Page 502 of 526 FirstFirst ... 402452492498499500501502503504505506512 ... LastLast
Results 12,526 to 12,550 of 13143

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

I swear to god NOA, if you take more than a week to release Bank in NA, you'll never hear the end of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I wouldn't imagine we'd be waiting more than a week for the Bank, but I'm just taking a wild guess here. That, and I also hope we aren't waiting much longer. I'd love for us to finally get it this week and finally be done with it.

Still, Europe and Australia would get the Bank on what happens to be my emptiest day of the week. If we happen to get it tomorrow, on my busiest day of the week? Well, I don't know how I'd feel. I guess I'm used to dumb luck at this point.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

I'll simply download the thing, transfer all unobtainable stuff, and delete the apps forever. I honestly never seen people storing over 900 Pokemon and I have never reached that high count, unless they want to create a lot of hacked Pokemon and abuse the system. I'll be the same thing if Game Freak makes apps like this in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    I'll simply download the thing, transfer all unobtainable stuff, and delete the apps forever. I honestly never seen people storing over 900 Pokemon and I have never reached that high count, unless they want to create a lot of hacked Pokemon and abuse the system. I'll be the same thing if Game Freak makes apps like this in the future.
    I'm doing the same; I had bought a $10 eshop card so I can have extra funds for Bank, but I'll probably be done after moving what I need, and not bother until the next gen (unless GF decides to make whatever game after X/Y to not have compatibility with each other).
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    You've never seen people who use Ranch or Pokemon Box? I've got well over 1000 Pokemon from all the different games from the past decade.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    You've never seen people who use Ranch or Pokemon Box? I've got well over 1000 Pokemon from all the different games from the past decade.
    Bank very well still may not be enough for me personally. But then again, I don't think I'll want to transfer every single mon over forever. I'll probably end up releasing a lot of them.

On another note:

I spilled a Starbucks drink not on my 3DS, but it got some splatter. I have these Dust Off Quick Clean Electronics Screen Wipes I picked up at a convenience store. Are these complete garbage or will they get the job done/not damage my screen?

Bottom screen has a protector on it, top screen doesn't.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

You don't need anything fancy, you can use any old damp cloth.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Honestly, I just use my shirt.

Oh sweet, Bank is live in North America! Now I know what I'm going to be doing later this evening...

I have a few spots here and there on my screens that keep managing to appear that come off easily enough with a small damp cloth like Hydrohs said. Handy for glasses aas well. :B
    Last edited by Rio!; 5th February 2014 at 7:20 PM.
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    Oh sweet, Bank is live in North America! Now I know what I'm going to be doing later this evening...
    cool that bank is out. now people can finally stop complaining.
    pokemon white friend code
    0647 5096 9579
    Name: Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Honestly, I just use my shirt.
    That works as well. Breathe on the screen to fog it up if necessary, and wipe away.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Emperor View Post
    cool that bank is out. now people can finally stop complaining.
    inb4 people complain about it anyway
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

See? We just had to believe in the Reggienator. He'll never bring us down. Reggie as the new Governornator of Califorrrrrnia!
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Inb4 Nintendo offers something extra as a result of having it delayed, giving people no excuse whatsoever to complain.
    pokemon white friend code
    0647 5096 9579
    Name: Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Emperor View Post
    Inb4 Nintendo offers something extra as a result of having it delayed, giving people no excuse whatsoever to complain.
    You underestimate people's lack of rationality in complaining.

Either way, the complaining was largely impatience anyway. Yes, people wanted their instant gratification, but at the same time, I'd take a fully functional PokeBank a bit later over a flawed PokeBank that would immediately crash sooner.

So huzzah, we now have a functional PokeBank and the waiting is now done.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by SazandoraIsAwesome View Post
    See? We just had to believe in the Reggienator. He'll never bring us down. Reggie as the new Governornator of Califorrrrrnia!
    I would not object to that. Not that I have anything against the current governor.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post

Either way, the complaining was largely impatience anyway. Yes, people wanted their instant gratification, but at the same time, I'd take a fully functional PokeBank a bit later over a flawed PokeBank that would immediately crash sooner.

Fully functional perhaps, but it's not like it was perfect either. It still took me hours to send just 5 boxes, so it seems the server lag is a hindrance regardless. I ran into the "interruption when accessing the session, please try again in short while" message so many times, it reminded me of the 5th Gen Dream World launch (not an ideal comparison, but the point is still there). All the more gratifying to be done, though.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Quote Originally Posted by Psynergy View Post
    Fully functional perhaps, but it's not like it was perfect either. It still took me hours to send just 5 boxes, so it seems the server lag is a hindrance regardless. I ran into the "interruption when accessing the session, please try again in short while" message so many times, it reminded me of the 5th Gen Dream World launch (not an ideal comparison, but the point is still there).
    Really? I didn't send over too much stuff, but I never had any sort of lag or server problems while I did; it worked just fine for me, and the bulk of the time I spent was just switching from White to Transporter to Bank and back to White.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post

Indeed, I was able to transfer three boxes from my Black 2 in just about eight minutes. If we didn't have this delay, I'd imagine there would be drastically more time to get one box transferred. Overall it went smoothly for me as expected from an extended delay.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Really? I didn't send over too much stuff, but I never had any sort of lag or server problems while I did; it worked just fine for me, and the bulk of the time I spent was just switching from White to Transporter to Bank and back to White.
    Yeah, I got it as soon as it went live, and the first box went through without too much of an issue. Next time I tried to access the Transporter, I got a "please try again in a short while" message while trying to connect, which meant I actually had to wait about 5 minutes or so to try again, only to have the same message appear, and repeat. I spent a nearly two hour period in between one of my classes trying to send over my four of my boxes only to have two actually go through. It took me quite awhile to get my stuff finally sent over.

Though now I'm wondering why I'm the only one who seemed to have these problems.

No, I got pretty quickly after it went live as well (I think they put it up right after I went to shovel snow, so like an hour after at most).

Perhaps it's a geographical thing? Dragalge and I are on the East Coast; maybe we're superior beings on a different server or something?

I think I'm gonna wait till the servers cool down. Besides I still need to organize the pokemans I wanna transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    No, I got pretty quickly after it went live as well (I think they put it up right after I went to shovel snow, so like an hour after at most).

Perhaps it's a geographical thing? Dragalge and I are on the East Coast; maybe we're superior beings on a different server or something?
    Yeah, I got it half an hour after getting out of bed, which was pretty much when it went up.

Could possibly just be a geographical thing, or it could simply be the same luck that willed the Bank to come out on the day I have a huge pile of math homework. I could use the college internet connection here as a scapegoat, but I doubt it had anything to do with that. Oh well, either way, we're through that nightmarish delay, and I'm glad we're finally done with that.

Woo, Naughty natured Celebi?

I didn't have any server problems either.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Well, Pokemon Bank is ridiculously user unfriendly. It's almost as bad as the Pal Park in Diamond/Pearl. The only redeeming trait is the fact that it'll only take me a few hours to transfer all of my Pokemon, as opposed to a few months.

The servers are a little busier because a lot of people were busy at school earlier in the day, possibly.

Page 502 of 526 FirstFirst ... 402452492498499500501502503504505506512 ... LastLast