Page 5 of 525 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Got to love all the idiots that come down to the nintendo discussion forum every time a new console is announced!
    Events:
    On a 3rd Gen Game (Temporarily Unavailable for Trade-Missing DS with a GBA Slot): Bonus Disk Jirachi, 10 ANIV Celebi, 10 ANIV Typhlosion, 10 ANIV Suicune, 10 ANIV Espeon, MYSTRY Mew, XD Lugia
    On a 4th Gen Game: ALAMOS Darkrai, Japanese Member Card Darkrai, Zoroark Movie Scizor, 11219 Mew, NZ Jirachi, Japanese Regigagas to activate the event
    On a 5th Gen Game: GAMESTOP Suicune, May 2012 Darkrai x 3, June 2012 Victini x 2, Spring 2012 Reshiram, Spring 2012 Zekrom, 2012 Arceus, Liberty Island Victini

That includes yourself, right?

Includes me too! Although I am always roaming around the forums, unlike some people.

Anyways, on topic.

If there is an analog stick, that will get rid of the capability of the 'open/clode' 'book style' DS, due to the extra space (upward space) that it would take in order to include it. Also, I could not imagine spriting for a Pokemon game that allows you to be any one of 360 degrees around the camera, the buttons are also the Nintendo style. If I wanted a analog stick, I would have bought a PSP.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas666 View Post
    If there is an analog stick, that will get rid of the capability of the 'open/clode' 'book style' DS, due to the extra space (upward space) that it would take in order to include it.
    Not necessarily. Look at a DS Lite - the screen isn't flush with the lower half, it hills upward. The lid is simply designed with just enough arc to have space to accomodate that. They easily could do an analog pad or nub, so long as it wasn't too tall.

On that note, Sony managed to put such an analog nub on the PSP Go, which isn't even clamshell, it's a slider design. I don't know how well the nub plays, but they did it.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Wait, where did it say that there's going to be GameCube type graphics? Was it assumed, because IMO, in terms of graphics, GBC = NES, GBA = SNES, DS = N64, so it would be natural to assume that 3DS = GCN. Was this confirmed? If so, that's awesome. I'm also hoping that they'll use a much larger screen resolution.

Hell yeah. HGSS had quite the amount of 3D models, which I was very pleased with. I very much hope we get more of these in the future.
    You do realize that every single building in Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, and SoulSilver is a 3D model, right?

portable Twilight Princess & Smash Bros Melee?
    Last edited by Chaos Rush; 24th March 2010 at 5:19 AM.
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

Hmm...

Methinks we'll be seeing a PSP successor soon.

Anyway, looks like I was right; 5th gen pokemon is most likely on a new handheld.
    MK Wii FC: 4125-3565-2043

98% of teenagers cannot perform basic math. If you're one of the 7% who can, copy and paste this into your sig.

I hack pokemon with my AR. Don't like it? Tough.

FFIII DS sucks, and MMX6 sucks even more, but MMX7 is just crap.

It is said that when it roars, a volcano erupts somewhere around the globe.

ENTEI embodies the passion of magma. This POKEMON is thought to have been born in the eruption of a volcano. It blasts fire that consumes all it touches.

ENTEI learns Roar at level 15.
    >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon-dana
    But seriously, I agree with BitchBlast's point from a few posts back.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzBlast View Post
    Anyway, looks like I was right; 5th gen pokemon is most likely on a new handheld.
    I expect different from you, Blitz. Have you read the thread or given the involved timeframes any thought?

-----
    Words to|live by

Shush. I'm busy wondering how they're going to implement pokemon on this.

Don't ruin it for me.

98% of teenagers cannot perform basic math. If you're one of the 7% who can, copy and paste this into your sig.

ENTEI embodies the passion of magma. This POKEMON is thought to have been born in the eruption of a volcano. It blasts fire that consumes all it touches.

>_<

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzBlast View Post
    Shush. I'm busy wondering how they're going to implement pokemon on this.
    If that's really your game, then watch this--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5QSclrIdlE

--and imagine them doing some sort of perspective-shift vista of each individual location you visit.

-----
    Words to|live by

I've got to admit that's impressive.

>_<

Damn this looks good, I wonder how much this will dig into my pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post

It's not that kind of 3D.

It's this kind:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5QSc...layer_embedded
    Ah thank you for the clarification Hydrohs, okay I'm a little less worried now since that looks like it could be nice. But I'm still concerned about if it'd still make me sick somehow. If it doesn't I'm fine with it though, health problems are really the only reason I'm against 3D.
    "Two players, two sides. One is light, one is dark."

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    If that's really your game, then watch this--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5QSclrIdlE

--and imagine them doing some sort of perspective-shift vista of each individual location you visit.
    Yeah thats what I expect as they shift the overworld a bit in HGSS so I assume we'll get a more advanced version of that. So does this mean we'll actually be able to see the sky in pokemon? Without going super high up of course.

Twin: PhQnix Bishie: Kurapica Cartoon Bishie: Freakazoid Pair: Leona

Samba Dinos don't need context.
    Xanga |Last FM

I think that they'll use skymin blood for battery acid.
    More efficient.

I wonder how the Mario and Luigi series will use this.

>_<

I don't know why but I have a really bad feeling about this system. I mean, 3D movies give me a really bad headache, I could barely sit through alice in wonderland when I saw it in 3D, I would hate to have to miss out on the system because it gives me headaches.

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Quote Originally Posted by ~Gregguru~ View Post
    I don't know why but I have a really bad feeling about this system. I mean, 3D movies give me a really bad headache, I could barely sit through alice in wonderland when I saw it in 3D, I would hate to have to miss out on the system because it gives me headaches.
    Good thing we've established several times that it, practically speaking, likely won't be the stereoscopic 3D used in modern cinema.

Reading the thread would have told you this.

-----
    Words to|live by

Good thing we've established several times that it, practically speaking, likely won't be the stereoscopic 3D used in modern cinema.

Reading the thread would have told you this.
    Theres still a possibility that it could cause headaches or whatever to some people. :/

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Quote Originally Posted by A d v e n t™ View Post
    That includes yourself, right?
    Dude this and other video games discussion are the only ones I ever go on.

Theres still a possibility that it could cause headaches or whatever to some people. :/
    If looking up and down causes you headaches, you probably are very handicapped and can not play videogames.
    Events:
    On a 3rd Gen Game (Temporarily Unavailable for Trade-Missing DS with a GBA Slot): Bonus Disk Jirachi, 10 ANIV Celebi, 10 ANIV Typhlosion, 10 ANIV Suicune, 10 ANIV Espeon, MYSTRY Mew, XD Lugia
    On a 4th Gen Game: ALAMOS Darkrai, Japanese Member Card Darkrai, Zoroark Movie Scizor, 11219 Mew, NZ Jirachi, Japanese Regigagas to activate the event
    On a 5th Gen Game: GAMESTOP Suicune, May 2012 Darkrai x 3, June 2012 Victini x 2, Spring 2012 Reshiram, Spring 2012 Zekrom, 2012 Arceus, Liberty Island Victini

You'd really have to work at it to get a headache from autostereoscopic 3D. Again - it's absolutely nothing like stereoscopic 3D, which is what movies presently use, and has nothing to do with glasses or anything of the sort.

-----
    Words to|live by

I saw a 3D image/video viewer in Japan I believe. I think it was no bigger than 4 iPod Touch units in size. I don't think it used the same kind of technology, but if I didn't look at it TOO hard it didn't hurt my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by natie View Post
    Bigger pixels =/= blurryness... Have you compared a DSi LL to a DS Phat or Lite yet? It actually looks better...
    Bigger pixels do ewual blurry. Can you please change your screen resolution to 800x600, which I'm sure is not native, and tell me it's not blurry?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas666 View Post
    If there is an analog stick, that will get rid of the capability of the 'open/clode' 'book style' DS, due to the extra space (upward space) that it would take in order to include it.
    No it wouldn't... The D-pad and buttons already protrude from the case, the PSP analog nub requires less upward space the the D-pad on any current DS.

Quote Originally Posted by Neurotic Nuckelavee View Post
    Ah thank you for the clarification Hydrohs, okay I'm a little less worried now since that looks like it could be nice. But I'm still concerned about if it'd still make me sick somehow. If it doesn't I'm fine with it though, health problems are really the only reason I'm against 3D.
    It's no different than playing any game, there's nothing shooting out at you or anything like that.

Only if they already get headaches from playing video games >.>

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Jigglychu View Post
    Another rumor!

Source

That's interesting.... an analog stick?
    Oh? Nice. Vibration in a handheld will definitely win some people over.
    BLAH

You'd really have to work at it to get a headache from autostereoscopic 3D. Again - it's absolutely nothing like stereoscopic 3D, which is what movies presently use, and has nothing to do with glasses or anything of the sort.
    So when Iwata said ""Nintendo 3DS" (temp) during the fiscal year ending March 2011, on which games can be enjoyed with 3D effects without the need for any special glasses" he was technically lying.

And if that's the case then why did I hear they were looking into the health effects of this?

So they were lying and were being unnecessarily cautious?

Don't you just love gaming companies.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 24th March 2010 at 2:15 PM.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I saw that you guys were taking the analog stick news as speculation, but I'm pretty certain its not, and that whatever Nikkei said, is likely going to happen. They revealed the XL and the DSi with vague hints just as they are doing here way before the actual reveal.
    BLAH

Page 5 of 525 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast