Page 475 of 522 FirstFirst ... 375425465471472473474475476477478479485 ... LastLast
Results 11,851 to 11,875 of 13031

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    After watching the animated series and Feminist Frequency's videos this news leaves this odd taste in my mouth.
    Oh me too, especially since Anita doesn't have a clue what she's talking about, steals clip from someone else without crediting them and clearly all her opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Mario & Luigi: Dream Team comes out tomorrow, guys.
    Heh you guys in the US only just got that game, where I am almost finished with it.

I'm completely in love with M&L:4. The second boss battle had to be the best one I've seen so far which was incredibly long (meaning that the bosses in this game are a little more resilient than in BiS...unless you're way too much into increasing POW).
    Hmm not really, it's just that you don't have the badges, access to better items or haven't unlocked the bros attack yet. While the game isn't easy easy at Bowser's inside story but it isn't hard either.

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi_Muffin View Post
    I have 'Mario and Luigi: Dream Team Bros' (have no idea why us Brits have the 'Bros' there)
    Because Europe is awesome and beside it isn't like that it's incorrect.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

I'm only up to the second Dream World portal in Dream Team, but I'm already enjoying it far more than the previous game. This certainly is redemption for Mario RPGs after the Sticker Star disaster.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    I'm only up to the second Dream World portal in Dream Team, but I'm already enjoying it far more than the previous game. This certainly is redemption for Mario RPGs after the Sticker Star disaster.
    Mario & Luigi and Paper Mario are like apples and oranges. The Mario & Luigi games have had pretty consistent success, imo.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Ok playing dream team, fighting a boss that spawns smaller enemies, killed one of them and got a 'secret box' so I use it, it KO's everything on the field! Including the bros! I'm scared to use them now, though I wish we still had the retry clocks instead of unlimited retry.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

I picked up Dream Team today, and I'm loving it, even though I'm only like two hours in. I'm going to be playing this for a while. I can tell it's going to be competing with ACNL for which gets more play time now!
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Mario & Luigi and Paper Mario are like apples and oranges. The Mario & Luigi games have had pretty consistent success, imo.
    They've definitely had more consistent success than the Paper Mario series, though in my book Sticker Star was PM's only failure.

Regardless, though, I played a little more and I'm definitely enjoying it more than Bowser's Inside Story so far.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Spoiler:- Shin Megami Tensei IV:
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Does Anyone know where I can find the Deep Green Mosses from the challenge quest you get early in the game. I have 2/3 and I have no idea where I got them, and I heard that the locations were set, but I can't seem the final one. Can anyone help, with either a detailed location of where to find it, or perhaps a map of where to find them.
    The Deep Green Mosses are found in the the piles of junk scattered around Naraku, and drop like Relics do. Look at your map to see which parts of Naraku you haven't visited, and check there. I don't know which ones you have already, but just keep looting.

I would look hard myself, but I keep running into and battling demons, and while I am fairly decent, I hate running into demons, because it turns me around and then I have no idea where I am going. Plus battling all these demons are just a waste of my time (health and MP). I want to find the green moss, get it, complete my three challenge quests, and move on. Especially when I have to make constant trips to the Barracks, because these demons won't leave me the hell alone.
    I'd suggest that you try to recruit some of the demons you're encountering, since if you Scout a demon you already have, the battle will end (occasionally you'll get a bonus such as an item, Macca, or slight health/MP healing). Recruit more demons, and if some start running low on health or MP, switch them out. Feel free to fuse and then recruit more, of course; fused demons will have a better selection of skills than fresh ones, and you can get different demons than you've got from just recruiting.

If the battles are really that hard for you, you probably ought to level up a bit. Leveling up will give you points to distribute to your attributes (Agility and either Strength or Magic are probably your most important ones right now), it'll raise the level ceiling for demon recruitment and fusion, it'll raise your max HP and MP (as well as restore them), and give you App Points, which you ought to save for some of the better Apps (demon skill slots, demon stock slots, Demolingual, Skill Smoother, Compendium summon discounts, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    The Deep Green Mosses are found in the the piles of junk scattered around Naraku, and drop like Relics do. Look at your map to see which parts of Naraku you haven't visited, and check there. I don't know which ones you have already, but just keep looting.
    I found it by a happy accident, I found a crawl space location, and it led me somewhere new in the first floor and I found it.

I'd suggest that you try to recruit some of the demons you're encountering, since if you Scout a demon you already have, the battle will end (occasionally you'll get a bonus such as an item, Macca, or slight health/MP healing). Recruit more demons, and if some start running low on health or MP, switch them out. Feel free to fuse and then recruit more, of course; fused demons will have a better selection of skills than fresh ones, and you can get different demons than you've got from just recruiting.

If the battles are really that hard for you, you probably ought to level up a bit. Leveling up will give you points to distribute to your attributes (Agility and either Strength or Magic are probably your most important ones right now), it'll raise the level ceiling for demon recruitment and fusion, it'll raise your max HP and MP (as well as restore them), and give you App Points, which you ought to save for some of the better Apps (demon skill slots, demon stock slots, Demolingual, Skill Smoother, Compendium summon discounts, etc).
    I have plenty of demons, I just get in trouble when my demons have low MP, and the enemy hits me with pre-emptive strikes.

It's not a one time issue, it's a cumulative effect when searching for things, and I run into 5 demon battles, and I'm spending a lot of MP, just to end the battle quickly. And then some enemies strike my demons for 50 HP at a time (even though they are at a higher level and a neutral element), some often are close to OHKOs. I just rely on the Barracks, simply because of MP issues, I do have Dia, so I'm not too pressed on the HP issue. I just wish I found items that restored my MP, and a lot of that item.

Why is it always MP, in these type of games that are hard to restore on the battlefield? Oh well.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I have plenty of demons, I just get in trouble when my demons have low MP, and the enemy hits me with pre-emptive strikes.
    You snooze, you lose. Preemptive strikes will get you throughout the whole game; best thing you can do about it is go for your own preemptive strike.

It's not a one time issue, it's a cumulative effect when searching for things, and I run into 5 demon battles, and I'm spending a lot of MP, just to end the battle quickly.
    You don't need to do that if you have the demon you're fighting on you; Scout the demons you've already got, and try to use more regular attacks when you can. High Strength demons can do well with those, and IIRC the only thing in Naraku that resists Physical is the Lham Deargs.

I just wish I found items that restored my MP, and a lot of that item.
    They'll start showing up later in the game, don't worry.

i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months

Debating between SMT IV,Dream Team or PKNM MD. All look fun. Wish we got more info on Mr.Inafune's new ip

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonFan13 View Post
    Debating between SMT IV,Dream Team or PKNM MD. All look fun. Wish we got more info on Mr.Inafune's new ip
    Scratch PKMN MD as it doesn't have all the Pokémon (even the previous popular ones from previous gens) since it's not that good as a spin-off.

The other two, though? You can't go wrong with either one. Bonus if you have FE: Awakening and buy SMT IV to get an extra $30 from Club Nintendo.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Ness - Complete!

Scratch PKMN MD as it doesn't have all the Pokémon (even the previous popular ones from previous gens) since it's not that good as a spin-off.

The other two, though? You can't go wrong with either one. Bonus if you have FE: Awakening and buy SMT IV to get an extra $30 from Club Nintendo.
    Ah cool never played the Mario RPGs well played Sticker Star but nto sure if that counts

I've not had the chance to play Dream Team, but I'd recommend SMT IV if you're looking for a bit of a challenge (and want a 'mon-based JRPG to tide you over until XY). I found it to be a rewarding experience, though there are a few Guide Dang It moments. It's fairly plot-intensive, and there's a lot of customization available through demons and abilities and such.

That would be a terrible sole reason to label it "not that good" or otherwise not buy it. It wouldn't even be a very good contributing reason.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonFan13 View Post
    Of those, I've only played SMT IV, and I'm loving it so far. I hear Dream Team's good fun as well, but Pokemon Mystery Dungeon doesn't seem as good.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    That would be a terrible sole reason to label it "not that good" or otherwise not buy it. It wouldn't even be a very good contributing reason.
    What he's getting at is that the 150some Pokemon in GtI don't give the game a satisfying amount of variety, which is a legitimate complaint against the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

It might hold more water as a complaint if the games were linked to the core gameplay, like how the original Pokémon Stadium only had a select number of the original 151.

Complaining that the entire 649 aren't playable in a game where the critters play as vague facsimiles of themselves, at best, is a tenuous complaint at best. Again, it's a poor sole reason to not buy the game and doesn't fare much better even as a contributing reason.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

If you're buying Mystery Dungeon for the Pokemon you need to rethink your decision. Mystery Dungeon games are mostly about the story, which Pokemon are in the game or which Pokemon you use doesn't really matter.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Spoiler:- SMT IV Spoiler (really, really end-game):

On Shin Megami Tensei IV, I'm at the Minotaur and I'm almost at level 15.

Spoiler:

On Shin Megami Tensei IV, I'm at the Minotaur and I'm almost at level 15.

Spoiler:
    It's up to you; if you've got the cash, you can always re-summon the Oni and Knocker from the Compendium, but you're better off having multiple demons with Bufu so you can continually spam it and rack up Press Turns. You're leveled pretty well, so the Minotaur shouldn't be a problem for you - just remember to use your buff and debuff skills, especially Sukukaja and Sukunda, so it doesn't manage to pull off a total party kill. Fang Breaker's also a good idea; you can use it repeatedly to stack attack debuffs, and early-game bosses don't carry Dekunda or Dekaja, so they can't really do too much about stat changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    It's up to you; if you've got the cash, you can always re-summon the Oni and Knocker from the Compendium, but you're better off having multiple demons with Bufu so you can continually spam it and rack up Press Turns. You're leveled pretty well, so the Minotaur shouldn't be a problem for you - just remember to use your buff and debuff skills, especially Sukukaja and Sukunda, so it doesn't manage to pull off a total party kill. Fang Breaker's also a good idea; you can use it repeatedly to stack attack debuffs, and early-game bosses don't carry Dekunda or Dekaja, so they can't really do too much about stat changes.
    Which demons have good force attacks, because I barely managed to beat Minotaur, and I'm at the next boss, which requires force to attack.

Which demons have good force attacks, because I barely managed to beat Minotaur, and I'm at the next boss, which requires force to attack.
    When you do a Fusion Search, scroll down to where Mido lets you filter for specific skills, and search for Force skills specifically (or you can say you want Zan or Mazan or Zanma specifically). If you want a demon that does well against Gun and/or Electric skills (which the next boss has), search for demons who have Gun or Electric as their affinity.
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 15th August 2013 at 11:10 PM.

Anyone else pre-ordered Pokemon X and Y at Gamestop?
    I've been looking off an on to see if they would do any Bonus item for pre-ordering but it doesn't say anything. I just looked on google and noticed about a month ago people get a Poster of the Kalos Region if they've pre-ordered. Now I'm kind of confused one website last month was talking about the poster, but other's say it wasn't announced until Aug 4th.
    Only problem for me is that I pre-ordered Pokemon Y when I was back home just a few weeks ago, but the guy there said nothing about the poster. Home is about 200 miles away and I don't really plan on making a trip back until the game's get released. I can just wait and get the poster when I pick up the game on Oct 12th.
    Not entirely sure how pre-ordering works, but I doubt I can just go to the closest Gamestop and ask for the poster there. Pretty sure I can only pick up the game/bonus item where I originally pre-ordered the game.
    Last edited by Zyon; 16th August 2013 at 4:16 PM.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

Page 475 of 522 FirstFirst ... 375425465471472473474475476477478479485 ... LastLast