Page 481 of 526 FirstFirst ... 381431471477478479480481482483484485491 ... LastLast
Results 12,001 to 12,025 of 13143

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

I have 1929 miis in my plaza

I only have about 289 Miis in my plaza. Yeah, such a weak number.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    I have 1929 miis in my plaza
    Haha, do they show up and never leave?

Apparently Nintendo has set up "relay zones" in a bunch of random places across the US. If you (with your wifi-enabled, sleeping 3DS) walk through a Nintendo relay zone, you'll StreetPass with whoever walked through that zone before you, and then your info will replace that person's for the next visitor. For example, there are a couple of Starbucks shops near my home that are Nintendo relay zones. I haven't been near them since buying my system, so I'm not sure if you can just walk past the building and still get the Pass, or if you have to spend a little time in the establishment (and manually log onto their wireless signal, possibly).

I walk past at least two of these zones on my way to the train station for school, so we'll see how well they work.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    I don't even know actually. I think you can use them for the mii dungeon thing, then they leave when they die. I haven't done a lot of Mii releated things on my 3DS, but after the Mario Kart races we used to have like two years ago, we met a lot of people online.

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post

You can dismiss them other than that they linger in the lobby. You can use them for the Mii games only so long and then they're unavailable but that doesn't make them leave the plaza.

Hmm nintendo server's undergoing maintenance on Friends List, it gives me an error code: 001-0811.
    Does this show up for anyone else XD

Just did a little research and turns out to be Nintendo Network services. Which many recently dealt with AC:NL(unfortunately I don't have that game anymore, I gave it to my sister.) An appearntly I never even deleted the data from my 3DS, my sister says she can visit my house still I think XD
    Last edited by Zyon; 30th September 2013 at 5:58 PM.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

I have one measly Mii! And yeah unified account might not be happening, but I expect Nintendo to at least have a system to track purchases on Wii U and 3DS seperately. I think at this point their issue is Miiverse, and the sheer amount of existing 3DS'. I mean, a lot of Mii names will need changing, they likely haven't optimised it yet for 3DS, and what not.

Another note:
    How the hell is the 3DS not getting a firmware up. in Oct. when the 2DS obviously has OS changes?
    BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    How the hell is the 3DS not getting a firmware up. in Oct. when the 2DS obviously has OS changes?
    Could these "OS changes" you speak of pertain only to the 2DS and its altered hardware, mayhaps?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

What OS changes would the 2DS even have? It should have all the same functions as the 3DS.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

The settings menu is in the brightness position now, and the menus seemed to be different. Its not the biggest change, but I would expect nintendo to have that change on the whole 3DS line.
    BLAH

The settings menu is in the brightness position now, and the menus seemed to be different. Its not the biggest change, but I would expect nintendo to have that change on the whole 3DS line.
    I have that on my 3ds, and I got it a few months after the price drop
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

Are we sure that's the Settings wrench and not like...

a flashlight

Unless it's only like that on the 2DS.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post

Are we sure that's the Settings wrench and not like...

a flashlight
    It... might be, but I sort of doubt it.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Dwlr View Post
    You can dismiss them other than that they linger in the lobby. You can use them for the Mii games only so long and then they're unavailable but that doesn't make them leave the plaza.
    Well that's unfortunate. You mean even the Miis we actually get to keep in our Plaza will only perform a little bit in the Plaza games and then they're just dead weight? Shucks.

I hear that in Japan it's common habit to carry your Nintendo handheld around on every trip out, so the folks in that country get Streetpasses all the time; while here in the US (and in Europe), that's such a rare occurrence that even though the sales of 3DSes across countries don't differ much we experience just 10% of the Streetpass fare the Japanese do. Hence the relay zone idea.

But I went out all day today and got only two Streetpass hits, and both from the same location. None of the common Nintendo Zones around my city seem to be functioning (places like Starbucks and McDonalds - of which I hung around about five total today), and apparently that's a wide-ranging problem. You can find this same complaint among many Nintendo/3DS/gaming websites.

Also, curiously, I got a notification today that a new Swapnote was awaiting me, but I had to shut the system down before checking it out. When next I opened up Swapnote, there was nothing new to be found. So my first three days with a 3DS have either been glitchy or (hopefully) just a very unrepresentative run of shabby luck. >_<
    Last edited by Profesco; 30th September 2013 at 11:37 PM.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Uh, yeah. Hi-Res press shots confirm the shape of a wrench. As I said, minute change, but still important. And that's without knowing just what else they moved about.
    BLAH

Maybe we're getting that wrench during the 2DS's release day through an update.

Which is evil considering it's the day you get your precious Pokémon game, delaying the time you get to play your game once you realize the update is needed! Mwahahahahaha.

That's the thing, october has no firmware updates. And I really would be surprised if nintendo tweaked the OS just for the 2DS
    BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Maybe we're getting that wrench during the 2DS's release day through an update.

Which is evil considering it's the day you get your precious Pokémon game, delaying the time you get to play your game once you realize the update is needed! Mwahahahahaha.
    You can always skip the update and do it later.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    You can always skip the update and do it later.
    I thought the updates were forced on you and wouldn't let you play the games they come with if you opted out?

I thought the updates were forced on you and wouldn't let you play the games they come with if you opted out?
    Nope, they always have the option to install later.

If you wait a few hours/days, You only can't access the eShop until you've upgraded. Games usually will continue to work, unless the game was uses thing from the lastest patches.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Considering that the 2DS is targeted at the younger age group, it makes sense that the brightness setting would be represented by a flashlight, since kids would probably related more to light that the sun. Or, at least I did.

I'm just curious if the 2DS will a sleep mode. Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Savvao View Post
    I'm just curious if the 2DS will a sleep mode. Probably not.
    It does, there's a button for that.

Lemme find a link...

EDIT: Found it
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Today's Direct revealed a new unknown Kirby title for the 3DS coming next year. It's so...pretty.

Page 481 of 526 FirstFirst ... 381431471477478479480481482483484485491 ... LastLast