Page 471 of 522 FirstFirst ... 371421461467468469470471472473474475481521 ... LastLast
Results 11,751 to 11,775 of 13036

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I dunno... Some anime...
    Game-wise, the tales of series is one of the most prominent, next to the KH series, but we don't talk about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    It's a pretty pitiful excuse not to like the series. I played some of Symphonia, and already did I find the characters likable. The game had good characterization.

Shall we move on to the hundreds of Danny Phantom fanfics. Does all of that make it a bad cartoon on Nick?
    I'm not saying it's bad, I just pointing out something I've noticed about the series.

Doesn't help that a bunch of my friends are part of the aforementioned fangirls, and their constant shoving of yaoi in my face.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Mario and Luigi Dream Team Bros is soo good and funny.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

[QUOTE=Grim Heaper;16168631]Game-wise, the tales of series is one of the most prominent, next to the KH series, but we don't talk about that.
    [QUOTE]

No it isn't, and you know nothing if you think this.

Really should've preordered SMT IV; I got the last spare copy in the store.

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Mario and Luigi Dream Team Bros is soo good and funny.
    What kind of game is that, anyway? Is it another platformer?

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    What kind of game is that, anyway? Is it another platformer?
    Its an RPG first and foremost, but there is a little bit of platforming in the overworld too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    Its an RPG first and foremost, but there is a little bit of platforming in the overworld too.
    It's also a better Mario RPG than Paper Mario: Sticker Star.

And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

^ Best post ever.

Is SMT IV Any good? I was thinking of buying that and Project X Zone when I have more money.
    Pokemon X and Y In-Game: Andrew | Poison Friend Safari:
    [img]http://i45.*******.com/25ksuie.png[/img]
    Credit goes to Shiny_Wooper for the Team Pose and Astral Shadow for the Circle of life~

Quote Originally Posted by ~Devious Blaze~ View Post
    Is SMT IV Any good? I was thinking of buying that and Project X Zone when I have more money.
    It's quite addictive, I thought I'd go in not liking it but 3 hours in and it's very enjoyable. I'm not fond of modern RPGs with still sprite artwork but that's personal preference. I will say that the story hasn't kicked in yet and I've read that it isn't good. Otherwise, still good fun.

My main complaint though is dying and that you're unable to soft-reset. Am I the only one experiencing this?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    My main complaint though is dying and that you're unable to soft-reset. Am I the only one experiencing this?
    Yes. If there was just some sort of button combination you could press to return to the title screen when you're in a fight and you know you've screwed up big-time, that'd just be dandy. I'm picking up on the whole "save early, save often" thing, though.

Also, is it me, or are demons in this game really, really needy and really, really aggressive? I played Soul Hackers, where it was a lot of dialogue trees with questions that you did have to think about, but the demons didn't instantly attack you if you screwed up (though they could refuse to talk further), needing to give up crap was uncommon, and needing to give up a lot of crap through consecutive demands by the demon was very rare. In this game, it almost feels like recruiting new demons is more trouble than it's worth - either someone loses about 80% of their health from a demon attack when they get pissed off, or I lose a good chunk of supplies getting them to join.

EDIT:

Spoiler:- Genius:
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 17th July 2013 at 6:30 AM.

i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months

EDIT:

Spoiler:- Genius:
    Yeah the club Nintendo survey can be dumb and really need a revamp.

^ Best post ever.

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    It's also a better Mario RPG than Paper Mario: Sticker Star.
    It is actually a better RPG than any other Mario RPG game. Well, at least Bowser's Inside Story is, I still need to pick Dream Team.

I am buying SMT IV this week. I was opposed to the idea of buying a low budget game by $49, but well, I am a huge fan of the franchise. It is actually the only RPG franchise I care about (besides Pokémon and Mario & Luigi, two franchises that are very... different from usual boring RPGs). Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne was such an awesome game, hopefully IV is a good as it.

I might buy SMTIV. I don't have the money yet, but if I did then I could get it before the $30 deal ends. I've not played an SMT game but I'm willing to give it a try. FE Awakening was my first full attempt at Fire Emblem (own Radiant Dawn but never finished it) and I love it.
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:
    Anime List

Yes. If there was just some sort of button combination you could press to return to the title screen when you're in a fight and you know you've screwed up big-time, that'd just be dandy. I'm picking up on the whole "save early, save often" thing, though.
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one. You think Atlus hired Resetti?

Woo, 30 bucks! Want to save for Smash Bros. but it's so tempting to spend...
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one. You think Atlus hired Resetti?

Woo, 30 bucks! Want to save for Smash Bros. but it's so tempting to spend...
    You'll be saving it for a long time...

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    I am buying SMT IV this week. I was opposed to the idea of buying a low budget game by $49, but well, I am a huge fan of the franchise. It is actually the only RPG franchise I care about (besides Pokémon and Mario & Luigi, two franchises that are very... different from usual boring RPGs). Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne was such an awesome game, hopefully IV is a good as it.
    The 49 dollars are justified though. I dunno about you, but 176 page strategy guide/artbook, and a full soundtrack more than justify the ten extra bucks. And if SMTIV is low budget, what is every other game on the 3DS? SMTIV seems to have one of the highest budgets I've seen for the 3DS so far. Sure, Atlus could've done it on a console, but they stated why they wanted to do it on the 3DS.
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Darkness View Post
    The 49 dollars are justified though. I dunno about you, but 176 page strategy guide/artbook, and a full soundtrack more than justify the ten extra bucks. And if SMTIV is low budget, what is every other game on the 3DS? SMTIV seems to have one of the highest budgets I've seen for the 3DS so far. Sure, Atlus could've done it on a console, but they stated why they wanted to do it on the 3DS.
    Besides, I do find the story good. The characters are above average to my liking.

EDIT: *Sees VA list* Holy crap, Jonathan is FE Owain.
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 18th July 2013 at 1:58 AM.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

The 49 dollars are justified though. I dunno about you, but 176 page strategy guide/artbook, and a full soundtrack more than justify the ten extra bucks.
    unless you buy it off the eShop

Having played it pretty much non-stop for the last couple of hours, I'd say it's gotten quite a bit easier (though I can't tell whether or not I'm overleveled or underleveled - FYI I'm Lv. 10 and just did the optional dragon quest).

Out of curiosity, was anyone else aware of the DLC quests, or using the equipment gotten from them? I'm just using the White Helmet at this point (the other armor has meh stats and I'm under the assumption that Agility is the God stat in this game).

EDIT:

Spoiler:- 5th Nabufu Boss Spoiler:

Seriously, why is the Press Turn system even a thing? Isn't getting an SE hit on a monster reward enough in and of itself without the ability to get fifteen hits in because of it? Isn't missing your attack unlucky enough without having to forfeit another attack as well, all because the PRNG didn't really like you?
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 18th July 2013 at 6:41 AM.

unless you buy it off the eShop

Having played it pretty much non-stop for the last couple of hours, I'd say it's gotten quite a bit easier (though I can't tell whether or not I'm overleveled or underleveled - FYI I'm Lv. 10 and just did the optional dragon quest).

Out of curiosity, was anyone else aware of the DLC quests, or using the equipment gotten from them? I'm just using the White Helmet at this point (the other armor has meh stats and I'm under the assumption that Agility is the God stat in this game).
    I was aware of them.

The GS outfit makes this game's early dungeon Very Hard Mode due to its weakness to physical blows.

The 49 dollars are justified though. I dunno about you, but 176 page strategy guide/artbook, and a full soundtrack more than justify the ten extra bucks.
    That's great, but if I were to make a purchase off of Eshop, I wouldn't see that strategy guide/artbook.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    That's great, but if I were to make a purchase off of Eshop, I wouldn't see that strategy guide/artbook.
    Which is why most people go for the retail version.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Which is why most people go for the retail version.
    Which is a shame, because I'm starting to lose my appeal for cartridges, it's just too much of a hassle, especially if I lose them.

I wish I had enough money to get both Pokemon X and Y off of Eshop (so I can get it and play, so then I could, cancel my pre-ordered Pokemon Y which I apparently have wait until October 18th to play it (at least at this moment that's what it says), even though I purchased the 2 day shipping option.

But regardless, I don't really want to spend $50 on 3DS game, when I'm already having problems just trying to get a $35 game. And right now this $50 game is not my top priority. And I'm sure as hell not going to be able to spend $90 just to get that free $30 by the time, since I also have yet to get Fire Emblem Awakening, which I should've waited for instead of spending $40 on Code of Princess (which wasn't bad, I just quickly lost my appeal to that game). And I decided to get Luigi's Mansion, and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon instead as well. Plus with Animal Crossing which is currently top priority, getting $90 just to buy these two games just for $30 extra on Eshop, sounds impossible, until I can get some money soon.

Edit: And on top of that, my wishlist comprises of games totaling up to $720, games that I would like to play but never will (well except a few titles here and there).
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 18th July 2013 at 6:41 PM.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

HOLY ****! Just went on to the eShop on my 3DS and an incomplete unified eShop pops up each time with both Wii U and 3DS purchases. Looks like unified accounts are coming guys.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    HOLY ****! Just went on to the eShop on my 3DS and an incomplete unified eShop pops up each time with both Wii U and 3DS purchases. Looks like unified accounts are coming guys.
    Awesome, now when we getting miiverse for 3DS?
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    Awesome, now when we getting miiverse for 3DS?
    This fall, if emily rogers is to be believed. By the end of the year going by Nintendo's statement otherwise.

Hopefully it does end up being this Autumn so it's right in time for XY. Can't wait for my 3DS & Wii U to have a unified account and to be done with the stupid Friend Codes.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Page 471 of 522 FirstFirst ... 371421461467468469470471472473474475481521 ... LastLast