Page 496 of 526 FirstFirst ... 396446486492493494495496497498499500506 ... LastLast
Results 12,376 to 12,400 of 13142

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Anyone else getting a bug when they try to enter the eShop?

I receive error 005-4240 which reads "an error has occurred. Please try again later. If the problem persists, please visit support.nintendo.com.

And yes, I already tried holding L+R+A+ up on d-pad when powering on the system. The resulting update screen also results in an error. This is very problematic since I use the eShop for some purchases and I'd like to be able to fix it so I can download Pokemon Bank when it is released.
    3DS FC (Pokemon X): 1848-1667-7668
    Friend safari is Ice with Snorunt, Beartic, and Cloyster. Looking for Dragon safaris, safaris with Whirlipede or Espurr, and Y-exclusive Mega Stones.

Shiny Chains (D/P): Ralts, Magnemite, Beldum
    Targets: Shinx
    Shiny Chains (X/Y): None
    Targets: Clauncher/Clawitzer, Swirlix, Smeargle

Quote Originally Posted by Skydra View Post

I receive error 005-4240 which reads "an error has occurred. Please try again later. If the problem persists, please visit support.nintendo.com.

And yes, I already tried holding L+R+A+ up on d-pad when powering on the system. The resulting update screen also results in an error. This is very problematic since I use the eShop for some purchases and I'd like to be able to fix it so I can download Pokemon Bank when it is released.
    It's christmas, the eshop will be hammered for most of the day

I hope this problem goes away. My brother got me a Nintendo Prepaid Card as a Christmas gift and I was gonna put it in the eShop. Plus I want to be able to download Pokemon Bank on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartD View Post
    I hope this problem goes away. My brother got me a Nintendo Prepaid Card as a Christmas gift and I was gonna put it in the eShop. Plus I want to be able to download Pokemon Bank on Friday.
    Of course it will go away, the server load wont be saturated forever.
    Last edited by Hydrohs; 27th December 2013 at 1:38 AM.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I guess I'm not the only one having problems getting on the eshop. But yeah it's Christmas, of course loads of people received pre-paid cards and getting on to buying things, etc. So it's not surprising that the servers are having problems.
    Guess I'll try getting on it tomorrow after work to see what's new. Can't wait for Pokemon Bank on Friday though if it doesn't get added in the morning I'll have to wait until the evening.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

So, the downloaded versions of Pokemon X & Y have protections against cloning, as in, you can only access your save file if it's the last one used on the 3DS.

Is it safe to do a system transfer? My last 3DS is refusing to charge, so it's too risky just trading them all to another game, and now Pokemon Bank has been delayed...I've also got the Zelda bundle for my new 3DS, so I've still got that download code sitting on my counter, waiting for the transfer before it's used.

Edit: After some time researching, I came down with squat. Since I couldn't find anyone complaining, I'm assuming it's safe, but I'd really like someone to confirm this first.
    Edit2: I give up on waiting. Wish me luck.
    Edit3: I have to connect to the internet to do it. Seriously? I guess I'll have to wait until the holiday server ends...
    Last edited by Zachmac; 26th December 2013 at 8:13 PM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

So when will the holiday server load die down?
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    So when will the holiday server load die down?
    I'd give it until kids go back to school, or when the parents bought everything their kids need.
    BLAH

Alright, I can deal with waiting a few days. Worst case scenario, I just have to wait a while for the Pokemon Bank. Its good to confirm that the error was just server load rather than a broken update.

Edit: eshop is now undergoing maintenance; hopefully this will fix any server problems.
    Last edited by Skydra; 27th December 2013 at 3:04 AM.
    Friend safari is Ice with Snorunt, Beartic, and Cloyster. Looking for Dragon safaris, safaris with Whirlipede or Espurr, and Y-exclusive Mega Stones.

Well, look on the bright side; all of those holiday sales will make Nintendus slightly less doomed than they were before.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Well, look on the bright side; all of those holiday sales will make Nintendus slightly less doomed than they were before.
    *Typical doomsday person*

NO! The servers are dead! Nintendoomed!

servers are BACK, nintendo saved
    or at least the wii u shop is up idk about the 3ds

3DS' eShop is still down. Just got an Error Code: 005-4240 when I tried to access it after hearing it was back on (guess it's only for the Wii U side of things).

Hope they get it all straightened up over the weekend and that the Pokčmon Bank/Transporter ain't delayed as bad as it was for Rockstar's GTA Online launch. Though I guess that they still will need some time to get it prepared and ready to handle future holiday flooding sprees in the near future. To all complaining about it, Just give them some slack on this since this is Nintendo's first "huge" server down ever. They'll get it back and working when it's in working condition again.

there's no Battle Frontier?!

3DS shop is down ATM. I feel like I'm the only one who is trying to download the Dream Radar though. I want those legendaries for PokeBank.

It doesn't sound like Pokemon Bank will be out on time, but I guess getting the eShop fixed is the first issue. I don't mind waiting, if it means everything will be solid.

Quote Originally Posted by DaAuraWolf View Post
    3DS' eShop is still down. Just got an Error Code: 005-4240 when I tried to access it after hearing it was back on (guess it's only for the Wii U side of things).

Hope they get it all straightened up over the weekend and that the Pokčmon Bank/Transporter ain't delayed as bad as it was for Rockstar's GTA Online launch. Though I guess that they still will need some time to get it prepared and ready to handle future holiday flooding sprees in the near future. To all complaining about it, Just give them some slack on this since this is Nintendo's first "huge" server down ever. They'll get it back and working when it's in working condition again.
    005-4240 is actually a separate error than maintenance. From what I've been told it has to do with server load. I'm getting 007-5503 though, which is maintenance, so you're right about continued 3DS maintenance.

As for myself, I now have Luigi's Mansion and Animal Crossing to play throughout this server problem.
    Last edited by Skydra; 27th December 2013 at 5:25 AM.

So there isn't any new releases in the eShop? Does anyone know? I apologize if it's cause by this downtime.
    EDIT: Nvm I saw what's out today.

*sigh*
    Still no SMB3. Way to go nintendo...just way to go...
    Last edited by Savvao; 27th December 2013 at 7:06 AM.

005-4240 is actually a separate error than maintenance. From what I've been told it has to do with server load. I'm getting 007-5503 though, which is maintenance, so you're right about continued 3DS maintenance.
    If it's just server load, couldn't you just try at an off-peak time, like 7am GMT, when most of Europe and America are asleep?
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    If it's just server load, couldn't you just try at an off-peak time, like 7am GMT, when most of Europe and America are asleep?
    I honestly don't know. I suppose its worth a try. I should have tried when I was up most of last night, but I guess I was too tired when I left the computer to think of it.

I just got onto the shop. Poke bank is off completely.

Officially claimed Dominic Santiego from the Gears of war series

Friend code:
    3ds: 2509 2089 0857

Black ice never dies. cut one head off, another two grow back. Just look in the miror and see that you will crumble before the might of Black ice.
    http://blackice.forumotion.com/

Visit the Black Ice youtube channel today and Subscribe!https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVU...PN_n9LOvZtmhxQ

Quote Originally Posted by L. Lawliet View Post
    I just got onto the shop. Poke bank is off completely.
    Yes, it's been delayed.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Too many idiots on Miiverse complaining and having no idea what they're talking about...

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Nintendo has released a statement that all the online aspects of it's systems Wii,WiiU and 3ds eshop are offline temporally for fixing.

Looks like its all back online. Now to wait for the Pokemon Bank ( I know, it could be a while).
    Last edited by Skydra; 29th December 2013 at 3:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Too many idiots on Miiverse complaining and having no idea what they're talking about...
    I feel like Miiverse has had people like that since the Wii U launched and has now increased since 3DS Miiverse became available.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Page 496 of 526 FirstFirst ... 396446486492493494495496497498499500506 ... LastLast