Page 480 of 522 FirstFirst ... 380430470476477478479480481482483484490 ... LastLast
Results 11,976 to 12,000 of 13045

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

@bobandbill and gustavo: I anticipate a very few. Mine is a graduate/professional-only school, so everyone's an adult. The kind with careers and kids and stuff, heh. ^_^;

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    @bobandbill and gustavo: I anticipate a very few. Mine is a graduate/professional-only school, so everyone's an adult. The kind with careers and kids and stuff, heh. ^_^;
    Oh, a graduate-only school? Then nevermind, I completely understand why you're anticipating few. Though you never know when you'll run into someone when you're going to and from places.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

I suppose it also depends on how you get there. Most of my trip is by train, so I get a few hits on public transport as well.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: The Coffee Guy's Rants: Remakes! He doesn't like them.
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

If I'm lucky I may get one every two weeks if I carry it around with me everywhere I go.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I have only ever gotten 5 people on Streetpass. But once I met a guy who had several hundred Miis and they ALL went to my Plaza. Now I have about 400 Miis in my Plaza.
    Latest Shiny!

Chain fish in Cyllage City in Pokemon X!

3DS FC: 4682 - 8902 - 8849
    PM me if you decide to add me. Psychic Friend Safari with Xatu, Munna and Espurr.

I have only gotten one, and I've had it for about 1.5 years
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL ~ Kid Icarus club ~ Attack on Titan club ~ Xat New Leaf dream code: 4800 2561 7674

I've gotten about two to three Miis every week.

I only get a Mii every day because my little brother has a 3DS.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Special: Ace Attorney - All Breakdowns (+ PL & PW:AA)

mk7 has given me lots people miis in the plaza

Airports and Cons have always been solid for Streetpass hits.

Too bad they're not exactly places I can/do go to on a regular basis...
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    I've gotten about two to three Miis every week.

I only get a Mii every day because my little brother has a 3DS.
    Same here. with big bro

I went to two streetpass events and it got me a lot of miis. It helped me beat Find Mii and Mii Force(almost)!
    'Murica

What's the benefit on this mii and streetpass thing? Have never even bothered making a mii
    #teamchespin #teamfennekin

I remember when I went to the BronyCon in Baltimore...man, I got over 1000 tags in three days over there. I was able to collect all the pieces for the 3d panels, except for one pink one. Still, everything else is pretty awesome.

Other than that, there's maybe two or three people that I tag at school on a daily basis when lucky, one of which was a 3DS that I sold off to my friend.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

I really want to get more 3DS games I can play online. So far I only have Mario Kart 7 to play online. I will be getting Smash Bros so that problem will be solved soon. Anyone want to play?
    Latest Shiny!

PM me if you decide to add me. Psychic Friend Safari with Xatu, Munna and Espurr.

StreetPassing at my community college is just not good. So far, I've gotten two StreetPasses, and both were the same Mii. StreetPassing for me in general just has been very rare, just a bit helping out from my local GameStop. I did attend E3 2013 and even got over 100 StreetPasses there, even getting over 100 in a day, getting that accomplishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Savvao View Post
    I went to two streetpass events and it got me a lot of miis. It helped me beat Find Mii and Mii Force(almost)!
    What's a Streetpass event?

And that darn Find Mii suckered me one. Because I hadn't passed anybody yet, I purchased a "wanderer" Mii for two coins and started playing. On the first level, I chose Attack and defeated a ghost uneventfully. On the second level, I chose Magic and the Mii got tired and ran away without doing anything.

And that was that.

The lazy scoundrel took my money and disappeared completely! It felt like such a waste of coins, considering you can't get more than 10 in a single day.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

What's a Streetpass event?
    It's pretty much a thing where people agree to meet up in a public place to get streetpasses. It could be at the local mall at a certain, events like anime conventions or game workshop and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by pikkichu View Post
    What's the benefit on this mii and streetpass thing? Have never even bothered making a mii
    It just for silly little games in the Mii Plaza.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I don't like the little games. the Puzzle game makes me feel bad because I have not completed any of them.
    Latest Shiny!

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    It's pretty much a thing where people agree to meet up in a public place to get streetpasses. It could be at the local mall at a certain, events like anime conventions or game workshop and the like.
    Oh, alright. So it's like grassroots, or regular folks just decide to set it up on their own. I wonder how they advertise it and find a following? That's neat.

I think I'd like the Find Mii game, so long as there's more to the thing than just clicking which action you want your Mii to take. Does it get more involved than just clicking one or another button?
    And it looks like I haven't written enough Swapnotes to enable my game to open the gallery of stationery that friends send (thanks, btw!). I assume once that ability is unlocked, gifted stationery will just appear in my gallery, yes? ^_^;

Robin Williams
    1951-2014

Oh, alright. So it's like grassroots, or regular folks just decide to set it up on their own. I wonder how they advertise it and find a following? That's neat.
    I imagine planning those events is typically done by advertising on forums and such. Not sure where they go from there, but at the least, I'm sure some people take their 3DS to big events knowing that others will bring theirs as well.

I think I'd like the Find Mii game, so long as there's more to the thing than just clicking which action you want your Mii to take. Does it get more involved than just clicking one or another button?
    For Find Mii, it's not too much more than picking Attack or Magic, though if you have enough Miis with you, you can be a little more strategic with how you use the Magic and attacks. Some enemies have certain weakness and immunities to certain magic, and some enemies have defense against sword attacks, so there's that, at least.

Find Mii 2 adds more to it, though (unlocked after beating Find Mii twice). There are things like potions bought with Play Coins (some of which are very helpful), diverging paths, teaming up two Miis to boost their power and effectiveness, and more varied enemies and obstacles. You can also use Play Coins to hire any person you've passed before, which is helpful if you need a certain color magic to get past a barrier. But you're right, it's not as fun unless you can get a decent number of passes, especially if they're the same people.

And it looks like I haven't written enough Swapnotes to enable my game to open the gallery of stationery that friends send (thanks, btw!). I assume once that ability is unlocked, gifted stationery will just appear in my gallery, yes? ^_^;
    I don't remember the specifics, but yeah, I think if you keep making notes, you gain access to special stationary. To gain access to the ones sent to you, though, you might need to read the note again for it to be added, so keep that in mind.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

There are facebook and twitter pages of these events taken place in city areas(Streepass LA, Boston, NY, etc.) And they announce a meeting place with the time, date, and where is going to be at in their Facebook or Twitter page. That way you can get up to 30 or more tags(depends how many people attend to these events).

They also have tournaments, giveaways, and sponsors.

I hope I explained it well. Check it out if you want.
    'Murica

I think I'm at around 170 street passes at the moment. I have a good number from Nintendo's e3 @ Best Buy event and the 2012 Pokemon World Championships. Other than that, I really just get Streetpasses when I'm traveling.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
        Spoiler:- Friend Code & Trade Offers:

I've only gotten 85 streetpasses from just taking my 3DS with me on the weekends. At times I'll be lucky to get just 1, the most I've ever gotten is four.
    But because of Mario Kart I've got 732 Mii's in Mii Plaza.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

I've got 126 people in my plaza. Generally, I get about 2-4 in my local shopping centre, which is pretty good. Got a few from trips to London, and 58 from a trip to Disney World this summer. I do it mainly for the puzzle pieces, though - I've got around 7 complete pink piece wise, and 3 actually complete (all fully-blues). I spend my 10 coins daily on puzzle pieces, though since I have half the pieces already I get a lot of doubles. No-piece days are more common than five-piece days. Never been to a convention, though, but they sound great for getting Streetpasses!

Tip for puzzle pieces: concentrate on the pinks for the puzzles you want done at first, especially the newer puzzles (since pieces from them are more likely to be rare). When you have them done, get a mixture of pinks and blues from Streetpassing so you can complete a few puzzles as well.

Who cares about cookies? Come to the Light Side, we have CUPCAKES!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf Dream Code: 7100-3458-5872

Lucky. I get none . I'm in an area where street passes aren't around. Even when I go to Game Stop... no luck. Would love to able to actually get even one street pass.
    Looking forward to the release of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

Page 480 of 522 FirstFirst ... 380430470476477478479480481482483484490 ... LastLast