?
    My Y Team:

  15. #11465
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA,USA
    Posts
    1,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akriloth View Post
    It was only the starting bid. You know how you see a lot of super low starting bids? For some reason nobody seemed to be bidding on this auction, yet the rest of the Pikachu 3DS XL auctions had like 20-50 bids, some up to 600 bucks! It's already been delivered and it was in the original box unopened and it plays without glitches so I think it's legit. My guess is the sucker bought it and hoped to make a profit on it but got SUPER unlucky that nobody saw his auction?
    I think if he bought it and wanted to make a profit that badly, he'd have put the opening bid higher. That is a really strange situation. The first reason that pops into my head is that he stole it and sold it for any price just for some quick money.

    But that's probably because I live in a bad neighborhood so most likely not the reason. Really lucky find! Good for you!




    Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

    HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

    White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

  16. #11466
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akriloth View Post
    It was only the starting bid. You know how you see a lot of super low starting bids? For some reason nobody seemed to be bidding on this auction, yet the rest of the Pikachu 3DS XL auctions had like 20-50 bids, some up to 600 bucks! It's already been delivered and it was in the original box unopened and it plays without glitches so I think it's legit. My guess is the sucker bought it and hoped to make a profit on it but got SUPER unlucky that nobody saw his auction?
    You got lucky because the seller got greedy and started the bid at $45 which puts people off on bidding as they want it for cheap. Anyway getting a 3DS for cheap is nothing as I brought some console at a cheap price, hell I brought a working Dreamcast for 99p.


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

  17. #11467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    You got lucky because the seller got greedy and started the bid at $45 which puts people off on bidding as they want it for cheap. Anyway getting a 3DS for cheap is nothing as I brought some console at a cheap price, hell I brought a working Dreamcast for 99p.
    Purchasing a brand new, limited edition 3DS XL for $45 is not exactly what I'd call "nothing".

  18. #11468
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kalos Region
    Posts
    1,290

    Default

    So Pokemon tretta comes to the 3DS

    Whoohoo -_____-

    At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

  19. #11469
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Idols
    Posts
    1,059

    Default

    It could be localized this time, but I probably wouldnt buy it, the idea of buying every disk things turns me off.
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

  20. #11470
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,177

    Default

    I doubt Tretta 3DS will be localized. That scanner peripheral that comes with it is probably very expensive to make, and Battrio/Tretta isn't really that popular outside of Japan (or at least not here in the U.S.).
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  21. #11471
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Idols
    Posts
    1,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I doubt Tretta 3DS will be localized. That scanner peripheral that comes with it is probably very expensive to make, and Battrio/Tretta isn't really that popular outside of Japan (or at least not here in the U.S.).
    They have no idea how popular it is, barely anyone outside of japan has heard of it, they have never attempted to bring it over.
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

  22. #11472
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    They have no idea how popular it is, barely anyone outside of japan has heard of it, they have never attempted to bring it over.
    Battrio sets have been sold here in the U.S., actually. I think the TCG makes it seem redundant, though. I don't see it catching on.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  23. #11473
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Glendale, AZ
    Posts
    1,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Battrio sets have been sold here in the U.S., actually. I think the TCG makes it seem redundant, though. I don't see it catching on.
    Yeah, by importing from Japanese retailers online, of course...

    ^ If a product is japanese-exclusive, then as long as one country has similar power standards to japan(for example, the USA), importing that product to that same country is legitimately possible(although you cannot buy battrio(since it's japan-exclusive, as mentioned already) sets from stores located within the importee's country if it's not otherwise designed for use outside the importer's country(Japan))... And if that's not true, how come my sister can play fire emblem: mystery of the emblem in the USA, despite that game being japanese-exclusive???

    ^ So, unless America's electric standards change anytime soon, I can assume that you can still play battrio in America(but you'll have to learn language to understand the script), despite battrio not being officially localized(meaning not officially released by NOA, so they don't get the money they could've gotten had they localized battrio) in the states, so if anyone knows japanese, and wants battrio, why be stingy when an english-language version is not officially coming?
    Last edited by gregjammer; 9th May 2013 at 6:45 PM.
    My D/P FC: 4255-0421-2254
    My Pt FC: 2450-0507-5436(old)
    My HG FC:3524-8966-7093(old)
    My black FC: 0691-4324-8351
    My black 2 FC: 3440-0907-8860
    My Y FC: 4038-6458-7352

  24. #11474
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gregjammer View Post
    Yeah, by importing from Japanese retailers online, of course...

    ^ If a product is japanese-exclusive, then as long as one country has similar power standards to japan(for example, the USA), importing that product to that same country is legitimately possible(although you cannot buy battrio(since it's japan-exclusive, as mentioned already) sets from stores located within the importee's country if it's not otherwise designed for use outside the importer's country(Japan))... And if that's not true, how come my sister can play fire emblem: mystery of the emblem in the USA, despite that game being japanese-exclusive???

    ^ So, unless America's electric standards change anytime soon, I can assume that you can still play battrio in America(but you'll have to learn language to understand the script), despite battrio not being officially localized(meaning not officially released by NOA, so they don't get the money they could've gotten had they localized battrio) in the states, so if anyone knows japanese, and wants battrio, why be stingy when an english-language version is not officially coming?
    No, I've seen English language Battrio sets sold in places like Wal Mart and Target. IDK if they've ever sold the electronic readers, but I definitely remember seeing the pucks sold in American stores.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  25. #11475
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post
    So Pokemon tretta comes to the 3DS

    Whoohoo -_____-
    Were you excepting something else? Beside it's highly unlikely that it won't be localized in the West.

    Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    It could be localized this time, but I probably wouldnt buy it, the idea of buying every disk things turns me off.
    I doubt that since the disk is mean to be used with the Tretta arcade.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    No, I've seen English language Battrio sets sold in places like Wal Mart and Target. IDK if they've ever sold the electronic readers, but I definitely remember seeing the pucks sold in American stores.
    Why would they sell the Battrio sets in the west when they were meant to be used with the arcade machine, which was never localized. Are you sure that you aren't thinking of the Pokémon Trading Figure Game instead?


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Page 459 of 526 FirstFirst ... 359409449455456457458459460461462463469509 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •