Page 492 of 526 FirstFirst ... 392442482488489490491492493494495496502 ... LastLast
Results 12,276 to 12,300 of 13143

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SBaby View Post
    I wasn't referring to any FPS when I mentioned the fastest selling entertainment product in history. I was referring to GTA V, hardly a generic shooter. The point I was making is if Nintendo actually made some games for older audiences (like open-world games akin to Skyrim or GTA, or possibly an original game; heck get Konami to make Suikoden VI as a Nintendo console exclusive), they could garner interest from both older audiences, as well as the third-party developers that make games primarily for that demographic. And it doesn't matter if it's on a handheld system or not. I promise it would sell.
    Games don't need a stamp on them to be for older audiences. I'm 25 and I love nearly every Nintendo game I laid my eyes upon. Some Nintendo games do cater to older (teen) audiences. Metrioid Prime Trilogy, F-Zero GX, LoZ: Skyward Sword are just a few. Nintendo does not need to be pivoted by mature games to be successful. Besides, Metal Gear Solid 3d was a whole heck of a lot of fun for me. Does that one not count?

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    Games don't need a stamp on them to be for older audiences. I'm 25 and I love nearly every Nintendo game I laid my eyes upon. Some Nintendo games do cater to older (teen) audiences. Metrioid Prime Trilogy, F-Zero GX, LoZ: Skyward Sword are just a few. Nintendo does not need to be pivoted by mature games to be successful. Besides, Metal Gear Solid 3d was a whole heck of a lot of fun for me. Does that one not count?
    Indeed it does count. And yes, it was a lot of fun. And that's kind of my point. The thing is, Nintendo doesn't need to make 'M' rated games or anything. When I say games geared more toward older audiences on a Nintendo system, my thoughts actually turn to games such as Metroid, Zelda and Suikoden (yes, Suikoden is Konami, but I'm just using it as an example, and we've seen a Suikoden DS game which I found to be very enjoyable). So it can be done.
    Last edited by SBaby; 18th November 2013 at 6:19 AM.
    A Winner Is You!!!

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

Indeed it does count. And yes, it was a lot of fun. And that's kind of my point. The thing is, Nintendo doesn't need to make 'M' rated games or anything. When I say games geared more toward older audiences on a Nintendo system, my thoughts actually turn to games such as Metroid, Zelda and Suikoden (yes, Suikoden is Konami, but I'm just using it as an example, and we've seen a Suikoden DS game which I found to be very enjoyable). So it can be done.
    I don't think that the mentality most of the adult game developers want to necessarily develop many games for Ninty systems. Now there are exceptions, like GTA DS, but I don't think that they normally would go this route. People pretty much understand that the Playstation/X-Box systems will cater different games than the Nintendo systems. You win some; you lose some.

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    I don't think that the mentality most of the adult game developers want to necessarily develop many games for Ninty systems. Now there are exceptions, like GTA DS, but I don't think that they normally would go this route. People pretty much understand that the Playstation/X-Box systems will cater different games than the Nintendo systems. You win some; you lose some.
    Exactly. Playstation/xbox are seen as the "mature" systems, while nintendo is seen as the "kiddy" company by the majority of the gaming media. And anytime Nintendo tries to get mature games, a s**tstorm of immaturity from the people on the mature side (oh the irony) ensues. look at the "controversy" surrounding bayonetta 2; its a "AAA big budget M mated game" thats exclusive to wii u, and despite nintendo and platinum games explaining (several times) why its wii u exclusive, the "mature" gamers vow to spam the internet until it gets a release on playstation and/or xbox. And nintendo has to deal with this EVERY SINGLE TIME they try to get an exclusive m rated game; i know cause the exact same thing happened almost 10 years ago with resident evil 4. this is what happens when nintendo tries to get exclusive m rated games, and multiplat m rated games just get ignored. so no, i dont blame nintendo for not making m rated games their main/only focus if this is what they have to deal with, while sony and microsoft can do whatever they want with games of ANY rating, and no one cares at all.
    pokemon white friend code
    0647 5096 9579
    Name: Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Emperor View Post
    And anytime Nintendo tries to get mature games, a s**tstorm of immaturity from the people on the mature side (oh the irony) ensues. look at the "controversy" surrounding bayonetta 2; its a "AAA big budget M mated game" thats exclusive to wii u, and despite nintendo and platinum games explaining (several times) why its wii u exclusive, the "mature" gamers vow to spam the internet until it gets a release on playstation and/or xbox. And nintendo has to deal with this EVERY SINGLE TIME they try to get an exclusive m rated game; i know cause the exact same thing happened almost 10 years ago with resident evil 4. this is what happens when nintendo tries to get exclusive m rated games, and multiplat m rated games just get ignored. so no, i dont blame nintendo for not making m rated games their main/only focus if this is what they have to deal with, while sony and microsoft can do whatever they want with games of ANY rating, and no one cares at all.
    All I can say in response to this is, welcome to the video game industry.

Every video game company deals with this kind of stuff, no matter the rating. Look at how many times GTA or CoD get blamed when bad things happen in real life. It doesn't matter what console the game is on, and it sure isn't going to stop the games from being made or from selling. Do you honestly think that Rockstar is going to discontinue the GTA series, simply because a few soccer moms with nothing better to do with their lives blame violence on it? Of course not.

Personally, I look at it as a sign of a successful video game company. After all, even Pokémon gets its share of criticism from various groups, and it's one of the most successful franchises in history and arguably the number 1 reason most people bought a 3DS. I mean, there are still people that literally take Mario to be a drug reference (personally, I'd say they were probably more influenced by Alice in Wonderland).

As long as you make games that are played by different age groups, regardless of ratings, someone is going to blame you for something or accuse you of something. It's just a part of the industry.
    Last edited by SBaby; 20th November 2013 at 7:38 AM.
    A Winner Is You!!!

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

All I can say in response to this is, welcome to the video game industry.

Every video game company deals with this kind of stuff, no matter the rating. Look at how many times GTA or CoD get blamed when bad things happen in real life. It doesn't matter what console the game is on, and it sure isn't going to stop the games from being made or from selling. Do you honestly think that Rockstar is going to discontinue the GTA series, simply because a few soccer moms with nothing better to do with their lives blame violence on it? Of course not.

Personally, I look at it as a sign of a successful video game company. After all, even Pokémon gets its share of criticism from various groups, and it's one of the most successful franchises in history and arguably the number 1 reason most people bought a 3DS. I mean, there are still people that literally take Mario to be a drug reference (personally, I'd say they were probably more influenced by Alice in Wonderland).

As long as you make games that are played by different age groups, regardless of ratings, someone is going to blame you for something or accuse you of something. It's just a part of the industry.
    Im familiar with how the industry works.

i never said anything about how GTA and COD get blamed for mass shootings and such, i simply mentioned how nintendo gets so much crap about how they should have more mature games, and everyone whining about it when they try to even though people have said its what nintendo has needed to do for about 15 years now. given nintendos choices of A: appeal strictly to the mature audience who's not guaranteed at the cost of alienating their more loyal audience who enjoys mario zelda pokemon etc. or B: Stick with their more loyal audience who they know will stick around at the cost of alienating the dudebros who likely wouldnt give nintendo a chance even WITH mature games, which choice would you pick?

also talking about success, if nintendo can be a success without catering to the dudebros, i'd say thats a success. if the dudebros didnt get into gaming with halo, gta, and cod, xbox wouldve crashed and burned, and sony wouldnt be nearly as successful after the ps1, IMO.
    pokemon white friend code
    0647 5096 9579
    Name: Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Emperor View Post
    Im familiar with how the industry works.

i never said anything about how GTA and COD get blamed for mass shootings and such, i simply mentioned how nintendo gets so much crap about how they should have more mature games, and everyone whining about it when they try to even though people have said its what nintendo has needed to do for about 15 years now. given nintendos choices of A: appeal strictly to the mature audience who's not guaranteed at the cost of alienating their more loyal audience who enjoys mario zelda pokemon etc. or B: Stick with their more loyal audience who they know will stick around at the cost of alienating the dudebros who likely wouldnt give nintendo a chance even WITH mature games, which choice would you pick?

also talking about success, if nintendo can be a success without catering to the dudebros, i'd say thats a success. if the dudebros didnt get into gaming with halo, gta, and cod, xbox wouldve crashed and burned, and sony wouldnt be nearly as successful after the ps1, IMO.
    They don't need dudebro stuff, no, but they could probably use a bit more variety in their lineup than Mario rehash, Mario spinoff, Zelda, casual game, casual game, Mario rehash, Mario spinoff, Mario spinoff. Sticking to certain genres and demographics generally limits your audience, and Nintendo needs to cast a wide net if they want people to buy their consoles. They don't have to corner every single gamer on the market, but stepping outside of their comfort zone a bit would definitely help. Sticking with casuals and kids only isn't really helping them, especially when the games and console don't really have the "wow" factor or the intuitiveness that made the Wii popular in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

id pay good money for this

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Is it the crystal 3DS XL or the item in a circle?

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    I remember when Gameboys came in those see through colors, that was awesome. I'd buy this.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Some day this will stop, maybe.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye721 View Post
    Phew! I thought the Vita was one.

Optional hardware doesn't automaticly makes a it a 3DS/Console killer. I wonder how many games will support it.

BTW: The Controller options for Android games aren't exactly great, which makes the Nvidia shield a bit lacking in the software you can run.

While we on the topic of Controllers.. 3DS Circle pad Pro- How many games that use it?
    Last edited by Nutter t.KK; 26th November 2013 at 12:42 AM.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    While we on the topic of Controllers.. 3DS Circle pad Pro- How many games that use it?
    Resident evil...maybe metal gear solid. I think you could use it in kid Icarus as well
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    Optional hardware doesn't automaticly makes a it a 3DS/Console killer. I wonder how many games will support it.
    This. Games are going to be an important factor in what sways console fans, if it's still the same Angry Birds casual ********, the mobile market won't really grow, they need to be able to run games which are longer and have more substance.

Resident evil...maybe metal gear solid. I think you could use it in kid Icarus as well

Monster Hunter as well.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    This. Games are going to be an important factor in what sways console fans, if it's still the same Angry Birds casual ********, the mobile market won't really grow, they need to be able to run games which are longer and have more substance.

The molbile game market does have several games that try to be more serious then most angry bird things, though I admit finding those kind of games are difficult among all the garbage. Might have the some of the same problems as atari did though, with no real control (more or caused by disintrest on the phone makers part)over the market (except maybe basic this app won't destroy your phone approval or something) the market will get flooded, finding good games will be near impossible (even with the modern ease to get reviews...well people tend to distrust professional review unless they agree on the game score and amature rewiews can be difficult to disphier truth and obious hatred for (insert hated game company here))

The games that do make a serious effort are mostly ports though, see GTA3 and KoToR, or really short games. Mobile at this point is far too monetized and slapdash in its development to ever gain a stronger foot holding over the console space. Of course though, you can argue that it will gain one eventually, as the monetization model they have running on mobile games will never work with a home console and as such publishers will put enough backing into them to gain the revenue they truly want.

If however we're on the subject of controller APIs for mobiles, then its a ****ing joke. A rip off even. 100 dollar shells for a yearly planned obsolescence phone that would require you each and every year to buy a new 100 dollar shell? And trust me, you WILL have to buy that new shell and new phone, as it has been proven that older models lag with newer firmwares, which coincidentally are needed for these API's. Welcome to the future, you're capitalism's *****.
    Last edited by mitchman_93; 28th November 2013 at 8:25 AM.
    BLAH

You Tube is now available on the 3DS. I'm downloading it now. Hoping the system update comes early in December (though I wouldn't be too surprised if it was roughly this time next month, honestly).

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    You Tube is now available on the 3DS. I'm downloading it now. Hoping the system update comes early in December (though I wouldn't be too surprised if it was roughly this time next month, honestly).
    Nice, I'll pick that up in a second!

Did anyone else see the Ice White 3DS XL + Super Mario 3D Land on Amazon for Ł120
    Too much water guys!

Quote Originally Posted by tomatohater View Post
    Nice, I'll pick that up in a second!

Did anyone else see the Ice White 3DS XL + Super Mario 3D Land on Amazon for Ł120
    Yeah, they're doing a ton of Black Friday deals and some Nintendo stuff got in. I saw regular 3DSes go for only Ł99 and I think a Pink 3DS deal is starting tomorrow as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Is it just me, or is the sound in the 3DS's Youtube muffled? And I have some really good ear buds.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

First time running it, it crashed and restarted the system.

Sound and video quality is also bad. I was hoping it would look better for 240p vids because of 3DS screen size but w/e

Page 492 of 526 FirstFirst ... 392442482488489490491492493494495496502 ... LastLast