Page 495 of 526 FirstFirst ... 395445485491492493494495496497498499505 ... LastLast
Results 12,351 to 12,375 of 13143

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GravityStorm View Post
    I'm sure the system can still distinguish between purchases made on the Wii U and those made on the 3DS.
    There's no need to distinguish, the shops are different. You can only purchase 3DS games on the 3DS eShop and vice versa. If you add any balance to your account you can use it on either eShop.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hE7Zu3Tclk
    Nintendo released this video as a tutorial for NNID on the 3DS.
    BLAH

So...I'm thinking about buying another 3DS. Although, I'm not sure if I want another regular 3DS or the 3DS XL. One of the main things that I disliked about the regular 3DS is that the glossy finish attracts everything and usually there is a ton of **** on it that I end up having to clean every now and then. My question to those who own or owned both the 3DS and 3DS XL, is do you usually end up cleaning your XL as frequently as the regular? I'm interested in the larger screens and extra battery life too.

Pokemon X and ΩR Shiny Hunter

Latest shiny: (SR 19 hrs 21mins)

I have claimed Kanga

Quote Originally Posted by MultiDarkShadow777 View Post
    So...I'm thinking about buying another 3DS. Although, I'm not sure if I want another regular 3DS or the 3DS XL. One of the main things that I disliked about the regular 3DS is that the glossy finish attracts everything and usually there is a ton of **** on it that I end up having to clean every now and then. My question to those who own or owned both the 3DS and 3DS XL, is do you usually end up cleaning your XL as frequently as the regular? I'm interested in the larger screens and extra battery life too.
    I personally prefer my XL much more. I use the 3DS carrying bags from Club Nintendo for both, so I slip a cleaning cloth (meant for glasses) in both. I wipe down the screens before I start playing every time, but I have never felt the need to wipe off the shell on my XL, unlike the original. I would definitely recommend upgrading if you've done some research and think the XL is something you might like to have.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
        Spoiler:- Friend Code & Trade Offers:

The XL is definitly less glossy. I clean mine a lot because it's a limited edition one, and even so I clean it less than my regular 3DS. The battery life is also way better, as are the screens. At first, I wasn't sure about the XL like you, but I asure you, it is a lot better.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Recent Shiny: Cresselia
    Current Hunt: Regirock

When setting up Miiverse, I went through at least 4 parental control prompts. I get it Nintendo, even though I'm over 18, you still want my parents to monitor what I do. I wish I could save my age to the system to avoid these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    When setting up Miiverse, I went through at least 4 parental control prompts. I get it Nintendo, even though I'm over 18, you still want my parents to monitor what I do.
    Would you have them remove all parental controls and ToS prompts to save you the smallest of small annoyances? How is Nintendo to know you're over 18 and more importantly, why should they care?

I wish I could save my age to the system to avoid these things.
    Because that would serve a ton of purpose.

My question to those who own or owned both the 3DS and 3DS XL, is do you usually end up cleaning your XL as frequently as the regular? I'm interested in the larger screens and extra battery life too.
    The XL is a matte finish, and I've hardly ever felt the need to clean the shell of mine.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Would you have them remove all parental controls and ToS prompts to save you the smallest of small annoyances?
    Yes to both. No one reads them anyway.
    How is Nintendo to know you're over 18 and more importantly, why should they care?
    Why should anyone care when you can just enter a fake age and access content they don't want you to anyway.
    Works fine on other services.

Why should anyone care when you can just enter a fake age and access content they don't want you to anyway.
    That might be the point.

It could give them reference data and allow them to market specifically to your age group, as well as the Parental Controls prompts.

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    That might be the point.
    If so, then fine. It's still an unnecessary annoyance. One would of been enough. To throw it in there over the whole set up, even directing the system to the menu is overkill.

Yes to both. No one reads them anyway.

Works fine on other services.
    If so, then fine. It's still an unnecessary annoyance. One would of been enough. To throw it in there over the whole set up, even directing the system to the menu is overkill.
    Okay.

This is complaining for the sake of it and you're well aware of that.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Okay.

This is complaining for the sake of it and you're well aware of that.
    Well I'm actually serious about the age thing. It affects other things like Nintendo Videos, Demo and info on certain games. It would be nice not to have to enter it over and over again. Also if you enter it wrong by accident, you have to wait a while before being able to do it again. It's a valid compliant.

Quote Originally Posted by GravityStorm View Post
    I personally prefer my XL much more. I use the 3DS carrying bags from Club Nintendo for both, so I slip a cleaning cloth (meant for glasses) in both. I wipe down the screens before I start playing every time, but I have never felt the need to wipe off the shell on my XL, unlike the original. I would definitely recommend upgrading if you've done some research and think the XL is something you might like to have.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    The XL is definitly less glossy. I clean mine a lot because it's a limited edition one, and even so I clean it less than my regular 3DS. The battery life is also way better, as are the screens. At first, I wasn't sure about the XL like you, but I asure you, it is a lot better.
    The XL is a matte finish, and I've hardly ever felt the need to clean the shell of mine.
    Thank you. I'm definitely considering the XL.

Pokemon X and ΩR Shiny Hunter

Latest shiny: (SR 19 hrs 21mins)

I have claimed Kanga

Today (and I think for the entire weekend) is MixUp StreetPass Whatever time. So if you go to any places that has a NintendoZone connection (pretty much anywhere that has "attwifi" as the wireless hotspot), you'll be streetpassing from people all over your country and the world.

If you normally go to a location and streetpass with the same half a dozen or so people who go to that Starbucks/McDonalds/Home Depot/whatever, you won't be streetpassing with them unless you actually see them at the location.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    Today (and I think for the entire weekend) is MixUp StreetPass Whatever time. So if you go to any places that has a NintendoZone connection (pretty much anywhere that has "attwifi" as the wireless hotspot), you'll be streetpassing from people all over your country and the world.

If you normally go to a location and streetpass with the same half a dozen or so people who go to that Starbucks/McDonalds/Home Depot/whatever, you won't be streetpassing with them unless you actually see them at the location.
    Too bad I've got all pieces from Puzzle Swap, and I don't have those new mini-games for Mii Plaza either. Still, it will be refreshing to get a new set of Streetpasses instead of passing the same bunch of people for the 10th, 20th, and 30th time.

And I just realized that my dorm has a Nintendo Zone connection as well. Too bad I'm not there right now.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

There's an update for the Youtube app. Which it should fix the bug and crash times.

Quote Originally Posted by Savvao View Post
    There's an update for the Youtube app. Which it should fix the bug and crash times.
    It still happens, just less often and it doesn't restart the system.
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

Let's say for Christmas, I get the Link Between Worlds 3DS XL bundle, just because I've been pestering my parents Santa about my dying 3DS.

What will happen if I do a data transfer? Will a Link Between Worlds be transferred or overwritten, or will it remain on the 3DS?
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Let's say for Christmas, I get the Link Between Worlds 3DS XL bundle, just because I've been pestering my parents Santa about my dying 3DS.

What will happen if I do a data transfer? Will a Link Between Worlds be transferred or overwritten, or will it remain on the 3DS?
    I take it you already have ALBW?
    I can't answer how it overwrites things, but in this case you don't need to worry. My understanding is that the bundle comes with a download code, not pre-installed on the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post

Since the bundle includes A Link Between Worlds as a code to be used in the eshop to download the game free, I believe it will transfer just like all other downloaded software. If your talking about when you transfer things from your old 3DS, well, just wait until after you transfer the data to the new XL before attempting to DL A Link Between Worlds just to be safe.

EDIT: Ninja'd, but yeah, if you already have ALBW downloaded to your old 3DS, you basically have a free code for your collection or ebay.
    Last edited by Silvershark; 15th December 2013 at 3:56 AM.
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

Oh, it's a code. I forgot those existed.

That makes thing so much easier. I was afraid someone would misunderstand my question and I'd have to go into detail. I didn't explain it very well either, I was more afraid that it would be downloaded onto the SD card already and that the SD card would no longer be compatible.

I don't have it yet, BTW, but I really want it.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

My brother got ALBW and I got MP: IT for Best Buy's buy one get one half-discount.

Pretty good deal.

I wanted Pokemon X but since the only exclusive pokemon I care about is Xerneas. I think I'll wait for an event for it.
    Last edited by Savvao; 15th December 2013 at 9:12 AM.

Communities for Star Fox 3D, Ocarina of Time, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Miracle Mask, Kid Icarus: Uprising, along some others were added.

WHERE THE HELL ARE MY SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI COMMUNITIES? (They possibly don't want people to spam Mara pics...)
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 16th December 2013 at 8:50 PM.

WayneBrady is a Mii thing for StreetPass at NintendoZone locations
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    WayneBrady is a Mii thing for StreetPass at NintendoZone locations
    I still need to pick him up at a Nintendo Zone. I should do it later today since my parents are going out for the weekend (leaving Thursday).

Page 495 of 526 FirstFirst ... 395445485491492493494495496497498499505 ... LastLast