Page 483 of 526 FirstFirst ... 383433473479480481482483484485486487493 ... LastLast
Results 12,051 to 12,075 of 13142

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

I would carry my 3DS to school but I know the only person I would tag is my friend who sometimes brings his.
    Latest Shiny!

Chain fish in Cyllage City in Pokemon X!

3DS FC: 4682 - 8902 - 8849
    PM me if you decide to add me. Psychic Friend Safari with Xatu, Munna and Espurr.

For those who've had a 3DS for a while now, can I ask your observations on some things? How's your upper half doing, wobble-wise? Mine was a little loose right out of the box, and I thought that might be something to worry about. Also, the shoulder buttons - how do they hold up over time? The L and R buttons on both my DS lites are nearly nonfunctional now ('course, it took a few years to get them that way), but apparently degrading shoulder buttons is not an uncommon problem. =<

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

The hinge just happens to be like that. It has some give. As long as it clicks in both positions, I wouldn't be too worried. As for the should buttons; for what it's worth, I've played Mario Kart 7 for 200+ hours, which if know MK, requires A LOT of shoulder button use. They still work perfectly. The problem with the shoulder buttons is that they gather dust in your pocket, forming between the plastic and actually button. I think the 3DS is a little more fragile than the other DS's so I usually put in my bag or only go a short time with it in my pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    For those who've had a 3DS for a while now, can I ask your observations on some things? How's your upper half doing, wobble-wise? Mine was a little loose right out of the box, and I thought that might be something to worry about. Also, the shoulder buttons - how do they hold up over time? The L and R buttons on both my DS lites are nearly nonfunctional now ('course, it took a few years to get them that way), but apparently degrading shoulder buttons is not an uncommon problem. =<
    My first 3DS that I bought right when they first released($249.99 btw) was great. The top would stay in place but hated the fact the corners would dig into my fingers, made it rather uncomfortable to hold after while. Since I've had it for around 2 years the R shoulder button and the circle pad was starting to not work. I had plans to buy a 3DS XL before this started and once I had the money I went and got my new 3DS XL. Right out of the box the top is somewhat loose once in place, no much of a problem unless I'm moving my 3DS up and down violently. Besides that everything else is work just fine and it's so much more comfortable to hold then my old 3DS, no more pain with the corners digging into my hand.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

I've had mine for a little over two years and I've had no issues with it at all, everything is working fine. Top screen isn't loose at all and both shoulder buttons work fine, and like Jb I've put a lot of time in Mario Kart 7.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

My left shoulder button doesn't work sometimes. But if I leave it alone for a while, it's fine. I also use a compressed air can once in a while to see if it's dust that's causing it not respond.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    My left shoulder button doesn't work sometimes. But if I leave it alone for a while, it's fine. I also use a compressed air can once in a while to see if it's dust that's causing it not respond.
    Yeah my shoulder buttons are kind of broke, they work for a little bit when I blow into them. Because of my shoulder pads being as they are, it's really hard to enjoy some of the games that I have and this will include future games as well.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Hm, mixed results, then. Thanks for discussing your experiences, all. I'm going to see about investing in some kind of case or holder for my 3DS to try and protect the shoulder buttons from too much assault. (Given how common shoulder button malfunctions are to the DS family, it'd be really cool if Nintendo put up for a case specifically designed with extra room and protection for the shoulders.) I want to bring the thing with me every time I go out in the city, but I'm sure having it bounce around in a crowded backpack or compressed in a regular pants pocket can't be good for such flimsy/delicate buttons.

In other news, I'm considering getting The Legend of Zelda from the eShop. It's a tough decision because: 1) my experience with earlier Zelda graphics (e.g. Oracle games) has put me off them; 2) reviews mention how impossibly confused and random the navigation/guiding aspects are; and 3) nevertheless it's still the origin story of a darned awesome franchise! So I'm going to chew this cud for a while and wager whether I should spend my coins or save 'em. ^_^;

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Hm, mixed results, then. Thanks for discussing your experiences, all. I'm going to see about investing in some kind of case or holder for my 3DS to try and protect the shoulder buttons from too much assault. (Given how common shoulder button malfunctions are to the DS family, it'd be really cool if Nintendo put up for a case specifically designed with extra room and protection for the shoulders.) I want to bring the thing with me every time I go out in the city, but I'm sure having it bounce around in a crowded backpack or compressed in a regular pants pocket can't be good for such flimsy/delicate buttons.
    I keep mine in one of the regular old DS Lite zip cases.

In other news, I'm considering getting The Legend of Zelda from the eShop. It's a tough decision because: 1) my experience with earlier Zelda graphics (e.g. Oracle games) has put me off them; 2) reviews mention how impossibly confused and random the navigation/guiding aspects are; and 3) nevertheless it's still the origin story of a darned awesome franchise! So I'm going to chew this cud for a while and wager whether I should spend my coins or save 'em. ^_^;
    My recommendation: If you're going to play it, use a walkthrough, unless you've got tons of time on your hands. It's too dated for me to bother with it, though.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    My recommendation: If you're going to play it, use a walkthrough, unless you've got tons of time on your hands. It's too dated for me to bother with it, though.
    I'm playing through it now, I've only used a walk-through so far to get to the 2nd dungeon
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

I have two SD cards kicking around and I'll need one of them for the Pokemon E-shop downloads and a few other things as well. The 8 gig one has a write speed of 40mb/s and the 32 gig one is 15 mb/s.

I'm not really up to date with SD cards since my phone doesn't have a slot for one and I haven't had a digital camera in ages. Will the lower speed one affect game play or does it just take a bit longer for the game to boot up? Basically, what's the difference between 15 mb/s and 40 mb/s?
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    I have two SD cards kicking around and I'll need one of them for the Pokemon E-shop downloads and a few other things as well. The 8 gig one has a write speed of 40mb/s and the 32 gig one is 15 mb/s.

I'm not really up to date with SD cards since my phone doesn't have a slot for one and I haven't had a digital camera in ages. Will the lower speed one affect game play or does it just take a bit longer for the game to boot up? Basically, what's the difference between 15 mb/s and 40 mb/s?
    It's just the download speed into the SD card. Games run smoothly regardless in the 3DS.

I know this is slightly late, but I had to say this. The 3DS is wayyyyy tougher then a DS lite. If you can take care of a DS lite that long and still have it in functional condition, then you'll make that 3DS last a loooong time assuming no horrible acceidents happen.

So far the only problem I've had is my 3D slider breaking. But since we don't use that to play anyway, I just kind of let it slide and my warrenty ran out ._.;. But my 3DS has been beaten to death over the last two and half years, and it's survived just fine with some nicks. No buttons have stopped work, though I guess my circle pad has lost its covering XD.

A little off topic but what is the outer edge of the 3DS honestly made out of? The things durable as crap. ._.; At first I was annoyed at it's design cause it was slightly akward, but considering that I've had it for almost 3 years, while I couldn't keep a DS lite in working condition past a year for shiz...I've come to adore it. lol
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post

The write speed is next to meaningless, read speed is what you want to be looking for. Faster, the better but don't worry about it too much, you wont notice a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    A little off topic but what is the outer edge of the 3DS honestly made out of? The things durable as crap. ._.; At first I was annoyed at it's design cause it was slightly akward, but considering that I've had it for almost 3 years, while I couldn't keep a DS lite in working condition past a year for shiz...I've come to adore it. lol
    I'm pretty sure all consoles since the NES have been made out Nintendium. Apart from maybe the Virtual Boy, they haven't ever made a fragile console.

That said, how the heck did you break a DS lite in under a year? The only DS I've ever seen break was one of my friend's DSes. Someone tried to snatch it from him, at which point it was literally torn in two. It looked like a GBA with X and Y buttons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    I'm pretty sure all consoles since the NES have been made out Nintendium. Apart from maybe the Virtual Boy, they haven't ever made a fragile console.
    The consoles and the Game Boys, yes. The DS consoles? Noooooooooo, they break pretty easily (mostly the shoulder buttons and the hinges that are the problem).

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post

That said, how the heck did you break a DS lite in under a year? The only DS I've ever seen break was one of my friend's DSes. Someone tried to snatch it from him, at which point it was literally torn in two. It looked like a GBA with X and Y buttons.
    I'm speaking specificlly of the DS lite. DSi was sturdier and so was the original DS. And while my SP doesn't work anymore, the thing is STILL fully intact from the outside.

One or two drops and bam, all of my DS lite's I've ever had started falling apart. They're flimsy, and their hinges break easily (making the top screen flip flop.) And Due to this, the wires inside get strained and pulled or something...causing the top screen to loose it's display or for it to get all fuzzy. They just were never meant to withstand anything.

My 3DS has yet to expereince a problem like that, as I said. It's probably their sturdiest console in recent years, due to it's shape and how it was put together.
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

I don't know why you're throwing your console around so much, but I've seen plenty of DS Lites take a beating, and I've never had any issues with mine at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    The consoles and the Game Boys, yes. The DS consoles? Noooooooooo, they break pretty easily (mostly the shoulder buttons and the hinges that are the problem).
    I agree with this, at least with the DS Lite. Between my brother and I, we've gone through 4 DS Lites, and it's always the shoulder buttons and/or hinges. Hinges tend to crack in exactly the same way, at least with the ones I've seen, and shoulder buttons tend to stop working too over time. I take pretty good care of my consoles too (my current DS Lite has a brick-like case at all time), so it's not a problem of how well I take care of them. That said, I do like the DS Lite.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I don't know why you're throwing your console around so much, but I've seen plenty of DS Lites take a beating, and I've never had any issues with mine at all.
    It's not so much throwing my console around as much as taking it every where with me (until very recently).

My DS lites came with me to amusment parks like Disney world for the long waits, they came with me to restraunts when I had no one I knew. When I was bored I'd honestly just pull it out of my pocket and put it back there within a minute.

The consistent in and out of my pocket that the ds goes through evenually happens to slip up, and i drop it. It piles up over time. And theres also the fact I share my DS (And 3DS) with my little brother a lot, and I don't know what he does with it sometimes...

Point in case my handheld is ready for a breaking. I jus don't see them as that durable.

I see one of two reasons that your expereinces are different then mind. Either A) you just keep much better care of you DS then me, or B) it's the way I dropped it. All I know is the hinges on the DS lite are much more fragile then the ones on the 3DS.
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

I'm curious.

Is there any reason why certain Nintendo exclusive games come out in the USA first? Like sometimes Mario or Zelda.

Edit: And by USA I mean North America.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 10th October 2013 at 1:33 AM.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I'm curious.

Is there any reason why certain Nintendo exclusive games come out in the USA first? Like sometimes Mario or Zelda.

Edit: And by USA I mean North America.
    If the Developer is based in England (Rare -DKC Series) or the USA (Retro Studio -Metroid/ New DKC games), the translation to English is, well, non-existent, as they often are written in English. Other games are just better suited for the US Market at that time, and slot the games release at that point in time.

Normally for Europe the translation work for most other Languages and (used to be) converting to PAL TV format for Consoles.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Hey guys. I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but I figure its the best place. A friend and I are tyring to put each other friend codes in. My code is doing find on his but his code keeps coming up as invaid on my system. Do you guys have any ideas about why this is happening? If you are please PM me. I would greatly appreciate it. And Sorry if this is not hte right place for this kind of thing.
    I am the Master of Arcanine and Boy do I love this Big Dog

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise).

Hoenn here we Come! 17 hrs to go
    3ds friend code: 3265-5471-9696.

If the developer is based in Japan, what often would happen is that the North American release is translated from the Japanese release. Then other international releases use the North American as their base for translation. Part of the reason Nintendo and Game Freak are doing worldwide releases for XY is because all translators are using the Japanese game as the base rather than the North American translation/localization.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    If the Developer is based in England (Rare -DKC Series) or the USA (Retro Studio -Metroid/ New DKC games), the translation to English is, well, non-existent, as they often are written in English. Other games are just better suited for the US Market at that time, and slot the games release at that point in time.

Normally for Europe the translation work for most other Languages and (used to be) converting to PAL TV format for Consoles.
    Just to clarify though this post seems to partially answer my question.

When I said North America released first, I literally meant first. As some Mario/Zelda games are released in North America before they are released in Japan.

Page 483 of 526 FirstFirst ... 383433473479480481482483484485486487493 ... LastLast