Page 461 of 526 FirstFirst ... 361411451457458459460461462463464465471511 ... LastLast
Results 11,501 to 11,525 of 13142

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I think they should wait until the 3rd gen games are completely obsolete before they start putting Pokemon games on the eShop. RBY and GSC won't be ideal because they're not compatible with subsequent games. Also, RBY is kind of a broken game.
    I doubt they will put older Pokémon games (bar spin-offs) on the eShop. What's available on the market at its core is so much better than that of the old. Looking for a RPG with a better adventure? There are many out there on the market, read reviews and take your pick. Want to play the actual game? Hunt down a machine that can play Game Boy Advance cartridges along with the game itself. As for becoming completely obsolete, as long as the new generation titles are compatible with the previous generation titles it never will be obsolete just unused and collecting dust.
    Last edited by ParaChomp; 21st May 2013 at 5:12 AM. Reason: grammar
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    I doubt they will put older Pokémon games (bar spin-offs) on the eShop. What's available on the market at its core is so much better than that of the old. Looking for a RPG with a better adventure? There are many out there on the market, read reviews and take your pick. Want to play the actual game? Hunt down a machine that can play Game Boy Advance cartridges along with the game itself.
    Hunting down the original game is way too expensive. Besides, what if you become a Pokemon fan 10 years after the game comes out and have no access to them? We have remakes, but even those will become obsolete, and I doubt they will remake the games ad nauseum from now until the end of the series.

As for becoming completely obsolete, as long as the new generation titles are compatible with the previous generation titles it never will be obsolete just unused and collecting dust.
    That's just it, though, GBA compatibility is being phased out as DS and DS Lite models are no longer being sold. In a few years when those are gone, there will be no way to replay GBA games, which is right around the time where ports become necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Oh, and Gen 1 Wrap was the worst thing ever conceived.

Ok, so I'm REALLY dumb (A.K.A. trolling myself, lol) and I lost my 3DS... If anyone found a red 3DS on a school bus, its mine. If not, well any suggestions???? HELP!!!!! Btw, my data is safe. Used parental controls to lock everything, and have the system linked to my Club Nintendo account and I have proof that the system is mine. ^_^ Nobody's messin with mah Kazami >
    『ポケモン不思議のダンジョン ~�� �グナゲートと∞迷宮(むげんだいめ� ��きゅう~』
    "I AM ERROR"~ZeldaII: The Adventure of Link
    Find me on the Pokemon TCGO forums, Fusemon, Pokefarm, and Chicken Smoothie! (Same screen name)

I AM A LEGIT SHINY TRADER, AND I ONLY TRADE LEGIT.
    I HAVE CLAIMED THE MASTER OF THE WINDS-TORNADUS!!!
    I FINALLY GOT A SHINY FLAWLESS ZORUA! YAY ME!

PROUD OWNER OF THE SECOND LEGIT SHINY RESHIRAM from the Mirage Spots in OR/AS. 11/26/14 on Japanese Omega Ruby. If anyone doesn't believe me or would just like to see it, it would be happy to battle you. PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by giratina519 View Post
    Ok, so I'm REALLY dumb (A.K.A. trolling myself, lol) and I lost my 3DS... If anyone found a red 3DS on a school bus, its mine. If not, well any suggestions???? HELP!!!!! Btw, my data is safe. Used parental controls to lock everything, and have the system linked to my Club Nintendo account and I have proof that the system is mine. ^_^ Nobody's messin with mah Kazami >
    You really think asking a forum filled with people from all around the world is going to help you find it?

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    You really think asking a forum filled with people from all around the world is going to help you find it?
    Look in the school bus you lost it.

In case it's not there anymore, interrogate every single person. Use brutality if necessary.

I'm gonna go with hydra, you do know the likelyness of somebody who lurks this thread, lives in your town, goes to your school, found a red 3ds, on the bus you take, and rides at the same times you ride?
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

I found a red 3DS on a school bus, but it's not your's.

Does this mean I'm allowed to keep it? If it does turn out to be your's, can I keep it anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post

Does this mean I'm allowed to keep it? If it does turn out to be your's, can I keep it anyway?
    Yes, losing something on a school bus is like donating to goodwill, only involentary.

But keep that search up, guy. Just tickling a few ribs.

Pretty much. Giratina519, you're asking the wrong people.

It's pretty much gone now, save up and buy a new one (an XL preferably as the battery lasts longer), I know it's costly but if you really want one that badly. Luckily saved data goes onto the cartridge so this might be a bit of a hindrance for all of your downloaded titles, DLC, the possible cartridge that was in the system when you lost it, and settings.
    Last edited by ParaChomp; 22nd May 2013 at 1:24 AM. Reason: double post

That's why my 3DS never leaves the house. An if I do take it with me for play coins it stays in my pocket, if I play it an once I'm done it goes straight into my pocket.
    Like what other's have said it's highly unlikely anyone on this forum lives in your town much less riding the same exact bus as you. Sorry to say this but if you havn't found it by now it's pretty much gone forever. Anyone else that may have found it already most likely isn't going to be kind enough to give it to the driver or even make an attempt to give it back to you. So.... yeah, like what Parachomp said start saving up for a new 3DS or XL if you want one again. An might I suggest when you do get another take better care of it.

It would really suck if I lost my 3DS just because I would lose over $120 worth of stuff from the e-shop. Not to mention my 3DS is apart of the ambassador program, I'd lose all that too.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    I'm gonna go with hydra, you do know the likelyness of somebody who lurks this thread, lives in your town, goes to your school, found a red 3ds, on the bus you take, and rides at the same times you ride?
    Hydra, really?

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Hydra, really?
    I meant hydro.

Also shauntie is coming to VC, never played it before. Is it any good?

Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    I meant hydro.

Also shauntie is coming to VC, never played it before. Is it any good?
    It's an underrated gem that costs a leg in retail form.

What's available on the market at its core is so much better than that of the old. Looking for a RPG with a better adventure? There are many out there on the market, read reviews and take your pick. Want to play the actual game? Hunt down a machine that can play Game Boy Advance cartridges along with the game itself.
    You realize you could say the exact same thing about any game ever, right?

Nobody's messin with mah Kazami >
    Someone can easily take out the cartridge and delete the Pokemon in another DS you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    You realize you could say the exact same thing about any game ever, right?
    True but Pokémon's main selling point is the connectivity between games which would be impossible with a Virtual Console release.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post

NO!!!!! Mine!!!!!! Also, I have the parental comtrols on it to lock everything out, AND, to override them, you need the serial number to get the master key, which I accidentally tore off the back... So give me my 3DS...

EDIT: also, jb, why would someone steal MY DS if they already have one???
    Also, the little kids are goody-two shoes'. They are constantly telling on each other even if they LOOK at each other the wrong way. Plus they are too young and I will laugh when their eyes burn out, lol MUHAHAHAHAHAHA... The bus is practically empty when I get off, and then there's the little ones that get off after us older kids. The only two people that get off after me, well- one knows my mom, and another's a good friend- so no stealing from anyone on my ride- plus, the friend already has one...

image.jpg <------ the little kids after they steal my 3DS...
    Last edited by giratina519; 22nd May 2013 at 9:43 PM.
    Find me on the Pokemon TCGO forums, Fusemon, Pokefarm, and Chicken Smoothie! (Same screen name)

PROUD OWNER OF THE SECOND LEGIT SHINY RESHIRAM from the Mirage Spots in OR/AS. 11/26/14 on Japanese Omega Ruby. If anyone doesn't believe me or would just like to see it, it would be happy to battle you. PM me!

Pokémon's main selling point is the connectivity between games which would be impossible with a Virtual Console release.
    The Oracle games are in the same way too, but they are on the 3DS' Virtual Console.

Besides, I mainly think that the main reason Pokčmon main series games aren't going to be on the 3DS' Virtual Console is mainly since it's still ain't that hard to play 3rd on back generations these days. That is because: First Gen was remade during Gen 3 for GBA and you could get a copy of FRLG pre-owned at a place like GameStop, Second Gen is playable via it's remake HGSS for DS, and Third Gen is technically the same for First Gen (at this time).

there's no Battle Frontier?!

True but Pokémon's main selling point is the connectivity between games which would be impossible with a Virtual Console release.
    They could simply make Stadium available on the Wii U's Virtual Console. There we go, problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Given the break in the compatibility chain between Generations II and III, that would require extensive rewriting of some of the most fundamental elements of the games' code. That's even less realistic than the games getting digital releases in the first place.

Also, why are you replying to a post from last October?
    boredom, not paying attention, ..... mainly boredom
    3DS CODE: 0361-6632-9155
    Pokemon B2: 3697 9896 1041

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this in your signature

Quote Originally Posted by DaAuraWolf View Post
    The Oracle games are in the same way too, but they are on the 3DS' Virtual Console.

Besides, I mainly think that the main reason Pokčmon main series games aren't going to be on the 3DS' Virtual Console is mainly since it's still ain't that hard to play 3rd on back generations these days. That is because: First Gen was remade during Gen 3 for GBA and you could get a copy of FRLG pre-owned at a place like GameStop, Second Gen is playable via it's remake HGSS for DS, and Third Gen is technically the same for First Gen (at this time).
    i was gonna mention that too.
    Just because it is virtual console doesnt mean it has to lose its connectivity, i mean, its not like the game was designed to be a single player. And they are clearly willing to put GBA games on the 3DS sooo....
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

uhhhhh .... uhm but they can still just take the game OUT of the slot right?
    3DS CODE: 0361-6632-9155
    Pokemon B2: 3697 9896 1041

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this in your signature

They could put the original red and blue on virtual console- that would be nice. And I know a lot of people who would want that too... Pokemon games in their original format-( not remade except to fit the 3DS screen size), and not costing an arm and a leg. Btw, my friend found my 3DS, so I have it back now. ^_^

Let's face it already. Old Pokémon games are never coming out because connectivity was all the rage in the first generations, except it was tedious compared to today. Also, it's just pointless to reprogram the games to connect with each other... And also, all gens before gen 4 had the worst mechanics.

The Oracle games can get away with it because of the password system. Hell, I bet Golden Sun can get away with it too if it ever was released.

Page 461 of 526 FirstFirst ... 361411451457458459460461462463464465471511 ... LastLast