Page 491 of 510 FirstFirst ... 391441481487488489490491492493494495501 ... LastLast
Results 12,251 to 12,275 of 12729

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

  1. #12251
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    On top of a mountain
    Posts
    1,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cwertle View Post
    Kind of neat about youtube and miiverse and all, BUT WHERE THE #$%# IS FLIPNOTES
    are people seriously still going on about that?! Its getting kind of annoying at this point. flipnotes is not a main feature like miiverse and joint accounts will be.

    on topic though i am excited for miiverse and youtube on 3ds, and joint accounts for 3ds and wii u. and everyone complaining about how 3ds miiverse wont allow messaging between friends, can you honestly blame Nintendo for being a bit paranoid after they found out pedophiles were using their devices to try to meet underage kids? can you honestly say you wouldnt be at least a tiny bit concerned if you were in Nintendo's position? Like they said in the direct they will gradually improve the Nintendo Network experience over time, so maybe once people have moved on from the swapnote incident, they will put friend messaging, among other things, in 3ds miiverse to make it sync up better with wii u miiverse.
    pokemon white friend code
    0647 5096 9579
    Name: Kevin

  2. #12252
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Crimson Realm
    Posts
    4,559

    Default

    Forgot to mention on Nov. 1, I've finally bought 3DS XL - Pokemon Red LE along with Pokemon Y. I've had fun with it for a while and finally connected it wi-fi (unable to do so with DS Lite due to its setting being WEP and I don't want to change router's setting). I'll look forward to lots of fun with wi-fi on 3DS.

    <Made by Flame Haze SnS>
    ~Reincarnated from Dark Absol to Flame Haze SnS~
    To become a Flame Haze, one must be a vessel for the Lord of the Crimson Realm
    Anime Character Bishie: Shana from Shakugan no Shana
    Currently playing: Etrian Odyssey (DS Lite) and Titanfall (X-Box 360 S)

  3. #12253
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    it wont happen because nintendo enjoys playing mommy and daddy more than creating things people actually want
    Hence why their main console is in the situation it's in.

    You know, I don't mind the fact that they want to appeal to kids, but they need to also appeal to their initial fan-base that bought NES consoles in the beginning. They need to have games for those people too, and they need to be first-party games (especially since they don't really have much third-party support right now). Otherwise those older people are just going to go somewhere that does (and really, I can't blame them).
    Last edited by SBaby; 16th November 2013 at 6:29 PM.
    A Winner Is You!!!

    If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

    The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

  4. #12254
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA,USA
    Posts
    1,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SBaby View Post
    Hence why their main console is in the situation it's in.

    You know, I don't mind the fact that they want to appeal to kids, but they need to also appeal to their initial fan-base that bought NES consoles in the beginning. They need to have games for those people too, and they need to be first-party games (especially since they don't really have much third-party support right now). Otherwise those older people are just going to go somewhere that does (and really, I can't blame them).
    That's another complicated situation with 3rd party developers hating Nintendo which started with not even trying to make proper games for the Wii after 3rd party games never selling well on Nintendo consoles. Part of the Wii U's less than perfect situation is a combo of a few things.

    1. It's a pretty common thing for systems to have a slow start
    2. Picky "mature" and "hardcore" "gamers" who only want something if it caters to their every whim(or that company just BSes everything they want to hear)
    3. Number 2 causes this negative stigma with Nintendo. People preferring the "old Nintendo" because now it's "kiddy". It's funny because Disney went through problems like this after Walt died
    3. Nintendo's lackluster advertising last holiday season. It has improved A LOT, so this isn't a problem now
    4. Nintendo's games are hard to really show the best part about it unless you play and experience it yourself and with others




    Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

    HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

    White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

  5. #12255
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,580

    Default

    It's great we are getting Miiverse on 3DS, but it sucks there isn't a friend request system on Wii U. Unified eShop is great too, a lot of people have wanted that. Pretty sure 3DS Miiverse is virtually the same as the Wii U counterpart, besides the friend request thing.
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter


    Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:
    Anime List


  6. #12256
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    8,807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    1. It's a pretty common thing for systems to have a slow start
    2. Picky "mature" and "hardcore" "gamers" who only want something if it caters to their every whim(or that company just BSes everything they want to hear)
    3. Number 2 causes this negative stigma with Nintendo. People preferring the "old Nintendo" because now it's "kiddy". It's funny because Disney went through problems like this after Walt died
    3. Nintendo's lackluster advertising last holiday season. It has improved A LOT, so this isn't a problem now
    4. Nintendo's games are hard to really show the best part about it unless you play and experience it yourself and with others
    Wii U's problem is that there's no Star Fox or F-Zero game on it. And that's it's last gen tech.

    Nintendo thought gimmicks would still be hot, but nope, apparently not.

  7. #12257
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA,USA
    Posts
    1,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Wii U's problem is that there's no Star Fox or F-Zero game on it. And that's it's last gen tech.

    Nintendo thought gimmicks would still be hot, but nope, apparently not.
    Bull. It's not just one or two things.

    Just like how they sold a ton on Gamecube right? They just made so many more sales than Mario

    Also, I despise how people use the word gimmick to always mean something bad. Here's the definition from dictionary.com
    gimmick[ gim-ik ]
    noun
    1. an ingenious or novel device, scheme, or stratagem, especially one designed to attract attention or increase appeal.

    EVERYTHING has a gimmick. A gimmick isn't something useless, it's a word that means the APPEAL it has, what sets it apart. The problem is YOU don't like it. Have you even tried it?

    *edit*
    Well that's odd. After googling more, some definitions include the word trick but I've never seen that. I have no idea why the English language has to be so complicated. I personally don't find the GamePad to be a trick, it's a great device.

    Just realized this the 3DS thread...any responses VM me
    Last edited by TheFonz; 16th November 2013 at 10:36 PM.




    Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

    HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

    White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

  8. #12258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SBaby View Post
    You know, I don't mind the fact that they want to appeal to kids, but they need to also appeal to their initial fan-base that bought NES consoles in the beginning.
    Someone who bought an original NES system as as a 10-year-old in 1985 would be 38 years old right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by SBaby View Post
    They need to have games for those people too, and they need to be first-party games (especially since they don't really have much third-party support right now).
    So you want Mario and Zelda titles... for middle-aged people?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Nintendo thought gimmicks would still be hot, but nope, apparently not.
    "Gimmick" is one of those words that's been misused to the point of no longer having any meaning. System or game has a new and distinctive feature that some people judged on sight, apropos of nothing? It's a gimmick.

    It's the nondenominational version of "they're running out of ideas for Pokémon".
    Last edited by BCVM22; 17th November 2013 at 12:19 AM.



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  9. #12259
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA,USA
    Posts
    1,989

    Default

    Speaking of Mario for middle aged people, isn't that what the New Super Mario Bros series was supposed to be? A throwback that older fans can enjoy but new fans can also enjoy. For example, a teacher of mine brought up how he thinks the Wii U is a failure but then goes on and on about how he loves New Super Mario Bros and Mario Kart




    Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

    HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

    White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

  10. #12260
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Someone who bought an original NES system as as a 10-year-old in 1985 would be 38 years old right now.



    So you want Mario and Zelda titles... for middle-aged people?
    Yes. They would be 38. 38 isn't middle-aged. And yes, there are middle-aged people that enjoy video games. What's your point?

    But if you want my honest answer, yes. Having first-party games for older audiences would make the older gamers want to buy the console. I've talked to many gamers in their late 20s and early 30s, and this is how a majority of them feel, and why most of them don't own a 3DS or Wii U.
    Last edited by SBaby; 17th November 2013 at 12:58 AM.
    A Winner Is You!!!

    If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

    The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

  11. #12261
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SBaby View Post
    Yes, I've grown up a bit. Is it really too much to ask Nintendo to grow up a bit too?
    Considering the market for children is bigger and renewable, yes.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  12. #12262
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    it wont happen because nintendo enjoys playing mommy and daddy more than creating things people actually want
    It's called trying not to get sued and pleasing the parents who buys the thing for their children.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Wii U's problem is that there's no Star Fox or F-Zero game on it.
    Pfftwahaahahaahaha! You actually think that the Wii U is selling badly because it doesn't have Star Fox or F-Zero game?

    Those two game never were system sellers.

    The Wii U poor sales problems are;

    - Poor advertising
    -Game drought that lasted from the start of the month until Pikmin 3 was released.
    -Too expensive for a system that has very little to offer.
    -Poor third party line up.


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

  13. #12263
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA,USA
    Posts
    1,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SBaby View Post
    Yes. They would be 38. 38 isn't middle-aged. And yes, there are middle-aged people that enjoy video games. What's your point?

    But if you want my honest answer, yes. Having first-party games for older audiences would make the older gamers want to buy the console. I've talked to many gamers in their late 20s and early 30s, and this is how a majority of them feel, and why most of them don't own a 3DS or Wii U.
    Well no, the teacher in my example had no idea what he was talking about. Unfortunately many of those gamers treat games as movies. They want top quality graphics, violence, blood/gore, sex appeal, weapons, and online to only just yell at and kill each other. They want "mature" things that aren't actually mature in the good sense of the word.

    There can be mature meaning fully grown(graphics), intended for adults(which usually aren't always good things), and things like mature behavior(we all know many gamers don't have this, especially on the internet)

    For example, the storylines in Pokémon since Gen IV are much more mature than "PWNED! NOOB! Suck my ****", constant complaining, constant bashing of things you don't understand. Maybe gamers themselves should ACT like grown ups before complaining that Nintendo wants to be E for Everyone




    Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

    HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

    White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

  14. #12264
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Well no, the teacher in my example had no idea what he was talking about. Unfortunately many of those gamers treat games as movies. They want top quality graphics, violence, blood/gore, sex appeal, weapons, and online to only just yell at and kill each other. They want "mature" things that aren't actually mature in the good sense of the word.

    There can be mature meaning fully grown(graphics), intended for adults(which usually aren't always good things), and things like mature behavior(we all know many gamers don't have this, especially on the internet)

    For example, the storylines in Pokémon since Gen IV are much more mature than "PWNED! NOOB! Suck my ****", constant complaining, constant bashing of things you don't understand. Maybe gamers themselves should ACT like grown ups before complaining that Nintendo wants to be E for Everyone
    Gamers are simply customers that have a choice about which product they want to buy. Blaming them for issues your company might have with a console is the same as telling them 'I don't want your money'.
    A Winner Is You!!!

    If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

    The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

  15. #12265
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA,USA
    Posts
    1,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SBaby View Post
    Gamers are simply customers that have a choice about which product they want to buy. Blaming them for issues your company might have with a console is the same as telling them 'I don't want your money'.
    I'm talking about a specific type of gamer. Nintendo tries to appeal to all types of gamers but falls short with the type I talked about in my previous post. You know, the kind that Nintendo can never do anything right in their eyes

    There are issues with the Wii U, I never said there wasn't. I even made a list with the main problems of why it didn't take off immediately but I should add the game drought




    Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

    HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

    White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

  16. #12266
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Emperor View Post
    are people seriously still going on about that?! Its getting kind of annoying at this point. flipnotes is not a main feature like miiverse and joint accounts will be.
    Tbh I'm more excited for flipnotes, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
    3DS friend code 2595-0644-0358 | Trade shop


    Come check out Nerfo Destiny forums! A place for gamers, developers, and anyone looking for some fun to chat and play!
    We aren't much yet, but we need your help to grow!

    Click here
    Allons-y!

  17. #12267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SBaby View Post
    Yes. They would be 38. 38 isn't middle-aged. And yes, there are middle-aged people that enjoy video games. What's your point?

    But if you want my honest answer, yes. Having first-party games for older audiences would make the older gamers want to buy the console. I've talked to many gamers in their late 20s and early 30s, and this is how a majority of them feel, and why most of them don't own a 3DS or Wii U.
    This borders on ridiculous. The 3DS is doing just fine without these "many gamers in their late 20s and early 30s" that you say don't own a 3DS, and the Wii U isn't struggling for lack of these people. It's not a driving demographic behind anything in this particular discussion.



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  18. #12268
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    8,807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    "Gimmick" is one of those words that's been misused to the point of no longer having any meaning. System or game has a new and distinctive feature that some people judged on sight, apropos of nothing? It's a gimmick.

    It's the nondenominational version of "they're running out of ideas for Pokémon".
    Depends on how it's used. I'm not really using it as a negative but the Tablet controller is all Nintendo advertised over the last year for the Wii U. That tells me, and other consumers that it's main selling point of the console. And since it's not the norm, eg; and normal controller, it's a gimmick.

    When the DS came out, dual screens were a gimmick, now it has cemented it's place as standard for Nintendo. The tablet hasn't yet.

    Honestly, I can talk all the **** about the Wii U that I can but me and everyone else is just going to buy it when Smash and MK are released.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    It's called trying not to get sued and pleasing the parents who buys the thing for their children.
    Too bad they're not buying it.
    Pfftwahaahahaahaha! You actually think that the Wii U is selling badly because it doesn't have Star Fox or F-Zero game?

    Those two game never were system sellers.

    The Wii U poor sales problems are;

    - Poor advertising
    -Game drought that lasted from the start of the month until Pikmin 3 was released.
    -Too expensive for a system that has very little to offer.
    -Poor third party line up.
    What's funnier is that you took seriously. And, not every game has to be a system seller.

  19. #12269
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    9,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Depends on how it's used. I'm not really using it as a negative but the Tablet controller is all Nintendo advertised over the last year for the Wii U. That tells me, and other consumers that it's main selling point of the console. And since it's not the norm, eg; and normal controller, it's a gimmick.

    When the DS came out, dual screens were a gimmick, now it has cemented it's place as standard for Nintendo. The tablet hasn't yet.
    The funny thing is that for all the hype they've given the Gamepad, they've done virtually nothing with it gameplay wise.

    I agree with BCVM22, new innovations aren't necessarily gimmicks, it depends on how they're used. If it doesn't really add anything to the gameplay without feeling too forced, only then is it a gimmick. In this case, it's pretty hard to determine the Gamepad's use because it's not really being used, but so far, it hasn't proven itself to be very useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  20. #12270
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA,USA
    Posts
    1,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    The funny thing is that for all the hype they've given the Gamepad, they've done virtually nothing with it gameplay wise.

    I agree with BCVM22, new innovations aren't necessarily gimmicks, it depends on how they're used. If it doesn't really add anything to the gameplay without feeling too forced, only then is it a gimmick. In this case, it's pretty hard to determine the Gamepad's use because it's not really being used, but so far, it hasn't proven itself to be very useful.
    Game & Wario, Wii Party U, NSMBU/NSLU, Miiverse, Art Academy(drawing for hours and hours and hours), off tv play(including VC games), Wonderful 101, and I'm sure there are a few other examples.

    Seriously, even drawing is enough. Have you seen what people have made on there? Can't do that on other consoles. Speaking of that, a proper Pictionary game would be amazing on there




    Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

    HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

    White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

  21. #12271
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    This borders on ridiculous. The 3DS is doing just fine without these "many gamers in their late 20s and early 30s" that you say don't own a 3DS, and the Wii U isn't struggling for lack of these people. It's not a driving demographic behind anything in this particular discussion.
    It seems a bit naive to call it ridiculous, since older gamers are in fact a market, and have been for quite some time. If anything, it's a much bigger market now than it ever was, thanks to titles that are geared more toward that demographic. In fact, the fastest selling entertainment product in history was geared toward older gamers (here's a hint: it was a video game and it came out this year). So yes. I'd say they are a pretty big driving demographic. And if Nintendo capitalized on it with some first-party titles even a little bit, they would be more successful, they'd have a wider audience and maybe, some of those third-party developers might jump back on board.

    And sure, the 3DS is 'doing fine' as you say right now, but what happens two years from now when mobile and tablet-based games take over the handheld market? Because I promise, this is coming, and it's probably going to come sooner than people realize.
    Last edited by SBaby; 18th November 2013 at 1:31 AM.
    A Winner Is You!!!

    If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

    The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

  22. #12272
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    On top of a mountain
    Posts
    1,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SBaby View Post
    It seems a bit naive to call it ridiculous, since older gamers are in fact a market, and have been for quite some time. If anything, it's a much bigger market now than it ever was, thanks to titles that are geared more toward that demographic. In fact, the fastest selling entertainment product in history was geared toward older gamers (here's a hint: it was a video game and it came out this year). So yes. I'd say they are a pretty big driving demographic. And if Nintendo capitalized on it with some first-party titles even a little bit, they would be more successful, they'd have a wider audience and maybe, some of those third-party developers might jump back on board.

    And sure, the 3DS is 'doing fine' as you say right now, but what happens two years from now when mobile and tablet-based games take over the handheld market? Because I promise, this is coming, and it's probably going to come sooner than people realize.
    I dont think hes saying older gamers arent a market, i think hes trying to point out that older gamers arent the ONLY market. When you look at playstation and xbox's library of games, almost al of them are games that appeal to the 'dudebro mentality,' AKA first person shooters. in fact, theres so many, i'd say that market is oversaturated, to the point it might crash in the near future (and i hope it does). IF this market has reached critical mass so to speak, why try to jump in? not to mention, nintendo HAS had "mature" games on its systems in the past (perfect dark, conkers bad fur day, Eternal darkness: sanitys requiem to name a few) and every time, these games are either ignored, or playstation and xbox fans will whine nonstop until it comes to their system, as was the case with resident evil 4 and is currently going on with bayonetta 2.

    As for smartphone gaming, im honestly sick of hearing about that. in 2010, the discussion was how DS and PSP would be wiped out, now, the discussion is how 3DS and Vita will be wiped out. if it hasnt happened by now, its not going to happen. and it wont for two reasons first, 9 out of 10 people who game on phones had no interest in it before smartphones and have no interest in it outside of smartphones, and second, touch controls arent as fluid as physical controls, so anything outside of simple minigames just cant work well enough.
    pokemon white friend code
    0647 5096 9579
    Name: Kevin

  23. #12273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SBaby View Post
    It seems a bit naive to call it ridiculous, since older gamers are in fact a market, and have been for quite some time. If anything, it's a much bigger market now than it ever was, thanks to titles that are geared more toward that demographic. In fact, the fastest selling entertainment product in history was geared toward older gamers (here's a hint: it was a video game and it came out this year). So yes. I'd say they are a pretty big driving demographic. And if Nintendo capitalized on it with some first-party titles even a little bit, they would be more successful, they'd have a wider audience and maybe, some of those third-party developers might jump back on board.
    You're speaking in baseless hypothetical statements. You keep saying "Nintendo needs to capitalize on this market", and yet what would you actually have them do as far as their first-party titles? Try and develop their own first-person shooter IP to compete with a heavily saturated market? They're smarter than that. Develop titles in their own franchises that somehow appeal to this demographic to which you've assigned far, far too much value? How do you even quantify that, i.e. how do you develop a Mario title "aimed" at the 38-year-old gamers you believe to be a sales gold mine?

    It's more like you've seen someone else say "Nintendo needs older gamers!" and elected to parrot that statement, but without thinking about why they've said that and/or anything and everything inaccurate about asserting that.

    You have something of a point regarding Nintendo's long-term lack of strong third-party support, but what you're missing is that it has considerably less to do with demographics and considerably more to do with the fact that Nintendo elects to underpower its systems compared to the competition so as to keep their consoles at a certain price point; the validity of that approach or lack thereof is another matter entirely.

    Quote Originally Posted by SBaby View Post
    And sure, the 3DS is 'doing fine' as you say right now, but what happens two years from now when mobile and tablet-based games take over the handheld market? Because I promise, this is coming, and it's probably going to come sooner than people realize.
    And here as well, it's more like you're parroting something you've seen elsewhere. People have been saying this for years and it sure ain't done happened yet.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 18th November 2013 at 3:57 AM.



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  24. #12274
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In your mind
    Posts
    4,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SBaby View Post
    And sure, the 3DS is 'doing fine' as you say right now, but what happens two years from now when mobile and tablet-based games take over the handheld market? Because I promise, this is coming, and it's probably going to come sooner than people realize.
    If I saw the likes of MGS3 and Zelda: OoT quality games on phones, then I might be more convinced.

    Mobile games have there own place, but it is absurd to think that they are the best of both worlds.

    Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!
    Wakin, I'm already a demon...
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

  25. #12275
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    You're speaking in baseless hypothetical statements. You keep saying "Nintendo needs to capitalize on this market", and yet what would you actually have them do as far as their first-party titles? Try and develop their own first-person shooter IP to compete with a heavily saturated market? They're smarter than that. Develop titles in their own franchises that somehow appeal to this demographic to which you've assigned far, far too much value? How do you even quantify that, i.e. how do you develop a Mario title "aimed" at the 38-year-old gamers you believe to be a sales gold mine?
    I wasn't referring to any FPS when I mentioned the fastest selling entertainment product in history. I was referring to GTA V, hardly a generic shooter. The point I was making is if Nintendo actually made some games for older audiences (like open-world games akin to Skyrim or GTA, even a new Metroid or Zelda game would probably help), they could garner interest from both older audiences, as well as the third-party developers that make games primarily for that demographic. And it doesn't matter if it's on a handheld system or not. I promise it would sell.
    Last edited by SBaby; 18th November 2013 at 4:47 AM.
    A Winner Is You!!!

    If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

    The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

Page 491 of 510 FirstFirst ... 391441481487488489490491492493494495501 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •